[PP-F1] Sounds Fun! (Xion) (COMPLETE)

I yawned into the breeze as I laid in the lush grass on one of the few small hills on floor one. The thought went through my my mind, I wonder what the most peaceful floor is?. I'd heard a couple of rumours in the Town of Beginnings that the third floor wasn't half bad to chill in, but I wasn't taking my chances just yet. I opened my eyes and sat up, scanning the fields below me. There was a roaming boar nearby, and this I thought I might go skewer an oversized pig.

I pushed onto my feet and slid down the hill while unholy ing my longsword from the back of my waist, holding it in my comfortable backhand position, right hand below the guard with my thumb facing the pommel, my left hand place above it, facing the opposite way. Once I hit the flat of the hill, I took off, sprinting towards the boar...

And I disgracefully kicked a tree stump, sending me head-over-heels into the earth, more than a hundred meters away from my intended target. As I had stupid dirt in my eyes, I felt around for my sword with both hands, only to feel the cold metal impale the soft dirt in between my left thumb and index finger. My head dropped in disappointment, but perked up, eyes still freaking closed when I heard soft footsteps behind me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion had been watching the player for a good few minutes, watching as he ran out, presumably to kill some boars, and saw the boy trip over a tree stump, and fall face first into the ground. 

Xion walked past him and picked up his blade, examining it "A starter blade, same as mine then, another new player" he said, before driving the blade into the ground in front of him and helping the boy up.

"My name's Xion" he said, running his hand through his hair. "And you are?" 

I wiped the stupid dirt out of my eyes to watch a player pick up my sword. Was he trying to kill me?! Answer; no. I watched him plunge the blade into the earth in front of me before extending a hand to me to help me up. I flashed him a little grin and swung my right hand up, grabbing his wrist and allowing him to pull me to my feet.

After he introduced himself as Xion, I replied in my usually thick British accent, "Name's Grave. Don't be put off by it, I'm quite the party animal," I told him, before looking over my dirtied armour, "This grass is so damn slippery though, eh?" I added in a far-fetched attempt to keep my ego intact, scratching the back of my head and rubbing my foot on the grass. Nope, this grass ain't slippery, I thought, disappointed, but I still kept the ego-keeping façade.

I grabbed the handle of my sword and swung it out to my right before sliding it behind me into the housing of my sheath until I heard it click. I looked Xion in the eyes, "I was gonna go make some pig skewers. Wanna help out? I'm still getting the hang of combat though," I gave a little chuckle, "I mean, for Pete's sake, I was attacking a bloody tree early this morning. Please, call me crazy or something," I told him, before waiting a little.

A hearty laugh from myself soon followed.

Xion noted the boy's British accent as he spoke and smiled. " Nice to meet you Grave, and look at that another Brit, spent too bloody long listening to Japanese and American people, it's nice to hear that accent again" Xion said, before the boy started talking about the grass being slippery and pork skewers. 

"First of all: No the grass is not slippery, the only surface that I think is slippery in this game is ice... I think. And sure, I could use some Col and Mats myself" Xion said, looking at a boar in front of them "I'm assuming that one there was your target before you fell over?"

"Same to you. I mean, I can hear their speech perfectly as English... but they all sound bloody American, even the J-P folks. Always good to hear some kind of familiar accent," I replied, rather surprised myself. SAO seemed to be very restricted to the J-P guys, but it looked like there were a few who managed to get imports to their own country. Most of them possibly illegal, I would say, but that's a debate for another day.

I was foiled, and Xion had finally driven an iron stake into my already bruised ego, "Ah, right, right. I should probably... Pick better excuses next time, huh?" I played along with him. One more mess up and I'd end up splitting my kingly ego right down the middle. I watched him point it the boar, "Well... Yeah, it was going to be my lunch, but... The stupid grass made me trip," I replied sarcastically, pushing my hand down on the hilt of my weapon.

ID: 25530

BD: 5 (fail) 

Xion looked at the boar before unsheathing his sword from his back "Now let's see if I can hit the damn thing..." he said before running at the beast and attempting to stab it, missing as the boar  moved to the left and he stumbled a little. 

"Bloody grass making me slip and miss" Xion said to Grave, chuckling a little at his own joke. 

Xion (17/17) 

Grave (7/7) 

Boar (7/7) 

(I shall control le boar) 

I laughed as Xion used my own ego-guardian as his own joke, "See what I mean? The grass really is slippery, I'm telling you," I said as I slid my longsword back out of its sheath and held it at my right, backhand once again. I rush the piggie, but I soon realised the mob was doing the same. I decided to set the stage for my own little joke...

As I was about to make contact with the boar, I pushed off into the air, "Alley-oop!" I called as I flipped over the muscly creature, turning around to see it slide to a stop. I turned my attention back to Xion, holding my sword up as I spoke.

