[PP-F3] The 3rd Date <hunt for the Hoya> (Clarence)

Lowenthal woke in the morning, still snuggling Clarence. Lowenthal quietly removed himself from the bed, not waking Clarence. Lowenthal stretched, and did a small groan as his muscles loosened from being still the entire night. He looked over, and noticed that the fire was still going, and in front of it was Ninken. Lowenthal sat down, and started petting his dog. Lowenthal sighed. "I don't want to leave him,but we can't just stay by each other forever can we?" Lowenthal asked his pug. In response his pug, ruffled a bit and woke up. ninken did a small stretch and rolled over onto his back, exposing his belly for the rubs. "I didn't think so." Lowenthal chuckled and rubbed his dogs belly for a few minutes. Lowenthal stood up, and looked back over to the bed. He smiled warmly, and quietly tried to leave the room.

After making his way down stairs a small elderly woman was sitting at the table. "Oh no, not her again." Lowenthal said, rubbing his temples. "No harm in seeing what she wants this time." Lowenthal said to Ninken, as he approached the old woman. As he sat down across from her, he instantly reconized the NPC. It was the same NPC from the quests where he got Ninken, and later when she collapsed in the desert. As he locked eyes, a quest notification appeared. <Quest for the Hoya> "The hell's a Hoya? Ah, whatever." Lowenthal said as he accepted the quest anyway. Almost instantly the woman sprang to life, making Lowenthal jump slightly in place.

"Oh, it's you again. A pleasure it is to see you dearie." The Old Woman spoke softly. "I've heard something special, and I was just looking for you. Figured it might be worth your time." Lowenthal was wary of the Old Woman's hands. more than a few times was he the victim of her monster like grip. "Alright then. Let's hear it." Lowenthal responded, getting better with the NPC voice recognition.

The Old Woman spoke in a hushed tone. "There was a book I read, that contained a small legend. A legend of a great artifact. The Hoya." Lowenthal leaned onto the table, curious. "The Hoya is supposedly in the ancient maze, within the Forest of Wavering Mist there lies a temple. And that temple is named "King Minos. Now then the legend states that....." Lowenthal began to space out. He didn't understand why the quests had to have so much backstory. They just gave him a location for him to follow a waypoint to. Mobs for him to slay. And a reward to collect. Lowenthal snapped back to attention. "And that's why it's called the 'Hyoa'. Now inside the maze, there are supposedly two minotaurs. Which patrol the maze." The old woman finally stopped talking. Lowenthal said a quick prayer to whatever god was listening or the one that caused her silence. Lowenthal thanked the NPC, and removed himself from her table. The old woman waved at him, and Lowenthal returned to the room where Clarence was still sleeping.

Lowenthal sat down in the chair next to the window, and began to stare out the window. He let Clarence rest. The quest didn't have a time limit, so he wanted to let Clarence sleep in a bit. The snow had began to fall again, but it didn't matter to Lowenthal. The quest stated that he needed to be on the third floor, and seeing as he was on the fourth he didn't care much about the weather, or if it would worsen. No, instead he walked over to the bed and Kissed Clarence on his forehead. "C'mon. Time to wake up. Adventure awaits." Lowenthal said, trying to wake his boo.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence felt lips press against his forehead and realized something, he was awake. Clarence grumbled slightly and slowly sat up, smiling at Lowenthal with a tired smile. "Morning Babe." Clarence said in that really tired guy voice. Clarence slowly got up and stretched, looking pretty bad for just waking up. Clarence didn't realize he looked bad and slowly got up to use the bathroom. Clarence sighed and looked at the mirror and stared horrified and what he saw. "Oh lord." Clarence said.

10 Minutes Later

A okay Clarence walked out and blushed, knowing what he looked like. "I am so sorry for how I looked before." Clarence laughed lightly and gave Lowenthal a peck on the check, smiling brightly. "Also, I heard you say adventuring, what is it today?" Clarence smiled and wondered what they could do. {Don't really know many quests. Should be fun to find one to do. } Clarence thought and saw Noot was waddling over to him. "And how are you today Mr. Adorable! Clarence smiled and hugged Noot tightly.

