PP - F11 Casual Exploration Of The New Floor (Teayre) (Completed)

Calrex was sitting in the Amethyst Boutique when suddenly he got a notification. It was a fairly important message as well, one that he knew a lot of players were looking forward to hearing for months. A beacon of light that showed there was still hope for everyone in this game.

The eleventh floor was unlocked and already being explored. In fact there were rumors already going around that the boss room was going to be found very soon, meaning that possibly the next floor boss raid might be following afterwards in a short period of time. That meant he would need to hurry if he wanted to get some kind bearing on the theme of the floor, possible monsters that would spawn, and other information that would prove useful.

With his fiancee busy at the shop he gave her a quick kiss on the head, "I'll be back Teayre. The eleventh floor was just unlocked, so I'm going to do some looking around. Maybe I can find out the pricing on a house and we can figure it out from there."

He quietly exited the shop, making his way to the fourth floor settlement's teleportation circle as he made a few swipes on his menu. The new floor appeared immediately as he looked at the list of locations, seeing that the name of the settlement was Taft, "Alright, let's do this."

In a single button press his avatar vanished in a flash of light before reappearing within the southern European styled city. "Well, this certainly reminds me in a way of the second floor's settlement. In any case let's see what's new in this town. Roc!"

While Calrex made a few more swipes on his menu, equipping his Grand Armament of the Grand Chariot, Grand Blade, and Ocean's Defense, his blue peregrine falcon familiar descended from the air in a flash of blue light, hovering over him, "Let's see what we can find."

Edited by Calrex

Feeling Calrex’s lips press against her head Teayre looks up at him as he mentions about the eleventh floor unlocked. Watching slowly as the blue haired boy heads up and makes his way out of her shop. Freezing Teayre’s mind began to race as a tear ran down her cheek. “He’s going to check the floor out without me? That…. That stupid, idiotic selfish…†Slowly Teayre placed her sculpting tool down on her table grabbing her small katana necklace she equips it, taking her new katana the green cobra inside bearing its fangs as it coiled around. Pulling her cloak up around her the blood haired girl ran her finger along her arm band before caressing the Slither of Silver that was attached to it by her wrist.

Stepping out into the snowy streets of Snowfrost Teayre spins before pulling the door to her shop shut looking down she sees one set of footprints in the freshly set snow. Following them Teayre arrives at the Teleportation Plaza just as a blue haired boy vanishes. Looking down Teayre draws her katana before stepping out into the open her <Sprint> skill activating as she powers her way onto the plaza, her hair whipping back behind her. “Calrex… I’m coming for you!â€

(Stealth Rating: 10) ID: 22229 BD: 7 (8 + 2 – 1 EVA) Hit and Bleed Activated (in safe Zone so no damage taken)

As she appeared in a flash of light in Taft Teayre turned her head several times, her eyes narrowed. Finding Calrex the girl slowly walks up to him keeping quiet placing her left foot forwards Teayre holds her blade down by her right leg before she swings it up in an arc. Screaming out her fiancée’s name.

“CALREX! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I WANTED TO COME WITH YOU AND YOU JUST UP AND LEAVE! I’VE NOT GOT ANY MATERIALS AT THE MOMENT AND YOU KNOW THAT!â€

Breathing heavily Teayre raises her katana above her head, gripped in one hand flicking it downwards as her left hand holds her sheathe. Slowly replacing it where the weapon belongs the girl steps forwards wrapping her arms around her fiancée. Her face pressing in between Calrex’s shoulder blades.

“It’s a new floor. It’s going to be dangerous. Don’t be stupid and go off alone.â€

"Gwah!"

Calrex's eyes widened in surprise as he suddenly felt something hit him from behind, confused for a second since he was in a safe zone. However as he saw a flick of Teayre's red hair he gave a calming breath as he gave a smile.

"I guess she decided to come along. I thought she was busy, but maybe that wasn't the case."

"It’s a new floor. It’s going to be dangerous. Don’t be stupid and go off alone."

As he felt his fiancee's arms around him, her body pressed against his back he felt his cheeks flush before he turned and wrapped his arms around her speaking in a lighthearted tone, "Heh, so Roc doesn't count? I'm sorry Teayre, I'm glad you're here, although I think I might need to recover a bit from that attack."

ID: 22231

Craft Dice: 10 (Bleed Negated, +1 Heal from Meditation)

Calrex gave a calming breath as he stepped back for a second, kneeling down. His <<Meditation>> skill activated as he saw the Bleed effect disappear, the effect leaving in a cloud of red faint lights from his body before he got back to his feet, "Alright, I should be ok to move now. Shall we explore the settlement a little bit before heading out into the fields?"

