[PP-F1] A Grave Situation (Jevi)

I eyed off the large, silver wolf with my grey eyes, Severance poised behind me in the usual backwards position. We'd been fighting for minutes already, none landing a hit on the other, teeth and claws against blade. The afternoon breeze teased my silver hair and the wolf's equally silver fur. Sword, hair, fur eyes - we may as well have been made out of metal.

The wolf bared it's teeth at me, drawing out a low growl, like wood being pulled over a knotted piece of string. I wish I could have growled like that, probably would have scared the bugger away, but that's another story. The beast bent low, poised to attack, before it perked up suddenly as it saw something behind me. I brought my Falchion in front of me in case the Wolf went for a sucker punch before I turned around and smirked at the figure standing there.

"Help me out, will ya?" I asked, keeping up the smile.

(Wolf will have 8 HP, so that we have a chance to get loot when we kill it)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was she doing out here? Why would she travel into the woods on her own? 

Jevi had heard in town that certain materials used for crafting in the different professions could be sold for some Col to other players. So she decided that would be her best bet to finally begin making her way in this game. As she left The Starter City, she scanned the rolling hills surrounding the settlement. It didn't look like there was much to gather from this area. Her eyes then shifted to the tree-filled area off in the distance. Surely there had to be some sort of materials to collect there. Jevi began her careful stride through the fields, avoiding any confrontation with surrounding mobs.

Jevi was able to make it to the woods unharmed by any of the boars in the area. She let out a relieved sigh as she began to walk around the trees, looking for anything that looked collectable. Upon turning the corner around a tree with a very large trunk, she noticed a boy fighting off a wolf. Jevi grit her teeth and reached her hand behind her back, clenching at the handle of her scimitar. What was she doing? She didn't know this kid, why should she get herself killed trying to save some random person she met in the woods. It was then he looked over his shoulder with a smile, asking for her help. She gave the guy a quick glare, reluctant to help him. It was then something came over her, and she sprung into action. She pulled the long curved sword from her waist and stepped up next to the boy, holding it in her hands. She began to sweat looking at the wolf, she had never seen one of these creatures before in Aincrad. 

I looked at the rather uncomfortable looking girl standing beside me. She seemed to be the opposite of me; not a people person. I knew I'd be able to break the ice between us, most likely through slaying the Wolf.

I charged the Wolf while it was busy watching the new girl, and it didn't get the time to react as I brought Severance across its throat, chipping away a fraction of its HP. I turned around to make sure the girl was watching, but...

That was a stupid move. I felt the jaws of the Wolf embrace my left ribs tightly as soon as I looked away. I jolted for a moment as I spun around to slash at the vice latched on my ribs, but it let go of its iron grip as my Falchion slashed the air in front of it.

Looked back to the girl behind me, "Your turn, Miss," I told her with a grin.

---

ID: 25784

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

Grave: 14/15 HP [HATE: 1]

Jevi: 11/11 HP

Wolf: 6/8 HP

Jevi watched as the man ran forward and attacked the wolf he made it seem decently easy. Maybe she would be able to do the same. She looked down at her hands that were clenching at the scimitar. She was slightly shaking a bit, knowing this thing could kill her. Her eyes shot back up when she heard the sound of teeth latching onto flesh. She saw the wolf had the side of the man's chest in its jowls. He was able to dislodge himself from its grip, and addressed to Jevi that it was her turn to attack. Stop being such a baby, Alex.. She ran forward, holding her scimitar in two hands, which she felt was very awkward for a sword with a shorter handle. Running past her the other player, she brought the curved sword up over her shoulder and the back down across the beast's side. 

The wolf jumped backwards in pain as Jevi stood there, sword in hand. Her shaking had stopped, she knew she could do this. She looked at her hands again and then released her right hand, holding the sword just in her left. This felt more natural as she held his right hand in front of her for defensive purposes.

ID: 25786

BD: 8 ( 2 dmg)

Grave: 14/15 HP
Jevi: 11/11 HP
Wolf: 4/8 HP (-2)

I looked on as the girl seemed to build up her courage and take a strike at the Wolf, chipping away part of its health. I smiled at her as she took a more refined stance with her scimitar. She definitely had a lot of potential as a fighter.

