Wait, wouldn't we still get loot because the Wolf's HP was more than half of Kotori's?

"Yeah, I'm focussed I just thi-" Before the girl could finish her sentence, the monster burst into a shower of blue and disintegrated into nothingness. The bewildered teen was left staring very confused at an empty space. Golden was considerably further away than was possible to make the attack so... Thorry slowly turned her head and came face to face with a dark haired girl. The one that she'd seen earlier to be precise. Her feature's turned from confusion to anger as what had happened sunk in. "Hey. Why'd you do that? We could have handled that!" She pointed out irritably, clambering out of the dirt and snatching her weapon from the ground. Clearly they weren't going to get anything out of the dead wolf now. All that effort had been for nothing! Now they were going to have to go hunting goodness knows where to go and find another monster to battle. Thorry really really needed col right now, and the fact that they'd just wasted so much time to have the monster they were fighting destroyed by somebody else made her extremely annoyed, no matter how good the player's intentions had been. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kotori just felt her heart sink more and more as the duo seemed to be furious and yell at her for killing the wolf that seemed to threaten the girl's life. She had only wanted to help the best that she could, she never meant to enrage them or stop them from receiving the loot that they deserved so badly. A melancholy frown appeared on her face and she resigned to the fact that she had made a big mistake over. She really shouldn't have jumped in when they did, she had worried too much when she should have noticed that they really did have it under control.

Looking at the girl, she opened her mouth to speak. "I honestly didn't want anyone to die, I just saw your health go low and then it just happened. I saw the two of you were working so hard although I feared that you might end up dying.. You deserve this anyway so here you go.." Opening her menu, the solemn player sent 400 col each to the two players before closing it and continuing to talk. "I know its not much but since I interrupted your grinding session and got you next to no loot at all, here you go. 400 col each so that you could do whatever you want." Kotori finished before looking at the ground with a glum look on her face and slightly kicking the rocks underneath with a little swing of her foot.

(-800 Col)

A huge surge of guilt hit Thorrissia as she saw the dark haired girl's downcast expression as she began to kick awkwardly at a couple of rocks, clearly feeling very down in the dumps now. She really had just wanted to help them. Thorry felt pretty bad for yelling at her. The brunette cautiously took a couple of steps towards the other player, finding it difficult to meet her eye. "Hey, I, um..." She began hesitantly with an apologetic tone, not really too sure what to say. Thorry knew that she should really be apologising to the girl, but somehow the words didn't seem to want to leave her lips and she ended up just muttering, "Thanks. I'm just... sort of used to other players trying to get a shot in once we've done all the work that's all." Before turning away again. It wasn't exactly a sorry, but it was the closest thing to an apology that she was able to give. For some reason she found it extremely difficult in admitting that she could make mistakes. Habits of fighting with little siblings all the time probably.

"If you want, you could join us? We've only just started out really." Thorry suggested hesitantly, not sure if the player would actually want to join them after being so rudely affronted. Besides, she had helped them out. I only need 1,100 col now until I can get hold of the weapon I need. She thought quietly, waiting for the girl's response. 

I suddenly felt a purge of guilt. I thought about how fierce I was when I yelled at her. I scratched my hair in shame and grinned. "Sorry 'bout that. Wanna join us? By the way my name is Goldenarroz, call me Golden for short" I raise my hand for the girl to shake. "How rude of me... what is your name?" I asked politely after clearing my throat so that I could have a manly voice. I recieved the 400 col even though I didn't think I deserved the generous offer after having been yelling at her for a while. I blushed and hoped that she would forgive me for my rudeness that I should never have exposed. Oh well... I'll take the col anyway. I really need them right now...

+400 Col

Inventory:

400X Col

It seemed the two were regretful and sorry for lashing out at her even though she had done wrong in trying to take matters in her own hand, an action Kotori truly did regret attempting. Nevertheless, there was nothing she could since the action was done and she had already re-payed them the loot that was rightfully theirs. Instead of moping about however like a depressed ragdoll, the girl decided to take up the offer and instead join the two in their journey to fight multiple mobs in order to level up fully. "Urm.. Sure, I'd love to join. You don't have to apologize, I should have left the wolf to the both of you. Nice to meet you both, I'm Kotori.." she was able to state. She hesitated to shake the boy's hand, instead offering a bow in her stead.

