[PP-F1] guardian. Jevi

Glory sat on a bench and had her hands around the end of her long pink tunic squeezing the cloth in embarrassment. A matching pink shade covered her cheeks while a frown was on her face as well as a tears growing in her eyes. Two players who were both female and the same age had decided to pick on Glory because of her weight and lack of power in-game which were very silly things that wouldn't matter to most but Glory was too sweet to fight back and already so insecure that the words hurt a lot. 

"Why'd you even join this game? You're going to die anyways." A taller teenager said while rolling her eyes and the other one agreed by nodding her head and saying "Useless." Glory whimpered and managed to mutter "I-I didn't know I would get stuck..." She apologized for something she shouldn't just because that was what Glory did. Even after saying sorry these girls still found making fun of someone else entertaining. Would anyone save her from torment?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jevi exited the door of the blacksmith's shop and sighed.. She knew she would not have enough to buy a more powerful sword.. so why did she even bother. The slipped her thumbs into her cloth belt and walked off with a look of disappointment in her eyes. Jevi continued her walk through the Town of Beginnings, not really paying any mind to any of the other players around. She really did not care for what anyone else was doing at the moment, knowing she was still stuck on this floor with crappy gear had gotten on her nerves. 

As she continued to walk, she thought she heard the slight whimper of a girl, followed by another two girls laughing. Jevi stopped in her tracks and raised an eyebrow. Her eyes shifted left and right until she saw two girls standing over another girl who was sitting on a bench. Through the arms of the standing players, she could see the girl looked hurt and was about to cry. If there was one thing Jevi could not stand for, despite being very reluctant in helping others, it was when someone was being bullied. She took a deep breath through her nostrils and furrowed her eyebrows before storming off towards the action.

Without any care for what the girls were talking about or who they even were, Jevi made her way through the middle of them, bumping each of them with her shoulder and elbow. As she stepped through to where the girl was sitting, she span on her heels and crossed her arms. ~"What the hell do you two think you're doing? You have to stoop so low as to pick on someone in agame? Psh.. Grow up." She stood there tall, and being a little taller than an average girl at 5'9" helped a bit. She glared at the other two with angry yellow eyes, and her teeth baring through her lips. She shrugged her shoulders, ~"If you really want to pick on someone.. go ahead and try me.." she leaned forward so her face was close to theirs, ~"I promise I'll bite" and she ended with a very malicious smile.

A tall and obviously intimidating woman approached the group and Glory thought another heckler was going to join in the fun of teasing her so the words of the stranger surprised her. The taller teenager raised an eyebrow. "Please, you're not scary. Stop trying to be."while the shorter friend shook her head and whispered something in the other's ears. "We're not running away but have somewhere to go. Next time speak to us like that again and we'll show you who's tougher."The two strutted away and in the process attempted to shove the tall woman out of the way.

With wide eyes Glory hummed contently and smiled a little bit before speaking. "T-Thank you I-I swear I didn't do anything to them..."She looked up and at the eyes of her savior. "You're like m-my shugo tenshi. A guardian angel!" Though she spoke on and happily about the subject she was still quiet and blushed madly, her whole face red because of social interaction. "You didn't have to do that though. I'm not worth the trouble..."

Jevi gave a deep, sarcastic bow to the two other ladies as they made their retreat, ~"It was a pleasure meeting you as well" she said in a similarly sarcastic tone. She stood her ground as they attempted to shove her, making sure to throw her weight back at them. She watched the two as they walked away from her and the other girl on the bench. Once they were out of sigh, she let out an annoyed sigh and rolled her eyes, muttering a word or two to herself..

