PP - F11 Casual Exploration Of The New Floor (Teayre) (Completed)

Hearing Teayre say that the outfit suited him Calrex felt his cheeks tinge red as he put a hand behind his head, "NNo, it's not a problem at all. I'm glad you're finding outfits that seem to suit me though. I've been comfortable with the combat outfit we got me back when we were still on the first floor, heh."

Giving a nod to the shop owner Calrex nodded to Teayre's request, his cheeks flushing deeper red as they exited the shop, "Hm...let's head over there."

Right across from the clothing shop they were in was a small cafe. It looked like the establishment was mostly outdoor seating, with the inside set specifically for just ordering what you wanted to eat/drink. "How about we stop by there? Looks like there's some interesting things to try."

Walking over he looked at the menu from outside, seeing something odd that stood out for him, "Hm...a matcha mocha iced latte? That's...certainly something I have not heard of before. I've gotten green tea and chocolate ice cream mixed together before, but not in a caffeinated drink"

"See anything you want to try?"

Following her fiancée as he guided her to a small café Teayre kept her hand interlocked with his tightly.  As they came to a stop observing the menu the red head noticed the green tea and chocolate drink, smirking she knew exactly what Calrex was going to pick.

“See anything you want to try?”  

Running her eyes of the menu again Teayre looks up at her partner, gently nibbling on her lower lip. “Y-yeah… But it’s not on the menu so I’ll just have a cola and-“ Her sentence was interrupted as she looked over the menu again, her eyes widening. “I’ll take a couple of the sushi balls as well, I’m kinda hungry, so want to get a big plate and share?”

As she finished speaking she blushed, turning her head away she began blushing even more before muttering a few words. “Why am I blushing… I’m marrying him, sharing food shouldn’t be a problem… He’s just… Perfect…” 

"Hm?"

Calrex looked with an expression of confusion for a second when he saw Teayre's face flush, "Splitting a plate? Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I'm not feeling very hungry, so a few onigiri would be a good idea."

Note: Onigiri - A type of Japanese rice ball, usually made into a triangular or cylindrical shape that is often wrapped in nori. Traditionally filled with pickled plum, bonito, or some other salty or sour ingredient.

"We're tried each other's food before, so I guess this is the next step from that?"

Approaching the counter he ordered the strange drink, as well as Teayre's cola and onigiri plate. As with most of the consumable items in SAO, rather than requiring the person to create the item from scratch, a few swipes of their inventory resulted in the finished ingredients, cutting down minutes to seconds. Calrex gave a nod of thanks before leading Teayre outside to one of the multiple tables that surrounded the small cafe, "Alright, let's dig in!"

Reaching for the drink he had ordered he took a sip, his eyes widening for a second as the mixture of matcha, cocoa, and coffee passed over his virtual palate. Pleasantly, it was a tasty result as his sip turned into a gulp as he set his drink back down, "Huh, this isn't bad at all. How's the rice balls?"

After being led outside and sat down, Teayre takes one of the onigiri. Eyeing it carefully she puts a small bit of wasabi on top and bites into it. The comfort smile of good food spreads across her face. Licking her lips Teayre looks over at Calrex and nods as he asks her how the food is. Quickly finishing off the first one the girl takes a sip of cola before continuing on. As she bit into the next one her mouth pursed tightly as she screwed up her eyes. A loud agonising groan escaped from her throat as she swallowed.

Opening her eyes they had begun to water. “Too… Much… Wasabi ...” Placing her hand on Calrex’s Teayre finishes her drink before looking down at the plate. There were three sticky rice balls left. Eyeing them up the petite girl, scoffed two of them showing a not so petite appetite. Picking up the last one she offers it to Calrex, gently popping it into his mouth. “Shall we make a move? I know you wanted to explore the outside a bit and I think… I think I can go with you now.” 

Calrex gave a small laugh as he watched Teayre's reaction to the wasabi, taking another sip of his drink before seeing an incoming rice ball, quickly setting his cup down before opening his mouth and accepting the snack. He could feel the texture of the rice as he bit down, but then his eyes widened for a second as he realized the onigiri his fiancee had given him was filled with the sour pickled plum, his lips puckering for a second as he chewed on the small piece of filling.

After managing to finish the mass of rice in his mouth he quickly swallowed it and took another sip, finishing off his drink before responding to Teayre's inquiry, "Outside? Yeah, if you're sure we can definitely do that. We'll take it slow and start nearby the settlement before heading further out, that way should things be a little too rough we can always run back inside the safe zone and recover."

The musical sound of Calrex’s laughter carried to her ears. Teayre shot the bluenette a look filled with hate. “Don’t make me hurt you Callie.” She growls at him before sticking her tongue out at him she smiled before gazing down the street. “Y-yeah…” Her mind seemed to go away missing Calrex’s puckered lips. As she turned back to him she realised he was speaking.

“Sorry, I wasn’t really listening I just caught the end about hiding in a safe zone if needs be… It’s a good plan. I’m not losing you. I refuse to lose you.”

Her voice became short and sharp as she finished her sentence. Her eyes still staring into nothing down the street. Slowly she stands up stretching, her mouth opening wide as she yawns. “Right, let’s go start killing things then Cal yeah?” 

Calrex gave a small smirk as he gave a nod, "Heh, don't worry, I've got it all planned out. Let's start trying out these new monsters."

He got to his feet as he rotated his shoulders a couple of times before motioning towards the street that would take them to the gate leading out of the settlement, "Now...let's see what the monsters on this floor are made of. They're only one floor up from the tenth, but that doesn't mean their strength can be lower, only higher."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)