[PP-F4] Feeding The Enemy: A New Friend (Calrex)

Youno nodded her head, and sheathed her rapier, then she walked towards the area, upon walking into it, she discovered what it looked like, it was a meadow with some small trees, and made of ice. Her mouth dropped open, and she looked around, it was beautful, but what also caught her eyes was the beautiful owl perched on one of the branches, with wide eyes she looked at Calrex, T-that's it!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Calrex walked into the meadow he did a quick scan with his skill once again before taking a calming breath, letting the scenery return back to normal as he looked around, "Wow..."

"This place really is beautiful, and probably impossible to create in the real world, just like the High Fields of Crossing. I'll need to make note of this place later on so that I can bring Teayre here."

Hearing Hasai exclaim that she had found the creature she was looking to get as a familiar he looked over to see the owl perched on one of the branches of a tree, walking over, "Huh, it's certainly enjoying hanging out up there. We'll probably need to find a way to convince it to come down before you're able to give it any food."

"Well, if it's good food it'll likely come down in any case, but I'd rather avoid having Hasai use her food if it's just going to grab it and fly off. Of course, the first time isn't always going to be a success."

HP List

Calrex: 77/87(Poison: 0/3 Turns Left)

Youno thought for a moment, Do you have any ideas on how to get the owl down? It may take some time though... She continued to think, for what seemed like forever, Maybe I could just offer it food, but if it doesn't accept it, it is a waste. Maybe, I could climb the tree? Then she looked back at her short skirt, and thought better of it, What do you think Calrex? What should we do?

Meanwhile, the raole was recovering nearby, so it could attack them again, however, this time, it was gathering some.... friends.... not all of them were raoles though...

"Hm..."

As Hasai began giving suggestions of how to get the owl down Calrex crossed his arms as he began to contemplate the ideas as well, "It is a fairly small tree, but the main problem is that we need the owl to come into range so that we can actually give it the food. Normally, at least if the AI is operating under similar patterns to a normal owl, for it to come down would mean that it's after some kind of prey, because otherwise they tend to stay up in the trees. Hasai suggested going up, but with the way thing are it would probably be a bad idea for either of us. If she went, at least judging from her clothing, that would be a very compromised situation. If I went up it might take too much time, and for all I know that rat is still around nearby. Plus since we previously fought it there might still be some aggro from the battle."

"How about you focus on getting the owl down for now? I'll keep watch. I have a feeling that this area isn't exactly a safe zone, so it'd be best if I keep scanning around the immediate area to make sure we don't get ambushed. I'll let you know if I come up with any ideas."

With that Calrex turned and faced out towards the perimeter of the glade, his <<Reveal>> skill activating once again. As the scenery became see-through he looked left and right, seeing as far as his skill allowed to make sure there were no enemies currently in range. There seemed to be some movement at the very edge of the skill's range, but that was still a good distance off, more than enough he could give fair warning to his teammate before the enemy arrived.

"Besides, I'l still recovering from that poison damage the monster dealt to me earlier. I've still got more than enough health, but I'd best play it on the safe side and try to passively recover as much as I can."

Youno thought, are there any AI mice around? If so, would that work? She was trying to think, climbing is NOT an option, and now she has to figure out the rest, it was a small tree, but made of ice. It would be extremely slippery, and difficult to climb, she would have to take her time. She did not have the reveal skill, so she was entirely relying on Calrex. She felt vulnerable, but she shrugged it off, and clasped her hands together, she looked around, her surroundings, hoping to find something that would work.

"AI mice? Not to my knowledge. There aren'y many passive creatures in the field to my knowledge. The only ones that seem to be approachable in this game are usually monsters. Even Roc was formerly an enemy, or at least the falcons within his group were."

Calrex continued to sweep the perimeter with his eyes as he kept an eye out. Whatever movement was at the edge of his vision seemed to cease for now, but he wasn't going to take chances, especially since that rat had the ability to inflict poison on a critical hit. "Maybe if you found another branch you can hold or something you could trick the owl into flying onto it. That way you can lower it and pass the the food."

YOUNO

Youno just laughed, as she got the picture in her mind of her holding a branch like an idiot, That is a good idea, but I would look like an idiot! She thought for a moment, and looked at the owl's gaze. It seemed to be looking in a  frozen bush... She closed her eyes, and listened.... scuffling.... She walked towards the frozen bush, and kept her eyes closed, she leaped at the scuffling, and grabbed whatever it was... A mouse.... Her eyes brightened, but her eyes clouded as she was bit. She shook him off, and walked towards the tree. She took her hand, and started to melt the ice, with the heat in her hand. Once there was a small hole, she put the mouse in the hole. Holding it down, she saw the owl's eyes were on the mouse, she was currently holding. She was still trying to melt the ice to make a bigger hole though.