She stepped back and I took position, waiting for the Wolf to attack. It dashed at me, jaws open, but it was swiftly intercepted by Severance. I stabbed the Wolf in the chest, my Falchion's hook on the back of the blade catching on the flesh as I went to pull it out. I yanked on my weapon and tore it out before the Wolf scampered to safety, whimpering. I threw a sidelong glance at the girl, a smile drawn across my face.

---

ID: 25791

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 4 = Fail

Grave: 14/15 HP [HATE: 2]

Jevi: 11/11 HP [HATE: 1]

Wolf: 2/8 HP

Jevi held the sword at her side and glared at the wolf as the other man attacked it once again. This time, he was able to overcome the wolf's attack and deliver a devastating blow to the beast. However, it was not enough to finish it off, which meant Jevi needed to go in for another attack. As he jumped back to his retreated position, Jevi took a quick glance at him.. She then pulled a double take and looked again when she saw another smile sprawled across his face while he looked at her. What the hell is he smiling at..? Jevi brought her attention to her front again, to the wolf. She clenched her sword, and it began to glow a red light, catching Jevi by surprise until she realized she activated her sword skill. She then ran forward with a ~"Hyaah!" Holding her sword at the ready by her side, when she got into striking range, she swung the sword upward, slashing the wolf across the face. The beast let out a yelp as it began to light up and exploded into an array of blue data. Jevi was breathing a little bit heavy from the adrenaline of the fight. She slowly placed her sword back into the cloth belt on her waist. 

ID: 25794

BD: 8 (2 dmg) 

LD: 2

+1 Material

Grave: 14/15 HP [HATE: 2]
Jevi: 11/11 HP [HATE: 1]
Wolf: 0/8 HP 

I watched as the girl quickly dispatched out opponent, activating a Sword Skill in the process. That was something I had completely forgotten about. Not once have I used a Sword Skill yet, because everything has seemed so realistic to me. You learn something new every day, don't you?

As the girl slipped her scimitar back into her sheath, I also sheathed my falchion behind me and approached her. I placed a hand on her shoulder, unsure if it would startle her, and gave her a smile coupled with a thumbs up.

"Good job! You seem pretty good at this!" I complimented her in my Brit accent before stepping back and extending my hand, "The name's Grave. Nice to meet you!"

As the man placed a hand on her shoulder, Jevi looked up at him with her yellow eyes. Which turned into a slight bit of a glare when she noticed he had that same smile still on his face. She had no idea what it was about, and it was starting to get to her. When he complimented her on her swordsmanship, she figured she would try to play it off that she knew what she was doing. Jevi crossed her arms, ~"Yeah. That wolf was nothing... and you're not too bad yourself." She normally did not compliment people herself, but she really was impressed by his skills. The British accent had also caught her off guard a bit, being the first person to sound like that in this game. She returned the gesture when he held out his hand, reaching out her own to shake his. ~"My name is Jevi" She looked back up to see he still had that smile on his face. She glared and crossed her arms, ~"Okay, whats with that smile?" 

I was rather gobsmacked when Jevi spoke her mind about my smile. I flushed red and recoiled before replying, "W-well, I guess it's b-because I have no reason not to smile," I told her a bent truth. Bloody hell! Maybe this girl wasn't right to hit on! were the words running rampant in my mind. Of course, at this rate, telling her that I was smiling because she was a pretty girl would most like push her buttons even further.

In an attempt to break the ice, I spoke up again, "So, Jevi, how long you been here? Who have you met?" I asked, sincerely curious. She'd definitely been here long enough, as her skill with the scimitar wasn't too shabby.

