[PP-F1] Kill the Dreams <Blades of Dreams>

Hearing rumors seemed to be a recurring theme for the noirette as she stepped into the plaza of the Starting City. She was searching for signs. More specifically a sign pointing towards the location of a certain custom weapons shop. Rumor entails that the shop is owned by a young, bold, NPC named Sai that will craft you a sword with one enhancement should you provide her the correct materials. A sigh escaped Lancelot as she realized that she couldn't make heads or tails of the shops location. Tempted to just roam the streets until she stumbled upon it by pure chance, she thought of a better idea. Opening her Friend's List, she shuffled through until she stopped on the name of a player she had spoken to since the wolves incident. I wonder if Jomei knows anything about the quest? Doesn't hurt to ask I guess. Selecting his name, she opted to send a message.

To: Jomei

Subject: Blade of Dreams?

Hey Jomei! It's certainly been a while friend. i was wondering if you had any clue about the location of a certain NPC shop? Mind meeting me in the plaza of floor one? Let me know soon! :p

Jomei was sitting on the Second Floor outside of his shop. A light Irish melody filled the air as it was plucked on the strings of his lute. His eyes were closed as he focused on the movements of his fingers and the sounds he was creating. He opened his eyes and was surprised to see he was gaining some attention from some of the passerby's.. it was nothing major, just maybe a smile or maybe somebody stopping to listen for a moment. At one point, a child even ran from their guardian's grasp and began to dance to his music. Jomei laughed at the crowds no matter what they were doing. Suddenly, his music was interrupted by a 'ping' noise, and Jomei stopped his music. "Huh, I didn't make that sound.." He looked up to see there was a small letter icon in front of him, indicating someone had sent him a private message. He moved his lute from his lap to the ground next to him, and then brought up his hand to open the message.

To: Jomei

Subject: Blade of Dreams?

Hey Jomei! It's certainly been a while friend. i was wondering if you had any clue about the location of a certain NPC shop? Mind meeting me in the plaza of floor one? Let me know soon!  :P

Jomei smirked when he saw who the message was from. He had not seen his friend Lancelot for a long time, since he had attempted to rescue her in the forest from a pack of dire wolves.. only to be shown up by a merry band of higher level players. He chuckled as he sent out a reply to the girl,

To: Lancelot

Subject: RE: Blade of Dreams?

Definitely been awhile! I would be more than happy to help you in your search for it. Ill come meet you on Floor One now.

Jomei scratched at the hair on his chin, "Blade of Dreams.. wonder if thats the shop name.." Jomei opened his inventory and placed his lute back into there. He then stood up and stretched his back, making his way towards the warp gate on this floor. 

Once he made it to the teleported, he stepped up on the platform holding the ring.

"Warp Floor One!" and Jomei vanished in a flash of blue light.

Jomei opened his eyes to find himself, once again, in the familiar square in The Starter City. He stepped off the platform and took a quick look around trying to find his friend. 

Only a few minutes had passed before she had received a reply. Eager to see me a again eh?  She grinned as she skimmed the text. His message confirmed his appearance would be ensured shortly. Rather than waste more time searching for the shop, she decided to hang around the plaza until he appeared. Things should go a lot smoother once he gets here. Maybe he will help me collect the materials as well. Though he's not obligated to. Plus, I'd hate to seem needy or helpless. Sitting down on a nearby bench, she decided to research the professions until Jomei arrived. That would be her next big quest to tackle.

The plaza of The Starting City was almost always bustling with players. Finding someone in the crowds are usually pretty tough. Lucky for Jomei, he was able to spot the familiar face sitting on a bench as part of a crowd cleared ahead of him. Now seeing Lancelot, Jomei weaved through crowds of people to approach his friend from the side.

"Oy, Lancelot" Jomei gave the girl a slight wave and a smile, it really had been awhile since he had seen her.

"So, what kind of shop are you looking for?"