DEVIL RAOLE RAT

The raole, found three more of its kind, and they scuffled towards a big den. The squeaked a mouthful, and a big roar sounded. It was not heard in the clearing however, and the raole's made an agreement for the beast to help them. Then they started to slowly treck towards the Frozen Glade, they were still outside of Calrex's <<Reveal>> skill though.

As Calrex head Hasai beginning to make movements towards something, at least from what he could tell, he kept his eyes peeled in the distance, his <<Reveal>> skill still keeping the scenery see-through so that he could see through the obstacles that riddled the landscape, prevent any creature from using it as cover. He gave a calming breath as he pulled the Grand Blade just enough to release it from the lock built into the scabbard, but not enough that it was drawn.

"It sounds like Hasai has got something in mind. I'll continue to keep focused on guard duty for now. Hopefully she can get this familiar quickly so that we can start making our way back to the settlement."

Youno continued to dig the hole, and finally she felt it might be deep enough. She looked at her red fingers, they would heal, she did not feel any sort of pain. Then she carefully placed her hand with the mouse in it, inside of the hole. She released, and as quick as the wind, did a couple flips to get out of the way. The owl, watched the mouse struggle to get out, and felt it had a chance. It swooped down, and stretched out its talons. Youno got the food ready, for when the owl got close enough. As soon as the owl's talons latched onto the tiny creature, she whipped out the food. (We have a prob! I won't be post #30, you will)

OOC: XD I just PMed you about it.

IC:

"Alright things still seem in the clear for now."

He turned for a second as he saw the owl swoop over to Hasai, a smirk coming across his face as he went back to keeping watch. As he did he looked up, seeing Roc circling the perimeter of the glade overhead Calrex gave a calming breath as he relaxed his stance slightly, "With Roc on watch as well it'll be very difficult for any monsters to get the jump on us. I just hope Hasai will be able to tame the owl on her first try. This quest isn't exactly the hardest, but depending on your luck it can be the most time consuming."

YOUNO

Youno gave a deep breath, and slowly pulled out the food, the owl looked at her, interestingly, and watched her hand. She held out the food.

ID: 21182

LD: 9

The owl watched the food, but then returned to the mouse, it took it up, dropped it, and killed it. It scooped it back up, and went back into his tree. Youno put the untouched food away. The mob was not interested. She looked at Calrex, her eyes still bright, We should try again soon, let's give him a break first.... Suddenly a screech sounded....

(So next post is on 45?)

DEVIL RAOLE RAT #1,#2,and #3

Let out a screech as the Shadow Beast did the same, and stood on the Shadow Beast's back. When the Shadow Beast burst into the clearing, I hopped off and hissed at the players.

SHADOW BEAST

Let out a loud bellowing screech, as the rat's on his back did the same, he started running towards the two players, easily getting close, he was fast, and traveled well on ice and snow. He burst into the Frozen Glade, breaking an frozen bush, the rats leaped off his back, and hissed at the players. The shadow beast let out a growl.

DEVIL RAOLE RAT #1 25/50 (6 base dmg) has not fully healed from last battle.

DEVIL RAOLE RAT #2 50/50 (6 base dmg)

DEVIL RAOLE RAT #3 50/50 (6 base dmg)

SHADOW BEAST 70/70 (10 base dmg)

Calrex 81/87

Hasai 25/25

OOC: Yep you got it XD. Also I've actually only healed to 81 from the regular regeneration :P.

IC:

ID: 21276-21279

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice 1: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Mob Dice 2: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

Mob Dice 3: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 4: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex gave a nod as Hasai informed him of the owl not going for the bait, giving a calming breath, "Alright, let's go ahead and..."

His eyes shot over as he saw four monsters appear at the end of the glade, still a good distance off from him and Hasai, but not fully in view even without his <<Reveal>> skill, "Hasai, get your blade ready. It looks like we've got company."

"I should have figured. We didn't end up killing the first one, now the AI must have decided to have it bring company. This is gonna be tough, at least if I'm judging their health gauges right."

He drew the Grand Blade, giving a calming breath as he raised it skywards. After a few seconds he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance to the creatures, planning to strike first and get their attention on him before Hasai engaged the monsters. As he got into striking range his eyes trained on the weakest of the bunch, the first rat. With that he brought his blade down, delivering a fierce strike to the creature.

During this time the monsters decided to retaliate, with all four of them leaping at Calrex. His mind quickly tracked the attack patterns of the rats as he weaved between the first two before seeing the third rat give a light scratch to him. The shadowed beast tried to strike at the same time, but barely missed. However, the third rat and beast both triggered the Grand Chariot's Thorns ability as the aura chains surrounded Calrex's body before exploding, sending chain shards flying at the two creatures, knocking them back.

