[F2-OP] Pub Night [COMPLETE]

The Dented Helm, one of Jomei's favorite spots in Aincrad. This spot was a player owned pub on the second floor, and being the Irishman he was, he once would frequently make trips to this place. Its position just outside of the town square made it a perfect spot to draw in many players looking for hearty food, drink, and atmosphere. Being it was just after sundown, and many of the players in the area were making their way back from the fields, the patrons in the bar would usually double.

Due to the arena fights and possibility of fighting the next floor boss, Jomei had been focused more on training than drinking. However, stress finally caught up to Jomei.. the seclusion of a certain 'friend' of his pushing him over the edge.  So he decided tonight was a night to catch up on his old habits, and visit The Dented Helm once more. From the streets, one could see the silhouettes of many players in front of shining orange lights, the sounds of voices and clinking of glasses poured out from the ajar door.

Jomei unequipped his Glaciem Ingis and opened the front door to the pub with a tired look on his face. The pub was quite packed tonight, but he was still able to hear his own thoughts and easily make his way to the front bar. Upon reaching the front, Jomei took a seat on a stool and greeted the young woman behind the counter. Ordering his usual ale, Jomei took a long sip, followed by a relieved sigh. 

Edited by Jomei

Shaya found herself walking through the town square hoping she would find someone she knew, possibly go out for a night of drinking with them. She looked around the streets filled with people making their way home. Sadly she couldn't find anyone she knew, but she did notice a Pub that looked rather appealing to her. It was called "The Dented Helm." She peered inside through the window seeing the place packed. Her stomach grumbled as the smell of food hit her nose. Oooh, why is money so hard to come by.. I guess another night of mooching off of people will have to suffice until I can get up on my feet. She she adjusted her clothing and went in hoping someone would notice her right away.

Jomei sighed as he twirled his cup around, watching the auburn liquid create a wave pool in his glass. Hearing the door open, he slightly turned his body and looked over his shoulder. Through the door walked a girl with long brown hair and a yellow dress, which seemed to be revealing more than an innocent, cute dress should. He looked the girl up and down, he did not recognize her.. must be new to this place. He looked her in the eyes once again, and she seemed to be scanning the bar with a smile on her face. Maybe she was looking for someone. After his attempt at playing Sherlock Holmes, he turned back in his chair and continued with his ale. 

Aside from Shaya's ability to show off she could tell when she was being looked at.A few guys stared at her as she walked into the Pub. She figured to just pick one of them out in hopes of them liking her. At random she chose a guy sitting at the front bar. She sat down next to him and began to speak. Hey, you know what's good here? I haven't been here before so some help would be nice. As she spoke she leaned forward a little purposly to allure him into getting her something. Is he gonna buy it? God I hope so I'm starving.

Jomei placed his glass to his lips, but was interrupted by the sound of a girl's voice next to him. He shifted his eyes and saw it was the girl who had just entered the bar. The auburn haired player brought his ale away from his lips and looked at the girl with his olive green eyes. "Well.. If you're talking about food.. then just about everything here is good. If its drink your after.." he held up his glass of an almost finished ale, "A nice cold pint will do you well, lass." He spoke in a subtle Irish accent and a slight grin on his lips. He was being friendly with the girl.. but did not know what to think of her moving closer to him. He looked at her, and noticed he was able to see down her collar, since her dress was being pulled down slightly. His cheeks reddened as he quickly turned forward and closed his eyes, grabbing his glass and chugging the rest of his drink. 

She listened as the guy spoke. She tried to hold back a small giggle after hearing his Irish impersonation. Luckily she succeeded seemingly without him noticing. He quickly turned away from her and she knew that meant one of two things. Either A. he was done talking to her or B. she got to him. She decided it may take a little more for him to get her something so she crossed one legs over the other and tugged her dress down slightly more without making it too noticable. This is my first time here, would you mind getting me a sample of the food here? And maybe a drink if you feel so inclined? She spoke with a soft voice knowing that this might set him off if he didn't like her.

Without giving it second thought, Jomei replied almost immediately to the girl's request. He returned with a soft quiet voice as well, "Look.. I can see what game you're playing. Not the first time I've seen it here." He looked back at some of the other patrons, who would look over at the girl from time to time with large grins on their faces, "Most other guys in here.. would've worked. Maybe even me awhile ago." Jomei had his heart set out on another girl, so there was no way he was going to let the flirtatious ways of this newcomer overcome him. Jomei took a look at the girl one more time though.. avoiding the obvious distraction. He noticed that she had beginner gear.. and if this was her first time in a bar on such a low floor, she had to be a low level player with not much col. He let out a sigh, "But.. I can tell you're newer to this.. So here.." Jomei called over the bartender and ordered the girl a pint, as well as another for himself, and a plate of gyoza. He had the col to spare, he didn't use it much anyway. The bartender placed the two drinks and the plate of food in front of the two. Jomei picked up his ale and placed it to his lips, "So lets do this the right way, shall we? My name is Jomei."

Shaya was stunned at the man's words to her almost to the point where she left. He continued to speak and decided to order her food and a drink anyway. Now she was surprised at his courtesy towards someone he didn't know, so far in this world she hasn't been bought anything out of just kindness. She would always have to give other people insentive to do it. This gave her a glimmer of hope for the people in this game and herself. She responded completely unsure of what to say, T-thank you.. Soon after, the bartender brought a plate of food and two glasses to them. The man introduced himself as Jomei. She left a long pause before responding quietly. I'm Shaya.