“No, that thing doesn’t count.†Waving her hand at the blue bird as if she was dismissing it her fist then coming down on Calrex’s chest. “Besides you idiot… We get to spend time together now… I’ve… I’ve left the guild.†Falling silent Teayre looks up at Calrex before turning away. Bursting into a run Teayre heads down through the streets of Taft not paying any attention to the buildings around her as she shoulder barges her way into a building the door banging against the wall causing a few of the npcs to look up.

As she looked around Teayre found herself inside a small tea shop, turning around she gently closed the door and settled herself down in a corner the booth wrapping around her. “Not that it’ll stop him finding me if he wants to…†Looking up she saw that a waitress dressing a maid outfit was there looking at her, “Two green teas please.†Slipping her the col in advance Teayre waits patiently for the tea and Calrex to arrive.

"You left Absolu..."

Before Calrex could confirm Teayre's statement she was suddenly off like a bolt of lightning. He did take note that she referred to Roc as a thing, the bird quietly taking the statement, although whether it had an effect on him or not was not able to be determined. Calrex gave a sigh as he put a hand behind his head before taking off after his fiance, his <<Reveal>> skill activating, making it easy for him to locate her sitting in a tea shop a decent distance away.

"I guess that was coming, with all that we were discussing. In any case it seems like she wants to keep her distance from Roc due to Beleram as well."

As he arrived in front he looked up, calling Roc over. The peregrine falcon quickly swooped down and landed on his arm, "Hey Roc, I guess this is the way it's going to be, although I did kind of give you a heads up when we first formed our agreement. Nonetheless, sorry for you having to be paired with a heartless companion like me."

Roc shook his head in disagreement with Calrex's statement before taking off into the air, dematerializing. Calrex gave a nod before entering into the shop, gently placing a hand on Teayre's shoulder before sitting across from here, "Hey, everything alright?"

As Calrex sat down opposite her Teayre looked up the waitress looking slightly surprised as another person had appeared. “It’s one tea for each of us.†Nodding silently she placed the tea that had been ordered down on the table one by each of the patrons. Turning her face back to Calrex Teayre looks at him sheepishly. â€Y-Yeah, I just thought you’d be mad at me…†Blushing put her head on the table and wrapped her arms around her head hiding as she gently sobbed. As she peered out she looked at Calrex her eyes looking around as she mumbled out some words, “Where’s… Where’s Roc Cal?â€

Calrex gave a warming smile as he heard Teayre's concern that she thought he'd be mad, "You're silly Teayrie, why would I get mad at you over that. You know how I feel about guilds in general. Heck, that's part of the reason I decided to form the Spectrum Coalition remember?"

He gently reached forward and took her hands in his as he gave a calming breath, "Besides, it's my fault for getting you involved in all the guild business in the first place right?"

Calrex gave a small laugh before addressing Teayre's question, "Roc's currently off doing his own thing. I'll summon him when we need his help. Knowing him he's likely off grabbing some food or taking a nap."

• 2 weeks later...

As Calrex took her hands, Teayre looked up at him. Her damp eyes appeared to be black underneath the layer of moisture as she gazed into her fiance's eyes. "Cal..." Shaking her head Teayre slowly stood before moving around and slowly sitting down in Calrex's lap. Wrapping her hands around the bluenettes neck Teayre entwines her fingers together as her hair cascades around her face as she looks down at the space between them. Her bottom lip quivering Teayre slowly raises her hand meeting the vast ocean like eyes of Calrex before she buries her head into the crook of his neck, sobbing. "Cal... I'm... Im sorry. It's not your fault, I never should of joined in the first place..."

Shovelling nd wiping her nose on her sleeve the small girl with the blood crimson hair cast her head nd eyes downward as a small blush came to her lips. Her voice was beaten and worn as the small girl continued to speak each word seemed painful to say as it was spoken through gritted teeth. "I... I'd understand if you'd like to.... If you'd like to... Press on without me Calrex. I always seem to be holding you back with nothing to give you... I'm hurting you... I can see it. I don't want to hurt you..."

"I... I'd understand if you'd like to.... If you'd like to... Press on without me Calrex. I always seem to be holding you back with nothing to give you... I'm hurting you... I can see it. I don't want to hurt you..."

As Teayre sat on his lap and buried her face into him Calrex gave a smile as he wrapped his arms around her, quietly listening, "Heh, she thinks she's the only holding me back? Teayre, you say some of the silliest stuff at times."

Sliding one hand so that it was gently holding the back of her head Calrex brushed the back of her hair before responding, "Teayre..." pushing her off for a second he snuck a quick kiss from her lips to try and help break her from her somberness before speaking further, "You say some of the silliest stuff."

He gave a warm smile before continuing, "There's no way I could press on in this game without you. Holding me back? Heh, you were the one who was helping to push me to where I am now. Nothing to give? You've given me more than you know, at least in my opinion. If it wasn't got the Grand Chariot and Ocean's Defense I might not even be here right now. Plus, there's nothing you can do to hurt me other than hurt yourself. That would be the only time, because then it makes me worry for your well-being. Didn't I say a while back, I didn't want to be ahead or behind you? I...want to be beside you Teayrie..."

