[PP-F1] A Grave Situation (Jevi)

"What do you say I make you some one day?  I mean, in-game of course." I told her, before flushing pink slightly and scratching my chin.  Thank god it was too dark for her to see the colour of my cheeks. "U-unless you would mind meeting up in the real world." I left it at that and didn't press the matter any further.

I chuckled as Jevi hit me again for the pun. I deserved that one. When she asked what I did before SAO, I choked a little. "Well... You see... Augh, this is going to be embarrassing, but... As I hadn't lived in Japan for very long after moving there from London, I didn't have a job.  I shared an apartment with the friends I mentioned earlier, and they graciously paid for me to live there. I feel really bad for not being able to pay them back, now."

"How about you?  What did you do?"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~"You'll make me some huh.." she nodded her head, ~"Sure why not, hoping you can actually make something taste good." She decided to take the man up on his offer, seemed like a good enough friend. Hell, anyone willing to make Jevi food was a friend to her.. especially one she had never tried before. She sat up slightly and looked over at Grave, who mentioned meeting up in the real world... ~".. Where are we now in this game... Floor Eleven out of One Hundred.. right?" she scoffed and laid her head back down, ~"Grave, you clear this game without me dying and you can take me wherever you want." she laughed. She joked of course.. she did not want to see Grave try and take on the game and die.. but at the same time she was slightly serious. She would not mind meeting up with anyone she met in this game if they were all still alive after finishing it. ~"Hell, maybe I'd even let you call it a date." she laughed lightly again, teasing the man.

~"Ah, so that accent is real." she giggled to herself ~"But no need to be embarrassed about that.. you were still adjusting to a new life. And coming from a different country, I'm sure its even tougher to find a job. Me..." she was silent for a moment, gently biting her index finger, ~"I.. had a small job.. nothing major.. Just made enough to afford the crappy apartment I lived in, and I did not have any roommates." She quickly sat up, a terrified look in her eyes, and she began to shudder. ~"I.. I live alone.... w-what if no one found my body.. in the real world....What if, when I return to that body... I-I..." she began to panic about the thoughts of not surviving the switch back into the real world. She sat there with her hands on the sides of her head, breathing heavily.

"Oh, Jevi, you're a bloody tease!" I complimented her after she mentioned calling the meet-up a date, and I gave her a gentle poke in the temple. I looked up at the night sky as I continued. "Alright then, I guess I'll just have to beat the game then. I'm holding you to that, you know."

Holy crap... Jevi was completely breaking down. She seemed absolutely terrified. I quickly scooted over and gently put an arm over her shoulders, firm enough that it would be comforting, but light enough to not be invasive. "Hey , shh, it's alright... I think we might have been moved to hospitals.  Someone might have tried to contact you, and realised something was cheesy. You'll be fine, alright?  I know you will... We all will..." I reassured her, and my expression became serious. I was going to beat the game, no matter what it took.

Grave's hand on her shoulder managed to calm her down slightly.. but she still could not help but freak out at the possibility. ~"No one would have tried to contact me. I did not have anyone on the outside world." despite trying her hardest to hold it back, tears began to swell in her eyes. She sat there, her hands still on her head, taking deep breaths trying to calm herself down. She was scared, she did not have a panic attack like this since her later years of high school, after her father died. She had gone years without going through this, but it of course had to come back strong. ~"I.. I'm scared.." she did not want to look weak in front of anyone, but she could not help it. She truly was scared on the inside, despite being so hard headed and strong willed. 

She had... No one on the outside? At all? If she wasn't in a hospital, she would have already passed out from lack of food or water, and she would no longer be in the game... I wrapped my other arm around her in a comforting embrace, holding her tightly.

"It's alright. You wouldn't be in the game right now if you weren't nourished enough, right?" I whispered in her ear, still holding her. I refrained from leaning my head on her; holding her like I was was pushing it enough, I didn't need her to snap while she was in shock. However, I was going to do whatever she needed to calm down. I didn't want her to end up like those many players who had been slain by their own hands. I was going to protect this girl with my life, and make sure she left the game alive.

Grave's calming hand turned into an even more calming embrace as he hugged her. ~"Yeah. You're probably right." her breathing began to return to normal as she slowly brought her hands down from her face. She even let out a light chuckle, ~"Heh.. My landlord probably busted my door down when he realized I was racking up a huge internet bill.." she spoke, with a couple of sniffles in between. She hesitated at first, but slowly put her head down on Grave's shoulder. It may not have been Shaya's shoulder, but it was comforting to say in the least. ~"Thank you, Grave. I'm sorry you had to see that." she spoke softly. 