"Seems like the boar thinks so too," I retorted with my own horrible joke.

My, we were a pair of terrible Brits.

---

ID: 25532

BD: 2 = Fail

MD: 1 = Critical Fail

Grave: 7/7 HP

Xion: 17/17 HP

Boar: 7/7 HP

(I'm sorry, I only wanted to control it for this one post, because the 1 on the MD give me an awesome chance at the joke xD)

ID: 25534

BD: 5 (fail) 

MD: 6 (1 DMG) 

Xion laughed at Grave's joke "Glad to see that your opinion is shared by the local boar population" he said before running at the boar again, and in classical Xion fashion...missed. The boar had noticed this, and charged at Xion, luckily he was able to move a little out of it's way, meaning that the boar only landed a grazing hit. 

"BLOODY HELL WHY CAN'T I HIT THESE THINGS!?" Xion yelled, before backing off and standing next to Grave "I think it's a British curse in this game, not being able to hit boars" 

Xion (16/17) 

Grave (7/7) 

Boar (7/7) 

(And it's fine,  t'was a funny joke XD) 

I chuckled even further at our joke conversation. I watched as Xion got grazed by the boar, chipping a tiny bit of his health off, before he came back and began to shout.

"You alright getting your ass handed to you?" I asked jokingly, before I spun on my heels and took on the boar again, swinging my blade in a lever action and cleaving into and out of the side of the boar cleanly. I quickly made my escape back to Xion and looked at him, "Please repeat your last comment, my friend," I asked sarcastically. I turned back around to face the now very, very mad boar as it readied for a second charge, "Well, your problem now," I allowed him to step towards the oncoming threat.

(I know he's actually going to try and get me, though, unless you hit him beforehand)

---

ID: 25537

BD: 7 = Success

Grave: 7/7 HP [HATE: 1]

Xion: 16/17 HP

Boar: 6/7 HP

ID: 25538

BD: 3 (FAIL) [i HATE MY LIFE XD]

MD: 10 (3 DMG) [And Karma's a bitch] 

Xion glared at Grave "Duel me and then we'll who'll be making those comments" he said before charging at the boar, it seemed like he was going to hit his mark, but at the last minute the boar charged at Grave, striking him clean in the chest, dealing a decent amount of damage. 

'Crap...if he gets hit too much...' he might die. 

"Grave, unless you're sure you can hit it don't try to attack, I need to equalize the aggro..."

Xion (16/17) 

Grave (4/7) 

Boar (6/7)

(Um, yeah... Ow ;-; )

"Sounds fun," I replied nonchalantly, turning to face my comrade. I watched him charge off and take on the Boar, but it was aimed right for me! I couldn't bring my hefty sword up in time to block and the tusks impaled me right in the chest. I heard Xion speak while I attempted to fling the oversized pig off me, "Yeah... You don't... Say... Genius..." I retorted sarcastically before pushing the Boar off of me and aiming an overhead swing at it, but the Boar just skittered backwards and my blade bit the soft dirt below.

"Ah, bloody hell, we better get something from this," I complained as I stood back, my left arm across my chest.

(Aaaaaand Grave's gonna be disappointed when we get zilch from the mob xD It's health'd need to be AT LEAST 9 for it to drop any of the goodies. Hopefully next roll I'll get a 10 on the CD so I can heal a bit of the damage)

---

ID: 25541

BD: 1 = Critical Fail (Yup, Karma still wants me dead)

Grave: 4/7 HP

Boar: 6/7 HP

( Wait as long as it's health is equal to the level of the highest level party member right? And crap I forgot about my battle healing too XD) 

ID: 25542

BD: 2 (FAIL) [OH GOD NO] 

MD: 8 (1 DMG) 

Xion heard Grave's sarcastic comments but did not have time to reply to them, as he saw that the boar was headed straight towards Grave. Gritting his teeth, Xion attempted to intercept the attack and hit the boar, but he was pushed out of the way, and it attack Grave weakly, dealing a little damage. 

"Sorry, if I can get a crit we should be ok"

Xion (16/17) 

Grave (3/7) [HATE: 1] 

Boar( 6/7) 

(Loot has to meet two requirements: Floor Level x 2 health, which we have more than which is good, and at least half the highest level player's health as it's health, which in this case would be 9. Also, if I get too low I'd appreciate it if you'd take a bullet for me, even with the Hate system xD I don't want a second character to die in a row)

I watched Xion try and take a bullet for me, only for him to get pushed out the way and have me be the one skewered instead. Thankfully, it wasn't as heavy a blow as it was just a moment before. I began to push back on the boar and after knocking it backwards, I thrusted my blade into the pig's snout, spearing it through the centre. I pulled the blade out and pulled back, realising I had just aggravated it more.