Uttering her nickname once again Calrex felt his entire face turn red as he put a hand behind his head before giving a calming breath, "If you were wondering why I came up here without you in the first place, it wasn't to get ahead. I wanted to do a quick scan around to see if it was safe for both of us. Remember who is the only person in SAO that decided to get the Reveal skill?"

Smiling with a lighthearted tone Calrex tapped his pointer to his temple before lowered his arms back around his fiancee, "Remember a while back we promised to keep each other safe? I'm just doing my best to uphold my end of it, that's all. I was planning to come right back right when Roc and I were done. Nothing too risky at all."

• 1 month later...

As her fiancée held her Teayre’s sobs became stifled as she turned into him her arms shielding her face as she buried it into Calrex’s chest. As he began to speak the girl’s breathing started to become erratic as she pressed herself harder against her beloved. Her hands slipped down and wrapped around him gripping him tightly back.

“C… Cal… I’m sorry I know I’ve… I’m a pain a lot of the time…” Eyes glistening she looked up at him briefly before her face buries into his arm again, “I’m sorry, I don’t get what you see in me you… I’m just stupid. A crybaby…”

As her voice trailed off she heard Calrex’s soothing tone again, reassuring her that he wouldn’t press on without her.  As he muttered her pet name Teayre’s head shot up and her arms wrapped around his neck pulling him in for a close embrace. “Cal…” Leaning back a bit she took his hands as she smiled at him. “Callie-kun… I… I just don’t get why you want to be with me… Or anything really…”

Calrex gave a smile as Teare expressed her surprise and confusion as to his desire to be with her, gently rubbing his fiancee's hands, "Silly, I don't need to have a reason to be with you, other than I simply want to be with you. I'm not sticking around for something that you have, or for something as simple as a common goal. I'm here with you for you. You're right, things can get hard at times, but like you said before, without emotion we would simply be robots. Without challenges there would be no growth. At the least we're both smart enough that we don't let our thoughts hinder our ability to fight."

He gave a small sigh to catch his breath as he brought her close, "Honestly, I would be lying if I said there were not times that I wish I was strong enough that I could shoulder all of this game's challenges to keep you safe, but I know that would be something you would never let me do. So I want you by my side, fighting off all of the threats that this world can throw at us, so that we can see each other again in the real world."

With that he gave another smile before continuing to speak, "Don't put yourself down. You've gotten to where you are now on your own strength. I have only a litlle to do with your development as a fighter. So don't count yourself out just yet, heh."

Edited by Calrex

“Silly. I don’t need to have a reason to be with you, other than I simply want to be with you.”

As Calrex spoke to her Teayre turned away and began sipping her tea with her back to him. As she spoke in between sips her voice was shaky almost uncertain. “Are you… Are you being honest? I… I…” Leaning back into him she sighs. “I love you Callie, I know I’ve said it before but I really do. I just… I’m scared of getting hurt… I mean… You know what I’ve been through…” Her eyes fluttered shut as she began to blush slightly. Her knees coming up as she rested her feet on the chair.

Peeking up at Calrex Teayre smiles weakly before returning to her drink finishing it one. Taking the other cup of tea Teayre wraps Calrex’s hands around her whilst she holds the steaming drink up to his mouth. “H-Here… Please don’t let go…” Blushing she gently tips the drink to give her Fiancée a drink. Looking down and away Teayre grits her teeth for a moment before looking up at him offering another drink. "C-Cal, I know I'm not taking Bel..." Pausing for a moment she closes her eyes  taking a deep breath. "Beleram's passing too well, but don't let that effect how you and Roc are with each other. He's your familiar he'll work better with you if you two get close..."

Calrex's eyes widened for a second as his cheeks tinged red when Teayre offered him a drink, making sure to not release the cup as he took a sip, feeling the warming liquid pass down his throat as he gave a nod before accepting the second gulp. He listened attentively when his fiancee spoke about Beleram, her fallen familiar as he gave a nod, "I understand. I guess I have been kind of keeping Roc at a distance, likely to avoid getting too attached to him. We've been working well so far, but I'll try to see if there's a way for us to work together better than before."

He gave a smile as he gently brushed the back of her hair before looking around, "Huh, this is a pretty nice shop. I haven't seen a tea shop like this for a while now, so I wonder if it's specific to the theme of the floor. Definitely something I'll need to make note of. I wonder what else we can find on this floor."

