Hiya everyone, new user here-Questions!

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and I'm looking for a good SAO roleplay. I have a few questions though... (And if this is the wrong forum, whoopsie you can mod it right?XD)

-For weapons/armor/equipment are there unique kinds, like with different stats, or is it just the generic type (One handed staight/One handed Curved, etc)?

-For Aincrad/SAO what floor are you on? Do floors advance after a boss is defeated, or are they open at the beginning?

-For bosses, do they apear when a Mod or GM says they do, or can parties find them while adventuring?

-Are there skills like Cooking or FIshing like in Canon, or just teh combat oriented skills?

That's all for now I can think of! Thanks so much in advance.

All the weapons can be given varying stats depending on their quality level using Enhancements. The only ones applicable to weapons are under the Blacksmith category, but you can also take a quest to learn the Unarmed skill. Their damage depends on the enhancements on the weapon in question, as well as the relevant skill rank.

We're currently on Floor 11 and the floors do advance after a boss is beaten. A meeting was just recently started to discuss the boss raid, actually!

Parties find them by scouting. You can read more about the process here.

The non-combat skills are professions, which you can read about here. You can pick between cooking, fishing, blacksmithy, tailoring, artisan, performer, merchant, or alchemist. To get a profession, you have to take the "Earning a Living" quest.

Oh, and welcome!

Takao covered pretty much everything :) some bosses drop unique equipment but the rest use enhancements as any other. The weapons themselves are any that fit in the categories available for the skill.

Floor 11 boss meeting is one I'm currently attending and underway. I dont recommend joining the fight as you'll be wiped out at a low level.

Bosses can technically be spawned like a mob can with high health and HP, but special boss drops come as quest rewards which have bosses usually or are mod/GM ran.

As said above, professions!

If you have further questions feel free to PM any online PST such as myself.

There's no detailed guide to the monsters on each floor, though the floor descriptions found here (floors 1 through 5) and here (floors 6 through 10) can give you an idea/theme of what you might be fighting.

As for loot, there's also no set drops. Whether or not you get a drop from a monster depends on a few factors. The monster you killed has to have at least half of the highest participating player's health, the floor's health times 2 which is usually irrelevant because we're on low floors at the moment, and your loot dice roll. If the monster is at least half your health, you're guaranteed a material drop. For items/col, you can reference this guide, just scroll past the treasure chest bit and it'll tell you what you can get from what rolls. Anything above good items have to be submitted for approval in the Evaluations forum in the Journals board.