So Im an MTG (Magic the Gathering) player, have been for over a year now. I'm curious if there are any other players on site, and if so what kind of Deck do you play use.

I am using a Red/White Boros Deck that plays like a Rakdos. The mechanic is to kill all my own creatures to either generate more, or generate infinite health to win the game.

I have no idea what MTG is but I do have quite a bit of Pokemon cards. I also have Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.

It's one of the oldest and longest running trading card game. It preceded both Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and some might say inspired the design of the Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh! card games. As in they took MTG and slapped on Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh! references.

Magic+The+Gathering+-+Rise+of+the+Eldrazi+002.jpg

I play a blue/white Azurious deck. Thanks to the recent release of enchantment creatures and heroic effects, my deck has become rediculously OP. I totally recomend this game to those who haven't played it, it's a really great card game!

I've been playing since Revised (3rd Edition) skipping a few released sets that did not interest me. My favorite combo are Blue/Black Control but recently I have done pretty well in the local Arena setting playing a primarily white splashed red Exalted Deck that has run up a pretty good record thus far. On the side I have been playing a type 2 Vampire Deck that is good old fashioned Vampire Nocturnis fun and a blue/black discard deck that usually ends with my opponents pulling their hair out. I don't have as many friends playing the game locally anymore, and I only occasionally head to the card shops on Saturday Afternoons for Arena play, but their are some good memories there. Hard to believe I have been playing a card game for over a decade.

The new slivers, M14, they were tough for a week.. now every sliver deck I see gets eaten alive. They are less intimidating.

Back before though if you had two sliver decks squaring off it would be stupid. Back then slivers abilities buffed all slivers, not just the ones you controlled. It would come down to who could drop the most slivers as everything was the same.

With the new Enchantment Creatures and Heroic effect, it is now easy to make an assault deck that can lash out massive damage for low mana cost. Aquarious Form is totally awesome and helpful for this tactic, letting you attack directly and would also help give effect perks to Heroic creatures.

The new slivers, M14, they were tough for a week.. now every sliver deck I see gets eaten alive. They are less intimidating.

Back before though if you had two sliver decks squaring off it would be stupid. Back then slivers abilities buffed all slivers, not just the ones you controlled. It would come down to who could drop the most slivers as everything was the same.

That's exactly the slivers I used. Buffed all slivers in play. Thankfully, I never had an opponent that had slivers too. That would have been... uh, interesting xD

• 4 months later...

I've been playing Magic pretty casually for about two years now, back before M14 was released. During that time, I've mostly used a Blue/White deck, but I recently shifted it up a bit and made it Blue/White/Black. I don't really know any professional terms of the game, so I'll just say that the main purpose is to consistently gain life and use enchantments and creature abilities to build and strengthen your army.

Just for example, I've got four Archangel's of Thune, which allows me to place a +1/+1 counter on every creature I control every time I gain life. I also have four Angelic Accords, which allow me to put a 4/4 White Flying Angel token onto the battlefield at the end of my turn if I gained four or more life during it.

I don't necessarily believe my deck to be that great, but it's served me well in the time I've had it. I recently got the green mythic rare planeswalker of M15: Nissa, Worldwaker, and I'm going to try and build a deck around her, but I've never really used green, so it's a bit challenging.

My best friend has multiple decks he uses to piss me off: a blue/black cypher deck, a mill deck, and a sliver deck. The sliver deck, as stated above, isn't as threatening as it used to be, but damn that deck pissed me off.

I have been playing MTG quite a bit over the course of the last few years. I am a semi-professional player and I am sponsored to write articles for Tappedout.net even though I am taking a hiatus from that for the moment while I fix some issues going on in the real world. I play mostly standard but can answer almost any and all questions or give advice so feel free to shoot me a question or two :)