[PP-F1] A Grave Situation (Jevi)

I was too distracted by Jevi walking up to me and asking what the problem was to hear the scratching of a hoof behind me, "Yeah, something like th-" I began to say gruffly, but was soon interrupted by the stabbing of tusks in my rear. I attempted to push the Boar away, but it continued to push its tusks deeper into my flesh.

I turned my head and yelled at it over my shoulder, "Piss off!" I commanded as I brought Severance up and then down on the Boar, decapitating it and causing it to shatter into data. Sheathing my weapon, I took a deep breath in, then out, and turned my attention to Jevi.

"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have acted that way, just because I got shut down," I apologized, hanging my head. I felt my face become hot with embarrassment, but my attention was soon asserted to the menu that popped up. It showed the 40 Col and one material that I received from my prey, and came up with a nice idea.

I quickly opened a trade to Jevi and threw the earnings into the box in return for nothing and sent the request to Jevi, a guilty smile on my lips.

(I levelled up to level 6 before the update, and will stay that way until the post system is fixed)

---

ID: 25999

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (3 DMG)

Grave: 15/15 HP (Level Up)

Jevi: 15/17 HP

Boar: *DEAD*

LD: 15 = Good Item OR (Mob Health x 5) Col + 1 Mat

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jevi shifted her weight so she leaned slightly to the side, looking behind Grave as the boar pushed into his back with its tusks. Before she could act or say anything, Grave brought his sword down on the beast, taking it out effortlessly. As the boar turned back into pointless data, she let out a heavy sigh, ~"Don't take it personally, Grave. I'm just not always good with that type of attention." She placed her hands on her hips and cocked her head slightly with a smirk on her face. 

As Grave's face reddened with embarrassment, she shook her head, ~"Guys can just be so sensitive sometimes.." she chuckled lightly. Then he looked like he had an idea, and quickly opened up his inventory. Seconds later, Jevi received a trade request from Grave, containing 40 col and 1 material.. the spoils from battling this boar. She closed her eyes and smirked again, declining the offer ~"Keep them, you earned it from taking out the boar." 

My eyes widened as she declined the offer. I was amazed she didn't take the offering. I saw the materials come back in another window and I stashed them, before clearing my throat.

"Right then," I began, "Shall we go kill something? Or would you rather grab a little something to eat and drink?" I asked, trying my hardest not to use the word 'date'. I wasn't even sure if Jevi were comfortable with that word...

Jevi looked at Grave as he spoke, and then looked up at the HP of the two. Both were fine, at max even.. And Jevi managed to level up as well she had not noticed. She smirked, ~"You know.. I'm starting to like this combat thing." she turned to Grave with a smile on her face, ~"Lets go fight another thing.. Then maybe we can turn in for the day.. maybe grab some food like you said." she shrugged her shoulders as she span her sword a couple of times in her hand before holding it in its regular position, ~"Sound alright to you?" 

"Sounds like a plan," I agreed with a smile. I turned to look out over the fields to find the area I had preplanned to show Jevi. I spotted a group of three trees, the point I had decided to use as a marker. I turned to Jevi and gave a 'come' signal before striding towards the hill and sliding down.

I was soon stopped by a sharp pain in my ankle and I dropped to the grass, rolling down the rest of the hill. I got back onto my feet, favouring my injured leg, to see a large green snake - two of them, in fact - slithering down the hill at high speed.

I back-pedalled and fell over onto my rear as the snakes approached. I waited for Jevi to get there in cruel anticipation.

Thank god their bites weren't poisonous.

(Snakes will take turns in attacking. Your MD will control the second snake, but they will still use a hate system and so will we)

---

ID: 26057

BD: 2 = Fail

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (2 DMG)

Grave: 13/15 HP

Jevi: 19/19 HP

Snake #1: 10/10 HP [HATE: Grave - 1]

Snake: #2: 10/10 HP

She nodded at Grave as he agreed with her idea.. well, his technically.. she just stole it. As Grave looked around as if looking for something specific, she did the same, checking behind them to make sure nothing was sneaking up on them to attack them. Eventually, she turned back around to see Grave was ready to head out, so Jevi followed him to a downwards slope on a hill.