"Heyo!" exclaimed the girl, as Jomei waved and neared the bench. Standing up, she met him halfway to answer his question. "I'll be honest, I haven't the slightest clue what the name of the shop is. I just know that it is ran by a young NPC named Sai and that she hands out a quest that allows you to collect a few materials for her to make you a sword with the enhancement of your choice." Running a hand through her hair, she pursed her lips in thought before speaking again. "Judging by your question, you probably don't know where the shop is huh?" Not that her guess was any better. She figued if nothing else, they could always go with Plan B. 

.. Jomei stood silent for a minute after Lancelot assumed he did not know where the shop was. He scratched at the back of his head and laughed pathetically. "S-Sai? a-hehe.. not in the slightest.." his light laugh turned into a frown as he drooped his head, "Sorry." He stood up straight again and looked around the plaza, to see if he could gain any leads to where this blacksmith's shop may be located. Jomei thought about how large this starting city was, and how many shops, both player and NPC run, occupied the floor. He lifted his fist to his mouth and gently bit the knuckle of his index finger, thinking. He snapped his finger and his eyes lit up a bit when he had thought of an idea, "Wait! I know what might help." He puckered his lips and picked his chin up towards the sky, making a sharp whistle noise. From what seemed to come from an adjacent rooftop, a black silhouette swooped down to meet the two, perching on Jomei's shoulder. The figure turned out to be a small, brown owl. It cocked its head as it looked at Jomei and Lancelot. He laughed lightly at the sight of his familiar, "I still need to get used to knowing you're around, lass" he then turned to Lancelot, "This is my familiar, Adere. We could easily get a birds eye view around the city as we search the ground. ," he gave her a wide grin. 

((OOC: My familiar doesn't give any perks to LD, if thats how we are going to find the shop. Im just saying it might help for RP purposes))

Lancelot listened as Jomei apologized and started to smirk a bit as he became lost in thought. Taking her chance, she lightly patted him on the shoulder and smiled. "No worries friend. We'll find her soon enough." As she turned to gaze at the hanging signs, Jomei whistled into the air. Confused at first, Lance realized that he had called for the owl that had just swooped down and landed on his shoulder. Her eyes lit up at the adorable bird. She wanted to pet it but thought better of it.

She then nodded as Jomei offered another option for them which would probably make things easier for them. "Sounds like a plan. Send Adere off and we'll search on foot." Stepping in a completely random direction, the noirette took off down the street. She casually glanced over her shoulder, her eyes beckoning for Jomei to follow.

Jomei brought his opposite arm up to pet Adere on the head with a light smile. He turned to Lancelot and nodded to her, turning back to Adere, he spoke softly to the owl, "You got that girl?"  The owl then spread its small wings and began to flap them. She hovered up higher and higher into the air before swooping off to assist in finding this shop. Jomei turned back to Lancelot to see she had already taken a few steps in a direction she had chosen, and with a few large steps, Jomei was able to catch up to her position. 

The two began to walk through the streets of The Starter City, their eyes gazing at the signs of different buildings, looking for this NPC blacksmith named Sai. Looking over his shoulder briefly, Jomei addressed Lancelot, "You mentioned some sort of a quest from this Sai? Where did you hear about it?" he looked back towards where they walked from to make sure that he did not accidentally miss the shop while talking to his friend. 

She felt Jomei's presence as he caught up to her. They quaintly traveled down the brick riddled road. Scanning each and every sign as they passed shop after shop.Amidst their search, Jomei inquired about the where Lancelot had heard the information. "Well I over heard it from a lousy information broker. He charged the poor guy 500 col for the very information I have. I wonder if that fellow had better luck than myself? That aside, why do you ask?" She continued to look ahead as they searched for the elusive shop. Suddenly, a peculiar forge caught her eye. Tucked down an alleyway, the sign above read "...Sai's Customs Weapons Shop. Jomei look over there!" She pointed down the alley and grabbed Jomei's arm as she pulled him along.

(OOC: If it becomes to g-modding let me know or if you'd prefer a different course of action let me know :P)

((OOC: I have no problem with finding it like that!))