Her eyes then shifted to the girl sitting on the bench who smiled brightly up at her, thanking her for what she did. When she mentioned she didn't do anything to get their attention, Jevi raised her eyebrow, ~"Any idea why they attacked you like that then?" Jevi believed from this innocent look of this girl that she truly did not do anything to deserve such harassment. Wouldn't hurt to ask though and figure out the full story, she did save the girl after all. The girl went on to call Jevi her 'guardian angel' to which the stone faced Jevi could not help but smile softly and blush a little bit, ~"N-No really, it was nothing. I could not just stand watch them do that to you. I know how that feels." her eyes drifted back up to the direction where the two bullies walked away, making sure they would not come back. Jevi decided to take the empty seat next to the girl, letting out a relieved sigh as her back hit the back of the bench. 

Both girls stumbled forward not expecting the older woman to fight back and groaned out loud. They kept glaring back at the two until the distance was far enough. It seemed that this woman felt exactly the same way Glory felt because she seemed annoyed and even rolled her eyes though once the two met eyes Glory stared down at her lap and began twiddling her thumbs. "W-Well I'm not the prettiest or strongest... Don't y-you think I'm too big? Everyone else does..." Glory frowned and blushed while speaking as softly as her voice would even allow though the other could most likely still hear her because she wasn't speaking quietly.

"Nothing? You saved me and that's really nice of you to do for someone that doesn't even know you. What's your name? I bet it's something amazing." Glory kept her eyes away from the stranger but had obvious admiration for this woman in her voice that anyone would notice. "I'm Glory. Were you bullied before too?" Glory felt protected and more safe than before but kept her shy ways of course. When the woman took a seat next to her Glory jumped and then scooting away a little bit, to the edge of the bench where she felt safe.

Jevi leaned forward and listened to the small girl put herself down, answering Jevi's question as to why those girls were verbally assaulting her. She needed to lean in a bit to hear the girl speak, since she was so soft spoken. ~"Oh come on, hun. You're adorable. Definitely a lot prettier than I am. And not strong? I myself was afraid to fight a boar until only a few days ago." she laughed at herself. She looked over at Glory with soft eyes, ~"Don't be so hard on yourself. That will just give people like those girls more of a reason to pick on you." Jevi sat back on the bench and gave the girl a confident smile. 

Jevi scratched the back of her neck, ~"My name is Jevi.. See .. not that amazing" she chuckled mischievously as she jokingly called herself amazing. The girl continued to speak very softly, so Jevi needed to slightly lean in to listen to her talk. ~"Glory? Now thats a nice name." A few bad memories began to flow into Jevi's mind when asked about if she was bullied.. She thought about denying it.. keeping to herself. But she already let it slip, guess she had no other choice. She looked down at her feet and frowned. ~"Y-Yeah.. For four years pretty much. Maybe longer, I forget. But you know what I did?" She slowly turned to Glory and gave her another soft smile, waiting for the girl to question Jevi. 

"Y-You think so?" Glory blushed and moved her hand to one of the other's to hold it and looked up at the woman from her lap. "Then w-we can both be pretty t-together if you want." She dropped the woman's hand and was clearly embarrassed of her previous actions but shook her head when Jevi commented she pretty thinking that was impossible. Looking at her lap again Glory was a surprised at what the woman said not thinking There's nothing wrong with that. "I-I try not to but it's hard." Glory couldn't think of a reason not to be so critical and hard on herself. "I never thought of that really... Maybe I deserve to be made fun of then."

"Jevi? I like it." Glory smiled and glanced up at the woman with light brown eyes but continued to bow her head down and twiddle her thumbs idly. "I-It's my favorite English word." She replied while thinking of the reason why exactly she chose the name and knew it was because of the definition. "Really?" Glory's eyes widened as Jevi continued to surprise her. "What'd you do?"

Edited by Glory

~"Exactly what I told you before" she shrugged her shoulders as she looked at Glory with soft eyes, ~"I just ignored it.. and when the time came, I gave it right back to them. Showed them I meant business." she sighed, "I still.. really didnt get too much respect from them.. But it stopped some of the bullying." she scratched at the back of her neck. She chuckled, ~"Either way, you have to be more confident. Trust me, theres no reason you should put yourself down." She gently placed her hand on the girl's head and smiled. ~"You are a kind girl.. I can tell. Don't let anyone walk all over you though. You don't want to turn into a nasty bi-.. person like me." she chuckled lightly with a soft smile. 

