SP - F10 Descent Into Tartarus (Heavy Armor Grandmastering) (Completed)

ID: 23859

Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1

As the battle raged on the dragon had begun using its head and claws in tandem with each other more often to attack Calrex, the three limbs flying at him in a flurry of blows. Luckily enough he was small enough to easily evade them as each attack came, using his <<Sprint>> ability when needed to clear each strike as it passed. Eventually as the dragon pulled back to regain its bearings he rushed in, quickly leaping up and delivering a fierce kick to the end of the creature's snout, kicking off as the head jerked in surprise from the attack.

Landing back on the ground Calrex gave a calming breath as his eyes remained locked on the dragon, quickly gathering an idea of the current state of his surroundings. One side was partially collapsing from when the dragon had dragged its tail across it. With that he quickly rushed over and used his <<Acrobatics>> ability to leap up onto the next platform to try and gain the higher ground.

HP List
Calrex: 78/91

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 16/60

ID: 23860

Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (Thorns Activation)

Calrex leapt off of the platform as he brought his fist back, preparing to strike at the dragon. As he gave a calming breath to focus his eyes narrowed as he saw the black flames seeping out from the dragon's mouth once again, "Shoot, that breath attack charges really quickly! I've already dedicated my movement, so I can't change course now, but if I can land a hit..."

He quickly closed in on the dragon as he delivered a fierce straight punch to the dragon's snout once again. However, immediately following his strike the dragon opened its mouth as the black flame came roaring out, slamming into him. Calrex had just enough time to cross his arms into an X-guard before the pillar of fire hit, slamming him into the wall. Immediately following the attack's end Calrex saw obsidian crystal appearing on his armor once again, "Great, the weight's back. Let's see if I can stay mobile enough to keep it from getting worse."

HP List
Calrex: 73/91 (Weight Level 1 2/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 12/60

ID: 23935

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +2 / Weight +1) = 4

The dragon gave another loud roar, its head and neck moving left and right like some strange kind of pool noodle directed at the sky. The decibels of the roar seemed even louder than before, the dragon in the red zone of health after it dropped to less than a quarter of its health. Its eyes locked on Calrex as they flashed red for a second, much like other monster's would when Calrex gains their aggro when using his <<Howl>> skill.

"Well, that's certainly new. I'm guessing this might be some form of representing its enraged state? In any case I'd best be careful. I don't know if it does more damage now or becomes more agile. If so it's going to be tough putting this thing down for good."

He gave a calming breath before going back into his <<Martial Arts>> stance, preparing to attack once again.

HP List
Calrex: 73/91 (Weight Level 1 1/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 9/60

ID: 23936

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +1) = 6

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2 / Weight +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

Before Calrex had a chance to rush in his eyes caught sight of the dragon's head as he turned around to face him, not a second later firing yet another flame attack. He quickly crossed his arms once again, bracing against the pillar of black flame as it smashed into him once again. "Gh...another breath attack? I'll need to keep that in mind. If I ever see one of these creatures again I'm going to break that internal organ to make sure it can't use these attacks!"

As the attack came to an end Calrex lowered his arms, seeing that the front of the Grand Chariot was once again covered in the obsidian crystals as he gave a sigh. Some of the crystals had begun growing on the joints of the armor, making certain areas difficult to move. He gave a sigh as he looked back at the dragon, lowering his stance. He quickly rushed in, bringing up his elbow as he delivered a powerful spearhead elbow to the dragon's side before sliding underneath the dragon's body, "Try getting under here."

HP List
Calrex: 68/91 (Weight Level 2 2/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 6/60

ID: 23943

Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +2) = 5

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +2 / Weight +2) = 6 (Thorns Activation)

<<Parry>> Activated (Half Damage Until Next Turn)

As if in response to Calrex's thought the dragon did the simplest thing to keep Calrex from hiding underneath: It stepped a few paces forward, exposing him. Calrex gave a sigh to himself as he leapt up, attempting to strike the dragon in the chest. Unfortunately his strike fell short as the dragon brought a claw back, swinging it forward in an attempt to cut through him.