Lancelot asked Jomei why he cared about where she found the information about the quest. Jomei shrugged his shoulders, despite the fact that she was probably looking the other way and didnt see it, "We probably could use that as a lead. Maybe find out where the quest originates from and-" Jomei was cut off from his words as he heard Lancelot mumbling something. He looked over his shoulder to see she was no longer following him and looking down an alleyway. As Jomei stopped walking, Lancelot quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him towards a shop that happened to be in said alleyway. While trying to keep himself from falling over, Jomei got a good enough look at the sign to see it was most likely the place they were looking for. "Well that was easy" Jomei's eyes were wide, blinking them in surprise. Before the two got to the door, he made another sharp whistle to call Adere back to his shoulder and call off the search. 

Hearing he owl swoop back down from the skies, Lancelot waited for it to get comfortable before pushing the door open. The shop smelled of soot and metals as they entered the main lobby. A few armors and weapons lined the racks and walls here and there. Lancelot was surprised to see such variety, even more so by the appearance of the NPC behind the counter. She was shorter than Lance and even more so she was younger. Stepping to the counter, Lance spoke up. "Hello Sai. My name is Lancelot and this is Jomei, " she said gesturing to the guy she still held by the arm. Her cheeks turning a slight red she released her grip on him and clasped her hands together. "Rumor has it you can craft a weapon of our choice correct?"

The girl smiled before answering. "Yes I can. What are you wanting?" Lancelot didn't hesitate as she informed the girl of her need. "I want a sabre (OHCS) called the Bakuzan Koryu with +1 Damage. Is that something you can do?" The teenage smith paused and thought. Grinning she replied. "Certainly. As you know I require some materials to be obtained for me to create these items. I need you to collect 2 <Boar Tusk(s)>. Bring me those and I'll craft your sabre."

Nodding to the girl, Lance thanked her and turned to Jomei. "I assume you heard that? I f so, my next question is do you mind helping me collect those materials? These materials are combat only and I'm not much stronger than what I was back then."

Jomei followed Lancelot through the doors as she opened them. The smell immediately hit Jomei and he raised an eyebrow, it was an interesting smell.. a little bit different than other forges he has been to, but then again, what did he know.. he played music. He gazed at the weapons and armor on the walls with eyes of wonder, knowing he himself needed an upgrade very soon. Once they reached the counter, Jomei realized that he was towering over her, he must have looked like a giant to the NPC.. who also probably was not phased since she was.. you know, an NPC. As Lancelot introduced herself, as well as Jomei, he raised his hand and smiled, "Hello there" he said softly. He did not even realize Lancelot was still holding on to his arm, let alone the blush that came across her cheeks as she pulled away. He was too busy with his short greeting to have noticed. He listened to the two talk back and forth about the weapon Lancelot wanted and what we needed to craft such a thing. When she turned back to him, she asked if he heard what they needed and if he would help her with collecting the materials needed. Jomei chuckled at the girl when she asked, "Hah, of course I will." Those were his morals, after all ,to help his friends and anyone else who needed it. 

A grin found its way to her lips as Jomei accepted her request to go material collecting. Stepping away from the counter, Lance headed for the door. Since he said he would help, she didn't bother dragging the ginger by the arm this time around as the bell chimed signaling her exit. She paused for a moment to look both ways as she tried to remember what direction she had come from. Settling on the left, she marched down the cobbled road. Small pebbles kicking up in her wake as he rounded the corner that lead back tot he plaza. She quickly looked over her shoulder to make sure Jomei was still in fact keeping up. She assumed so as she caught glimpses of his feathered companion here and there. 

Picking up the pace, she broke right and headed for the main exit. Outside awaited her materials and death of a few boars.

Jomei followed the girl out the door of the shop, giving Sai a quick smile and wave, thanking her for her help. As he turned around to look down the alley they came from, he noticed Lancelot had already made her way back to the the main road. {She's really in a hurry to get this weapon huh..} he smirked and picked up his own pace to catch up to her as she tried to decide which was the direction of the city gates. Once she decided on their destination, the two began walking down the stony path. "You know, I've never even known of this quest before.. or else I would have done it. I got lucky and had my first sword gifted to me" he decided to try and make conversation while they were still on their way out of the city. 