Edited by Jevi

"See, you do have someone in the real world." I told her, still hushed. "You might not actually like him, and he might not actually be trying to save you, but he's still there." I explained. I was glad she managed to calm down, and didn't seem to mind my arms around her... But what really surprised me was when Jevi put her head on my shoulder. My heart skipped a beat for a moment; that was the first time a girl had done that. I breathed in deeply, then out, before placing my head on hers. The poor girl really did have a long day.

~"Its just hard.." Jevi said softly, her eyes closed ~"When you don't have any family... any friends.. and you're all on your own.." She took a long breath, trying to keep herself from crying thinking about her pathetic life on the outside world. ~"Thats why I like it here... I actually have friends.. people I could even see as family. For once, in a long time, I'm happy." Grave then rested his head on her's, and Jevi lifted her arm to hug him back, but then broke away from the embrace.. not too forcefully, but gently.. somewhat. She had a slight blush on her face, ~"S-Sorry. Thank you for calming me down.. Its been.. a long time since I've had a panic attack like that.." 

"If you ever need any help with anything, call on me, alright?" I asked her before standing up, and extending a hand down to assist her. I led us down the boxes and back out through the alley. We turned to the front of the inn, and I held the door open for the two of us to enter. Before I decided to walk up to the counter, I turned to Jevi. "Do you think you'll be alright by yourself, or do you want to share a room with me?" My tone was dead serious as I said this.

The purple haired girl nodded her head, ~"Sure, but I should be better.. I'll keep it in mind though." Grave then stood up, indicating the two were done here. He extended his hand down to the girl to help her up, to which, this time, Jevi accepted his help. Grabbing onto his hand, she pulled herself up with his support. The two hopped off of the roof down the boxes and into the alley way again. Before walking back onto the street, Jevi called out to her friend, ~"Oh.. and Grave." she said softly, but in a slightly stern voice. When he turned around to see what she wanted, she had pulled out her curved sword and held it just in front of the tip of his nose, her yellow eyes glaring at him. ~"You tell.. anyone.. about seeing my weak side.. and I will hunt you down..." She then pulled her sword back and spun it in her hand before placing it back behind her back, slipped into her waist band. She also gave him a wink and a smirk before following him back to the inn where the two would be staying. Entering the building, the two walked up to the counter. Grave then asked Jevi if she would be okay with her own room.. or if she wished to share one. She raised one of her eyebrows and gave him a look, before walking past him, opening her inventory. Walking straight up to the counter, she paid the man in full for two rooms, one for each of them, ~"I'll take my own room, thank you very much. And this one's on me." 

(I'll get Trist to lock up after your next post)

A smile crossed my lips, even though I had a blade to my nose. "Don't worry.  Your secret is safe with me." I assured her as she sheathed the sword.  When she went up and paid for the rooms, I walked with her towards the living quarters and turned to her before entering. "Well, I guess this is good night.  So... Would like a hug, handshake or maybe just a good ol' wave?" I asked, my smile calm and warm.

The two walked up the stairs and into a long hallway, doors on each side leading to various rooms in the inn. The rooms Jevi had purchased were just a few doors down, just next to each other. She walked past Grave to the door leading to the room she was going to be staying in, when he bid her goodnight.. going on to ask what sort of farewell they should exchange. She looked to the man and rolled her eyes with a smirk, walking forward and wrapping his arms around him. ~"Thank you Grave.. For everything." .. Oh what the hell.. she thought to herself, before giving him a light, friendly peck on the cheek with a smile. As she opened her door, to her room, she looked back to him with a Glare, ~"Remember.. you never saw this side of me.." she then gave him a friendly wave before closing the door behind her. She scanned the room, which was very simple. A bed made for one, a small table next to the head of the bed with a lamp placed in the middle, lit. On the other side of the room, in front of a window was a small round table with two chairs pushed into it. She walked towards the bed and let out a sigh. Reaching her hands up behind her, she undid her ponytail, letting her long purple hair fall behind her.. reaching down to her tailbone. She then opened up her inventory, un-equipping all of her armor, leaving her in just a black, sleeveless shirt and black underwear. Tapping on the light fixture to turn it off, she crawled into the bed and pulled the sheet over her, ready to get some sleep. 

(Aww, what the hell, may as well put a part of a post up with the summary XD)

I rubbed my cheek lightly as I stood there, dumbstruck, my cheeks flushing a bright pink.  I... Had just... Been kissed... By a girl... It took every ounce of my willpower to keep from cheering into the air. My heart racing like crazy, I made my way into my own room.  It was quite simple, I had to admit, but simple was never bad.  I strolled over to my bed, unequipped my shirt and shoes and leaving my trousers on.  I laid down on my bed, no bothering to slide into the sheets and closed my eyes, turning the bedside light off. Jevi... She has her quirks... But I'm already fond of her...

---

Thread Completion Rewards:

Grave: 600 Col, 1 SP

Jevi: 600 Col, 1 SP