Grave already made his way down the hill by trying to slide by the time Jevi was on top of the slope, beginning to walk down carefully. Suddenly, Grave toppled over and fell down the rest of the hill. She sighed and placed her palm on her face, shaking her head ~"You klut- huh?" What she thought at first to be an accidental trip turned out to be a snake attacking him on the way down. She quickly grabbed her sword and made her way down the hill.

As she hit the base of the hill, she held her sword at the ready and charged for the snake that attacked Grave. She focused solely on hitting the thing, which turned out to be a mistake. During her attack run, she suddenly felt something slither past her foot before coiling up her leg. As she looked down, she saw it was the second snake who was now latching its teeth into her upper calf. With a slight grunt, Jevi kicked her leg, sending the reptile flying into the grass ahead of her. 

ID: 26117
BD: 4
MD: 7 (1 dmg)

Grave: 13/15 HP

Jevi: 18/19 HP

Snake #1: 10/10 HP [HATE: Grave - 1]

Snake: #2: 10/10 HP [HATE: Jevi - 1]

Edited by Jevi

I looked on as the second snake attacked Jevi. Two versus two, huh? I thought before a smirk crossed my face, Easy enough... 

Those few seconds of thinking costed me, though. I felt my leg become tight as the snake constricted it before sinking it's hooked fangs into my leg. Pissed, I reached down and grabbed the snake's head, squeezing it to stop its bite. I tore it away from my leg and dropped it before slashing around, sending it slithering into the grass. I looked over to Jevi to make sure she was okay.

---

ID: 26125

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 11/15 HP [HATE: Snake #1 - 1]

Jevi: 18/19 HP

Snake #1: 7/10 HP [HATE: Grave - 1]

Snake #2: 10/10 HP [HATE: Jevi - 1]

She looked around frantically as the other snake managed to attack Grave as well. Damn, these things know how to hide.. She kept her eyes peeled for any sort of movement in the grass around her. It was then that the grass gently shifted.. and a moment after, she heard the loud hissing of a snake. She quickly leapt backwards as the serpent lunged towards her leg, jaw wide open. Jevi lifted he sword into the air over her opposite shoulder and brought it down diagonally, connecting with the snake. 

ID: 26170
BD: 9 (Dmg 3)
MD: 4 

Grave: 11/15 HP [HATE: Snake #1 - 1]

Jevi: 18/19 HP [HATE: Snake #2 - 1]

Snake #1: 7/10 HP [HATE: Grave - 1]

Snake #2: 7/10 HP [HATE: Jevi - 1]

Edited by Jevi

Jevi swiftly dealt with her snake attacker, sending the slippery creature through the grass, but mine came the opposite way. It launched itself from the grass and onto my arm, biting down hard once again. In numbing rage, I backpedaled to the nearest tree and slammed my arm against it, stunning the long, green creature and causing it to unhook from my arm. As it dropped I swapped Severance over to my left hand and swung her at the center of the snake, slashing through its scaly body. I jumped back, cradling my wounded arm as I gritted my teeth.

(There's not really much point in the hate system any more, as neither of us are going to attack the other snake, and neither of the snake's are going to attack us until someone, preferably the snakes, dies)

---

ID: 26297

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

Grave: 9/15 HP

Snake #1: 5/10 HP

Snake #2: 7/10 HP

Jevi's eyes shot over to Grave as she heard the sound of something slamming into a tree. He looked like he was in pain, and the large wounds on his arm helped to point that out as well. She then peeked up at his health bar, he seemed fine for now. She grit her teeth and hastily made her way over to his position. As she ran, her slithering opponent popped up from the grass, launching itself at her. Jevi quickly stepped to the side, letting the snake fly by in front of her. One she got to Grave's position, she spun on the balls of her feet and stood slightly in front of him with her sword at the ready. She looked back to him with a smirk, ~"I thought you were supposed to be taking me hunting" she chuckled playfully. She took a slightly more serious look as her eyes scanned the grass for their enemies, ~"I don't want you dying on me.."

ID: 26299
BD: 5
MD: 4 

Grave: 9/15 HP

Snake #1: 5/10 HP

Snake #2: 7/10 HP

Edited by Jevi

As Jevi teased me, the snake jumped at me again, and I was quicker to react this time, grabbing the snake out of the air and clenching my hand around its neck. I heard her say that she didn't want me to die, and I smirked back, "Not planning on it, sweetheart," I teased. I dropped the snake and swung Severance around, collecting the snake and sending away like a golf club. I turned to Jevi and gave her a joke flirtatious smirk.