"It's hard to ignore..." Glory frowned and her eyes teared up but she wasn't going to cry, just thinking about being bullied again was enough to scare her. "I-I guess next time I'll try and be like you. You're really special Jevi and the first person I talked to about this kind of stuff. Thank you for being so nice and giving advice to try to help me out."Glory smiled at her while blushing lightly and even giggled a little when Jevi corrected herself. "I promise not to turn into a nasty person ever. And I don't think you're one either honestly you're sweet." She gained the courage to look Jevi in the eyes . "My shugo tenshi~ You earned the title for sure." After praising Jevi in a friendly manner Glory felt much safer and better around the woman who she'd already thought of as her protector even if that wasn't true. Glory was prone to believing in anything her mind thought of after all. "I just wish I wasn't so shy... that doesn't help. D-Do you maybe want to do some hunting with me later on? I-I've only gone once b-but if we're together I-I don't think everything will be so scary."

She nodded slowly, ~"Yeah, it really is hard to ignore. That's why you just have to do it and not think about it. The outcome is better than you'd think." She looked back over to the girl, and noticed tears in her eyes. But Glory was strong willed, as she was not letting herself break down in front of Jevi. She appreciated that.. Jevi never really knew how to deal with people who were bawling on her shoulder. Jevi smiled again at Glory as she called her special and thanked her for giving her advice. ~"Of course, Glory." 

When she promised she would not turn into a nasty person, Jevi placed her hand to her mouth as she let out a light laugh. ~"Oh trust me.. you should have seen me when I first started here.." Jevi gently rubbed the back of her neck, thinking about how she regretted being so cold when she first came into SAO. She really did not want any friends at the time, and she was happy other people, especially Shaya, were able to change her outlook.

~"Shugo Tensei..?" she attempted to sound out the word, which came out better than she expected. ~"You said that means guardian angle right?" Normally Jevi did not like someone depending on her for help. Well, the old Jevi didn't. This time, she could not help but smile and nod at the girl, ~"Alright then, I'll accept that. But don't expect me to save you every time. I'm gonna make sure that you learn to defend yourself as well... D-Doesn't mean I'm gonna abandon you or anything though!" she quickly corrected herself, making sure not to upset the girl. She then turned the conversation around, asking if Jevi would go hunting with her. Jevi nodded in excitement, ~"Of course!" 

"Do it and not think about it... I'll keep that in mind." Glory repeated Jevi's words and then made sure to keep them in her mind from now on at all times because if she did then maybe Glory wouldn't be so soft and such a pushover. She wondered what exactly Glory was like before now and already couldn't imagine the woman being anything other than kind. "What changed you? It's not easy to change in the first place so it must have been something special. S-Sorry for asking I was just wondering, you don't have to answer that question if it's too personal." Glory felt bad for seeming like she was demanding Jevi to answer and made it clear the choice was her's to make.

She giggled when Jevi pronounced the word she'd been saying. Whenever someone pronounced Japanese words and it wasn't their native language Glory thought it sounded silly but surprisingly Jevi did pretty good. "Right." Glory nodded and smiled showing her teeth which was rare. "I know you won't. I trust you Jevi." Once the woman agreed Glory clapped and stood up. "Can we go now? I feel much more better and happy knowing I'll be fighting with you by my side."

Jevi nodded when Glory repeated the words back to her. She knew from experience that if you just ignored someone when they try to bully you, that they would eventually lose interest because, well, what would be the fun in it for them that someone isn't suffering from their attacks.  Jevi blinked when Glory asked what it was that changed Jevi. She looked forward, with a soft smile and a blush on her cheeks, ~"No its okay, its not too personal. Well, I.. met someone.. special. And after that, I began to notice most people aren't too bad." She giggled, thinking about Shaya. 

