[PP - F1] Friends and Enemies «Feeding the Enemy»

"I can introduce you to both guild leaders if you'd like, and then you could make your decision after that if you'd rather do it that way." He looked from the strangely dressed NPC to Glory, and a small smile grew on his face. "Though that might just make your choice even harder, since I'm sure you'd end up liking both of them. Anyway, there's no rush to decide, you've got plenty of time."

With her acceptance of the quest and request for him to lead the way, Takao started to head off down one of the less busy streets. "Sure thing. We'll head out into the west fields and head toward Horunka. The road there should have plenty of monsters you can tame. Plus everything's a pretty low level out that way, so we won't have to worry about being in danger." The road lead them to the western gates of the starting town, where the paved walkways turned into a wide dirt trail that looked well traveled. He didn't have any worries that the paths would be safe, for he was confident that the constant traffic of players kept the monster population away from the roads.

(I'll spawn somethin' up in my next post, unless you have something in mind already!)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Heh. Yeah because if they're both great then I'd have a hard time making a decision. They sound nice thank you for offering that's really kind of you." Glory nodded knowing she did have a lot of time and was in no rush really to find a guild though having one early on was definitely on her to-do list since having people to help you and have your back was a good thing at such a low level. She began following Takao as he listened to her and did lead the way. "Okay! I-I'm sort of afraid to mess up or something I would hate to have to hurt an animal cause I made a mistake." Even though Takao told her that the road would be safe she still nervously tapped her fingers together and bowed her head to watch her feet with each step. "I-If you say so..." Glory equipped her claymore but kept the large sword strapped to her back for now not wanting to haul the heavy weapon around just yet.

(go right ahead! i like the idea of a puppy wolf or just a regular one if you don't mind)

Edited by Glory

Takao's jaw set in thought as he lead on and she talked, though he nodded his head as a gesture to show that he was listening. The idea that he was hurting the "animals" had only occurred to him for a very short moment a long time ago when he'd just started the process of leveling up, though he had long since set that mentality aside. His mind wandered, wondering if he'd be as jaded to the process death offline now that he'd spent so much time in game. A lot of the animals looked real, or at least real enough to him, after all. He huffed out a breath and shook the thoughts from his head to refocus on the task at hand; locating a suitable monster to act as Glory's familiar. A few ideas for potential candidates had crossed his mind as they walked, though it was difficult to say which would end up being the best for her.

"Yeah... They are just artificial intelligence though, y'know? You're not really hurting them, 'cause they can't feel pain. You can't really hesitate, or else... yeah." He didn't feel the need to finish his sentence with the clear direction it was headed. An atypical silence fell over him until he spoke up again, a smile having replaced his solemn expression from a minute ago. "I'm sure we'll get it right, though!"

He caught some sudden movement from the corner of his eye and flicked his attention over to it. A wolf pup had wandered out onto the path, and after a quick examination of the area, it seemed to be alone. Takao partially turned toward Glory and gestured to the small wolf pup with his hand. "How 'bout that one?"

Glory still didn't feel right hurting an animal just because it wasn't her favorite even though she didn't mind hunting this situation was different. "I forget that sometimes... Still stuck in reality I guess." She shrugged and frowned while looking around for an animal that might be her own in the future. Her heart beat fast because she was nervous for being out in the dangerous fields and also because she never knew what the outcome would be of her search for a familiar. But then she realized Takao was there with her and that eased her nerves just a tiny bit if any at all. She glowed and grinned as Takao did and nodded. "Of course we will!"

She turned to see what animal Takao was talking about and her brown eyes widened. "Yes please!" Glory jumped when she saw the small, pink wolf (pink of course hehe) and turned to Takao. "May I have the food item now? I-I wanna do this before I change my mind." She was nervous for sure and even shook a little bit but knew she had to do this and pushed herself on. Once Takao would give her the food she would reluctantly and slowly walk up to the wolf pup and keep a distance while holding out the food. "H-Hi t-there... I-I'm Glory." Her stuttering multiplied as the wolf looked her in the eyes but surprisingly the wolf compromised after a few minutes of prodding and awkward shuffling between the two. The pup eagerly ate the food and Glory got close enough to pet its fur which the wolf seemed to like. "T-Takao come over here!" She waved for him to come close. "What do I do next?"

A screen popped up in front of her which signaled quest completion, but she waited for Takao to reach her first to do anything else in fear of messing anything up.

26166 3 11 17 5 Glory 2015-08-03 6:39:52

Edited by Glory
one awesome dice roll :D

By the time Glory had set her eyes on the pink wolf, Takao had already opened his menu and began navigating to his inventory. He spawned one of the lower quality food items he carried around and held it out for her to take. He stayed back while she approached the wolf, watching with a small smile and crossed arms. A continuous influx of vigilant, perhaps even a bit paranoid glances around their surroundings kept him in a constant state of certainty that nothing was sneaking up on them while she worked her magic on the small wolf.