---

ID: 26301

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 4 = Fail

Grave: 9/15 HP

Snake #1: 3/10 HP

Snake #2: 7/10 HP

She looked at the man as he 'showed off'.. grabbing the snake out of midair and preventing it from attacking him. He then called her sweetheart and even threw in a cheesy smirk to end it off. Jevi couldn't help but return the smirk with a slight scoff, rolling her eyes at the man's actions. Gotta hand it to him, hes really trying..  Now wasn't the time to think about Grave's flirting. There were still two serpents waiting in the grass to chomp down on them again. 

She looked at the grass again, waiting for something to show there was a snake about to attack her. She could hear the sound of grass shifting.. snakes hissing.. but could not pinpoint it. ~"This may be a stupid idea.. but.." Jevi leapt forward a couple of paces, far enough so Grave would not get caught in the crossfire. She twisted her back slightly, keeping her legs stationary. Her sword began to glow red as she activated her sword skill, and thats when she let her body go. She span once in a circle, the red from her sword making it look like a ring of fire long the grass for a moment. She didn't think it would work, but the snake she was looking to hit was knocked out of the grass from her attack. 

ID: 26303
BD: 9 (3 dmg)
MD: 3

Grave: 9/15 HP

Snake #1: 3/10 HP

Snake #2: 4/10 HP

Edited by Jevi

I clapped my hand against the handle of my sword as I watched Jevi pull of a rather stylish sword skill. Not very often I got to see them, even from my own skills.

I could hear the grass shift behind me, and this time I was ready. The grass sounded like it exploded as the serpent pounced from it's hiding place. I side-stepped out of the way and aimed to slash at it, but barely missed its slippery body before it landed in the grass.

As a trade-off for the miss, though, I felt my <<Battle Healing>> activate, and some of my wounds healed up. I smirked, "About bloody time,"

---

ID: 26369

BD: 4 = Fail

MD: 5 = Fail

LD: 12 = HP +1

Grave: 10/15 HP

Snake #2: 4/10 HP

Jevi heard Grave mutter something about being bloody. She looked over to the man to see his health bar had gone up slightly. ~"Well thats a neat trick you got there." she smirked. Jevi had only barely been scratched, but to be able to do that would be nice. Probably would save her life some day. 

Admiring Grave's healing skill had distracted Jevi from her attacker, which had managed to sneak up on her through the tall blades of grass once again. It found its way to Jevi's leg and began to coil its body as it traveled up the girl's calf. This time, however, rather than sinking its teeth into her, it began to constrict its body, squeezing Jevi's leg and cutting off circulation. 

~"Gah" she let out a grunt as the serpent began to squeeze the life out of her leg. She tried to shake her leg like last time to get it to fall off, it was no good. And she did not want to risk slicing her sword at it as well, for she might end up cutting off her own leg.  She quickly looked around for an answer, when she saw a large rock not far in front of her. She wobbled forward to the rock and grit her teeth, ~"Im.. just full of stupid ideas today.. aren't I." she said with a nervous chuckle back to Grave. She lifted her freed leg in front of her as high as she could, before performing an axe kick so her leg swung like a pendulum to her backside. The force of the kick caused Jevi to haphazardly flip her body..her calf with the snake attached to it plowing into the rock like she hoped it would. Once she felt the snake loosen its grip, she quickly sat forward and brought her sword down on top of it. 

ID: 26394
BD: 9 (3 dmg)
MD: 6 (1 dmg)

Grave: 10/15 HP

Jevi: 17/19 HP (-1)

Snake #2: 1/10 HP (-3) 

Edited by Jevi

"Yeah, comes in real handy, believe me," I replied, my British accent becoming more prominent with exhaustion. I noticed the grass shudder for a moment, though, but didn't alert Jevi in time before the snake leaped from the grass and began to constrict her leg.

She threw a nervous glance to me, and I shrugged back, before my eyes went wide, watching her bring her snake-leg down on a rock, sparking a memory. I'll tell her later, I decided. I felt a slithering up my leg and let out a sigh of exasperation as I went to scrape my blade downwards, but had already moved over to my other leg and sunk its jaws into it, thus my sword cleaved into my right leg. I bit my lip in pain as I threw Jevi a guilty glance.