With that Calrex nodded to Hasai, "Let's focus on the weakest one first and reduce their numbers. After that I'd suggest we take out that large beast they decided to bring along."

HP List

Calrex: 80/87 (+7 Mitigation)

Hasai: 25/25

Enemies:

Devil Raole Rat 1: 16/50 (Hate: C 1 / H 0)

Devil Raole Rat 2: 50/50 (Hate: C 0 / H 0)

Devil Raole Rat 3: 49/50 (Hate: C 0 / H 0) (+1 Thorns)

Shadow Beast: 69/70 (Hate: C 0 / H 0) (+1 Thorns)

OOC: Alright, so technically I am supposed to control the creatures, since I spawned them, but how about we split them up, you take the mice, i take the shadow beast?

ID: 21294

BD: 3

MD: 4

IC:

Youno gave a shaky  breath, as she calmed herself, she drew out her rapier, and closed her eyes, her senses opened up, and then she opened her eyes, looking at the beast before her, she was ready to attack. She would try her take out move first. She activated her sword skill, Reaping of the Heart, before she ran at the small rat, it easily step sided her attack, and she cursed. Suddenly she saw the shadow beast loom over her. It sniffed her, it must be a cat of some sort, but it has a cloak! The breath ripped over her face, as she smelled the disgusting breath, it attempted to bite her face, but she rolled over, and jumped back, I think that beast ignores hate. It will go in between us.... Now it will be focused on you!

OOC: I shall control dat shadow beast ^.^

OOC: Sounds good XD.

IC:

ID: 21305, 21307-21308

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +1) = 7

Mob Dice 1: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 5

Mob Dice 3: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As Hasai rushed forward and thrust her rapier at the shadow beast, but it seemed the creature was slightly too fast for the attack as it swiftly moved to the side, keeping its attention on her, "Shoot, I need to get all of these creature's attention quickly. But for now I need to take out the weakest link first."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he kept his eyes trained on the two rats that had decided to lock onto him as a target. However, the second one decided to run towards Hasai, attempting to scratch her, but the attack fell far from the mark as the claw sailed far to the side. At the same time the first and third rats leapt at Calrex as he easily dodged one, but felt the scratch of another. However, both triggered his Thorns ability once again as the chain shards exploded from the struck area, pelting the two with the attack.

Quickly locking onto the weakest rat he rushed in again, delivering a fierce diagonal slash as he slid by, turning to keep his eyes trained on the group.

"Alright, she said that the best is probably going to lock onto me next. Best be prepared for the strike then."

HP List

Calrex: 79/87 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Devil Raole Rat 1: 6/50 (Hate: C 2 / H 0)

Devil Raole Rat 3: 48/50 (Hate: C 0 / H 0)

Shadow Beast: 69/70 (Hate: C 0 / H 0)

ID: 21312

BD: 7

MD: 10

LD: 5

Youno leaped at the smaller rat, hoping to kill it, she plunged her sword, activating her 'Pounding Heart' Skill, she stabbed the rat, and made a heart shape. The rat burst into a million crystals, and she smiled successfully, then she turned her focus to the shadow beast, who seemed to be running at Calrex, WATCH OUT! It was to late, as the shadow beast latched onto Calrex, and shook him, he tossed Calrex a little ways, and let out a loud harsh growl. Youno narrowed her eyes, and readied her sword, to attack, the beast would be on her next, and he did an awful amout of dmg, Calrex, we need to kill the beast, he ignored hate, and will attack me next, he has a base dmg of 10, so I can only take 3 hits from him. Focus on the Beast, instead of the rats!

Youno attacked Raole rat, for 6 dmg. 

Rat #1 Dead

Shadow Beast attacked Calrex for 12 dmg

Calrex has +7 mitigation

Calrex takes 5 dmg from beast.

HP List

Calrex: 74/87 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:

Devil Raole Rat 1: 0/50 Dead

Shadow Beast: 69/70 (Hate: C 0 / H 0)

ID: 21318-21320

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice 1: 2

Mob Dice 2: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 3: (Accidental Extra Roll)

As Hasai eliminated the first rat Calrex gave a small sigh of relief, "Nice that one do...gah!"

Before he could finish his thought suddenly he felt himself being hurled, looking to see the beast that Hasai was originally fighting looking at him as if it had completed an attack. Quickly righting himself he landed on his feet as he slid a few paces before using his <<Sprint>> skill to quickly close the distance as he slashed across the beast, flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. At the same time the second rat had leapt at Hasai, but flew far clear of the mark as it landed in the snow once again.

