SP - F10 Descent Into Tartarus (Heavy Armor Grandmastering) (Completed)

Calrex appeared on the tenth floor in the Yomi settlement as he gave a small sigh. It was still fairly recently that he had completed his duel with Tristan, and gotten a taste of what an absolute defense looked like. The duel still brought a smile to his face, because even though he was constantly fighting a losing battle, it allowed him to grasp what it was he needed to work on, and realize what his build was truly oriented for.

"Heh, it's funny that I thought of this particular gear as one determined to match the occasion, because in the end that seems to be what happened. To some level I guess that's what bruiser's are. They don't excel particularly at attacking or defending, but are decent enough to be efficient at either, and help to fill in the gap between."

He gave another sigh as the Grand Chariot appeared around him as he started making his way out of the settlement, "In any case the main thing I'll need to build on are the skills I already have. Focusing first comes my sword and armor skills. I need to get those maxed before I worry about anything else. With that...what better place to 'forge' my defenses than with a descent into that prison called Tartarus."

"Roc, come on out."

In a flash his blue peregrine falcon appeared and hovered overhead, "We're going to be taking a pretty dangerous trip. If things get hairy don't wait up for me. Dematerialize and I'll meet you back here."

The falcon appeared to give a nod while in mid flight before disappearing.

"Alright, let's do this."

As Calrex continued to make his way away from the settlement he pulled up the map of the charted areas of the tenth floor, making the location he was heading towards on the map. Tartarus, an abandoned prison structure on the floor the was said to be home to many fearsome monsters, and even the usual dragon.

"Heh, a dragon on this floor. I guess depending on what kind of dragon we're referring to it would or would not make sense. The ninth floor is more suitable for the stereotypical dragon, but a treasure guarding or dark dragon would make sense for this place as well."

The thought of dragons triggered a familiar memory to him, one just after he became a member of the old Azure Brigade.

It was just after Ariel had accepted him and Teayre into the Azure Brigade that the two decided to try and go and check out a nearby lake on the fourth floor that was supposedly suitable for skating. Unfortunately, while they were on the way there an ice-type dragon had decided to interfere with their impromptu date.

This was one of the first times that he had worn the Grand Chariot armor in combat, back when he was still a novice in terms of wearing the armor. While it didn't hinder his movements, the weight of the gear still made it difficult for him to perform all of the advanced acrobatic maneuvers he was accustomed to while not wearing any protective equipment.

He looked forward as he gave a calming breath, seeing the worn down steel structures of Tartarus as he nodded to Roc, "Time to be on guard."

As Calrex and Roc drew closer to Tartarus he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, the exterior structures becoming see-through. While doing so he was also able to spy a few clusters of monsters waiting in ambush for any nearby players that had decided to make the foolish choice of making camp near the former prison's walls. He figured that some of these were more oriented towards those who had no choice but to remain in the fields, those deemed player-killers that were banned from entering the settlements.

"If these kinds of traps laid in wait, it's certainly looking more and more difficult to live life as a player-killer. To think that some people don't think that far...well, I guess it really depends on the person. Zelrius and Mari have proven so far that it is possible to get by as one. I might be just overthinking things..."

He gave a nod to Roc, who took off slowly into the prison's walls as Calrex slid his way inside through the least monster dense area. "But to think, if I do end up meeting Teayre's father...would I be so willing to let Teayre just rush in and deal the first strike? She's more than aware enough of the fact that if you are considered the attacker and end up killing your opponent that your status will be changed. If I had to make the choice I would likely goad him into attacking first..."

With a sigh he slid his way through another gate, ending up in the staircase area of Tartarus. With his <<Night Vision>> already active it was fairly easy to see his way around the structure. Looking down he saw the way to descend. As he did suddenly a roar erupted from below, a fairly familiar sound that reminded him once again of the dragon he and Teayre fought, "So...there is a dragon down there after all..."

As Calrex descended the staircase leading down towards the basement of Tartarus Roc slowly lowered his altitude above so that he could keep pace with his player companion. However he made sure to stay away from the walls of the fortress, aware of the creatures that lurked around each corner and corridor. Calrex gave a calming breath as yet another roar came from below, unlocking the Grand Blade from its sheath while still keeping it within the scabbard. "Going down into the lowers areas like this really reminds me of the time Oikawa and I decided to to a dungeon raid on the first floor, the Black Iron Palace."