She raised an eyebrow as the man stammered his words. Then she shrugged, figuring some people are happier than others. Oh well, no need to press it. Then she noticed the man's blushed cheeks, now she knew there was more to that smile. She let out a sigh, releasing the tension she had built up. He was being kind after all.. no need to show hostility. When Grave asked how long she had been there, she had to think about it for a moment. Surely, everyone started the game at the same time.. it was not untill all 10,000 of the players were logged in did it become this death game.. but.. just how long ago was that. Jevi scratched the back of her neck, ~"I.. don't know honestly.. I don't check the date anymore." She was relieved when he pushed on to another topic, yet again, did not have much of an answer for him. ~" I've met a couple of people.. just can't really place names to the faces is all." her eyes closed half way, showing almost a sort of guilt or sadness, ~"I haven't been a very friendly person lately..So I haven't made many friends yet."

Jevi sounded quite guilt-ridden when she mentioned meeting someone, and my head drooped slightly, "Oh... I'm... Sorry to hear that. Sorry if I upset you..." I apologized. The last thing I wanted was to make a girl feel bad. Silence followed, and I was hoping that some crickets would arrive to fill in the silence, but I was disappointed.

I knew the perfect way to break the ice further, "What do you say we go take out a bunch of Boars? And maybe some Wolves if we can find the good places?" I asked for both our benefit. I pushed down obviously on the handle of Severance at the back of my waist. Fighting something would be a good way to get to know each other. We learn the other's fighting style, reactions to situations, teamwork, we basically learn the other's personality through combat.

However, I was thinking I could even further that with a friendly duel...

Jevi's eyes went back to Grave's, ~"Oh no no its fine. You did not upset me." She figured she needed to change things with her life. Originally she was pretty secluded and didn't want to be part of anyone's life.. keep to herself to find what she wanted to be happy. Thats what she did in the real world. But here, she found that people were a lot different. They were friendly, at least most of them anyway. Especially after meeting Shaya, she felt a lot more at ease with her life.

~"Hm.. Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all." she smirked. She was once afraid of combat.. afraid she would die. But fighting off that wolf, she knew she had the skills to survive. She crossed her arms and shifted her weight. 

I was glad to hear I hadn't upset her. She seemed to be relaxing a little more around me, which would really help in the long run. When she agreed to go hunting with me, I was even further relieved. It was extremely boring, and not to mention risky, hunting alone. I gave her a quick grin before turning and leaving the edge of the forest, heading towards the endless fields. Finding the Boars wasn't my only plan though. I had a surprise for Jevi...

I looked down upon the herd of Boars. There were a couple of stragglers on the edge, but they would have been too low level to get any loot. There was one rather beefy - or more so porky - Boar in the middle of the pack, and I unhilted Severance as my eyes zoned in on it. I began to bolt down the hill, Severance outstretched at my right.

As I approached the herd, I pounced into the air over the outer ring of Boars and spun around mid-air. I flipped Severance around in my grip as I passed over my target and I slammed her rear spike down into the Boar's head and pulled back, pulling the Boar with me. I landed on the ground in a crouched position and slammed it into the ground.

I glanced back up at Jevi and gave her a smile, my eyes telling her to follow.

---

ID: 25834

BD: 8 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 5 = Failure

Grave: 13/13 HP [HATE: 1]

Jevi: 17/17 HP

Boar: 8/8 HP

Jevi followed Grave through the forest, looking for something to hunt. She noticed a few boars upon reaching the edge of the forest, but Grave did not seem interested in them, so Jevi figured he was looking for something stronger. That was when he spotted a larger looking boar and he drew his sword. Grave was already on the move, jumping forward into attacking position, landing a hit on the beast. Jevi reached behind her back and gripped the handle to her scimitar, pulling it from the cloth belt where it sat. She held her sword at the ready by her side and she took off running down the hill towards their enemy. Upon getting into striking range, she brought her sword upwards slashing diagonally at the beast. As her attack landed, she took the opportunity to quickly spin her sword and bring it back down slashing at the boar one more time. 

ID: 25857

BD: 9 (3 dmg)

Jevi: 17/17 HP [HATE: 2]
Boar: 3/8 HP 

I watched as Jevi switched in and slashed at the beast twice, taking out a large portion of its health. While she recovered from the attack, I took my chance and Switched in, aiming for an overhead strike, but the Boar easily misguided my blade and bolted through my legs...

