[PP-F1] Simple Steps (Teayre)

"Today is the day..." Beatbox said to himself as he strapped on his basic gear, holding onto his sword he waits patiently next to a tree thinking on how to approach this. "More defensive... or more aggressive... I need more levels if I wanna live..." he said to himself not caring that others could hear him. He decided move along slower away from the town cautious waiting for a wolf, but he obviously looks like he could use some help.

The first floor, Teayre often came back here but she was never sure why. As she walked through the streets of Starting City she looked about, it was quieter here now but it was still be far one of the busiest floors. Now that Floor eleven had opened up she was going to try and spend as much time training there as possible, but for now she needed some relaxation. The sun beating down with a slight gust of wind taking away the shock of the heat, leaving the floor nice and warm.

As she left the main city she wandered out into the plains several trees spattered here and there and she could see several people training. She had been like this once, hiding and then one day finally deciding no enough is enough and that she’d push through and help get onto the frontlines. She was nearly there now she just had to wait for the next boss meeting. Running her finger along the Oikawa Kanashiki’s golden eagle hilt the petite crimson haired girl looks up seeing someone by a tree who appeared to be hiding. Pulling her hood up the red coat billowing around her Teayre approaches the boy.

Catching his conundrum she smiles, “It depends what you want to do you know, for myself I like attacking being offensive. For my fiancée however he likes to protect. So really it all comes down to what you’d like to do.†Raising her hand she offers it to the boy “I’m Teayre.â€

Shocked, Beatbox looked over to the figure in a red hood and gives a smile and shakes her hand firmly she had offered... "I'm Beatbox, weird name I know... you see, I'm kinda confused on style I should use." Letting go of the handshake then he takes his sword and lays it on the palms of his hands "All I have right now is this sword, I don't possibly know what route to take to get some levels... I know I need to defeat some easy one's... but I'm still level one..." He ends quiet and embarrassed.

Looking the boy up and down Teayre pauses for a moment before replying “Well what sort of style appeals to you? More or less any style’s fine pick one you like. If you’re going with a one handed sword there’s three ways you can go really. You can go for out and out damage, tanking everything like a bad ass or a mix. Then again it is early days so talk to different people and find out what you like.† Stepping forward Teayre draws her blade. “At any rate we’d better start hitting  something to get you that experience yeah?â€

In agreement, Beatbox gives a smile, grabs his sword by the handle and raises it in the air with confidence "I guess I'll never know my style until I start trying!" Beatbox turns around with more excitement than before "Let's go find some wolves or bacon." And proceeded to follow Teayre wherever she would take Beatbox, hopefully he would gain multiple levels. "Hopefully I find something cool today!" he thought to himself with a smile.

Nodding at Beatbox Teayre hefts her katana. “You said all you’ve got is that sword right?†Flicking her menu down Teayre rifles through her shops inventory before withdrawing a small sword. As it materialised in her hand the red and white wires became apparent as they crossed over each other. The hilt was like a small eagles head, with a small chain through the eye socket.

Handing the Lucky Charm over to Beatbox the crimson haired girl continues. “Here that should help a bit, you’ll find your attacks hit a touch more.†Watching him carefully Teayre smiles again. “Come on let’s get a move on. I’d say we have most of the afternoon left but I’m not a fan on wasting time. After we’ve killed some boars I’ll take you to one of the most famous Cafés amongst the players in Aincrad.â€

Teayre gifted Beatbox Dripping Wire Sword.

Item: Dripping Wire Sword

Item Type: Lucky Charm

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancement: +1 ACC

Description: A small mesh of red and white wires weaved together in the shape of a sword, the hilt has an eagles head cresting it. The red wires appear to be seeping out of the white wires like blood.

Taking the small sword she had given to Beatbox he stared at it for a minute and looked up at her "You're giving this to me? ...why? Can you not use it or is it you just don't want it?" "Well, I guess we shouldn't waste anytime... lets go get some fresh bacon." as he walked forward he thought to himself and finally asked the question "Wait... what is so special about this cafe?" with a confused look like he hasn't heard about a cafe before.

