Couple of thoughts about weapon skills

So, as things are right now, all the weapons do pretty much the same thing with their skills. I was thinking, what if we changed them up a bit to make them diverse, but balanced. For instance:

Two handed weapons could deal more damage, but one handed weapons could be swung and potentially strike more times a turn. That way, say, someone with a 2H sword could deal twice the damage on hit, BUT, someone with a 1H sword could hit twice and do the same amount of damage.

And, as you progress in your skill tree (to make it more gratifying), you could gain different skills.

I was thinking like, increasing the number of attacks, or the ability to hit more than one enemy (at a reduced amount of damage, of course).

We can expound more on this once people start giving some positive or negative feedback.

I had a similar idea to this which you can see a few posts below in support which gives each weapon individuality :)

The whole thing that 2H needs a buff because they can't use shields though always sat strangely on me. If someone intentionally makes a character without a shield, then its counterproductive to their build to put in a shield half way through and thus making 2H better than 1H without shield.

I do have a thing in my idea though where using a shield does some nerfing to the stats :)

As for more hits etc. I think that's something for sword arts when eventually in the future sword arts are given to every weapon :)

Well, it's not so much that I'm interested in extra defense with a 2h, given that's a counterintuitive path. 2h weapons are meant to deal more damage but leave the wielder a bit less defended than someone with a proper shield. Granted their weapon can be used for parrying, but a Barbarian who goes on the defensive is a Barbarian who doesn't last long, if we go by D&D standards.

I just feel like the weapons should have their own personalities, so to speak. They all deal the same damage. That means the skills are entirely cosmetic. That's goofy to me. You can have all the defense in the world, but you'll never hit as hard as the designated DPS in your raid group.

My best idea would be to increase the maximum rank of two handed weapon skills, or maybe a similar sub-skill that has the same bonuses per rank. The benefit of using one handed weapons is that you can use a shield alongside them, but you need the block skill to do that, so at the highest ranks you end up spending 60 points in total (30 in the weapon skill and 30 in block). You could maybe do something similar with two handed weapons where the rank just keeps going up and you get a steady bonus from it, but they have to put forth the same amount of effort as other weapons to level the playing field.

Smaller weapons like daggers could also be given the opportunity to deal their damage twice if they rolled a certain number on a die. So say you roll something like an 8 or above on like the crafting dice or something, then you could deal twice the damage. Maybe at high ranks the die roll could go down or somethin, iunno. just my thoughts.