PP - F9 Absolute Pin Guild Quest: Bandit Camp Team One <<Bandit Camp>> (Oikawa, Vaan, Kotori)

Floor 9, blazing hell hot. 'Why did I suggest this quest in the first place, Why didn't I suggest <<Avalanche>>, as a primary guild quest, to the council' thought a certain blonde as she waited outside Vulcan village. She disliked this place and would always prefer the fairy tale snowy landscapes of the 4th floor than here. In any case this wasn't a casual walk, of which she could easily change destination. she was here because she had to redo the <<Bandit quest>> this time, instead of with the top brass of Square One, she would do it with her own guild members. She'd been assigned to lead Team 1 of the 3 teams Absolute Pin deployed to attack the bandits taking over the farming grounds on the 9th floor. They were to attack their assigned bandit group and then reunite with the other 2 teams. But for now she was leaning against the wall near the exit of the town, waiting for her other team members. Her companion, Kimba the white furred lion, was as always by her side sitting down with a bored expression, yawning from time to time.

Vulcan Village materialized around the blonde as he and his companion stepped from the gate. The sweltering heat was the first thing he noticed as he stepped into the towns plaza. King growled to nothing in particular but Oikawa knew the leopard hated extremely hot floors like this seeing as how the fourth floor was his native floor. Leading the way, Oikawa headed for the main entrance and out to the meetup. He hadn't the slightest clue where Kotori was. He half hoped she was already here. He didn't want to be worried about the girl but he couldn't help it considering his feelings for her. He was glad to know she was in his group. He trusted the other captains but he wanted to make sure things didn't get out of hand for her. Though he knew she was more than capable of handling herself. It was actually quite scary to see her get serious.

Exiting the village, he and King spotted the other well known blonde of Aincrad and her snow white familiar, Kimba. The companions greeted each other and laid there in anticipation. Oikawa greeted Ariel with a wave as they approached. "Ariel. It's been awhile since we've had to fight along side each other, or against each other for that matter. Before the others arrive however, I need to let it be known that things are changing. I've changed. And I've also done some reconnaissance. We need to talk when this is over." Leaving it at that, he scooted further along the wall and propped himself as he waited for the remaining two to arrive.

Vaan looked at the town of floor six. He sighed. It was time to go to Floor nine. He then began to speak. " Vulcan Village" A brilliant blue light went around him as he disappeared. Seconds later he popped out in floor nine. He stepped off the platform as he materialized. He was told he was actually to go to the exit of town. He began to walk down the roads. It was burning him up. He broke out into a sweat and seen Oikawa and Ariel. Vaan smiled and walked up to the two.

Hello, see you guys made it here as well. I think I am ready for it to cool down. All we have to wait for now is a girl named Kotori. Vaan leaned against the wall in the shade. He hoped Kotori would get here soon. It was burning like crazy out in this floor.

Awakening herself, Kotori found herself already somewhat fine enough to go on the quest that she was supposed to endure through with a few others players. It was going to be a simple task that hopefully could end with a good note although there was a few things she needed to do before night came around once again. Still, she was getting ahead of herself in that she had to hurry up and get to rendezvous point although she wished the place the quest had to take place in was something other than the blazing hot floor that was floor nine. She had been there once and there was reason for not coming back save for now. It was a undesirable floor, something that let down players when it had been unlocked.

The girl found herself approaching the small group as she saw the three people she was going to team with. Nodding at Ariel and saying "Hi." before turning doing the same to Oikawa and Vann. Quickly checking to see that she possessed everything she needed, the girl stood there quietly.

One by one the team members arrived, some were earlier than other but that didn't matter. Waving her blond hair backwards the blonde Noded to them all and replied to Oikawa in a pleased voice: "Yes well, we all change at a point. No matter how much we try not to, I for example..you don't see me going on the first floor helping noobs out anymore. In any case I'm curious of what you have to say, hopefully we will have some time to talk in peace. " she said as the others came. Once everybody was assembled she thought that she should say a few words before they departed but as she didn't prepare a speech, she simply said: " Okay the whole Team 1 is present and accounted for. For today we'll have to eliminate the northern side of the bandit camp. The rest of the team will attack from the other sides and we will meet up in the center for debriefing, or at least that is the plan. As many of you might know or not, plans usually go haywire during actual combat. In any case, let's finish this quest and get off this hot hell, we can't stand the heat. That is why we set our shop at the 4th floor in the first place. I'll take point, oikawa in the read and the two of you stay in the middle. Okay now, let move out!" she said, ending in a somehow military tone, like a drill sergeant as she took point according to the formation she suggested. It wasn't to much of a trip to the bandit camp but they had to stay together. Kimba let out a low roar and prefered to stay near the two new recruits, acting like a bodyguard to them.

"Hopefully," stated Oikawa shortly after he had settled into the wall. A familiar voice broke the peaceful quite. Although the amount of words were few, Oikawa determined easily that the player who had spoke them was indeed Vaan. Although, simple deduction would've produced the same answer. Nodding to Vaan, Oikawa scanned the area near the entrance looking for the one girl that seemed to keep his attention far longer than any mob he's ever aggro'd. Not much later, she stepped from the entrance and made her way towards them. King sat up  as she approached and gave her the same attention that she had drawn from the blonde. "Hey," awkwardly fell from his mouth as he returned his gaze to nothing particular. Their conversation they had earlier this week, still bugged him but; today he had to push it aside as he fought alongside the cause of the conversation. 

Suddenly Ariel piped up as everyone settle around. Giving a quick debrief, she concluded with some militaristic orders. Sighing, the blonde took up the rear and placed King on his head. The cub proceeded to get comfortable as they made their way to the northern encampment.