The event Calrex was recalling was back during his earlier time spent more on the lower floors. After all that had happened, he felt he needed more training. Because of that reason he had incited Oikawa along for a training "retreat," where the two of them first fought a few mobs of boars in a race to see who were able to destroy the most monsters. Immediately following his teammate proposed the idea of heading to the dungeon beneath a nearby structure known as the Black Iron Palace.

During that time Calrex's armor and skill using it were improved from before, especially due to the fact during most of his early stages wearing the Grand Chariot coincided with his time refraining from using his sword. It was possible that his armor skill got accustomed to the flexibility required for Calrex to use his <<Martial Arts>> skill effectively. Nonetheless, that event was a marker for him as journeyman in the skill.

After descending yet another flight of the stairs Calrex gave a calming breath as he saw what appeared to be the end of a black fire, steeling his senses, "I must be close to this creature's lair..."

Descending a few more flights of stairs brought Calrex and Roc into what appeared to be the entrance to the monster's lair. Pieces of the structures that indicated where the prison's walls once stood were blown away with what appeared to be a powerful force that ripped through the stone as if it were paper. In addition to that, some remaining pieces of cloth were slowly being burned away by a black fire. It would almost impossible to discern in the darkness of the floor, but the <<Night Vision>> skill was proving useful in allowing Calrex to avoid the dark embers.

"A black fire outlined in white, certainly a strange appearance. I can only guess at what property it would have. Usually in other games darkness is representative on its own with a spell like Nosferatu or something that is life or health-stealing. Others it is a representation of gravity. Going by what I know of the mechanics of SAO it could be either of those or both for all I can suspect."

After pulling away a few tarps that seemed to block a entryway Calrex looked inside to his surprise. From what he could gather the dragon, or whatever beast that used the black fire he had seen, had blown it out of this entryway, as there appeared to be denser concentrations of the flames inside. However, the entire area seemed to be coated, or converted, into what looked to be obsidian, a hard and brittle stone what was completely black in appearance.

"Is this what that creature's breath does to the surrounding environment? If that's the case then the darkness property I'm assuming from other games might not apply to here."

"Roc, dematerialize for now. Once I get through here I'll summon you again."

His blue peregrine falcon familiar, which was hovering just behind him, quickly vanished in a flash of blue light upon receiving Calrex's command as the armored knight entered the dark stone passage.

As he went further and further into the passageway of obsidian Calrex gave a calming breath as he kept on alert, using his <<Reveal>> skill try and discern his location in relation to his environment. Even with <<Night Vision>> the reflective black surfaces seemed to almost function like a maze, making things blend together and overlap, creating illusions of routes that did and did not exist. In a way it was almost like having to navigate a complex and well-made hall of mirrors.

"This seems to go on without end. Exactly how far does this creature's breath attack travel? If this is the case I might need to keep my positioning close, because backing away with this kind of range on the attack would be foolish. Of course, in some ways I'll only know its full capabilities once I actually find the user..."

Pushing away a couple more tarps, Calrex recalled the time he was first starting out in Absolute Pin. He had only recently departed from the guild that his friend, Ariel, had founded, deciding to return to being a solo player. It was something he and Teayre had been discussing for some time, but those early days seemed good, especially when he got to meet some interesting characters.

The memories he recalled were of when he got first acquainted with his former guildmates Azazel and Meokka. Back then he had become even more skilled in the usage of his <<Martial Arts>> skill, to the point he seemed to rely on it more than his sword. Only once did he actually fully draw it in combat, due to his hesitation of possibility drawing out his cold persona. Of course the two were not made aware of this, as he kept it to himself for the most part.

Nonetheless, the powerful mitigation of the Grand Chariot seemed to grow as he began to wear it more like an expert. Rather than merely accepting the blow, he had developed the subtle nuances of slightly angling his body, using the smoothness and angles of the armor's forging to partially deflect the strength behind each connected strike so that he sustained even less damage than before.

Calrex looked back down fondly at the Ultramarine Badge that seemed to be fused with the Grand Chariot onto its chestplate as he kept moving forward, the passage seeming to open up as he emerged into what appeared to be a strange cavern, "This was underneath Tartarus? Just where did this creature originate from?"

Another roar, much louder and closer than before, erupted to the right of his position. He quickly reached back and grasped the Grand Blade, but as he tried to draw it he turned in surprise. It was a familiar sensation, one he had not experienced since he undertook the <Breaking the Unbreakable>> quest. As if on cue a screen appeared in front of him.

No weapons permitted in this area. Please exit should you wish to draw it.