It was settled then. The three of them would go out and begin to fight in order to get loot and level maybe, the latter being the option she wanted instead of just getting loot when she was somewhat okay with the gear she possessed at the moment. She would've have gave the girl a special dagger she kept close to heart, but this player seemed to enjoy using the standard sword so it wouldn't help her out that much. "So, let's go I guess?" she protested with a slight smile on her face.

There was something uneasy about her. I noticed that she refused to take my hand... I sighed. Women are so complicated sometimes... I thought as I led the way. Maybe we can find something sick out there to find. Suddenly, I spotted two bears together trying to find berries or any food item. I looked at them and looked back to the rest of the group before pointing at them again. They seem quite vulnerable and I decide to attack them first. I will attack the older bear and hopefully deal a surprise damage.

Combat Order:

Goldenarroz (27/27)

Bear #1 (16/16)

Kotori (31/31)

Bear #2 (16/16)

Thorrissia (19/19)

[OOC Can someone else control Bear #2? I got bear 1. It will only be attacking me since I attacked it first.]

ID: 22202

BD: 2 FAILURE
MD: 8 SUCCESS

I pulled out my blade while charging at the monster. Having done so, I jumped. While bringing down my blade the bear turned around and walked a step forward to dodge my attack. I was surprised at its reaction time and how big it was. I didn't notice its size before, the bear understood what was going on and strike me with its claws. I, on the other hand, was too slow to react to the attack and failed to move before its claws were smacked into my face. I cursed before I was sent flying to the ground.

Goldenarroz (26/27) [+1 DMG]

Bear #1 (16/16)

Kotori (31/31)

Bear #2 (16/16)

Thorrissia (19/19)

Two bears were the next targets it seemed as the boy named Golden decided to engage the first one in battle and make it focus on him. Instead of doing what she did earlier and steal a "kill" and instead Kotori decided to focus on the second boar who seemed ready to fight as well. A small glint in her eye appeared and she decided to do what she did best. Stab. Giving a light sprint towards the mobile creature with the fur the color of oak, the young girl gripped her dagger tightly with a furious look on her face although it was only to intimidate which it didn't. The bear seemed to ready to attack as it roared in a rebellious voice, slightly catching her off guard but even more alert than before. Her every step touched the brown soil below, like an almost silent assassin tiptoeing to kill its target although this wasn't an assassination. It was a battle. Her arm was out-stretched and before she knew it her dagger was able to slice a large red gash into the side of the bear. The bear roared in pain before deciding to attack in revenge and swipe one of its huge paws at the player. Seeing the attack coming, Kotori tried dodging it, but it was too late. The paw smacked her to the ground with a mighty force, draining a bit of HP from her health bar. "Switch!" she yelled, looking at the girl who's name she had yet to know. "Get the bear and I'll attack it from the rear." she added in before lifting herself off the ground.

Goldenarroz (26/27) | Hate: 0

Bear #1 (16/16)

Kotori (29/31) (-2DMG) | Hate: 1

Bear #2 (11/16) (-5DMG)

Thorrissia (19/19) | Hate: 0

ID: 22210

BD: 7 (5DMG)

MD: 9 (+1 Base DMG + 1 Crit = 2 DMG)

Lowenthal was taking a lovely stroll along the plains of the third floor. The floor was always peaceful, with the wind blowing and the grass rolling alongside the wind. The grass almost looked like a sea, or the ocean. Maybe that was why Lowenthal liked it so much. It reminded him of home, in a way.  His pet Ninken followed Lowenthal as close as one could, as if he was a shadow. Fitting enough, for the Master of Shadows himself. Lowenthal chuckled. His attention was diverted down the hill a group of fighters, fending off what seemed to be a wolf. "Well Ninken, shall we?" Lowenthal asked his pug. THe pug responded with a high pitched yip, and bolted ahead. Lowenthal shrugged and followed.