Jomei smiled at the girl, "Its nice to meet you Shaya." He scratched the back of his head after her quiet response, seemed like he may have upset the girl. "Look I didnt mean to offend you or anything if I did... Im sorry." He pushed the plate of dumplings in front of the girl. "Its not that I had a problem with what you were doing. I just wanted to let you know it wasn't going to wok on me." he chuckled and gently pat the girl on the back. He took another drink from his glass. "If you need money, why don't you look into getting a profession?" 

Jomei appologized for upsetting her, but she didn't mean to show that she was upset. I don't like depending on other people, but at the level I am now what choice do I have..? She looked at him trying not to show any hard feelings, It's no problem, I don't completely blame you. He patted Shaya on the back and asked if she would look into a proffesion. She smiled which quickly turned into a small chuckle, I haven't worked for any company in my life, the most I've ever done is the dishes. I don't think I can run my own business. Getting a little more comfortable with the conversation she took a bite of one of the dumplings sighing in relief.

"Its not as tough as it is in the real world, trust me." he sipped from his glass again. "I can almost guarantee that half of the people I know did not have the job they have now here in SAO." He let out a chuckle, "I mean.. alchemists and blacksmiths? I don't even think theres many of those around any more in the real world." He scratched at the hairs on his chin, thinking. "Hm.. Maybe you could even become a cook.. make your own food and drinks and open a cafe.. so you don't have to ask people for them." he gave the girl a teasing wink and smile. 

As Jomei spoke she listened filling her appetite bite by bite. She took a sip of the ale brought to her, she thought it was a little weak but she wasn't about to complain to someone being so kind. He mentioned her becoming a cook and she imagined herself making the dumplings in front of her. She knew that was better than having to rely on other people all the time. I'd like to do that. But I don't have the kind of money for a shop, and I can't fight very well. I usually just hang around the lower floors in the cities or fields. She sighed knowing that she wasn't treating this world as much as a game as she probably should.

"You really don't need any money, or fighting skills for that matter, to open a place up." he smiled. He felt like he was truly playing his part by helping out another player in need. He opened up his inventory and moved his stool over slightly to Shaya to show her his menu as well. With a swipe of a few fingers, he went over to his completed quest log and scrolled all the way to the bottom. "You see, theres this easy quest you gotta do.. 'Earning a Living' it was called.. where you just go to a certain NPC. There, they just give you a few things to go out and collect." He closed the quest menu and swiped back over to his inventory, where he found his Material count. He tapped it, and a small diamond shaped recording crystal materialized in his hands. "What they'll send you to get are things called materials, or mats. For me, I collect recording crystals to record music, since I am a performer. But its different for every profession. Its just like gathering berried or other things for food like in the real world. After that, you bring them back and whip something up, and then you get a place!" Jomei scratched the back of his head after his explanation, "S-Sorry. I went off on a tangent there without you even asking." he laughed sheepishly. 

She made sure to pay extra close attention, which was very difficult for her. She had to fight the idea of her in a chef hat that stood above all else. As Jomei stopped talking she responded to his apology,  No no it's cool, I need that information anyway. Still, that's a lot easier that the real world. I dropped out of school my final year, so I've had a lot of difficulty finding a job. She took another drink of the ale and continues eating, the plate of food being almost gone already.

"Aye. Didn't think I was going to go along with the quest at first, but found it was very helpful. Got me the job, some materials for it, even gained a level or two from it. So its worth it from all ends." He finished off another glass of his ale, letting out a sigh of relief as he placed the glass down on the counter. "Yeah.. I honestly might have had a job lined up for me.. I don't remember. Before I could snag it, we got stuck here." he had a frown on his face as he shrugged, ordering another ale. "Ah well, I'll deal with the consequences of that once we clear this game." 

Shaya looked to Jomei and smiled, Well I think I'll be taking this quest for sure. And for helping me out I will cook you up something delicious. How does that sound? Shaya raised an eyebrow at him, thinking it was the least she could do. She thought more about it, and her money struggles as she finished off the order Jomei placed for her, quickly finishing the ale. Perhaps I can become  a great chef and make things like wedding cakes and holiday feasts one day.

Jomei smirked. He was happy the girl was going to take his advice. "Good, and don't be afraid to ask people for help as well. Despite not having to fight anything when I took it, I still had an okd friend help me. Might've gotten lost without him." He laughed, remembering that first quest he took all that time ago. He turned to look at the girl, "I think i might hold you to that."

Not fighting anything hm? I hope mine goes as well. I remember my first and only battle.. God I sucked. Shaya looked at Jomei when he said to ask for help and sighed, I don't like asking for help. It just makes me look weak. And I'm not, I'm just not a high enough level yet. She looked at him closely, nearly pressing her face against his. You just wait, I'll be a master levl cook in no time at all. She smiled falling back into her chair.

Jomei's eyes opened wide and a bead of sweat dripped down his jawline as Shaya closed the distance between them, a look of confidence and annoyance in her face from Jomei telling her to ask for her if need be. "I.. Just meant so its not lonely or boring by yourself." He let out a nervous laugh as she pulled away from his face. She then mentioned she was gonna be master level before he know ot, to which he smirked and tipped his glass, "I hope you do lass." He then took a drink.

She looked at Jomei again and he explained her misunderstanding. She sighed, I'm sorry I didn't think it through right Jomei then stated that he hopes she can become a level five. She smiled at him brightly, Awh, thanks hun. I really like the support. She winked at him, catching a few catcalls as she did. Ugh, idiots. I might not be smart but they don't think at all. I guess that's what separates you from them huh?