Calrex gave a sigh as he swiped away the message, "Just like before...alright I'd best be careful. Looks like I've got no choice but to use my fists again..."

He made a few more swipes, preparing to equip the Grand Gauntlets, but as he pushed on them his eyes widened in surprise for a second as they did not appear. The message appeared once again in front of him as Calrex swiped it away, "So...when it said no weapons it meant even ones that aided unarmed damage. Literally I can only use my fists...great..."

The Grand Blade disappeared as the Amethyst Charm, normally meant to be attached to a sword, appeared wrapped around his wrist as Calrex gave a sigh, "This is going to be a rough fight..."

"Roc, it's more open in this area. Come on out."

His falcon reappeared in a flash of light, materializing as he flew out and up to get a good overhead view of the cavern. The entirety of the space seemed to be made up of the same black obsidian than Calrex had encountered in the passageway, the reflective dark stone creating a strangely beautiful sight that would probably only be really viewable by those who were not hindered by the darkness.

"A cave within a cave-themed floor...cave-ception for lack of better wording..."

Calrex kept his eyes locked on the area the roar came from as he slowly began to make his way downwards, descending step after crudely made step. While there were no actual stairs within the cavern, the layers of rock seemed to form large plateaus that he could walk across with ease. Occasionally there would be parts of the stone that may have had an air pocket inside or something else, but they would easily cave away under Calrex's weight, so he made to step carefully to make sure he didn't fall through anywhere. Roc assisted by gently pecking at certain areas of the rock, Calrex listening to the sound that emanated to determine if the area was reinforced or not.

After what felt like an hour of careful descent Calrex finally arrived at the base of the cavern as he gave a sigh of relief, "Alright, now that's taken care of, now to find this creature..."

As he heard the rumbling sounds of movement coming towards him Calrex slowly turned to see yet another much larger passageway behind him, and at the end of it was a almost indiscernable black creature, making its way towards him, "Well...that solves that mystery..."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he slid his left foot back, going into his <<Martial Arts>> stance as the rumbling grew louder and louder, the creature hastily making its way through the passage as it gave another roar. As it got closer the monster began to take shape, its enormous form revealing reflective black scaled skin, a long neck, and fairly slender body. Its claws were fairly long with little webbing between each toe. The muzzle of the face was elongated, with some of its lower set of teeth peeking out.

The dragon let out a roar as it looked down at its prey, Calrex seeming as small as a mouse in comparison to it. He gave a calming breath as he readied himself for combat. 
After bringing his cold persona under control Calrex had decided to switch back to using a sword as his primary weapon, focusing on honing his technique with it over his fists once again. However, he did not completely abandon using his <<Martial Arts>> skill. Instead he had opted to begin combining the techniques together into a relentless storm of blows when the opportunity presented itself. Of course, since he was no longer using the Grand Gauntlets his fists were no longer covered in the light blue aura chains, turning that particular series of attacks into streaks of blue and yellow.

However his defenses did not suffer from the change in fighting tactics. In fact he had become even more of a master at wielding it. Spending so much time wearing it in combat allowed him to become more and more accustomed to wearing it, to the point that there wasn't a notable difference between his casual clothing and the armor in terms of mobility. Even though he had oriented himself to be a bruiser build, his defenses alone had kept him alive through many battles, and was even enough to keep his friends out of danger.

ID: 23356
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

Not wasting time the dragon's mouth opened as black smoke began to exude from its mouth. Calrex was easily able to tell it was preparing its breath attack as he quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to make his way back towards the side. The breath attack activated as the white outlined black pillar of flame erupted from its mouth. As it began the dragon began to move its head around, almost like a firefighter would manipulate a hose pumping water. The contact point of the breath attack slowly shifted from the floor to the opposite wall as the monster tried to turn it towards Calrex. Luckily enough the attack ran out before it could make contact.

Calrex watched as the pillar of flame began to shrink before rushing in, his fists aglow with his <<Martial Arts>> skill as he leapt forward, targeting the dragon's head. As he got into striking range he unleashed a fierce series of blows across the right side of the dragon's head. However, as the attacks struck Calrex did make note of the fact the blows didn't push as far as they normally would, "The dragon scale, I guess even in SAO they decided to make their natural defense formidable."