As he reached the battlefield the wolf had died, and one of the men in the group was being awfully loud and rude to a girl. Was that, Kotori? It had been a long time since he had seen her, but he wouldn't forgot such a face. Just before he could get involved, bears had joined out of nowhere it seemed. Lowenthal sighed, as he joined the fray. He rushed to Kotori as she was struck prone by one of the bears massive paws. "Are you alright?" Lowenthal asked. He had forgot how young Kotori was, and she reminded him of Lowenthal's sister. Wherever she may be. Lowenthal turned his attention to the bears, and then the other fighting members. "Who're they?" Lowenthal asked, helping kotori to her feet.

ID: 22282

BD: 10 [+2 DMG]

Thorrissia was pretty glad that Kotori decided to join them. She would have felt pretty guilty if the girl had decided to leave. At least this way they would all have equal loot opportunities. It didn't take the three of them too long too find a few rogue bears snuffling around in the dirt. Hopefully the big brutes would be able to give them something worth while to destroy. Golden went straight for one of them with his rapier but the monster was considerably more powerful than any of them had expected, easily bringing her fellow grinder down. Thorrissia was about to jump in and help him, but Kotori's call of switch called her attention. She too had been smacked into the dirt by a bear's hooked paw. The huge shaggy brown monster had it's back to her, which gave her a rather attention grabbing idea so that Kotori could take it from behind without being noticed.  "Switch!" The brunette did not hesitate before dashing sword outstretched towards their prey. At last minute before impact, Thorrissia deliberately slid into the dirt to avoid it's hooked feet and used the momentum of her sprint to push her through the mud underneath the bear, raking her blade across it's tender underbelly in a perfect hit before skidding to a halt on the front side of the beast. The bear roared furiously, clearly extremely angry with the impressive stunt she'd just pulled. "Kotori, switch!" She called, panting, unaware of the new player who'd just showed up. 

Goldenarroz [HP:: 26/27]
Bear #1 [HP:: 16/16]
Kotori [HP:: 29/31]
Bear #2 [HP:: 8/16]
Thorrissia [HP:: 19/19]

ID: 22287

BD: 2 (0 DMG)

MD: 10 (3 DMG)

I looked around, seeing that I was the only one who hasn't dealt any damage to the target. I smirked and attempted one more time before the bear jumped too high for my range. I cursed when I looked up and the sun glared into my eyes, resulting in me being blind for a short period of time. During that period, the bear charged toward me and I, unable to see, was unable to defend myself or dodge the attack. The bear charged right into me with its gigantic claws, causing me to fall to the ground from pain before I decide to get up and prepare for my next attack and force myself to continue despite the pain from the sting of the bear's gigantic claws.

Goldenarroz (23/27) [+1 DMG]

Bear #1 (16/16)

Kotori (29/31)

Bear #2 (8/16)

Thorrissia (19/19)

As Kotori got herself off the ground from the bear's most recent attack, she was surprised to see the arrival of a boy she had met a while ago. He seemed to be followed by a creature that she could only assume was his familiar. "I'm f-fine, question is what are you doing here? These are just some people I'm fighting with. Now you can either join the fight or stay back." She protested before aiming at the second bear for another attack. Sprinting once again with the delicate coal-coloured hair strands flowing silently through the wind, the girl charged up her dagger for an attack at the monstrous creature. Her footsteps were almost invisible to the eye as she dashed at a speed that most people could only dream of. It was only a matter of time before contact. A sharp metal cutting through flesh sound was made as here dagger stabbed the inner stomach of the bear. The bear roared mightly before trying to attempt its previous attack, however it was too slow for the speedy player. Kotori backed up, barely missing the paw attacking her face. "Switch! Its as good as dead!" she yelled as she saw the health bar of the bear, the red silver line showing that it would be dead from just one more attack.

