The town of flora was a beautiful one. Well, less so much of a town and more of a permanent camping residence, but still, the atmosphere was unrivalled. Beautiful elven NPC's floated gracefully through the tent flaps flowing in the evening breeze, flowers of every different colour of the imagination danced in the long swaying grass. A young brunette girl had settled quietly in  the centre of the elven village, long hair blowing in the breeze. Her stormy green eyes were fixed on something far out in the distance, far beyond the reaches of the sun streaked setting sky, clearly thinking over something interesting. Her lips were pursed in a tight frown. After a few quiet moments, Thorrissia rose slowly from her crouch and headed soundlessly through the long grass and out into the monster fields with her sword drawn, ready to take on whatever was out there. She needed col in order to buy a new weapon, so col was what she'd get. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished killing off another boar easily with my swift wind rapier and looked around for more prey when I saw a girl walking through the grass quietly with a sword drawn. Probably another grinder... There were a lot of weaker players currently and she was one of them. I decide to approach her and introduce myself but when I came close, I noticed the peculiar spiky hair that I noticed about a week ago in someone else... Thorrissia! I jumped in recognition and ran towards her to say hi and ask what she was doing in the midst of the day. I approached her from the front so that she would not get scared and said, "Hey Thorrissia, what are you doing out here in such a hot day." I asked as I stopped in front of her.

"Oh hey Golden. Wasn't expecting to find you out here." Thorry exclaimed in surprise, skidding to a sudden halt as a familiar brown haired boy popped suddenly out of nowhere. After recovering from the initial shock of seeing him hunting around on the same floor as her, the girl shrugged in response to his question and pulled a face. "​Well, I was going to go hunt down some Dire Wolves but it was too hot earlier so I've had to wait until sun set to even go and face off against those mangy things. I've been planning on going grinding to increase my level a bit. Want to work up enough col to buy a decent weapon off Oikawa." She told him, sort of glad to see he was alright after their encounter with Zelrius. "Want to join me?" Thorry suggested. It would be good to have a partner. 

Eh. Why not... it's not like I have anything better to do. I thought and decided to join her for her evening hunting. I'm best while fighting in the midst of night. I looked around and noticed that the sun was already setting. I looked at Thorrissia and told her to lead the way. "Let's get started. I'm ready when you are." I pull out my 'Swift Wind' special rapier that I have been wanting to try out ever since I got it. I looked at the glare and prepared to chop down any mobs that we were about to face with it.

"Awesome let's get started." The girl shrugged, striding purposefully out into the battle field. She sent a quick party invite to Golden and began to hunt around visually for the sight of any monsters. On the horizon she spotted a solitary Dire Wolf, stalking hungrily through the grass lands. "Excellent I see one. Let's go kick some tail." She stated aggressively, moving towards the creature. When it spotted them, the beast growled hatefully and began to slink quietly towards them. "I used to love wolves before I joined this game. Now? Not so much." Thorry told Golden as they followed the collision path with the fuzzy terror. 

ID: 22098

BD: 8

MD: 8

The brown haired girl wasted no time in waiting for the monster to attack first. She sprinted towards the creature with gusto, slashing her blade across it's muzzle. Unfortunately the closed distance between them both meant that the girl had no time to evade the monster's attack. The wolf was faster than any other she'd ever faced before! What was going on? A mutant wolf. "Hey, watch out. It's faster than the other's!" Thorry called to Golden as the beast made a beeline for her combat companion. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 15/17]

Dire Wolf [HP:: 21/22] 

It has to have half our combined HP to drop loot right? This is one hella strong wolf c:

[Well, it only had to be half the health of the strongest player in the party rounded up so technically the wolf has only 14 health but 22 is fine also.]

ID: 22127

BD: 8 SUCCESS

This was quite a strong and fast wolf that we've encountered. I got to be cautious of its attacks and attempt not to be hit by its speed and counter. This means I gotta make every chance count. I raise my rapier and prepare for the sprint attack when the wolf was concentrated on Thorrissia. Having been practicing with this new weapon of mine, I used it effectively and clinically so that I could deal damage and land the hit. I went up and the orange light went through the body of the wolf showing me that I've hit the target. The wolf moaned as it was hit from pain. There we go... That had got to have done lots of damage right there! I thought as I remembered that Thorrissia was in the battle as well. "Switch now Thorrissia! Deal some damage to this bad boy!" I yelled as I backed up from the scene and grinned.