Lowenthal smiled as Clarence woke, and sat up in bed. Lowenthal giggled as Clarence's hair made him look like an anime character. Clarence yawned, and said good morning. "Good morning sleepy." Lowenthal chuckled. "Go look in the mirror." Lowenthal said, trying to contain laughter. Lowenthal couldn't help himself when Clarence instantly 'woke' up and ran into the bathroom. Lowenthal had calmed down to the point where words could be spoken, and gently tapped on the door. "Take your time. I'm in no rush." Lowenthal said, talking through the door. Waiting for Clarence, Lowenthal bounced on the bed. Shame that there wasn't a tv, or a newspaper to read. Lowenthal was surprised, he never actually was interested in the news before. But now all he could think about, other than Clarence, was what was happening in Aincrad. He sighed and flopped onto his back. That was when Clarence walked out of the bathroom, looking more like his normal self. Lowenthal smiled, as Clarence kissed his cheek. "It's fine boo. I'm sure everyone has their days." He said, giggling. "And as for the adventure, I met an old acquaintance who gave me, this." Lowenthal smiled, as he pulled out a small piece of parchment. "It's supposedly a map for a maze. And in the center of the maze is a 'Hoya' of sorts. Whatever that is." lowenthal said, explaining his plans for the day.

Clarence looked down at the parchment and instantly recognized the quest. "Oh! Search for the Hoya! i have done this quest before withmy friend Miaki. It is a lot of fun, just really annoying because of mazes and such." Clarence said and looked at the maze, it seeming different than the last time he wen ton it. "It must change or sometinhg. Looks different than when I did it. oh well. I have a feeling that is what we are doing today?" Clarence asked happily and smiled at Lowenthal, looking up slightly. Clarence stared at Lowenthal for a second before kissing him. Clarence leaned into the kiss lightly and smiled, pulling away after a bit. "Better good morning kiss." Clarence said and leaned against Lowenthal's shoulder before moving to the bed, grabing up a bag he placed on the ground before he went to bed. "My Mats bag." Clarence said and placed in into his inventory. Clarence looked through his items and also put on his Emerald gem Necklace, adjusting it to be center with his body. "Well, I am ready to go. But, where is Noot."Clarence said and looked around. Noot slowly waddled out of the bathroom and bumped into Lowenthal's leg while he walked. Noot Nooted at Lowenthal happily and moved over ot Clarence. clarence smiled and picked up the Familiar and looked around, Ninken on the bed. "Well, seems like us four are ready." clarence smiled and placed Noot on his shoulder, going for the door. {I wonder how this quest will go. Probably pretty easy but you never know. Got my nice Dagger and Coat so that is good. Can finally get some good damage going, just need to raise my Dagger skill. It is going to take a bit. } Clarence thought to himself and ready his clothes too, adjusting straps on his clothes and looking around the room. "Ready when ever you are."

Lowenthal stood up as Clarence stated that he'd been on the quest before. "OH? You have already? Neat." lowenthal said, sounding slightly defeated. Lowenthal wanted to have a 'unique' date, but it seemed that Clarence had done this quest before. Silver lining, he'd know the area better than Lowenthal. So that would mean that the quest would go over well, hopefully. Lowenthal shook his head, to clear his head. He felt Clarence wrap his arms around his waist and pull him into a kiss. Lowenthal kissed him back, enjoying the moment. As Clarence pulled away, Lowenthal smiled and agreed. "Much better morning kiss. Indeed." Lowenthal said, smiling warmly at Clarence. Lowenthal let Clarence get ready, and did a sharp whistle. Ninken perked up and came rushing to Lowenthal's feet. "Alright, let's get going Boo." Lowenthal said, walking out the door of the hotel room, and made his way outside.

"Okay babe." Clarence smiled and followed him out of the Hotel. They entered the Third Floor air and Clarence smiled, it being a very peaceful day. Clarence grasped Lowenthal's hand and smiled a little, keeping him in his grasp."So, Dillion. How did you sleep?" Clarence asked Lowenthal and looked over at the man. {I was not expecting him to tell me his real name. But it was a sweet gesture, it helps reassure that he really does like me } Clarence thought and blushed a little to himself."Because, as you saw, I was pretty out of it. I went to bed fast and stayed asleep. But, it might have had something to do with the great guy cuddling up behind me." Clarence smiled and squeezed Lowenthal's hand a bit.

Lowenthal smiled at Clarence. "I slept wonderfully. Better than I have ever since getting stuck in the game." Lowenthal admitted. The first thing he did was get his shop, so he had a safe place to sleep. And the bed there, unless he spent his hard earned Col on upgrading the bed, was very uncomfortable. Lowenthal chuckled, at Clarence's comment. "Oh was that the reason?" Lowenthal said, walking backwards so he could look at Clarence. "I find that doubtful, I bet you wake up looking like a sexy thing all the time." Lowenthal said, laughing. "I'm only kidding. I'm sure you wake up like a normal sexy thing often." Lowenthal said, smiling.