Upon reaching the gates, Jomei lifted his hand opening up his inventory. He scrolled through a short list until he came to his Summerthorn rapier. He equipped the item, the sword materializing onto his wast, rattling in its sheath as it settled into place. "So two boar's tusks huh? That shouldn't be too hard." 

"A free sword? Lucky. Though if it were me I still wouldn't have taken it. Too much pride my friends would say. But I digress." As they approached, the gates, Lancelot noticed Jomei equip quite a nice rapier. "Is that it? The free sword I mean? It looks pretty neat." Her gaze glossing over the handle and hilt as it wiggled on his waist. Averting her gaze to the field ahead, she stepped forward sighed. "Well either this is going to be nice and easy, or I'm going to find a way to embarrass myself haha. Either way, let's make it quick. I have a sword to obtain and quests to finish."

She quickly glanced at Jomei, before taking another step and entering the field. Her sights quickly homed in a boar that had just spawned a few yards up. Her menu quickly appeared and disappeared as her sabre materialized. Lunging forward, she initiated combat with the beast and aimed to take it down. Her sabre cut through the wind. Whistling as it descended into the back of the boar causing it to yelp as it turned around. Enraged, the tusked pig pawed the ground. Snorting and flaring it's nostrils as it prepared to attack the much weaker girl.

[23990] BD: 7

MD: (Will attack next turn.)

[H:1] Lancelot 19/19

[H:0] Jomei 48/48

Boar 1: 22/24 (-2)

Base Damage 2

Jomei chuckled lightly at her comment about pride and not accepting a give away, "Yeah.. normally I would agree with you. Its not as rewarding being given something like that.." he lifted his arms, shrugging his shoulders as he walked, ".. but when a boar almost kills you because of it.. you think differently." When Lancelot commented about his sword, he smiled. Grabbing the sword by the handle, he slowly unsheathed the weapon. As the sound of scraping metal came from the blade, the silver sword gave off a light gold gleam. Holding the sword in front of him, he turned it, as if observing its handiwork, "Aye, this is it. Definitely kept me alive thus far." He put the sword back in its home, sighing, "But sadly, times change and I'm in need of something a bit stronger.. Thats why I'm having a new one crafted for me now." He opened his HUD with a lift of his hand, scrolling past his inbox to see if he had received a message from Meokka about it, "Hopefully I can get my hands on it soon." He closed his HUD and turned to the girl as she stepped forward, nodding as she shared a glance with him. The two began their trek into the wild fields surrounding The Starter City. 

Almost immediately, Lancelot pinpointed a boar and initiated an attack. Jomei gave a quick glance at Adere, who was on his shoulder. With a light nod, she jumped off of his shoulder and swooped into the air to provide a bird's eye view for Jomei in this fight. He ran forward, following in Lancelot's step, pulling his rapier out of the sheath once again. As Jomei saw her weapon materialize, she thrusted it forward into the boar. Jomei sidestepped past Lancelot with his own rapier at the ready. As he thrusted his sword forward, he activated his sword skill. The now gold sword pierced through the boar's body, but seemed to pierce it multiple times as an array of similarly colored lights passed through the beast's body.  

ID:24013

BD: 9 (+2)(+1) = 11

DMG: 7(+1)

[H:2] Jomei 48/48

Boar 1: 14/24 (-8)

Base Damage 2

The grip tightened on her sabre. Her eyes focused solely on the boar. As such, her tunnel vision surprised her as a quickened blur of gold and orange surged passed her smashing into the boar. Blinking a few times, she realized that it was in fact Jomei landing a critical hit on the Mob before them. A small grin came across her face as she returned her focus to the now gutted boar. Squeals and short pants racked the boar as it went stampeding towards Jomei. Lancelot feared for her friend, but worried not as he easily side-stepped the attack allowing Lancelot a solid opening at a counter attack. Moving forward on instinct alone, she brought her sabre down on the beast only to have it deflected by it's massive tusks. Jumping back she nodded for Jomei to strike again.

