PP - F5 A Firm Foot in the Sand <<Butcher of the Sands>> (Teayre)

After appearing on the fifth floor Calrex gave a calming breath as he stepped a few feet away, turning to wait for his fiancee, Teayre, to come through the gate. He had told her a few minutes ago about a new quest that had appeared suddenly. A quest called <<Butcher of the Sands>>.

"Odd...so far there has been only one field boss per floor. For this one of all of the floors to have a new field boss, especially after the release of Banshee, seems unusual. Oh well, I'm not the designer of the game, so I guess this i still part of their plan..."

He swipes on his menu, looking at his gear, contemplating which gear he should equip, "From what I've heard this creature has some rather terrifying enhancements, for example ignoring the Block, Evasion, and Mitigation effects. I hope Oikawa has a backup for his shield should he decide to take this quest..."

Calrex swipes back and forth, the options running through in his mind, "Even though he ignores mitigation I'd best wear the Grand Chariot for the chance of the Thorns triggering. This might turn into a numbers game, so I'll need to up my hit chance, so the Amethyst Charm. Now for the weapon...the Grand Blade and maximize my damage...or the Grand Maelstrom with the chance of inflicting a stun effect..."

He crossed his arms, thinking further, "Teayre is going to be with me, and since she's the damage dealer of the two of us we'd better our chances by preventing the monster from striking every now and then..."

With that he decided on his equipment, the Grand Maelstrom with the Amethyst Charm attached appearing on the back of his hip. At the same time Calrex swiped and prepared the item he obtained from the <<Guardian of Fire>> quest, the Cerberus Soul. "From what I know this item also has the same chance of inflicting the Burn effect as the Paralyze effect on my sword. A double effect just might prove useful..."

• 2 months later...

As Teayre flickered onto the fifth floor she looked around seeing Calrex the red head slowly walked over to him her hand raised shielding her eyes. Her other hand looped around his arm and intertwined their fingers. “Hey…” She muttered quietly and sweetly to him, a small smile coming to her lips as she lowered her hand and looked at the new quest that had popped up.

Making sure the Oikawa Kanashiki was attached firmly to her hip, her red coat billowed out around her as a gust of wind breathed through the town. Closing her eyes for a moment she let go of Calrex’s hand and rested her own on the small snake pendant at her neck. As she opened her eyes looking up at Calrex Teayre nods and starts to set off out of the town readying a teleport crystal and a health potion. “Let’s get the quest on the way shall we Cal?”

• 1 month later...

OOC: It's been a while since this one was active, so we're continuing under the new system with current stats.

IC:

"Yeah, let's get moving. Hopefully we can take this thing down fairly quickly."

Giving a smirk he began moving, "Let's show it what happens when a butcher goes up against a couple of sword-wielders."

Drawing the Grand Blade he led his fiancee out of the gates and towards the location where the butcher was supposed to spawn. It wasn't a long time before they arrived at the area surrounded by spears as he gave a nod, "Looks like we're here. All set to go? I think we should be alright. We'll work just like before, I'll try to keep its attention while you focus on wailing on it."

He gave an encouraging smile before giving a soft squeeze to Teayre's hand before looking towards the arena, giving a calming breath, "Let's get this done."

Her free left hand stroked the length of the Oikawa Kanashiki before Teayre gripped the hilt of the weapon. "Yeah..."  Squeezing her fiancees hand Teayre checked her inventory making sure the teleport crystal she had was equipped. With a quick final look at Calrex Teayre nodded, swallowing as she stepped out into the harsh desert wasteland. 

Casting her eyes around Teayre raises a hand to block most of the sand flying around from scratching them. "It's almost like the Traveller quest again Cal, must be a windy day" As she pressed on the crimson haired girl could hear several calls of anguish from varying creatures around her. A shudder running down her back whilst the knuckles of the hand around the Oikawa Kanashiki went a brilliant white. Teayre mused to herself perhaps withouth realising it the girl spoke out loud.

"Just remember Teayre you've got nothing to worry about okay? You've got the strongest player in windswept with you and he loves you right? So neither of you are going to die okay."

Edited by Teayre

"Heh, kind of, although that time we were much more beat down by the heat and winds compare to now."