Goldenarroz (23/27) | Hate: 0

Bear #1 (16/16)

Kotori (29/31) | Hate: 3

Bear #2 (1/16) (-7DMG)

Thorrissia (19/19) | Hate: 2

ID: 22353

BD: 10 (5DMG + 2Crit = 7DMG)

MD: 5 

ID: 22354

BD: 9

LD: 16

​Right, I'm really unfamiliar with how loot dropping works right now. I'm assuming because Thorry and Kotori both attack the monster, the both get even col split between then right? So they both get 40 col? 

"Rightyo!" She called out to Kotori after the dark haired girl had managed to sheer a good bit of HP off of the furious bear. The brunette twirled her sword one more time for luck before going in for the kill. The monster flashed it's incoming attacker an almost forlorn look as if it knew its fate was sealed. "​Sorry about this goldy locks, but sometimes you just gotta take one for the team." The freckled teen told the bear as she raised her sword high above her head and brought it smack down between the creatures eyes. The bear let out one final dying roar before it exploded into a bright blue shower of polygon shards and disintegrated into the atmosphere. "Woah. Level up." Thorrissia panted, taking a couple of steps back from where the big beast was standing. 

+ 80 col.

+ bear skin 

"Huh. Not too bad." The girl mused with satisfaction, turning her attention towards the newest player. "This a friend of yours Kotori?" Thorrissia asked suspiciously, not entirely sure if the new guy was friendly. 

Golden looks over his shoulder as Thorrissia finished off the other bear. They make a pretty good team. Golden thought as he pulled out his rapier to attempt another attack. They've already killed a beast yet I haven't inflicted a single damage yet on my target yet. Golden becomes determined to finally inflict damage upon this useless bear.

ID: 22356

BD: 4 FAILURE
MD: 5 FAILURE

Golden charged at the bear to hopefully deal some damage but was unsuccessful when the bear managed to block his rapier from damaging it. Instead, the bear countered and was dodged by me. I swayed in the wind in silence, waiting for the right moment to strike again. Golden looked over at the other two and signaled them to help him out.

Bear #1 (16/16)

Kotori (29/31)

Bear #2 (0/16)
Thorrissia (19/19)

Golden still hadn't any progress whatsoever as Kotori and Thorrissia had finished killing off the first bear and it clicked in place. Sure they "had it under control, but there was slight chance that the girl could've died only minutes ago. He hadn't even taken off a single hitpoint off the older bear. He didn't really have anything under control although she decided to keep quiet because she didn't really want to start something at all, the girl had enough trouble today and she wasn't going to make a big deal out of nothing.  In all seriousness it was just a point she noticed. It would hurt her if she kept dwelling on this observation so she focused on the last bear keeping it in her sights. Quickly she was able to dash over to the animal and have a red line appear on its torso before jumping away from a possible attack. "Switch!" she yelled as she awaited the next attack. Hopefully the bear would die quickly enough although with the damage she did it would happen soon enough so that they continue on the next monster.

Goldenarroz (23/27)

Lowenthal (57/57)

Kotori (29/31)

Thorrissia (19/19)

Bear #1 (11/16) -5DMG

ID: 22458

BD: 8 [6+2] (5DMG)

Lowenthal looked down at Kotori and nodded as she ran off to go fighting her bear. He watched as Kotori and the other woman take the bear down, with ease. Lowenthal turned his head and saw that the young man, who was trying to solo his bear was having difficulty. Lowenthal said, and drew his dagger. "There's no shame in asking for help." He said, not noticing the head wave that Golden gave. Lowenthal quickly moved, and slashed. His kunai did a considerable amount of damage to the low level of the bear. He backed off of the bear and looked at the young man, a small bearing of disgust in his gaze.