Great timing. I felt my most recent injury heal itself up, and I watched my health bar rise a smidge in the corner of my view. It pays to have battle healing.

---

ID: 25546

BD: 6 = Success (1 DMG)

CD: 11 = +1 Health

Grave: 4/7 HP [HATE: 2]

Boar: 5/7 HP

(Will do) 

ID: 25548

BD: 2 (FAIL) 

CD: 11 (-1 DMG) 

MD: 1 (FAIL) 

Xion decided that rather than trying to hit the boar, he would be better trying to block the board attacks, so that Grave wasn't hit. So he did exactly that, as the boar charge, Xion leaped in front of it, bringing his sword down upon it's tusks, before kicking it away.

"If I can't hit the damn thing, I'll keep it off of you until you kill it" Xion said, and as he did he felt his <<Battle Healing>> skill kick in, healing him a little.

Xion (17/17)

Grave (4/7) [HATE: 2]

Boar (5/7) 

(I noticed you did a cheeky double-roll xD I was watching the dice rolls)

I watched as my fellow Brit blocked the Boar's oncoming attack and knocked it away, "Thanks for that," I replied as I backed off a little more. Attacking any further might have been a bad idea, so I decided not to attack the creature, instead leaving Xion to take care of it. After all, I was still quite low level.

I turned to Xion, "Think you can hit the damn thing this time? I mean, I've hit it twice, and well... The grass hates you," I gave him and ear-to-ear grin as I continued on our silly joke.

---

ID: 25550

BD: 1 = Critical Fail (We are getting nowhere xD)

Grave: 4/7 HP

Boar: 5/7 HP

ID: 25567

BD: 10 (4 DMG)

MD: 5 ( FAIL)

(Shhhh nobody is supposed to know about that XD)

Xion laughed a little at Grave's grass comment "I'll make sure to hit the damn thing this time... Nobody harms a fellow Brit and gets away with it" he said, before noticing that the boat was readying another charge.

Determined, Xion ran to intercept the boar, blocking it's path so that it could not hit Grave. As the boat tried to go around him and attack Grave, Xion saw an opening and brought his sword down upon the beast's back, making it squeal in pain before kicking it over.

He then returned to Grave's side "not this time... Bloody grass" he said.

Xion (17/17) [HATE: 1]

Grave (4/7) [HATE: 2]

Boar (1/7)

I gave Xion a wide grin as he basically said that he was going to avenge me. Us Brits really get defensive of our own people. I watch as he took on the Boar and finally hit the bastard, and rather powerfully, I must say. It wasn't a surprise that the pig was more ticked off with him than with me at that stage.

"Looks like the grass wanted to say sorry for once," I replied as I took up my stance once again. The creature was more than disoriented. When it charged at me, I could have sworn it was going cross-eyed. I crouched low before charging at the pig, sword right back. As I was about to make contact with it, I stopped short and brought my blade forward, letting the creature run into it, cutting itself right down the centre. I made one final push and sliced through the other end, leaping past and flipping backwards, landing in a crouching position behind my prey. I swung my sword out wide before sliding it back into my sheath as the Boar shattered into thousands of blue shards of data.

I stood up and turned around as I wiped the virtual sweat off my forehead, "I think the grass decided to give us a second chance," I joked as I approached him, fist outstretched towards him.

---

ID: 25569

BD: 6 = Success (1 DMG)

MD: 1 = Critical Fail (Included this one just because MD = 1 xD)

Grave: 4/7 HP (LVL Up = 9/9 HP)

Boar: DEAD (No loot)

Xion smiled as Grave killed the boar, and then fistbumped him as Grave approached him. "That one was too weak for loot....we need something stronger, if you're up for it that is. If not there's always other things that we can do" he said, sheathing his sword.

"we could duel..." He said, looking up into the sky, at Aincrad's clouds, they looked pretty, but they were just data, nothing more.

I paused down on the hilt of my sword as I gave a look of challenge to Xion, "As I said earlier, sounds fun," I replied before giving him a wink, "Why the bloody hell not? I just levelled up, so got all my health back, I don't see a problem with having a friendly duel," I navigated through my menus and proceeded to put in the details.

My opponent was Xion, and the type of duel was Half Loss, meaning we only had to bring the other into the yellow zone. That was going to be harder to do with Xion, but hopefully the grass was in my favour. I sent the Duel request to Xion and awaited his reaction.

Xion nodded and accepted the duel " I'll let you make the first move, seeing as I have been blessed by the grass" Xion said with a chuckle, drawing is sword and holding it diagonally in a defensive stance.

Xion knew that he would most likely win the duel, but still it would be a fairer fight than any duels that he had taken part in before .

Xion(19/19) [ lvl 8]

Grave (9/9)