Giving a calming breath Calrex activated his <<Reveal>> skill, the landscape turning transparent as he scanned the area for any potential enemies within the area. Looking over towards the center of the desert arena he didn't see an enemy spawned just yet. Giving a nod to Teayre he entered inside, proceeding cautiously.

As the two emerged into the center of the arena almost immediately the field boss, <<Sando Satsu>>, appeared, giving a quick cry before rushing at the two of them.

OOC: LD will determine target. Calrex is 1-10 while Teayre is 11-20

ID: 35501
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4

Seeing the creature leap at them Calrex saw that it targeted him, exactly as he had intended. Leaping to the side the creature's blade slammed into the place where he was originally. Getting to his feet he gave a nod to Teayre as he readied the Grand Blade, "We're taking this thing down."

HP List
Calrex: 181/181
   Energy: 42/44
Teayre: 133/133
   Energy: 32/32

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 350/350

Edited by Calrex

OOC: Replying as Sando Satsu.

IC:

ID: 35501
Loot Dice: 6 (Calrex Targeted)
Mob Dice: 4

As the field boss <<Sando Satsu>> spawned, it's AI immediately decided to target the supposedly more dangerous of its combatants. The algorithm decided on higher of level first, defaulting to Calrex as the lizardman gave a roar, leaping forward. It's blade glowed as it attempted to use a monster Sword Art to try and slash the blue-haired player in two, but its blade met sand as the apparently agile player leapt to the side. Looking left and right to keep both the redhead and bluenette in view it gave a roar before leaping back, looking to see which of the two would attack next. 

ID: 35527 BD: 9 (6+3ACC) CD: 11

Her eyes narrowed as the beast raised itself out of the sand, the tiny particles of rock flowing like water from its back. Running away from Calrex as he moves to engage Teayre looks back around her face devoid of emotion as she concentrates her weapon shining a deep purple before sending her flying towards her foe. Cutting deep into the scales a frenzy of attacks followed. Up, Right, Left Right, Thrust then finally Teayre jumped powering her entire wait through into a vertical chop to sever the body from itself. The creature moved avoiding a critical attack however the damage from her strike still reduced one of its four health bars to empty.

HP List
   Energy: 42/44
   Energy: 20/32 (12 USED)

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 238/350 112 DMG ((9+2)*12-20MIT)

Edited by Teayre

ID: 35503
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 32 Remaining)

Right after Teayre successfully struck the boss with a powerful blow he followed up with one of his own. Activating his most powerful Sword Art, <<Meteor Break>>, the Grand Blade lit up with a crackling golden glow as he flew forward, starting with a powerful elbow strike before unleashing a series of nine slashes before finishing up yet another tackle manuever. Eliminating yet another bar of the creature's health he gave a nod before leaping back.

"Yeah this guy's going to go down quick. Let's finish it off!"

HP List
   Energy: 32/44
   Energy: 20/32

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 148/350 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 20 MIT = 90 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 35503
Loot Dice: 4 (Calrex Targeted)
Mob Dice: 7

As Sando Satsu was struck by the red-haired player, it originally began to target her, since she did the most damage. But that was suddenly changed as the bluenette unleashed a just as fearsome blow. With two attacks and two health bars already depleted, the creature decided that the player with more energy remaining was the higher target.

Since the blue-haired straight sword wielder had almost three-quarters of his energy remaining the field boss flew forward with a roar, managing to catch him unprepared as its blade cut through his armor. As the blow connected the creature saw that only a small chunk of his health was removed. As this occurred it realized that it was significantly outmatched against the two players.

HP List
Calrex: 141/181 (40 DMG)
   Energy: 20/32

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 148/350

Edited by Calrex

Teayre watched as Calrex dove in straight after her attack a grin on her face. “This shouldn’t take too long…” Suddenly the beast was in front of her fiancée attacking him. Its weapon cutting through Calrex as if he was butter. Teayre gasped before gripping her katana slightly tighter stepping forward. However when Calrex disengaged he was standing in between her and the beast. Unable to work her way around him Teayre sighed not having much choice. The Oikawa Kanashiki began to glow a brilliant gold as the crimson girl ran forwards her coat flapping in the breeze. Swinging the weapon towards the sky, Teayre finds her blade carries on sailing just as her fiancée and the beast leap several feet backwards avoiding her strike.