HP List
Calrex: 91/91

Equipment:

Grand Chariot (+2 MIT / Thorns +1)

Amethyst Charm (+2 ACC / +1 EVA)

Ocean's Defense (+1 Skill Rank Heavy Armor / +1 LD)

HP: 91/91
DMG: 4
ACC: 3
EVA: 2
MIT: 7
Thorns: 1

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 56/60

Black Obsidian Dragon Stats:

HP: 60/60
DMG: 10
ACC: 0
EVA: 0
MIT: 1
Special Effects:
Gravity Breath: On a natural 9-10 the obsidian breath creates temporary crystals to form on the target, adding weight to them. This inflicts a -1 to the enemy's dice roll and giving a +1 to the dragon's roll for 2 turns. This effect stacks up to -3/+3 and resets the turns if the rolls immediately after also are criticals.

ID: 23409

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1

As the battle continued Calrex quickly maneuvered left and right as the dragon's tail swept left and right in and attempt to try and pin him to the wall. The scaly limb slammed into the wall a third time, which was when Calrex took advantage, leaping on top of it before kicking off, landing on one of the higher plateaus he had used to climb down. Unfortunately, as he landed it turned out the spot he had touched down on was hollowed out underneath, the brittle stone crumbling underneath, sending him partially through.

The dragon let out another roar as Calrex began to pull himself out of the rock, eventually making his way out after a few seconds, "Great...I probably could have taken advantage of that opening, but that landing wasn't exactly the best..."

As Roc continued to circle above Calrex kept watch of him to see if the falcon was pointing out any weak spots. At the same time the dragon turned to face Calrex, it's mouth open, preparing for another breath attack. However, as this happened Roc seemed to give a signal that the dragon's open mouth was a weak point.

"Oh...you've gotta be kidding me..."

HP List
Calrex: 91/91

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 56/60

ID: 23413

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn, Full Damage Dealt Due to Critical Hit)

Giving a calming breath Calrex steeled his senses before using his <<Sprint>> ability, leaping off of the platform as he began to make a rapid descent towards the dragon. As he fell his fists lit alight with the yellow glow of the <<Martial Arts>> skill as he brought both back, "I've got to make this strike count. If Roc's right then that opening won't stay safe for long, especially with its breath attack building."

Within a few seconds Calrex closed the distance to the dragon's agape mouth, quickly flying in. As he fell he saw that there was a strange "organ" within the creature's throat that seemed to be the channel for the breath. Bringing both fists forward he unleashed a barrage of blows at the piece of flesh, the rain of yellow lit blows slamming into it. However, at the same time the dragon let out a roar as its breath attack triggered, blowing Calrex and the dark flame out of its throat. Seeing the attack coming Calrex activated his <<Parry>> skill as he unleashed a rapid series of punches to counter some of the force of the attack.

Quickly throwing his body to the side Calrex managed to move out of the path of flame, the pillar of black fire slamming into one of the upper platforms. Rolling across the ground before kicking to his feet he turned to face the dragon, but as he took a step his eyes widened as he looked down at the Grand Chariot for a second. As if formed on the surface, there were small clusters black reflective crystals of obsidian that had appeared where the flame had made contact with his armor. His fists, which were constantly striking out at the flames in defense, were completely encapsulated in the stone. "So...that's its effect. I can't even open my hands right now."

Giving a few punches to the wall to confirm if he could break the stones to no avail Calrex gave a sigh as he readied himself for the dragon's next attack.

HP List
Calrex: 90/91 (+7 Mitigation) (Weight Level 1 2/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 51/60

ID: 23417

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2 / Weight +1) = 3

The dragon seemed to have taken the critical hit from Calrex just a few moments ago fairly badly. Black smoke sputtered from its mouth as it coughed a few times. Due to this it turned around and used its tail to attempt to attack the armored knight once again. As the tail came at him Calrex gave a calming breath as he ducked under it, watching the limb as it swung back around, leaping on top of it once again. However, this time instead of using it to get up to a higher platform he rushed along the length of it, reaching the base of the dragon's neck.

Upon arriving at where he was heading Calrex quickly brought his right arm back and delivered a powerful punch to the spot where the dragon's neck met its shoulders before leaping off, landing on the ground, "If I strike at its important parts of the body needed for it to move effectively it might give me an advantage, especially if I'm going to have to deal with that breath attack again..."

HP List
Calrex: 90/91 (Weight Level 1 1/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 48/60

ID: 23429

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +1) = 7

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2 / Weight +1) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

The dragon finally managed to recover from the critical blow as it turned to face Calrex, letting out a fierce roar with its mouth pointed directly at him. As the resounding noise came at him Calrex was forced to brace from the amount of pressure the roar created as he gave a calming breath, "Great...I don't think that's a technique it has, but it is certainly stunning for a sec..."