Teayre slowly sat up looking back at Calrex before leaning in and stealing a quick kiss from him, blushing. As she placed his drink down on the table she smiled. “You know I wonder what else the floor has to offer… Shall we have a look around town and see what we can find?” Teayre let her knees drop so that she was sat cross legged on the chair. Stretching her arms out to the sides she tousles Calrex’s blue mop before opening her menu. Unequiping her red coat Teayre puts on her more Victorianesque outfit, making sure her katana is firmly attached at her hip the small girl reaches over gently placing a hand on Calrex’s knee. “Cal… I’m sorry for being so, up in the air a lot of the time. I guess it can be frustrating for you…” 

"Yeah, might as well since we're here right?"

As Teayre stole a kiss from him Calrex's cheeks tinged red before he gave a smile, seeing the flash of light before his fiancee was clothed in her Victorian style outfit. He gave a calming breath before gently placing his hand over the one that Teayre had placed on his knee, reassuring her, "I wouldn't say all the time. You still know when to keep your mind focused. It's not frustrating at all, but rather enjoyable to watch. Remember, there's nothing about you that I would change silly."

Giving her a gentle brush with his free hand across her cheek he gave a quick kiss before getting to his feet, "Alright then, if you're all set, shall we get moving on our little tour? I'm sure we can cover a decent amount of ground before nightfall. Heck we might even be able to explore a small cavern or two to see if there's any unique materials to the floor while we're at it."

Looking up at Calrex Teayre nodded, her eyes downcast as her hand interlocked with his and suddenly became like a vice. Her palm was sweating and her free arm wrapped around Calrex’s as she stood up and followed him out of the tea shop. “Cal… Do you mind if we just stay in the city for now, I know you want to get out and about but…” Her voice trailed off as the small girl seemed to forget what she was saying.

“Is that… Is that okay Callie?” Titling her head slightly to just peak up at him Teayre closes her eyes and clings to him. The hustle and bustle of the town around her seemed eerie. On the lower floors there were quite a lot of players now it seemed to be just her and Calrex amidst a sea of NPCs.

"Hm? Yeah, that's perfectly fine. This settlement is fairly large, so we should be able to spend a good amount of time here and explore every nook and cranny."

As he felt his hand become locked in a death grip Calrex gave a nod as he gently returned the gesture, looking around the area, "I wonder if that's what's putting Teayre on edge. From what I can see there..."

His <<Reveal>> skill activated as he quickly scanned the immediate area, viewing each person that appeared to be walking around, "...no player characters at all on this floor. They're all NPCs. That's rather odd. I thought that with this floor open that least one or two people would try to set up shop. It's certainly not spooky like the tenth floor. I wonder what reason could give that."

"Hey, do you see any other players? I only see NPCs so far. There's got to be at least one or two people walking around, well, other than us of course."

As Calrex mentioned about other players Teayre shook her head and buried it into his arm again. Her grip on his hand tightened even more before Teayre released it and let go. As her eyes darted to Calrex’s health bar Teayre finds herself blushing. Looking down she walks off slightly before waiting for her blue haired companion to catch up. “S-sorry… I could have hurt you if we weren’t in a safe zone…”

Lifting her head up she begins to look around catching wind of where they are a small smile comes to Teayre’s lips. A slight giggle manages to escape them as she looks pitifully into Calrex’s vast ocean like eyes. “Cal… I’m sorry…” Raising a hand she points to a sign of the nearest shop. “I don’t know how we do it… But…” Ducking inside the shop Teayre dives into a small pile of clothing and begins to rifle through it. Throwing various male outfits at Calrex, the most prominent being a new pair of jeans, a plain white t-shirt and a deeper blue jacket. 

"Hm?"

"Hurt me outside of the safe zo..."

Before his mind could catch up, the next thing Calrex knew was that he was in another clothing shop, holding what looked to be a set of clothing. Blue jeans, a white shirt, and a dark blue jacket. It was essentially what his outfit within SAO would look like if it were converted to modern day clothing. Shaking his head to regain his senses he gave a calming breath, "Heh, I'm guessing this means we're picking me out a new outfit for when we're not in combat? Alright then."

Looked around he found the nearest fitting room, heading inside before swiping on the menu, swapping out his casual combat clothing for the outfit. Since it was SAO, the clothing resized and adjusted itself to fit onto his avatar accordingly as he gave a small sigh before heading back out, "Alright then, how do I look?"

As Calrex tried the new outfit on Teayre blushed before turning away. Heading to the cash register the red head hands over a few hundred col for the clothes. Walking back up to her fiancée the girl hugs him smiling up at him before stealing a quick kiss. “You look amazing.” Nuzzling her head into his chest she squeeze tightly “What would you like to do Callie? Sorry for dragging you in another clothes shop as well…”

Raising her head slightly to keep eye contact with Calrex, Teayre finds herself smiling slightly as she gazed into her eyes. “I keep telling you what to do, you choose for once okay Callie?” Tiptoeing she steals another kiss before wrapping her arms around Calrex’s next and resting her head on his shoulder facing his neck. Her lips lightly brushing his skin.