ID: 22675

BD: 9 (7 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (2 – 3 EVA)

“Let’s just call it an investment. If you survive long enough and want more stuff made for you come look me up on the fourth floor. I’ve got my shop up there, there’s also a blacksmith I know there who’s really quite good. She made my other katana.†As Teayre was speaking a boar had begun to walk along the path on the other side of the tree, flicking her hair over her shoulder Teayre smirks. “Right there’s a boar let’s get it. When you attack just keep it a simple attack for now. I’ll go first and keep his aggro.â€

As she finished speaking Teayre stepped forward activating her <Charge> Skill she seemed to whip through the air in an instant her weapon flying out of the sheathe as she cut the boar along the flank taking off a good portion of its health bar. “You’re up Beat, and don’t worry about over aggroing me I’ll make sure you can’t. I’ll swap to my fists after this so we can hit it some more.†As Teayre finished speaking the boar charged at her, jumping she places a hand on the boars back and flips over it landing neatly behind it sheathing her katana. “The café… I wouldn’t say there’s anything special about it. Just it’s a common place for people, you’ll probably meet a few people here and there in it."

Teayre: 68/68

Beatbox: 7/7

Boar: 25/34 9 DMG (8 + 1 Charge)

ID: 22682

BD: 4 (+1 ACC = 5 (Still Fail))

Boar: 25/34 

"Ok... now's the time... my first swing of a sword... LETS GO!!" he yells out and swings his sword for the first time ever in Aincrad. And even with the new gift given from Teayre... Beatbox managed to somehow miss. "What! You pieces of pork are harder than I thought... gotta try harder... maybe that'll do the trick..." Beatbox said out loud as he stands up stiff, waiting for the time to strike when the boar gets near Beatbox for an attack. 

ID: 22688

BD: 4 (2 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1

As Teayre watches the boar let out a grunt, snorting water vapour coming out from its nostrils. She smirked as it turned around and began to charge at her. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Beatbox begin to move in, his sword arcing downwards towards the boar just as it gave a sudden burst of speed catching into the ground. Let’s out a laugh as she watches her trainee stand up quite stiffly. “Don’t worry about it, it happens to the best of us Beat.â€

Turning her head back to the boar who had just gotten within range of her Teayre steps around with her feet dodging the blow and manoeuvring herself back round behind it. Readying herself for an attack the small red girl clenches her first. “Now I’ve seen Callie do this a good hundred times.†Stepping forwards Teayre straightens her arm out as the boar kicks it feet and runs around out of her range stumbling the girl curses. “See what I mean Beat? Now Switch!â€

As he see's the boar runs around out of her range he yells out "Got It! Ahhhh!" Thinking to himself "I can do this!" And attempts to swing his sword.

ID: 22689

BD: 1 (+1 = 2) Crit Fail.

And after he swings his sword at the boar confidently he lost control of his balance as he swings his sword and falls, face first.

"God dang it..." he said and he peeled his face of the grass looking at the boar "Grr..." then looks at Teayre and looks back and picks himself back up embarrassed and stood up with less confidence.

ID: 22690

BD: 1

MD: 10

Hearing her party members curses Teayre smiles taking a step back as the boar rears. Running towards Beatbox the girl pushes him out of the way before jumping back and landing unevenly causing her to fall over. The boar ran straight past Beatbox its path arcing round as it began running up towards Teayre scrambling back on her hands and feet she manages to stand up just as the tusks of the beast catch her.

Rolling with the blow Teayre catches it with her coat reducing the damage dealt to her. Tutting as she pushes herself up she glares at the boar, which had turned about facing the girl its hoof pawing at the ground as it readied itself for another charge. Its nostrils flaring as it snorted. “Beat, take another punt at it. We can’t risk me using my fists for this one.†Her hand went to the hilt of the Oikawa Kanashiki as she drew the weapon and held it point towards to boar.

Teayre: 67/68 1 DMG (1 Base + 2 Crit – 3 MIT)

ID: 22692

BD: 1 Crit Fail (why me...)

Teayre: 67/68

"Alright Take Three!" Beatbox said running towards the Boar ready to slash his sword which again misses and trips and falls once again. "God DANG IT! I'm such a failure!" he said punching the ground. He stands up once again with an angry expression as if he's had enough. He points his sword at the boar "YOU WILL BE DEFEATED! BY MY WORD, YOU WILL!" he says preparing for another swing onto the boar with anger that he had been constantly failing. 

ID: 22696

BD: 6 (2 + 2 ACC + 1 LM + 1 Concentration)

MD: 1

“Beat take it easy mate, I know it’s frustrating but I had troubles starting out to.†As she spoke the boar started to charge at hit. “Trust me I know it’s hard to start with but it’ll get easier watch.†Stepping to the side Teayre moves her blade down blocking the attack closing her eyes the girl takes a breath in holding it for a few seconds before she breathes out.