Jevi could not help but laugh lightly at the young girl's excitement. This girl is too cute! Jevi slowly stood up next to Glory, ~"Alright then, lets go head out now!"

Jevi's logic to ignoring bullying still didn't make sense to Glory but she said she would try it and would just for her new friend in the future should she ever be made fun of again or be randomly attacked. When Jevi blushed that made Glory blush too and she had a small idea of what Jevi meant. "Special?" She gently poked Jevi's shoulder and chuckled quietly. "You're in love~" Glory joked and grinned "I know that look from a mile away. Cute." She cooed remembering her parents making the same faces whenever they were around each other or talked about their years as teenagers which Glory never found weird but instead "cute". "You're right everyone has something good about themselves, or at least that's what I think." She said as the two began walking towards the gates that would lead to the dangerous fields outside of the starting city. Surprisingly her stutters were gone and Glory was already feeling like Jevi was a good friend. Thinking of that Glory sent her a friend request and looked at the woman sheepishly before nervously tugging on a piece of short brown hair hoping she would accept.

Reluctantly and after Jevi's response to her request Glory opened her inventory and equipped her claymore that would appear strapped to her back. The weapon was so big and she was afraid to use it but also very excited because it was always her favorite weapon in every RPG she played in the past. Her eyes settled on a boar and Glory gulped as she stopped in her footsteps. "C-Could you m-maybe go first?"

Jevi unconsciously nodded when Glory questioned this 'special' person... and even went on to state that Jevi was 'in love.' Her eyes widened a bit at the phrase, and her cheeks reddened more. In love? That was something Jevi never really heard much in the real world.. only in movies and such. Never did she really think she would ever feel that she was in love with someone.. But she was, and she admitted it. ~"Y-Yeah. I guess I am." she said in a very happy tone. Jevi listened to what Glory had to say, but her mind slowly started to drift to other places.. thinking about being in love and all. She then heard a ping noise that brought her back from her own mind. She looked forward to see a small message box, stating Glory had sent Jevi a friend request. She smiled at the girl, tapping the circle that indicated she accepted the request. 

The two continued their walk through the town and to the outskirts, where they prepared themselves for a boar fight. Jevi noticed Shaya equipping her weapon, which turned out the be a claymore. She blinked, not expecting the small girl to wield such a powerful weapon. She smiled and equipped her own scimitar. Looking over to Glory, she noticed she was still a little bit nervous about fighting it. Jevi placed a soft hand on her head, ~"Sure, ill go first." She then turned forward with her sword at the ready, glaring at the boar in front of them. 

They did not have the boar's attention yet. That was good, gave them the slight element of surprise. She ran forward with her sword at her side. Once she was in striking range, she slashed her curved blade across the boar's side. With a loud squeal, the boar turned to look at the two players. 

ID: 26202
BD: 6 (2 dmg)

HP:

Jevi: 23/23 (Hate: 1)

Glory:15/15

Boar: 9/11 (-2)

Edited by Jevi

"Thank you." Glory commented before Jevi ran off to fight liking the comforting hand on her head knowing that was a friendly gesture. Following up behind the woman Glory was ready to fight with her claymore now in both hands and at ready. Glory held the sword at her side and was reluctant to swing when it was her turn which lead to a failure on her side. She blushed and sighed knowing that she needed to be ready in battle at all times and sure when it was her turn to attack. "Sorry!" Glory apologized to Jevi knowing she let her friend down. "I promise I'll be ready next time."

Roll: 

2620524510GloryMsg_hover2.png2015-08-03 10:57:46

Jevi -- 23/23 (Hate: 1)

Glory -- 15/15 (Hate: 0)

Boar -- 9/11 (Miss)

(I hope you don't mind controlling the boar :) if you don't want to just let me know and I will)

Edited by Glory

((OOC: I was gonna message you asking if I should, I have no problem with it.))

