[PP-F1] That's Odd(Jomei & Kiru)

Kyaba Ishyama stood there, fighting a ten foot dog that had full life with his littlle sliver of current HP. But Kyaba would not die like this. He landed and inflicted what should have been millions of damage points onto the monster, but in the end, all of it was not enough. The dog nearly crushed Kyaba under his feet. The display screen showed the you're dead, and then........

Kyaba sprung to his feet and out of the bed. He walked over to the window, still not sure what he was doing here. After looking out the window, Kyaba knew he was in the Town of Beginnings, the first ton in the whole game. But there was something strange........Kyaba remembered some of yesterday's events but it all becomes unclear at a certain time. It all begins with the Game Master's speech to all of the players. But then he should have been happy about that. Kyaba didn't ever have to see his family again, the family that abused him and hated him. 

But the more Kyaba thought, the more he realized he passed out an someone had taken him to this hotel. But why did he pass out if he was happy to hear that he was stuck in here forever? Kyaba walked outside for some fresh air.

The streets of The Town of Beginnings were bustling with activity today. There were players all around walking the streets of this starting city. Maybe it were because of a special event, or maybe just because of the nice weather. Jomei found himself doing something he did not have the time to do much of lately, and that was play his lute while walking around the city. Being involved in the current Fighting Season, he really did not have much time to relax and had to focus on training to do so. Since the first match had ended, he was able to take a short break to relax. 

Walking through the streets of the town, he was greeted by different players from time to time, some wishing him luck in the fights, others interested in his music. Either way, it seemed he was beginning to make a name for himself, which made him happy. He continued to walk through the streets with a smile on his face, humming along to an Irish tune that matched the notes he played out on his instrument. As he walked past an inn, the door opened to reveal a man, who looked like he just woke up from a restless sleep. Jomei stopped in front of the man, "You alright lad? Look like you had a hell of a night," ending his sentence with a chuckle.

The player looked like he had some level on him, but hadn't yesterday been the start of the game? "Hey what is today?" Kyaba asked and then took a peak at his HUD screen. Holy Crap! Kyaba thought to himself. But the game started....... So long ago....... .Have I really been passed out that whole time? "Holy crap, man. I woke up thinking yesterday was the day the game started, I must have been passed out............. And for some while at that." Kayaba was still only on level one, and his dream of finding cool items and awesome beasts on the front-lines kinda slid past his mind. "May...... May I ask what floor...... We are on?????" 

Jomei stood silent for a moment, raising one eyebrow. Was he really.. asleep this whole time..? For a month? Or was it more than that.. Jomei honestly wasn't sure himself anymore, he never actually bothered to look at the date himself. He quickly opened his HUD and looked at what day it was. June 24, 2023. {Heh... didnt even realize it.. Guess I'm 23 now..} He let out a heavy sigh. Despite how long they were in here.. how could this guy be asleep for THAT long... "..F-Floor One" he scratched at the back of his head, still feeling slightly confused about what was going on.

Holy Crap................What happened to me? Kyaba thought to himself, then unsheathed his one-handed long sword and stated, "Then we should get going.....I have......A lot of leveling and catching up to do, mate!" Then Kyaba began to walk in the other direction, in a rather fast fashion, towards the gates the exited the town. Then he turned around to the other player. "By the way, my name is Kyaba Ishyama, don't wear it out!" Kyaba had never said anything like that except maybe once or twice to his uncle. And it felt good, saying things like that.

Jomei's eyes widened and he stepped back a bit when the kid drew his sword and holding it up. The kid mentioned that the two of them had a lot of work to do and should get going before wandering off towards the outskirts of town. "...w-we?" Jomei was confused, he scratched at the back of his head. Well, he couldn't say no.. helping out lower level players whenever he could was his moral code after all. This kid just... he seemed like something else. He let out a heavy sigh. "Guess I have no choice" he shrugged and began to follow the guy. "Kayaba huh. Im Jomei."

The Town of Beginnings was probably one of my least favorite places in Aincrad. Due to it's overcrowded walkways and daily events I could never navigate easily through the crowds of people. I gave a heavily annoyed sigh and stepped out of the Inn I was visiting. I didn't sleep at the Inns, they were a waste of money. I was there on business. Apparently someone saw his friend get murdered by a player killer. Of course the person explaining the incident was afraid and could barely speak but in the end I got enough information out of him. After meeting with the player I could assume that the attacker was like all the others, the hung outside the safezone, waited for low levels to come by, then attacked them without warning. It was cowardly to do so, and that irritated me. There was no pride in killing someone by using sneak attacks. Duels were much better suited for things like that. Unfortunately though, most people didn't realize that. But that's where I came in. My task for today was to look for a player dressed in starter gear, black hair, and a mysterious sword on his back. From what I gathered I could tell that the weak gear was a hoax in case he wanted to lead the player off before killing them. 

After I was outside I headed towards the exit, ready to start this right away. However, just before I reached the gate I turned around to check my back. I always did this for certain reasons. To stay safe mostly but to check the Inn I was just at because sometimes the people I met with would leave the location, endangering themselves. Suddenly, I felt something bump into me. 