Before he could complete his thought he saw an incoming claw fly at him, but as he tried to move he felt the weight of the obsidian crystals once again as his movement was slowed. The attack scratched him, although only a little bit managed to make it through the Grand Chariot's defenses. However, this triggered the Thorns ability of the armor as the chains formed around the struck part before exploding, sending a barrage of shards at the dragon, enough to cause it to step back.

Calrex took advantage of the opening and rushed in. Upon coming into striking range of the creature Calrex heard small cracking sounds, as if the rock was beginning to fall away. Using his <<Acrobatics>> skill he quickly leapt up, kicking off of the base of the neck before throwing a punch to the dragon's front right leg, right where it connected to the body. After doing so he leapt back off, sliding a few paces upon landing on the ground.

HP List
Calrex: 87/91 (+7 Mitigation) (Weight Level 1 0/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 44/60 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 23459

Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage) (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn, Full Damage Dealt Due to Critical Hit)

As Calrex prepared to rush in once again he looked as the dragon's head snaked around to face him, black smoke already exuding from between its teeth, the breath attack already almost primed to fire. Calrex gritted his teeth as he used his <<Sprint>> ability to quickly close the distance, getting within feet of the creature's mouth before it opened, the black flame flying out.

"That strange part within its throat seems to be the only weak point I can find on it so far. I've got to take advantage of it every time it appears if I can."

He brought his arms up in a boxer's guard, activating his <<Parry>> ability as he braced for the attack, placing his left foot back, as if preparing for a sprint. As the pillar of flame came into striking range he unleashed a barrage of defensive punches. Strangely enough the black flame emanated no heat, but he disregarded that fact as he pressed his barrage. As he felt the impact starting to lessen he began making steps forward, maintaining his barrage. Eventually, when the flame fully died out Calrex used his <<Sprint>> skill immediately as he rushed into the slowly closing mouth. Upon reaching the strange channeling organ he flipped his body around and dealt a fierce drop kick to it.

The blow caused the dragon's mouth to open as it wailed in pain, the roar hurling Calrex back out as he slid across the ground. As he straightened his stance. He looked left and right on his armor, seeing that more of the obsidian crystals had appeared on his armor. Of course there were more encapsulating his fists again from the defensive barrage, "Great...here we go again..."

HP List
Calrex: 86/91 (+7 Mitigation) (Weight Level 1 2/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 39/60 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 23493

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy+3 / Weight +1) = 7

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2 / Weight +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Before the dragon could prepare another attack Calrex rushed in, using his <<Sprint>> skill to accelerate and close the distance. As he got into striking range he quickly unleashed a straight punch to the dragon's snout. His attack connected, but at the same time Calrex's eyes made note of the fact that black flames were already seeping out from between the monster's teeth. Another dragon breath was already prepared to be fired.

"Shoot! Bracing..."

It was too late for him to trigger his <<Parry>> skill, so Calrex quickly crossed his arms and braced for the attack as it flew out from the dragon's mouth. The pillar of fire slammed into him and picked him up, slamming Calrex into the wall a decent distance behind. As he made impact the dragon held its head so that the attack persisted until it ran out of air, stopping the attack. As it did Calrex slowly descended off of the wall, a good amount of the front of his armor now coated in the obsidian crystals. He tried dusting some of them off, but since it was an effect they remained fixed to the metal, "Great...now I'm even more weighed down..."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (+7 Mitigation) (Weight Level 2 2/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 36/60

ID: 23502

Battle Dice: 9(Accuracy +3 / Weight +2) = 10 (+1 Damage)

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2 / Weight +2) = 5

Following the powerful breath attack the dragon let out a roar as it rushed forward, planning to slash at Calrex with its front claws. As it got into striking range the creature reared up, both claws coming forward, the talons looking like a pair of falling leafless trees. However, as they came close Calrex quickly used his <<Sprint>> ability to dash forward, moving underneath the dragon as his eyes scanned around, "There has to be another weak point!"

As he continued running Roc made a quick pass underneath the dragon with the same goal in mind. The falcon gave a signal to Calrex, who quickly turned to see a black obsidian crystal right in the middle of the creature's chest area, "Is that another one?"

He quickly leapt upwards and thrust his fist forward, striking the crystal. While it appeared to look like obsidian, it was not brittle at all and seemed closer to a real crystal. The dragon let out a roar of pain as it began to move away from Calrex so that it could lock eyes on him once again.