Vaan watched as another girl walked up, Kotori, as he heard. He nodded to the girl. She was the only one at around his level. He was the weakest one here. But that did not matter. Vaan looked at the lions. Or whatever kind of cats they were. One even tried to be a bodyguard to him and Kotori. Then Ariel began to pipe up in a militarily voice. She had her on point, Oikawa on the rear and Lori and him in the middle. Vaan readied his equipment and began to head to the northern encampment. Vaan looked forward and readied himself for a long night.

I hope we could get this done fast. I really like the fact that I am doing a quest with a guild and then I will like the fact that I will be asleep. Vaan continues to walk.

It was time to set out on the quest since all of the first group had managed to arrive, Kotori could only wonder about the other two groups that were partaking on this bandit quest. It didn't really matter however, what did matter was getting through today alive so that she could go have a peaceful sleep, something she altogether never did havein the game. Hopefully if she did do well and fought well enough to be considered okay, she could actually do that. Oikawa and Ariel seemed ready and so did King and Ariel's familiar. Vann seemed a bit distant in terms of understanding, he was still kind of a mystery.

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody seemed to understand their role as they went into formation and safely made their way towards their destination. The trip was short and luckily enough uneventful. Sometimes Ariel took glaces back each member of her team, thinking:

'It's been a while since I teamed with people in doing quests. Guess this will be a good exercise of faith for me too.' midway she lets out a satisfied sigh and unintentional revealed a small smile. 'So we have Oikawa, a old friend that had proven his worth in battle times after times. I can't wait to see how much he'd honed his skills. Hopefully not enough to surpass my own.' a short chuckle emerged at the last inner comment as she switched to the two new faces.

'Kotori and Vaan, from Teayre and Cal told me they show great promise and are inclined to reach the front lines. I can only help them a bit in their way and hope that the front lines don't change them as they did with myself.' she couldn't help but sigh at the thought but then shook her head a couple of times to cast away such thoughts.

They were approaching the target area so Ariel made a stop sigh and motioned the rest to come and observe the bandit camp. It wasn't that big, in fact it was as she remembered it, from the first couple of times she'd done the quest. Several small tents scattered randomly with a couple of fireplaces and 4 visible targets. Human looking NPCs that wielded axes and small shields.They apparently finished their mob hunt and were taking a break. Turning around to face the rest of her team Ariel nodded and simply stated: "Showtime! from here on I leave the mob fighting decisions to you. If you want to fight it 1 on 1 or as teams. In Any case I'm going to get their aggro first."

And with those words the blonde jumped from the cover and started lowering her stance. Slow but steady her body began emitting a golden glow until she reached the perfect pre-move required to activate her <<Charge>> skill. The instant she achieved it a golden-blue streak was left trailing from her last position and ending in front of the mob where she was now. Her black bladed rapier was impaled into the closest bandit's left side, a bit lower than the heart. The blonde let out a 'Tsk' as she missed her target area but soon a sadistic smile creep on her face as uttered the next words: "How about we dance for a bit. I promise I won't bite...hard." she was now in full battle mode and almost had forgotten about the rest of her team.

ID: 24595  BD: 8 [Hit]  MD:2 [Miss] (Savvy Activated)

Ariel: 73 / 73 HP

Oikawa: 81 / 81 HP

Vaan: 29 / 29 HP

Kotori: 31 / 31 HP

Bandit#1: 21 / 35 HP (-14 =1 Basic + 5 OHR + 1 Athletics + 3 Weapon + 4 <<Charge>>)

Bandit#2  35 / 35 HP

Bandit#3  35 / 35 HP

Bandit#4  35 / 35 HP

Feet shuffled across warmed pathways and molten rocks, only pausing every so briefly as to give the players attached tot hem a breather. Sweat casually dropped from the blondes brow as he brought up the caboose of their Bandit Elimination train. Their trek, although hot and a tad lengthy, passed by in not time as they quickly arrived to the campsite. Ariel held up a fist as she called for the group to halt as she scouted the area. Satisfied, she called for the group to huddle in as they all took note of the Mobs ahead. 

Human-like. Axes and shields. Relatively low HP. I can solo at least two of these if I needed to. Let's see what Ariel draws up. As if on cue, the female blonde issued some rather surprising orders. She gave their group free reign on Mobs. "Letting us let loose eh? Well I have no qualms. If anyone feels endangered, call for help. Me and Ariel will be their to aid you. Now let's do this." Ariel wasted no time as she bolted towards the first bandit. A golden glow sparked as she raced across the camp. Activating <Charge> eh? Nice move. "Guess I'll nab the second one. We leave the other two to you guys, " explained the blonde as he drew his weapon and darted towards the second Bandit.

The rapier slid from it's sheath and extended forward as he raced towards the Mob. A shield entered his field of vision as he feigned a jab, to bait the block only to duck low and lunge forward. His blade pierced the Bandit and sent him tumbling into the dirt. A red blood drop appeared in the Mobs status bar as it stood back up. Axe drawn the monster seemed ready to put up a fight.

[24608] BD: 10 (7+3) Bleed Activated

MD: 0 (4-4)

Ariel: 73 / 73 HP

Oikawa: 81 / 81 HP

Vaan: 29 / 29 HP

Kotori: 31 / 31 HP

Bandit#1: 21 / 35 HP (-14 =1 Basic + 5 OHR + 1 Athletics + 3 Weapon + 4 <<Charge>>)

Bandit#2: 28 / 35 HP (-7) -2 BLD 2/2

Bandit#3: 35 / 35 HP

Bandit#4: 35 / 35 HP