Status/Retalitory Effects and Mitigation

With the status and retaliatory effects available to players what rolls do they activate on? As I've been told it's the unmodified and the modified by various people.

In terms of effects I'm looking at Bleed, Paralysis, Thorns in particular but any others I have missed would be good to know about to. 

The other question I have leads on from this does Damage Mitigation come into play from the effects that deal damage?

Reasons behind asking, May be incorrect information as to the mechanics.

The reason I ask if that from what I've been told Thorns activates on a modified roll, but bleed is an unmodified roll.

Considering Paralysis potency that is an unmodified roll.

What you have in the spoiler is correct. Think of it this way, people would activate the powerful paralysis or bleed far too much to become somewhat OP if it was on modified (aside from that you cannot roll into a 9 or 10 using modifiers, this applies to activation of statuses and the like too).

Thorns on the other hand makes no sense if it was before modifiers. If for example I roll a 6 but your evasion makes me miss, why should I get damage for a retaliatory attack, when I never even hit you in the first place? Or if say your acc made your miss a hit, why for a normal hit are not getting hurt for it?

I realize though the enhancement guide is rather messy and staff have it on their to do list at some eventual point.

Okay that makes sense now that's cleared up but does mitigation come into play with these effects

For instance.

I roll a 6 BD so I hit you, Your thorns activates and would deal 2 damage to me. Does my Mitigation reduce that damage at all?