---

ID: 26396

BD: 1 = Critical Fail

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (3 DMG)

Grave: 7/15HP

Jevi: 17/19 HP

Snake #2: 1/10 HP

Jevi brought her sword down on top of the snake, shifting her legs back behind her so she had a better angle to be able to strike more powerfully. The snake was persistent though, and was just barely holding on after her last few attacks. She let out a sigh as she brought her sword above her head again. With a swift slice, she brought the sword back down, splitting the snake into two. The two, not moving pieces of serpent dissolved into blue light, signaling the mob had been defeated. She smirked as she turned back to Grave, to see he had just done what she didn't want to do by slicing his leg. She shook her head as he gave her a guilty glance, and pushed herself up off of the ground. As she got to her feet, she stumbled, the axe kick she attempted, on top of a snake squeezing the hell out of it, really took a toll on the muscles in her calf. She wobbled and leaned against a tree, hoping Grave would be able to take out the last snake on his own. 

ID: 26421
BD: 8 (2 dmg)
LD: 11
+1 Snake Scaled (Mat)
+ 50 col

Grave: 7/15HP

Jevi: 17/19 HP

Snake #2: 0/10 HP

Edited by Jevi

Finally Jevi had removed one snake from the equation; I was not going to let her down. I'd done bad enough in front of her, I had to make up for it. Before the snake could do any more damage, I swung Severance overhead and to my side, aiming for the serpent coiled around my leg. The blade cleaved through the spring-like beast, slashing my leg in the process, but the snake began to dissipate into blue data. Puffing, I looked up at Jevi and gave her an exhausted but content smile.

I noticed a grey box pop up in my view, displaying the Snake Scale and 50 Col I earned from defeating the serpent. I threw a curious look over to Jevi, my eyes asking 'What did you get?'

(You can get a Good Item or Mob Health x5 Col as loot, since you got 11 on the LD) 

---

ID: 26501

BD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG)

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

LD: 12 = 1 Snake Scale (Mat) + 50 Col

Grave: 6/15 HP

Jevi: 17/19 HP

Snake: *DEAD*

((Oh! I didnt even realize it xD Thanks ^-^))

Jevi looked up from her leg to Grave as she heard the sound of his blade passing through flesh yet again. This time, it was not his own leg luckily. The mob vanished as did hers only moments before hand, claiming another victory for the two players. A small gray box popped up in front of Jevi, as did Grave, rewarding Jevi with a material for her to use in her smithing as well as an extra 50 col. ~"Just some col.. and a material" she called over to him. She continued to lean against the wall, a pained look in her eyes. Are broken bones even possible in this game? I didn't even think pain was a huge thing either.. Maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me.. 

She pushed herself off of the tree and began to limp slowly towards Grave. Trying to take her mind off the pain, she chuckled, ~"Thought I was gonna have to... pull you out of that one there" she smirked over at the man as she slowly made her way towards him. 

(No problem :P)

"I don't have much use for the material, so..." I opened a trade request to Jevi to send her both the material from our original encounter and from the slippery bastard I just removed. I sent it to her for nothing with a pleasant smile. Well, I thought it was pleasant. As Jevi approached me, I held out my fist to her and hoped against hope she would take the gesture.

I began to stroll across the plains towards the triangle of trees, Severance sheathed and my hands behind my head. I was unbelievably quiet, something unusual for me. Twice I'd made a fool of myself in front of Jevi that day. I would understand if she secretly disliked me. I was just hoping the 'surprise' was going to be enough to redeem myself.

I made sure to do my research on what I was going to show her. Without proper research, I was going to epically fail my 'display', but thankfully I had my plan all thought out. I was hoping Jevi would like it.

Jevi finally had made her way over to Grave, limping and stumbling the whole way. He opened up his menu again, sending another trade request to Jevi. At first she had a pout on her face, declining the man's gift before. This time, she let out a sigh and lifted up her hand, hitting the small 'yes' button to accept the trade. ~"..Thanks." she said to the man with a very slight smile on her face. She then noticed she held his fist out to her, she was not entirely sure where he was going with this, so she replied in the only way she figured. She raised her own fist up and bumped knuckles with him, with a smirk on her lips. 

As Grave took off walking towards.. she had no idea where, Jevi slowly followed behind, still limping because of her leg. She tried to walk as best as she could, being she did not want to fall behind Grave, or worse.. have him slow down. She had her pride to protect after all. ~"S-So, where are we going anyway?"