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Thorrissia (15/17)

Dire Wolf (17/22)

ID: 22149

BD: 10 [+2 DMG]

Ugh I knew something wasn't right XD Oh well. They can fight one hella bad ass wolf. 

Thorrissia returned Golden's grin as he retreated from the super wolf and sprinted quickly towards the angry looking Dire Wolf, slashing her blade savagely across it's vulnerable muzzle. The monster leaped back in shock, and growled furiously. "Consider the damage dealt!" Thorry called out to her battle partner with a smirk, but as she turned around the wolf took advantage of her lack of concentration and sliced a claw across her chest. The girl stumbled backwards in surprise and studied the nasty jagged orange line the wolf had imprinted there. "Damn." She cursed irritably at her lack of focus, retreating backwards for the brown haired boy to take another shot at the monster. "Switch!" The brunette called out, darting quickly away from the monster to give Golden a shot at it.

Goldenarroz [HP:: 27/27]

Thorrissia [HP:: 13/17]

Dire Wolf [14/22] 

ID: 22152

BD: 7 SUCCESS

When the wolf successfully landed a hit on Thorrissia, I charged before she could even say switch. By the time that she said switch, I was already on top of the wolf with my sword above my head, ready to bring it down. I grinned before bringing it down and the orange coloring of my blade ran right through vertically of the wolf's body. "Ugh... I'd hate to be it..." I said will making a painful face before jumping down and putting the blade in my rapier container. "Alright Thorrissia... Time for you to do even more damage this time." I said, hoping for her not to be damaged by the wolf again. I got ready for my next attack while watching Thorrissia's moves. "Switch!" I finally called out after studying how the wolf was trying to recover from my attack. It seems very slow in getting up... I could use that as an advantage...

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Thorrissia (13/17)

Dire Wolf (10/22)

ID: 22154

MD: 2 [lol fail]

Thorrissia looked on as Golden tackled the beast with his orange rapier flashing in the evening sun. "​Nope, I would not want to be facing off against you." The girl laughed in agreement as the wolf took a hit from Golden. He was a pretty decent combatant, or at least in comparison to the Dire Wolf anyway. She'd never seen him fight really high level monsters. Then again, she herself could be worse at battling wolves and was awful against higher level ones so who knew what his actual capabilities were. Thorry made a mental note to ask Golden what level he was after they ripped this thing to shreds. It would be nice to know how much she needed to catch up to be on par with him. 

The brunette wasted no time as her partner called in switch, striking her sword in a vicious line across the wolf's back. As the creature attempted to snap angrily at her ankles, she managed to dodge the attack quite successfully. "Switch!" Thorry called out, moving back from the rather stunned target. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 13/17]

Dire Wolf [9/22] 

ID: 22156

BD: 8 SUCCESS

This is excellent, we are landing hits after hits, but the hits that Thorrissia have been making isn't as effective. She needs better gear! I realized and decided that I would inform her about a place where she could buy some powerful weapons with Col or Mats. It's not advertising when it's not for myself! I thought as I charged into battle after Thorrissia managed to land her hit. I didn't raise my sword. Instead, I kept it down by my side as I ran to confuse the wolf. Suddenly, when I was in close combat range, I brought the sword up, slicing the body of the wolf vertically and sending the wolf flying toward Thorrissia so she could get the next hit in quick while the wolf was unconscious and down for a while. "Wow... that move was sick." I said to myself in my own arrogance and confidence and laughed before becoming serious again and waiting for Thorrissia to make the killer attack.