"Well thank you from the compliment. But, I am usually a horrible sleeper." Clarence sighed and smiled at Lowenthal. {He is so nice. And pretty sweet. And don't even get me started on his looks } Clarence thought and blushed lightly. "Sleeping with you really helped that though. It was nice cuddling with you, and you waking me up made me smile." Clarence looked up into Lowenthal's eyes and smiled, Clarence's eyes warm and his face a mask of truth."Knowing you wont leave me like Skylar makes me happy to know." Clarence frowned lightly and looked away, still hurt over what Skylar did to him. "Anyways. We should be there in a bit." Clarence turned back, trying to act in a happier mood.

Lowenthal turned back around, walking forward. "Well, I im to please." Lowenthal said, smiling. He stopped walking when Clarence brought up Skylar. "Look, I will never leave you like that. And I don't that, I'll ever leave you. You bustling thing of man." Lowenthal said, kissing Clarence deeply. Lowenthal pressed his body into Clarence's, wrapping his arms around his waist. "And besides." Lowenthal started. "I think I might be falling for you." Lowenthal, said blushing like an idiot. "Anyway, like you said. We're almost there." He said, noticing  large entrance which had to be to entrance to the maze.

"Wow, you are a great kisser." Clarence mumbled and blushed extremely bright."And trust. You are not the only one falling." Clarence winked at Lowenthal and walked up to the entrance of the maze. The ominous entrance was not something he wanted to deal with, but it was for Lowenthal. { Okay, me and Miaki went Left first. It took a bit but we got to the middle of the Maze pretty easily } Clarence thought back to those days and Clarence tried to map out their path."I'm really hoping that maze map gives up a correct route." Clarence hoped, drawing a blank on what path they took the last time he was here,

Lowenthal took a few steps into the labyrinth. Past the entrance there was two paths. One to the left, and to the right. Lowenthal looked down the left corridor first. "Well, what do you think?" Lowenthal said, still looking down the corridor. Lowenthal was good at mazes, so he was confident in being able to find the center. But with Clarence tagging along, how can they get lost? "And I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one." Lowenthal said.

Clarence walked over to Lowenthal and looked down the path, it looking similar to what it did before. "Well it is kind of Dark, thank the Lord for Night Vision." Clarence sighed and looked over at Lowenthal. Clarence stood on his tip toes and kissed Lowenthal on the cheek lightly."Oh Dillion. I was falling close to the start." Clarence smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the Maze's paths. {Okay, Left. Than I think it was two Rights and a Left. Yeah that was it. Please don't make me get Lowenthal lost. I would feel so bad } Clarence thought to himself and found and lit torch on the wall. He handed it to Lowenthal, thinking he didn't have Night Vision. "Even though you are hot enough. This can help you see." Clarence, even in the light of a fire, was blushing bright enough to see.

Lowenthal took the torch. "Thank you very kindly." He said, thanking Clarence for the light. "Night Vision huh? Sounds useful." Lowenthal said, having to squint into the darkness to see. Lowenthal let go of Clarence's hand and pulled out the map the old woman gave him. "Alright, there should be a turn 50 yards ahead, followed by a fork." Lowenthal quickly traced the maps lines in his mind. "And we should take a right at it as well." He said, putting the map away. Fishing it out of the darkness, Lowenthal gripped Clarence's hand again.

Clarence felt Lowenthal's hand grasp his and Clarence gripped back. "Well, I will lead the way." Clarence said with a smile and rounded the turn that Lowenthal said was going to be there. { Okay, now there will be a fork in the path and I take a right } Clarence thought and made his way over to the right wall, seeing the path slowly start to fork. "Well, we have got some time to kill. How is Dillion doing?" Clarence asked Lowenthal with a light smile. Clarence fell back to almost being right next to Lowenthal but not quite, to make sure he was still in front and able to see something coming from the darkness.

Lowenthal nodded. "No idea how Dillon is doing. I suppose he's somewhere in a hospital, hooked up to god knows how many machines." Lowenthal said. "But hey, I'm doing pretty good. Just taking a lovely stroll with my boyfriend, in a dark eerie tunnel that I can't see down." Lowenthal said, about to laugh. Instead, he quickly released Clarence's hand and drew his dagger. Lowenthal quickly doused the torch, encasing them both in darkness. Lowenthal couldn't see, but he knew that Clarence could. He grabbed Clarence, and pressed him against wall Lowenthal next to him. You hear that? Lowenthal whispered. That breathing? Wait here. Lowenthal said, slowly stepping away to the corner across from them.