HP List
Calrex: 141/181
   Energy: 19/32 Missed, 1 Regen, 2 Used

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 148/350

Edited by Teayre

ID: 35595
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 22 Remaining)

As the blow struck Calrex gritted his teeth, feeling the attack bypass the mitigation the Grand Dragoon. However, rather than letting himself be knocked back, which would throw him behind Teayre and expose her to a possible attack, his eyebrows furrowed as he planted his back foot, forcing himself to stay in place.

"Don't think you're getting off easy for that hit."

The Grand Blade lit up with the same golden hue as <<Meteor Break>> activated once again. Since he was even closer than last time Calrex put extra force behind his opening elbow strike as he drove it hard against the boss' abdomen before slashing rapidly with his sword in a series of streaking gold cuts. Each one bit deeper than his last barrage before he finished with a leaping vertical slash, bringing his blade down as if aiming to leave the lizardman in half.

His attack complete he flicked his sword to the side, small golden particles flecking off like dust as he made solid his stance, "I'm not letting this thing get past me."

HP List
   Energy: 22/44
   Energy: 19/32

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 47/350 (11 DMG * 11 Art - 20 MIT = 101 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

OOC: Sorry! XP

ID: 35595
Loot Dice: 18 (Teayre is targeted)
Mob Dice: 7

<<Sando Satsu>> looked in surprise as the AI programming didn't expect the blue-haired player to forcefully endure the hit, initially predicting him to absorb the blow while repositioning himself for a better attack. Unfortunately, this meant it left itself open to another attack as the player rushed forward and executed his most powerful Sword Art once again. As the attacks fell on the lizardman its health dropped to almost half of the last health bar remaining, turning yellow.

Now becoming fearful of the blue-haired player it opted to attempt to strike the redhead katana user as it moved quickly, successfully striking her before leaping back. Giving one last roar it prepared its next attack, but at the same time the AI programming recognized the conditions met for <<Sando Satsu>> to gain a bit of an edge.

The <<Dominus>> effect triggered as the boss grew in size, the weapon enlarging to match. The scales almost seemed like hardened armor as it gained a booster to its damage and mitigation.

HP List
Teayre: 93/133 (40 DMG)
   Energy: 19/32

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: 47/350

Sando Satsu gains 50 DMG and 30 MIT for remainder of battle

When the Sando Satsu’s blade arced round striking her, Teayre used the momentum from the strike to send herself towards the lizard. The red haired girl started to spin as she followed the lizard backwards before landing the Oikawa Kanashiki already glowing a deep purple. As the Sword Art took hold and brought Teayre through the motions of San Ge her blade became a blur of steel slicing through the blade the creature held up to defend itself. Several more attacks whipped through the beast finally the crimson haired woman ducked under a retaliatory blow before leaping up and slicing vertically through her foe. It’s mitigation not holding up to her attack.

As she landed Teayre turned around and looked over at Calrex, “Well… That was a bit –too- easy wouldn’t you say?” The loot menu pinged up and Teayre flicked through it before dismissing it. “Where to now?”

ID: 35626 BD: 10 (Nat) CD: 5 LD: 14 (12 + 2 LD)

HP List
Teayre: 93/133
   Energy: 8/32 (12 Energy Used, 1 Regained)

Enemies:
Sando Satsu: -55/350 102DMG ((9+2)*12 – 30 MIT)

LOOT:

1 Material
350*5 Col = 1750 Col

Edited by Teayre

(2 Turns Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex cursed under his teeth for allowing the boss to get past him, but as Teayre managed to deal the finishing blow he gave a small sigh of relief. Sheathing the Grand Blade he gave a nod, "Heh, just a little bit. For being a field boss it wasn't much of a challenge."

Walking over he gently rubbed the top of Teayre's head before giving a quick kiss on the forehead, "Nice work Teayrie. Let's get heading back, bit as thanks for helping me out we can go do something you'd like to do for the rest of the day. Other than this today I'm free."