Kyaba kept walking, turned back looking at Jomei, until his back hit the other player's back. Immediately, Kyaba switch-footed, assumed the object he had ran into was a player, then  quickly was in front of the player, with his sword sticking out at her. At her. As soon as Kyaba realized the player was a girl he sheathed his sword once again. "Where you heading?" Kyaba asked. He had her right where she wanted the higher level player. "I don't suppose you might........You know, join us in our adventure? I'm sorry about that whole pointing a sword at you, You always got to be careful, it could've have been  a player killer." Then Kyaba thought to himself, Your in a freaking safe zone. Stop being such a freaking baby, Kyaba. "My name is Kyaba, Kyaba Ishyama. And this here-if you haven't already met him- is my friend, Jomei."

(Didn't mean to make Kyaba so arrogant and bashful in this post, sorry! XD)

Jomei's couldn't help but chortle when Kayaba bumped into another player. This kid was pretty entertaining, he had to admit. He wondered how the girl was going to respond. When Kayaba turned to her, he jumped back and pointed his sword at her. Jomei's eyes widened and he grit his teeth when he did this. {Jeez kid, you're gonna get yourself killed} taking a step forward, preparing himself in case the girl decided to teach Kayaba a lesson in pointing swords at other people. But before he had to do anything, he was already putting his sword away. Jomei relaxed his body and let out a sigh of relief. The girl turned around and looked down at Kayaba with a face of confusion. Jomei tilted his head, he had never seen this girl before in his life.. judging by her gear, she must have been a high level.. higher than himself at least. He walked up to the two, his hands in his pockets. 

I'm sorry about that whole pointing a sword at you, You always got to be careful, it could've have been  a player killer." 

Jomei sighed and placed his hand on Kayaba's shoulder "Oy oy, even if it was a player killer.. the last thing you want to do is point your sword at them.. gives them all the more reason to kill you." Jomei looked up to the girl and gave her a sheepish, apologetic grin. 

Upon the impact of another player I pulled out my dagger and pointed it dead at him, glaring with icy eyes. With my dagger pointed at him I looked down to see that he had his sword pointed at me. I raised an eyebrow, as if I were to be warning him. After realization in him set in, he dropped his stance and sheathed his sword. The annoying thing was, it didn't stop there. This kind continued to talk, much like Carmine. He asking me where I was heading and if I'd join him, and then eventually saying that I could have been a Player Killer. This of course got on my nerves, triggering me a little. I cracked my knuckles casually and glared at him again. "Yeah because if I were a Player Killer I would be in a town right now, and totally wouldn't have killed you by now. Idiot...PKs don't have access to towns and you can't physically hurt someone in a town, aka safezone." I said sarcastically, putting my weapon away and looking to my right at his friend, Jomei. Upon fully looking at him, I remember seeing him somewhere. I couldn't remember where so I just gave it up and focused on the annoying on, Kyaba. "You see, you should listen to your friend here, he's smart. Don't point weapons at people, they're dangerous~My tone turned even more fake at the end to show how much I didn't really want to be talking with him right now. "N. O. I wouldn't like to babysit you two on your little killing spree. You'd probably have to drag me along for me to come. And if you lay a finger on me I'll kill you. So, I am not coming with you." I turned away from the two and began walking in the other direction, towards the exit. 

Well, guess I ruined that one. Kyaba turned back to Jomei. "Sorry about ruining our chances of getting another player in our party, man, seriously." Kyaba continued walking towards the exit of town, hoping Jomei would follow. Kyaba turned left, and right. He saw many high levelled heavily armored players around him, making Kyaba wish so much more he never slept the rest after the game. "So, Jomei, got a girlfriend? You look decent enough to have one!" Kyaba had never really talked to other guys and did not know how to start a conversation between the two of them.

Jomei crossed his arms and nodded as this girl agreed with Jomei's feelings. He could tell from the girls tone that Kayaba had gotten on her nerves for such a simple thing. He felt bad for this kid in this situation, but at the same time could feel why the girl was annoyed. There had been many times he bumped into someone while not paying attention accidentally, sometimes making a new friend out of it.. other times almost being punched in the face. And Jomei bumped into people a lot. His brow furrowed when she thought that joining the two would be considered, 'babysitting.' Jomei felt his blood boil a bit.. did he really look like a noob? {Stay cool Jomei...} He let out a sigh, releasing the little bit of anger that had roused up inside of him. Jomei lifted his arms and shrugged his shoulders, "Thats too bad, sorry a couple newbies like us cannot obtain the support from an all powerful player like yourself."  His tone was very sarcastic and teasing towards the higher level girl. "Lets go, Kayaba."

As the two walked away from the girl, Kayaba apologized for not being able to get the girl to join their little group. "What? Don't be sorry lad. Its not like we needed her, we are on the first floor.." he laughed "When it comes to mobs here, even I shouldn't be bothering to fight them." He still felt a little fired up from the girl's comments, so his mindset of feeling bothered by Kayaba was gone and he was completely willing with helping him out now. He noticed as they walked, Kayaba was looking at all of the higher level players in amazement at their gear and power. Then, after a small walk of silence, Kayaba caught Jomei off guard with asking about having a girlfriend. Thats when Jomei lost his cool composure and began to stammer, "W-what? A girlfriend?... Well.." Jomei scratched at the back of his head and sighed, "No lad, I do not" he sounded sad. No, Jomei did not have a girlfriend. He had been more than unlucky in that field lately. The two girls that he had originally cared about disappeared.. one after another. He was almost scared to get close to another girl, but he had his hopes. Jomei did not ask Kayaba the same question, being he was apparently 'asleep' this whole time.. but to humor the guy, he gave him a look of wonder.