Stealth Rating: 15 (10 base+4Skill+1 Darkness)

Enemy's LD: 5 (6-1 darkness) ID: 23682

Lowenthal peeked around the corner he was pressed into, and saw a bulking mass. It had to be a minotaur, but so early. Lowenthal knelt down and signaled Clarence to come over as well. The map said that this was where they needed to go, and there was a minotaur blocking the way. The minotaur's back was to them however, perhaps they could get a sneak attack in before the beast could react. Lowenthal peeked around the corner again, really wishing he had night vision. 

HP's

Lowenthal: 61/61

Clarence: 72/72

Minotaur: 24/24  4dmg

ID:23691
BD: 9 (5 Damage. Bleed).

Clarence was pushed up against the wall and spotted Lowenthal walking forward, trying to spy on the Minotaur, hopefully that i what it was. Clarence gave Lowenthal a quick look and noticed that Lowenthal looks very nice from the back. Clarence blushed brightly and shook his head, clearing his thoughts of sexual things. Clarence sighed and took a step forward, getting ready to attack."I'll take first attack. I have more HP." Clarence said and quickly turn to face Lowenthal. He drew Lowenthal into a kiss, wrapping his arms around his waist and kissing him deeply. Clarence smiled and pulled back. "Wish me luck." Clarence said and ran to battle. Clarence made the first strike and cut down the back of the Minotaur. Making it roar with anger and pain. It quickly turned and went to strike Clarence, but he was already out of range of the beast, pressed up against the wall. As Clarence commenced the battle, lights lit up around the room. "Hey, Lights on. No need for a torch."

HP's

Minotaur: 19/24  4dmg (Bleed for Two Turns).

Lowenthal accepted the kiss from Clarence. An odd thing to do before fighting a monster, but it was nice. After Clarence had attack the minotaur, Lowenthal quickly turned the corner and attack as well. The Minotaur was much larger in the light, then Lowenthal first guessed. It stood at ten feet tall, and was wide. "Damn. He's a big one." Lowenthal said, attacking. Lowenthal's attack sliced the knees of the Minotaur, causing it to roar in pain. "Tag, you're it~!" Lowenthal taunted, as he watched the Minotaur swing it's arms madly at the two men in the hall.

ID: 23702

BD: 8 (7+1) Keen +1 Acc next turn

MD: 4 (5-1) MIss

HP's

Lowenthal: 61/61 Hate: 1

Clarence: 72/72 Hate: 2

Minotaur: 8/24 -x( 9damage - 2bleed)

Bleed 1/2

ID:23713
BD: 7 (4 Damage).

Clarence smiled and was a little shocked on how much HP was dropped by 11 HP. "Dang. When did you get so strong." Clarence yelled to Lowenthal. the Beast had 8 Hp left and was quickly dropped another 2. Its health now at 6. {Okay. My attack should set it up pretty easily for Lowenthal to kill it. If I can hit of course } Clarence prepped himself for his next attack and went full force. Clarence gripped his dagger and slid under him, coming to the Back of the Minotaur again. Clarence jumped and sliced a long line across the beast's shoulder blades, causing 4 more HP drop. "Okay. your attack should kill it."

HP's

Lowenthal: 61/61 Hate: 1

Clarence: 72/72 Hate: 3

Minotaur: 2/24 (2 Bleed & 4 Damage) 

Bleed 2/2

Lowenthal saw the Minotaur, drop to it's knees. "Not a bad attack." Lowenthal walked up to the Minotaur, aiming to end it's virtual life. Lowenthal sliced the minotaur across it's face, and it dissipated into crystals. Revealing Clarence standing behind it. "Well, that was easy." Lowenthal said, thankful the lights had turned on. Lowenthal reached out and took Clarence's hand. "Let's keep moving." Lowenthal said, smiling.

ID: 23718

BD: 9 (8+1)

LD: 3

HP's

Minotaur: Dead

Clarence felt Lowenthal put his hand in his and Clarence smiled, gripping it lightly. Clarence folowed Lowenthal but saw as it slowly got darker and darker as they went down the corridors that Lowenthal was leading the pair through. Clarence activated <<Night Vision>> and looked around the corridors, noticing that Lowenthal was slowly going to have more trouble reading the map. "Would you want me to take the map Babe? You don't have Night Vision so it is going to be harder for you to see." Clarence asked him and looked up into his eyes. {Hope he doesn't feel insulted or something by me asking. not sure why he would though .. }