Edited by Calrex

As her fiancée walked over to her and rubbed the top of her head Teayre scowled her eyes going thin as she glared up at Calrex. Blushing Teayre looked down as he spoke her pet name, the scowl vanishing from her face she embraced him quickly before letting go.

“First off I need to nip to my shop to check some bits after that though I don’t know, perhaps we could pick on a few mobs on the way back to the town? I’m still kind of itching and I’ve got to get a load of overhealths prepared for people in the coming boss fight.”

Looking up at Calrex again Teayre furrowed her brow her lips going into a half smile as something went through her mind. Before she quickly reached in and poked the bluenette in the side, her finger jammed and the girl’s reflex brought the hand back as she shook it. “Ow!”

(1 Turns Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex gave a nod before jumping in surprise for a second, "You alright?"

Gently touching Teayre's hand he proceeded to softly massage it as he gave a smile, "Yeah, we can knock out come other monsters on the way back. I've still got more than enough energy to take on a handful of them."

"Using two Meteor Breaks and I've still got more than enough energy to fight some more monsters. I guess I really have come a long way heh."

Putting his free hand into his jacket pocket he gently wrapped his fiancee's hand in his as he directed them back out of the arena, "We can get started right away, or take a few seconds to regain our energy, but feel free to get started once you're ready."

Edited by Calrex

“Yeah I am, just a little tired I think I exerted myself a bit too much.” As she spoke Teayre staggered slightly leaning on Calrex, smiling at him as he gently massaged her hand. “Thank you.” Her hand came to rest on his cheek as she gazed up at him her eyelids fluttering a couple of times.

As they left the arena Teayre found herself blushing her left hand resting on the hilt of the Oikawa Kanashiki, her eyes darting around. “I should be okay I thin-“ Teayre staggered again, this time she fell to her knees her hand keeping her propped up in the sand. “Maybe not, although if we give it a minute I should be fine. Anyway Callie-Kun, how close are we to getting our house? Also, would you like to get it before or after we get married.... I mean it'll be better if we get it on a nicer floor the two current ones I don't really like...”

"Sure thing. If you need feel free to hold onto me to keep yourself upri..."

As Teayre fell to her knees Calrex knelt down beside her to see if she was alright, "Her energy is pretty low, but it should be recovered soon."

"The house? Heh, yeah we can certainly wait until a better floor shows up. The current ones available certainly aren't very grabbing. Either way I'm still trying to save up enough to afford at least the base amount needed. Whether that comes before or after the marriage will depend on that, heh."

Gently brushing aside some of her hair from her face he gave a smile as he gave a nod, "I'd like to get the marriage completed sooner than later, but I know you want it right, so whenever you're ready I'll try and get things prepared for it."

Laughing as Calrex knelt down beside her Teayre rolled onto her back, a hand stretching out and up to her fiancée’s face as he spoke. A smile breached her face as he brushed some hair away that was strew over her eyes. “Thanks… Look Cal despite everything I have said previously. I want to get married to you. I know I want it nice and everything but we could just meet up in private maybe actually go ice skating without a dragon appearing this time… Just the two of us. All the pomp and circumstance, well… That can be saved for later on in the game as an after party as such. The other thing we can do to wait for it is… Well we can focus on having a perfect wedding once the game is complete…” Teayre looked away at this point her face completely downcast as she struggles to meet her fiancée’s eyes now. “That is… If you’d like to, obviously after dating for a short while in the real world.”

Hearing Teayre express her desire to get married as soon as possible gave Calrex a smile as he gave a nod, "That sounds like a great idea. We can always save the fancy stuff for later. For me, all that's important is that at the end of it we're together."

Sitting down next to her he gave a small exhale, "Remember what I said Narlia, I want to see you again outside of here. Once we make it out of this world, I'll come find you. There's no need to start from scratch, but you're right, we might not have the same situation as in here. But if things don't change, if I still and drawn to you as I am now, then the answer is obviously of course."

Feeling the smile stick to his face he gently grasped her hand, "The perfect wedding will come, but for me just being with you is perfect enough."

"...and here I am being sappy again."

His cheeks flushed as he realized the words he said as he gave a small fake cough.