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Thorrissia (13/17)

Dire Wolf (5/22)

ID: 22158

Thorrissia agreed with Golden on that one. He sent the wolf completely flying and knocked it unconscious. "Remind me never to make you mad!" She joked, quickly taking the opening that he'd given her. Thorry drove her blade into the body of the unconscious wolf that had landed at her feet. Unfortunately this seemed to kick start the animal back into action and the monster jutted it's back legs outward, slicing her with its claws and knocking the girl right off her feet and onto her butt. "Umph!" She was a little winded, but not unable to move. The brunette quickly scrambled to her feet and moved backwards to let Golden take a swing at it. "I think I'm going to take the phrase 'let sleeping dogs lie' a little more seriously next time." She groaned, rubbing the tingly spot in her stomach where the monster had kicked her. Even if it didn't hurt, pins and needles wasn't too fun either. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 11/17]

Dire Wolf [4/22] 

ID: 22162

BD: 3 FAILURE

Having been hitting the target all day long, I was sure this one was going to finish it off. I pulled out my sword and realized that if this was a hit, the battle would be over and he would've gotten loot for the last hit. He was determined to finish off the wolf but was unsuccessful when he charged straight at the wolf resulting in an easy dodge from the wolf. The wolf was however, concentrated on Thorrissia and didn't bother making a counter effort. I cursed in frustration at my own carelessness and swore that I would land my next hit to end the battle there. I backed off hoping that Thorrissia wouldn't be damaged too bad by the wolf's next attack. "Darn... Didn't hit that one. Switch now!" I screamed hoping that Thorrissia would make this one count and deal some more damage.

Goldenarroz (27/27) [+1 DMG]

Thorrissia (11/17)

Dire Wolf (4/22)

Grinding at this point in this game seemed highly unnecessary at this stage in the game, especially since the monsters and creatures that roamed the rolling green plains of floor one were too weak to give much EXP to raven-haired girl. Nevertheless, fighting a few didn't seem all that bad in general at all for someone of her status. Kotori was weak and although level fourteen seemed like an okay level to be at, it wasn't especially with the recent news of floor eleven being reached and then on top of that the floor twelve boss being found already. No, she had to become stronger if it was the last thing she did. It seemed to her however that a few others players were most likely thinking the same thing already.

It was a simple two player fighter against a lone dire wolf, a common mob that was found being slaughtered for its plentiful loot. It seemed the girl was having a bit of trouble, considering that her hits did one damage at a time, a time the ever so watchful player remembered being at. She seemed to have no weapon to call her own and seemed to have no skills to up her game. She needed a bit help if Kotori was going to have say in things. The boy seemed familiar but the point was he was having a ballgame with the wolf, his damages severely injuring it in the battle. She decided to wait till the battle was over to interfere, watching the most recent attack fail under all circumstances.

ID: 22163

BD: 5

MD: 1

It seemed that losses were going to be a consistent theme for the two of them now. Thorrissia's slice at the wolf missed by a hair's length, although it seemed to unbalance the monster enough that it's next attack was way out. The wolf attempted to topple the girl over but it's lack of coordination meant that Thorry managed to rather easily jump out of the way and the wolf ended up smooshing its own nose into the dirt. "​Damn, I almost hit it. Golden, switch in! See if you can end him!" She shouted across the battlefield, moving swiftly out of his way. In the distance another player seemed to be watching, although the brunette couldn't make out who it was from this far away if they were familiar with her.

Thorrissia [HP:: 11/17]

Dire Wolf [4/22] 

ID: 22164

BD: 2 CRITCAL FAILURE

Having just had another miss, I charged up at the wolf hoping to finally end its life but my attempt was unsuccessful when I saw a figure in the corner of my eye. Someone is watching us... I realized as I continued charging. She looks familiar but... from where? Having been distracted, I didn't realize that I was already very close to the wolf, I panicked when I saw the wolf staring right at me and attempted to bring my rapier down into the body of the wolf and the attack was easily dodged. I cursed and jumped back to prevent any kind of retaliation from the wolf so I could keep my health high and hopefully finally end the battle next time. I called out, "Switch!" and when Thorrissia took my spot, I backed up and turned toward the place where I saw the figure. There was a character standing there... a she. I decided that I'll just let her watch from the distance and continue to concentrate on my target for my next attack. Still... I've got an eerie feeling that I've seen her somewhere before... 

Goldenarroz (27/27) [+1 DMG]

Thorrissia (11/17)

Wolf (4/22)

ID: 22165

BD: 3

The dice hates us.