[24273] BD: 4

MD: 0 (1-2)

[H:2] Jomei 48/48

Boar 1: 14/24 (-0)

Base Damage 2

Jomei's dislodged his sword from the beast and stepped backwards. As he did so, the boar decided to retaliate, charging at Jomei while he was still stepping back. Thinking quickly Jomei pushed off of his back foot which hit the ground first and pushed himself off to the side to avoid the boar's large tusks. He landed with a huff of his breath, it was a close call from the small beast. He turned to see Lancelot, going to intercept the boar's motions with her own attack. Sadly, the boar thought quickly, and was able to block her attack with its own sharp tusks. When Jomei caught the nod from Lance to attack again, he spun his sword and sprung into action. He ran forward at the boar, who's attention was now turned back to Jomei. As he got within striking range, Jomei brought his sword upward in a diagonal slash. As he did this, the boar stepped to the side, avoiding his attack. Jomei watched at the boar side step his attack and close his eyes momentarily. Upon opening them again, the pupils of his eyes seemed to show yellow crosshairs flicker around them, signifying he activated his <Concentration> skill. Jomei then spun his hand, turning his sword downward, and slashed the sword into the boar. 

After his attack, Jomei quickly turned to Lancelot, "You need the reward from this, so finish it off. Ill try and just play support and keep it off of you.."

ID: 24738

BD: 2 (+2)(+1) (Concentration Activated +1) = 6

DMG: 7

[H:3] Jomei 48/48

Boar 1: 7/24 (-7)

Base Damage 2

As Jomei landed yet another strike against the Mob, Lancelot sighed. He was certainly doing all the work. This was a sad fact for the raven haired girl as she prepared for her strike. The boar seemed to get some pep in it's step as it rammed into Jomei. As his health trickled lower, Lance focused on what Jomei had shouted out before being impaled by the Mob"While I appreciate the gesture Jomei, I don't deal enough damage sadly. I foresee the final hit landing upon you." This wouldn't deter her though. Pressing forth, she lunged at the beast with her saber extended to her side. Dashing across the grassy field, she brought her blade down along the side of the boar's face. He saber cutting through the tusk that had seamlessly deflected her previous attack only moments before. Looking towards Jomei, a smile parted her lips as she jumped back to allow him to strike.

[24920] BD: 9 Crit

MD: 8 (10-2) Crit

[H:3] Lancelot 19/19

[H:3] Jomei 44/48 (-4) [2+2-1]

Boar 1: 4/24 (-3)

Base Damage 2

The boar quickly changed course and jumped back towards Jomei. As it tackled into him, one of its tusks slightly pierced Jomei in the side. Jomei grunted and grabbed the beast by the tusks, pushing them off of him so he could get out of the way. When Lancelot mentioned she would not be able to kill it due to how little damage she did, Jomei chuckled, "Well then.. if thats the case," then he sheathed his rapier. Once the hilt clicked against the opening to the scabbard, he took a deep breath. As he exhaled, he brought up his fists and took a fighter's stance. He looked over to Lancelot with a smirk, "This way, ill still be able to help knock down its HP without killing it." Jomei may not have been the best at it, but he was a user of the <Martial Arts> skill from time to time.. he definitely felt it would get him out of a pinch sometimes. 

His gaze went back to the boar, and he taunted it by smirking and gesturing at it with his fingers to 'bring it.' As the enraged beast took a step towards Jomei, he took one large step before bringing up his back leg, kicking the boar in the face with much force. It knocked the beast over on the side and Jomei brought his leg back down. "Alright, do it!" Jomei called back to his raven haired friend. 

ID: 24930

BD: 7(+3) = 10

DMG: 2 

[H:3] Lancelot 19/19

[H:4] Jomei 44/48 

Boar 1: 2/24 (-2)

Base Damage 2