Pivoting around on her right foot Teayre spins using the boars pushing against her blade to give her even more momentum as her <Concentration> skill activated. Planting her left foot next to the boar Teayre arcs her weapon up slicing the boars flank again before she jumps back looking at Beatbox nodding at him. “Come on, let’s take it.â€

Boar: 17/34 8 DMG

ID: 22697

BD: 10! Critical Success!

Boar: 14/34 -3 DMG

With a smile he says "Indeed, lets end this boar..." he lets out a battle cry and as he runs toward the boar his sword gives a glow and strikes the boar, the boar groans and leaves a striking sound. Beatbox looked back from his stance and see's that the boar has a scar like symbol on his side resembling a good swing at the beast. "Finally... Teayre, go for it!" he yells with excitement. He moves around ready to run and swing at the boar again.

ID: 22699

BD: 11 (9 + 2 ACC0 [+1 DMG]

MD: 10

Smiling she watches at Beatbox hits the boar, the beast scurrying backwards a few steps flaring its nostrils at the boy. It began to charge this time at him instead of at her. Running towards the blonde activating her <Sprint> skill she knocks the player out of the way. Taking the full brunt of the boars attack to her stomach. Gasping for breath as the beast backs up Teayre falls down onto one knee. “You… You okay?†Slowly pushing herself back to her feet the crimson haired girl glares at the boar.

Lunging forwards the black and white steel blade of the Oikawa Kanashiki catching the shoulder of the boar as Teayre begins to make small cuts all over the creature darting around it letting the crystals fall. Pushing herself off on her rear foot Teayre jumps and lands next to Beatbox nodding at him. “You’re up.â€

Boar: 5/34 9 DMG (8 + 1 Crit) [bleed Activated 2/2 Turns Remaining]

"Right!" he yells.

ID: 22702

BD: 9 Crit!

Boar: 3/34 -2 DMG

He gives another battle cry and lands another hit! The boar groan once more and stumbled a few steps back snorting and making the foot movements that signal's another rush. "I'm getting the hand of this..." He turns around once more and he nodded to Teayre and smiled at her "It's almost done... It's almost dead! Alright! I'm getting the hang of this!" he said with excitement because he had been thinking that he had been getting the hang of this combat.

ID: 22709

BD: 11 (9 + 2 ACC)

MD: 1 (2 - 3 EVA)

LD: 3 (2 + 1 LD)

The boar was struck again by Beatbox, Teayre smiled as he called out to her. “I’ll finish this one off so we can go and look for another Beat.†Looking up at him she nods. Sidestepping a pathetic thrust from the boar. She quickly brings her katana down severing the head from the body. Quickly she dismisses the loot window as the corpse of the boar vanishes in a burst of pixels.

“Well that’s one down. Up for another and then hit the café?†Leaning back against the tree she’d met him at Teayre sheathes her weapon keeping her hand on its hilt as she eyed her accomplice up and down. “Listen you’ll do fine, work on your attacks a bit and control which direction they come from and then I reckon nothing will stop you. At any rate there’s another boar just over there if you want to go for it?†Raising a hand she points to the horizon where a shape could be seen on it.

Boar: -7/34 -DEAD- 10 DMG (8 Teayre + 2 Bleed)

Teayre recieves one material.

"Haha, that was a little fun.. except for my failures... heh." Beatbox says scratching his head. "Hey, I even gained a couple levels!" He raises his hand in victory and laughs for a second. Looking back at her leaning on the tree "Heh, what do you think Is should do? Go after that boar or just go to the cafe? I'm Fine with either." he says with a smile. "I should probably train, what was I thinking" he thought to himself but never changing his emotion while thinking this.

“Don’t think of them as failures think of them as learning curves. Congratulations now only a few more to go and you may even make it to the front lines.†Her fingers curling into a fist Teayre looks over at the blonde letting out a sigh. “We should probably take it easy and head to the café but… How about you take point on the boar first? We’ve got some time until the sun sets.â€

She catches the boys eye a wicked grin coming to her face. “So shall we?†Slowly the girl begins walking towards the boar her hand stroking the eagle hilt of the Oikawa Kanashiki. Twisting her hand around her weapon's hilt Teayre draws it and sets herself in a ready stance a good ten feet from the boar. "Right Beat, make your move. Be careful though it'll more than likely attack you straight back."