ID: 22398

BD: 9 (+1 Dmg)

Goldenarroz (23/27) 

Lowenthal (57/57)

Kotori (29/31)

Thorrissia (19/19)

Bear #1 (1/16) -10[9+1]

Bear #2 (0/16)

ID: 22465

BD: 1

MD: 2

Thorrissia was instantly on the offensive as soon as her friend signalled for help, whipping her sword out and dashing quickly to Golden's aid. Unfortunately the girl was so focussed on slashing the big bear to ribbons that she did not notice the rock sticking up out of the ground. "Agh!" She yelped in surprise as the flint caught her foot, sending her sprawling in the dirt right in front of the monster's huge slavering jaws. Thorry's eyes flittered up from the ground into the large yellow canines of the bear's mouth, feeling ever so slightly scared by being inches away from its mouth. The beast's breath was foul, like rotten meat. The brunette rolled suddenly to her left, sensing the bear was about to strike. Luckily she'd been spot on and sharp teeth closed only on empty air instead of her head. 

ID: 22495

BD: 1

MD: 2

Golden could finish off the bear right now. But he was unable to... He walked toward the bear with a fast, smooth movement and pulled out his rapier to strike. However, the bear was ahead of the game and attempted to claw him. Golden ducked out from the bear's attack and retreated back to safety, allowing the next person to take over.

[Thorrissia, we just got the exact same rolls XD]

Lowenthal (57/57)

Kotori (29/31)

Thorrissia (19/19)

Bear #1 (1/16)

Lowenthal had managed to bring the bear to its last life so that the girl was able to finish it off and end the battle. Unfortunately she wasn't able to do that either so Kotori ended up foreseeing Golden actually stepping in and contribute to the somewhat lengthy attack against the ravenous beast. Or she would've stayed quiet if it wasn't for the boy to yet again miss his attack. Unbelievable. No, her attack against the Dire Wolf was entirely justified since it seemed that this boy couldn't even take one hitpoint away from the bear. He hadn't done a single thing at all to help in the battle and it was up to her to kill the monster once and for all. The furious player tightened the grip on her metallic dagger and dashed forward, turning into a blur as she sped up, anger giving her the energy to more than enough damage and kill the bear. A dark crimson line appeared diagonally going from the animal's waist to its shoulder. For a split second she expected blood to pour out, but an explosion of pixels took place instead. It only gave her mat, odd since usually it would drop Col, but she had bigger fish to fry. She stomped violently with her teeth clenched towards the irritating boy that called himself Golden. "You know, I wouldn't be angry right now if you had done at least a little bit damage, but no you completely blew my mind and did absolutely nothing to help. Earlier when you had gotten mad at me for killing that damn thing, I had thought maybe you did have it under control, but no! You absolutely missed every single shot in this entire battle. The only good thing you actually did was act as fodder for the bear to attack! Thanks for being a useless piece of crap!"

Goldenarroz (23/27)

Lowenthal (57/57)

Kotori (29/31)

Thorrissia (19/19)

Bear #1 (-5/16) (Dead) (+1 Mat)

ID: 22500

BD: 11 [9+2] (5DMG + 1CRIT = 6DMG)

LD: 17 [16+1]

After having been insulted and yelled at, Golden shrugged and turned away. He didn't care a damn about what this player thought. He whistled a tune as he put his black hood on and slowly walked away without saying a goodbye. Before leaving, he said out loud, "Next time, you need something, remember... I'm not the person to come to for help." After that, he walked off without another word and finally disappeared from the scene. Golden decided that if someone didn't like him, he wouldn't like them as well. Golden decides to grind some more on his own and never... ever... interact with that character again. Golden smiled and jumped on top of a building to enjoy the scenery.

Goldenarroz has left the thread.

Lowenthal watched as the person basically insulted him. "Hey! At least I actually did something, you useless child!" Lowenthal said, stepping in front of Korori. "Yeah that's right, you better run! You useless piece of garbage!" Lowenthal picked up a small rock, and chucked at the now lounging Golden. "Talking censored on people than leaving. GOd what a dick." Lowenthal said, turning away. "What was his name?" Lowenthal asked, hoping the group had it.

((GoldenArroz, again you broke the posting order. I know it's not a written rule, but try not to talk out of line. As it deemed 'rude'))