Golden's attack went completely awry when he was distracted by the new person and missed his blow upon the wold. The battle wasn't going as well as it had been earlier. Maybe it was the sensation of having an unfamiliar stranger observe them, or maybe just because the wolf was getting faster or something, but when Thorrissia went in to hit a strike at the wolf, it completely missed and the animal ended up swiping it's paw right across her now vulnerable face. "Ack!" She called out in surprise, jumping backwards from the shock, away from the beast. "Switch!" The girl called to Golden, moving out of the way so he could charge the Dire Wolf, feeling ever so slightly embarrassed at her sudden lack of coordination. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 9/17]
Dire Wolf [4/22] 

[ik right... :D]

ID: 22166

BD: 5

Once again, I sighed as we couldn't get another hit off. I charged at the wolf and it turned suddenly just as I was bringing my rapier down to dodge the move. It jumped around and finally landed before staring at Thorrissia again. I've had another opportunity wasted... I thought as I hoped that Thorrissia could land her next hit. I sighed and turned back before inserting my blade back into the container. I looked at the wolf, studying its movements in hope that I could figure out a dodging pattern in hopes to deliver it to its pixel death with my rapier blade. I looked at Thorrissia while she was preparing her next attack and told myself to focus and not to screw the next attack up again. Maybe I'm failing because the wolf has changed its ways of combat. If it had, I need to change my attacking rhythm for my next attack...

[Once again, unlucky freaking roll, 1 result from 6 to kill the freaking wolf. Gesus]

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Thorrissia (9/17)

Dire Wolf (4/22)

NUUUUU DICE. STOP BEING EVIL. SHTOP. I don't wanna die *cries* 

ID: 22167

BD: 4

MD: 10 [+2 DMG]

Thorry was starting to get ever so slightly frustrated now. Apparently after being stabbed one too many time, the wolf was now ever so slightly hacked off and was going to every best effort to stop them from destroying it. Despite having a decently aimed strike at the beast, it ducked nimbly beneath her blade and grabbed hold of Thorrissia's ankle, dragging her to the ground and furiously began to savage her. "Agh! Not good! Very not good! Golden, now would be good!" The brunette called out in alarm as she managed to kick the monster off of her and scramble for her sword. Her HP was dropping dangerously low now. A couple more well placed snaps could finish her off if they didn't manage to cut this creature up pretty soon. 

Thorrissia [HP:: 5/17]
Dire Wolf [4/22] 

It seemed that the girl would need to step in, her appearance might have distracted the two players in their fight against the dire wolf which would in turn put their lives in danger. They wouldn't get any rewards considering that her level was too high to get any from the mob, but that wasn't important at all. What was important was that they didn't die from the attacks of the mob and Kotori found her dagger in her hand before she knew it. Grabbing her dagger, the player dashed in from her location in the hills and went in for the attack.

Instead of her typical dash and slash maneuver she loved to utilize in certain situations, Kotori was going in with a smart maneuver. Making eye contact with the animal, she focused on the locked on wolf to make sure it didn't decide to do something drastic. In an instant she dashed to decide before stabbing at the side of the monster and making a deep red gash in the side of the wolf. It gave its last death call before falling on the floor in a explosion of pixels. What was more a surprise was the fact that loot was actually left behind in place of the boar, something she counted on not happening. Instead of taking it for herself, she gave it to the girl who seemed a bit angry over her killing the boar for them. "Sorry, but I rather not have someone die in this way even if it was unlikely to happen."

ID: 22169

BD: 6 [5 DMG]

Thorrissia [HP:: 5/17]
Kotori [HP:: 31/31]
Dire Wolf [-1/22 = DEAD] {-5DMG} (+1 MAT)

I was preparing myself for my next attack when suddenly the girl who was watching charged in behind me to steal the kill. How rude!? I thought as she stabbed the wolf while it was surprised that it had one more enemy. I sighed in frustration having missed out gaining a material and inserted my rapier into my container before approaching the stranger. "Why'd you done that?" I said in a frustrated tone. "If you would've done calculation, the wolf couldn't have killed Thorrissia in one hit! The most damage it could do was 4 and Thorrissia had 5 health left, giving me one more attack before Thorrissia had another attack. Plus, I had a potion to ensure the safety of Thorrissia before you butted into the battle and stole our loot from us! I was pretty close to finding the wolf's attack rhythm as well..." I stared at the eyes of the female that just took the loot of the wolf away from us.