The boar was angry now, being attacked by two different players, despite only one attack landing. Jevi by now had stepped up to Glory's side to make sure she would be alright. The boar took this opportunity to attack the girl that landed the hit on it. Its hooves dug into the dirt as it charged forward, its head lowered towards the ground. Jevi looked to Glory, but then back at the boar when she realized it was going for herself and not her friend. She quickly created a little bit of distance between her and Glory, just to make sure the boar would not change course and attack Glory. When she realized its approach was locked onto her, she readied her stance to counter the boar. It was now just out of arm's length of Jevi, and as the boar brought its tusked snout upward, she blocked it with the face of her sword. She shifted her weight so the boar slid off to the side, and she brought her blade down on its back. 

ID: 26207
BD: 8 (2 dmg)
MD: 5 miss

Jevi -- 23/23 (Hate: 2)

Glory -- 15/15 (Hate: 0)

Boar -- 7/11 (Miss)

Edited by Jevi

With Jevi by her side Glory definitely felt safe when the woman stood next to her but was confused when she moved away. "Oh..." Glory muttered to herself when no longer confused when she realized that Jevi was moving away so the boar wouldn't hit both of them in one blow. "Thank you!" She called out to Jevi before pulling up her sword and moving towards the boar. Glory held the large weapon at her side with both hands and ran forward though with stubby legs she wasn't the fastest. Well she was fast enough and got to the boar before the animal even noticed her swinging the double-blade its way which remained low to the ground but cut across the boar's stomach. "I promised to be ready." She smiled at Jevi and returned to the woman's side.

Roll: 

2624910921GloryMsg_hover2.png2015-08-03 14:53:42

Glory -- 15/15 (Hate: 2)

Boar -- 3/11 (-4 HP)

Edited by Glory
woop woop :D awesome BD roll

Jevi smirked at the girl as she saw her charge towards the boar with a sword that looked too big to be hers. However, the girl proved to be able to wield such a blade quite ferociously as she slashed at the boar with great force, knocking it off of its feet even. ~"Good hit Glory!" she called out to her as the girl settled into place by her side. She could tell there was not much left to this boar, so it was time to put it out of its misery. She spun her sword in her hand, which soon ignited in a red flaming light as her sword skill activated. She lunged forward at the beast, and with one final, powerful step, she brought her sword upwards with a mighty swing, knocking the boar into the air as it disintegrated into blue fragments. 

ID: 26293
BD: 10 (4 dmg)
LD: 3 +1 Mat

Glory -- 15/15 (Hate: 2)

Boar -- -1/11 (-4 HP) Dead

Edited by Jevi

Glory simply smiled when Jevi complimented her and nodded slowly while bushing feeling special since her guardian angel complimented her. Maybe she was okay in the fields but just needed to confidence and companion to join her out in the dangerous open. Her mouth opened in awe as Jevi finished off the boar an amazing way and big light brown eyes glimmered in admiration as she ran over to Jevi and hugged the woman's right arm affectionately while looking up at her. "That was super cool! You looked really great out there Jevi. Wanna take on another monster?" She was obviously excited and jumping up and down even while a smile showing teeth brightly shone on her face. There was no stuttering or nervousness just a natural blush since Glory felt very close to her new friend already.

Jevi watched as the fragments the boar had turned into fell into the ground and dissolved like snow not yet ready for sticking. Her lips curved into a smirk as she brought her sword back down to her side and brought her other arm up onto her hip. Suddenly she felt a small body tackle into her and latch onto her arm. Looking over with her yellow eyes, wide in questioning, she saw it was Glory. The girl was embracing Jevi's arm and hopping up and down with excitement. Jevi could not help but smile warmly and even blush herself as the adorable girl complimented her and continued to bounce happily. ~"Of course we can go take on another one!" she blurted out to the girl. 

Edited by Jevi