Calrex quickly twisted his body to dodge most of the blow, although one of the talons did manage to graze his armor, triggering the Thorns once again. The chains loosely surrounded the struck area before exploding, pelting the dragon once again with shards as Calrex landed back on the ground, his eyes focused once again on his target.

HP List
Calrex: 67/91 (Weight Level 2 1/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 5/60 (+1 Thorns)

ID: 23944

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Weight +2) = 9

Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2 / Weight +2) = 1

"Alright, focus. I need to take this thing down. If dodging isn't working out, I'll need to endure the strikes and break through."

Calrex gave a calming breath as the dragon began to build up a breath attack again. He lowered his stance, coiling the muscles in his legs before rushing forward. The dragon released the pillar of flame in front of Calrex, aiming to drag it towards him. However, as this happened Calrex was easily able to avoid the strike, leaping to the side while pressing his advance.

Almost immediately after the breath attack the dragon seemed to get a twinge in the internal organ Calrex struck earlier, the consistent stream of flame suddenly sputtering out as the dragon gave a gasping roar. It seemed similar to as if a person had some liquid go down the air passageway, resulting in them coughing to try and rid it from their lungs.

Taking advantage of the distracted dragon Calrex leapt up onto its back, striking the base of the neck once again. However, instead of leaping off he remained where he was, changing his target to the head.

HP List
Calrex: 67/91 (Weight Level 2 0/2 Turns Remaining)

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: 2/60

ID: 23947

Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1

Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23

Immediately after his first attack Calrex using his <<Sprint>> ability to accelerate up the neck, the dragon giving a roar as it whipped its neck around in and attempt to shake Calrex off. There were some point where he lost his balance, but Calrex gave a calming breath each time and regained his balance, gaining speed as he closed in on the head. 

Once he got about ten paces away he kicked forward, flying at the head as he brought his fist back, his eyes trained on the jawline. Once he got into striking range he thrust forward, slamming his fists into the side of the dragon's face, the force powerful enough to knock the head out of the way of Calrex's flight path before it dissipated into crystals.

Falling towards the wall Calrex quickly flipped forward, his feet meeting the side before he pushed off, landing back on the ground. He could hear Roc give a quick screech of congrats before flying back down to him, "Nice work Roc. That went a lot better than I thought it would have. Alright, with that done let's get out of here."

Loot List

1 Material

Bonus Loot:

1 Material

600 col (Mob Health 60 * 10 col)

HP List
Calrex: 67/91

Enemies:
Black Obsidian Dragon: -1/60

After defeating the dragon Calrex and Roc made their way back out of the obsidian cavern, through the passageway, and back into the abandoned prison that was Tartarus. Nothing seemed to have changed since the two had entered the cavern, but in case of danger Calrex had activated his <<Reveal>> skill once again, keeping and eye out for any ambushes, "Well, even with all of the extra weight that was put on the armor during that fight it still held up perfectly fine. I guess I really have gotten the hang of wearing it. I'll need to test out at some point if it's the Grand Chariot, or my experience wearing it that resulted in it becoming so effective."

As the two began to ascend the stairs Calrex gave a calming breath as he continued to reflect on the past events, a small smile coming across his face as he began to come to where he had previously entered, "Of all the gear I've gained, the Grand Chariot is the only one that I have not changed out once for something else. I guess Teayre's gift to me is still giving. It's kept me alive to this point in the game. I just hope that I'll continue getting stronger, so that I can protect everyone I care about."

Upon leaving the prison Calrex motioned for Roc to go ahead and start making his own way back to the settlement of Yomi, the falcon acknowledging and flying ahead as Calrex continued walking, "If it's one thing that I can do in the least, it is to make sure I see them to the end of this game."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
    • Monster Loot:
    • Black Obsidian Dragon: 1 Material / Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 600 col