Right towards Jevi. I watched as she was bowled to the ground in one moment, and then alone as the Boar slunk off the next. I jogged over to my companion and stretched a hand out to her, offering to help her up. Was I ever going to fully break the ice between us?

---

ID: 25859

BD: 1 = Critical Failure

Jevi: 16/17 HP [HATE: 2]

The smirk on Jevi's face from dealing significant damage to the boar was quickly wiped off of her lips as the beast plowed through Grave heading straight towards Jevi. Not being able to react in time, the boar's head pummeled into Jevi's chest, knocking her off balance and throwing her to the ground. Jevi grunted as she hit the ground, pretty pissed that it attacked her. She did not even notice Grave reaching his hand out towards her  when she quickly leapt up from her position and ran forward at the boar with her sword up in the air. She began to swing her sword ferociously at the beast, missing every strike. 

ID: 25861

BD: 5 miss

Jevi: 16/17 HP [HATE: 2]

I was rather disappointed when Jevi ignored my hand and picked herself up, but I covered my eyes as she began swinging her weapon vigorously and without aim.

"Three..." I began to count down, "Two..." I could still hear that blade meeting nothing but air, "One..." all the confirmation I needed was another loud thump and the sound of a sword sinking into the dirt near me. I uncovered my eyes and looked over at the twice-downed Jevi, and then at her vertical scimitar. I strolled towards her, sliding her scimitar out of the ground as I went. I crouched down by Jevi's head, scimitar across my knees.

"You're crazy. I like it," I flirted with her, keeping the Boar in my peripheral vision.

---

ID: 25862

BD: 5 = Fail

Jevi: 15/17 HP [HATE: 2]

She continued to swing her sword until it was met with a large tusk of the boar. The shock of hitting it sent her sword flying out of her hands. Her eyes widened as she watched her sword go, and was soon met with the boar's head butt once again. She hit the ground and tumbled once, laying flat on her back with her eyes closed. She tried to calm her nerves, knowing thats what caused her to miss. The sound of footsteps getting closer to her made her open her eyes, to see Grave crouching right next to her holding her sword. His attempt to flirt with her didn't help with her temper, ~"Psh, ass." She picked herself off of the ground again and swiped her sword back from Grave's grasp. Her eyes then shifted back to the boar with a cold glare. This time, she did not play stupid. She still had some rage in her, and surely she would miss again if she tried something idiotic like that again. Jevi stood next to Grave and took a deep breath, still glaring at the boar, ~"Why not instead of watching me get knocked around, you do something.." she said to the man through grit teeth. 

ID: 25863

BD: 5

She called me an ass. She actually called me an ass. I frowned as she snatched up the scimitar and took position, only to tell me to actually do something. Strangely enough, I'd landed as many hits as her. I'd rather not try and keep my dignity than try and epically fail and end up losing it, but I guess that's just my personal opinion. I stood up and began to casually stroll towards the Boar, not charging it this time. Its glowing red eyes were watching me with caution, anticipation, waiting for its moment to strike...

It tried going for a sneaky ram with its tusks, but before my leg could be skewered I pivoted backwards and brought Severance down, ripping through the Boar's neck and sending it to the ground. I looked to Jevi and extended my hand to the Boar, telling her to make her move. I still had that faint frown on my face.

---

ID: 25898

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 4 = Fail

Grave: 13/13 HP [HATE: 2]

Boar: 1/8 HP

Jeez.. dont take it too hard.. Jevi thought to herself, a drop a sweat running down her cheek. The man initiated his attack very slowly as casually.. only walking up to the angered boar and slashing it through the neck. He then turned to Jevi with a slightly apathetic look, gesturing for her to take the killing blow. She looked at the man puzzled for a moment before placing her hands on her hips and walking up to him. ~"Why the long face? Because I called you an ass for trying to flirt with me?" 

ID: 25957

BD: 2 miss

Grave: 13/13 HP [HATE: 2]
Boar: 1/8 HP