As if riding on the critical hit the beast had landed on him the third rat leapt at Calrex and managed to get a bite on his arm before he threw it off of him. Calrex made note of the poison icon returning to the side of his HP bar, giving sigh, "Alright, that's going to take 6 health away in total over a few seconds. I could try and use my Meditation skill, but that would waste time right now."

"Alright Hasai let's keep up the pressure on the beast. Let's see if this thing ignores Hate after all."

HP List

Calrex: 73/87 (+7 Mitigation) (Poison 3/3 Turns Left)

Enemies:

Shadow Beast: 60/70 (Hate: C 1 / H 0)

ID: 21328

BD: 3

MD: 4

Youno readied her rapier, and attempted Angel's Protection, but it failed, and she flew above the beast. The beast watched her, and ignored Calrex, it ran for Youno, and Youno got knocked in the snow, she looked at her health bar, she had taken no damage, it must have missed, but the wind knocked her backwards? She was curious on the beast now, and wondered if this powerful thing could have been tamed, and if there were more of them, however she looked up, and checked on the owl, making sure it was okay, she turned back. The owl had been watching her intensely. She frowned, as the beast turned towards Calrex.

HP List

Calrex: 73/87 (+7 Mitigation) (Poison 3/3 Turns Left)

Enemies:

Shadow Beast: 60/70 (Hate: C 1 / H 0)

ID: 21332-21333

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 2 (Disregarded due to Howl)

Mob Dice 1: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Mob Dice 2: 7 (Evasion +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex gave a sigh as he watched the creature continue to go after Hasai, flicking the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, raising it high over his head, "If that creature ignores Hate, let's see if it'll ignore this."

The aura chains formed around his arms and legs as he prepared his <<Howl>> skill, the chains spinning like crazy around his limbs as he raised his sword high above him. A split second after he stabbed the sword into the ground, the resounding noise combined with the chains exploding from hsi body to produce a powerful sonic-boom that rang throughout the glade. The two rats, which were originally dividing their attacks between Calrex and Hasai fully focused their attention on him as Calrex retrieved his sword, "Alright, let's see if that got their attention."

As if on cue the rats leapt at him, but successfully getting a scratch before they were knocked back by Calrex's Thorns ability activating on both of them, pelting both with chain shards as he gave a calming breath, "Alright, you're up Hasai."

HP List

Calrex: 69/87 (+7 Mitigation) (Poison 2/3 Turns Left)

Enemies:

Devil Raole Rat 2: 49/50 (Hate: C 3 / H 0)

Devil Raole Rat 3: 47/50 (Hate: C 3 / H 0)

Shadow Beast: 60/70 (Hate: C 4 / H 0)

ID: 21346

BD: 4

MD: 3

Youno spoke, It's attention is on you.... She let out a small sigh of relief, before launching herself at the shadow beast. She missed, as the shadow beast decided to, at the same time, leap at Calrex. It leaped to the side, and missed its target. It then turned around, to focus back on Youno, its tail lashing out in hate. U-uhhh... I don't think it is working......... She felt terrified, but knew she had to find her power within, and kill the beast.

(Might have to wait until Post 60 owo, unless you think of a grand idea xD to get her to do the owl.)

OOC: Yeah, that's looking to be the case XD, since there's no way to break combat unless we both teleport out of there with crystals. Maybe once we finish this fight we'll just refrain from other encounters for now until we get it XP.

IC:

ID: 21332-21333

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +1) = 5

Mob Dice 1: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice 2: 9 (Evasion +1) = 8 (+1 Damage)

As the beast missed him again Calrex quickly turned and did a quick flick of his sword to try and cut the creature as it passed by him. "That Hate ignoring trick is new to the game. I thought the Hate system was fairly absolute within SAO, so the fact that this creature is able to bypass that seems very odd. In any case I need to take it out as fast a possible."

While he tried to plan his next attack he felt something bite on each of his arms. In his effort to prepare an attack it seemed the rats took the opportunity to both take a quick bite of him before he shook both arms to knock them off, "Shoot, well then it seems the Poison is going to persist for now."

"Let's keep focusing on the beast Hasai. I'm able to keep the rat's attention for now, but if this thing is oddly ignoring the Hate mechanic we need to remove it as fast as possible."

HP List

Calrex: 65/87 (+7 Mitigation) (Poison 3/3 Turns Left)

Enemies:

Devil Raole Rat 2: 49/50 (Hate: C 3 / H 0)

Devil Raole Rat 3: 47/50 (Hate: C 3 / H 0)

Shadow Beast: 60/70 (Hate: C 4 / H 0)