"Alright, two weak points. One on the inside and one outside...I'll need to try and exploit those while I can. At least it seems like these crystals on me are starting to crack. Hopefully I'll be free soon."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (Weight Level 2 1/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 32/60

ID: 23620

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +2) = 3

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2 / Weight +2) = 5

After Calrex was able to strike the second weak point on the dragon the battle seemed to come to a clash, with neither side gaining an advantage on the other. The dragon made attempts to use all of its attacks to try and strike Calrex, delegating areas of the cave to attack with each limb. As Calrex rounded the back the creature's tail swung to try and strike him, but he quickly ducked into a slide, moving underneath.

Coming around the side and back towards the front he had just enough time to leapt before the dragon managed to catch him in its jaws. Leaping overhead he came back down, trying to strike the neck, but fell far from the mark as his fist slammed into the ground. However, as he pulled his fist out of the earth he looked to see that the obsidian crystals that were previously latched to his armor were turning into dust and falling away, "Finally...alright, time to take this thing out. I've got it almost in the yellow at half health, but it looks to still be some ways away from gaining victory."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (Weight Level 2 0/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 32/60

ID: 23630

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1

As the dragon attempted yet another swipe with its tail Calrex quickly leapt upwards using his <<Acrobatics>> skill, landing on the point where the tail met the body. Quickly dashing over to the nearest leg he did a quick leap before performing a front flip to an axe kick, coming down on the joint area of the particular leg. He could feel the scales take some of the impact, but the flesh underneath caved slightly from the blow. Kicking off of the limb Calrex leapt back, sliding a few paces away from the large monster.

"Alright, that's three of the legs. Hopefully that serves to slow it down."

Quickly ducking he dodged another slash of the dragon's front claws before giving a calming breath, keeping his eyes peeled for the outer crystal, "If that thing comes into my vision I'll need to try and strike it again."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91 (Weight Level 2 0/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 29/60

ID: 23674

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2) = 4

Calrex gave a quick exhale as he lowered his stance as the dragon's head came around, trying to snap him up in its jaws once again. As it got within a few feet he leapt upwards, leaping up and onto the dragon's snout before running back down the length, sliding down the neck. As he got back to the main body he focused on the last remaining joint he had not yet struck as he leapt up, coming down on it with a drop kick before kicking off, landing on the ground once again. There were a few points where the obsidian crystal came into view, but the window was so short that he was unable to close in and strike it before the neck snaked around, blocking an approach.

Calrex gave a couple of breaths as he glanced up to see Roc still circling above, "Just got to keep up the pressure for now. I can't any faster than I can now, so I need to focus on taking advantage of what I have and using my skills to their fullest."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 26/60

ID: 23696

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5

The dragon unleashed another roar as its tail whipped around, the appendage ripping a long crack in the wall as it dragged along, creating a loud rumble as the obsidian surroundings were shifted by the attack. Luckily enough the drag also slowed the actual attack, giving Calrex enough time to leap out of the way as he did a quick side roll, kicking back to his feet as he came around the full rotation. Immediately after doing so he used his <<Sprint>> skill to rush in, delivering a fierce punch to the dragon's neck, forming a kink in the length for a second.

This seemed to work effectively, as while it did not hit a weak point, it prevented the dragon from drawing in air to prepare another breath attack. Calrex quickly leapt back, doing a quick back handspring as he gave a calming breath, maintaining his focus, "The size of this dragon does make it seem like it doesn't normally fight in this environment, especially if that tail is any indicator. It has a very long and slender frame, closer to that of an oriental-designed dragon than the bulky medieval depictions. It makes it agile, but in this environment it seems to have difficulty navigating."

HP List
Calrex: 81/91

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 23/60

ID: 23700

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

The dragon rushed at Calrex once again as it quickly leapt forward, its head snapping forward like the end of a whip, the mouth agape and trained on the armored knight. Calrex quickly rushed forward and dodged the head, but as he did the front claws were already moving as one managed to scratch across his armor. This strike triggered the Thorns ability of the Grand Chariot as the aura chains surrounded the chest plate before exploding, sending shards at the oversized creature.

At the same time Calrex quickly turned and used his <<Sprint>> ability once again as he rushed forward and delivered a spinning hook kick to the dragon's side before kicking off, sliding back a few paces before giving a calming breath, "Alright, just keep this up and it should go down quickly." 

HP List
Calrex: 78/91 (+7 Mitigation)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 19/60