His head tilted to the right as the wolf took the food almost immediately, and his eyebrows raised in pleasant surprise. Even though he'd been holding out hope that it wouldn't prove to be too difficult for her, he was still anticipating a bit of failure. She called him over and he approached, his expression easing back into the habitual warm smile that he typically wore. Takao stopped beside her and leaned forward, supporting his weight by placing his hands on his knees. "Nice! You must have a knack for this kinda thing, huh? Usually it takes a few tries before people manage to get one to like them."

He glanced over and read the prompt that hovered in front of her, then glanced back to the wolf. "Well, if you want to keep this one, then that's it really. You just close outta the menu there and we can head back to the town." The alternative, should she not want that particular familiar, was a bit more barbaric than he cared to speak so freely about.

Glory was elated and eyes glimmering as she nodded in agreement with Takao. "Yeah... yeah I guess I do. Isn't she pretty?" She went ahead and assumed that because of the odd color of the wolf pup that it was a girl and went with that. "T-Thank you for taking me on this quest. I had fun and now I have little friend with me!~" Glory pet the small animal near her body already taking a liking to its new owner. "Oh." Glory muttered confused when another screen appeared in front of her. "So I guess I have to name the familiar? That makes sense. Hmm..." She stared at the small wolf next to her feet in deep concentration not knowing what to name her. "What do you think of Sakura?" Glory was asking Takao but mostly her new familiar that ran around in circles while yipping excitedly. "I think that's a yes." The pup wasn't very big maybe medium but too heavy for Glory to carry so she let the wolf walk right beside her. "Do we go back to see the lady or is the quest over?" She blushed when asking because Glory always felt she would ask something dumb but felt the need to say something.

Edited by Glory
science nerds say wolves can't bark so yeah

Takao straightened his back and chuckled as he nodded his head in agreement. "You two were practically made for each other, I think." A quick glance between them confirmed how he thought they matched. One of his hands moved to rest on his hip as he watched the two with a small smile, nodding along again when she suggested the name. "I think Sakura fits her well." He glanced down at the excited pup and laughed as it barked and ran in circles. "Seems like she likes it too!" He idly adjusted the strap that held his scabbard until it settled into a more comfortable position. "Seems like you taming is successfully was all that you needed to do, so I think it's just over 'n done with now. We can head back into the city, unless you had somethin' else you wanted to do out here?" He remembered her mentioning having not gone out into the fields before, so he was curious to see if there was anything she was interested in doing while they were still out.

Edited by Takao

"Right." Glory nodded and jumped hardly able to contain her excitement. "I'm glad we met for sure. What do you think Sakura?" The wolf howled (cause barking is a no no xD i'll never get over that) at Glory's statement which made the girl smile and giggle softly. "Guess some familiars can understand certain languages?" She shrugged remembering that her and Takao were still speaking their native Japanese language other than accented English like most players required to hear since that was the preferred language among everyone in SAO. "Well that was simple huh?" Glory felt the weight of her unused claymore on her back and stared at her feet in thought. "C-Could we go hunting maybe?" Keeping her head down Glory rocked back and forth on her feet. "I-I trust you enough as a  friend to fight with you. What do y-you think Takao?"

"That would make sense," Takao said in response to her comment about familiars understanding language. "I mean, the game is originally Japanese after all. I'd think they would understand some basic commands in that at least." He shrugged slightly and shifted his gaze to the fields, noting some monsters wandering around in the distance but still much too far off for them to be considered a danger. He found his gaze lingering on the distant animals longer than he'd originally intended, a sudden feeling of envy washing over him after being reminded of his dog offline. Takao always liked pets, and the thought of trying for his own familiar had crossed his mind as his gaze shifted back to Glory. "Sure, I could go for some hunting. I'm not a tank though, so I don't have any hate generating skills. I'll have to hit them first to keep their attention on me."

(Do you wanna take control of the monster, or would you rather I do it? It'd be a good way for you to get some extra posts.)

"That makes me wonder if the familiars adjust to know your main language picked from the beginning or something like that. I didn't really pay much attention to that part of the game guide honestly." Glory muttered the last sentence and mentally scolded herself for not doing that when she obviously should have but she didn't think that she would be getting a familiar at all. "A-Actually hate generates automatically so we're okay. You'll understand when we're in battle but normal players generate 1 hate with a normal hit and 2 hate with a critical... I-If I'm remembering correctly I mean." She remembered this in the combat tutorial section of the guide but wasn't exactly 100% positive she was correct so they would have to see.

Searching for an animal feeling a boost of adrenaline making her more confident and braver then usual Glory focused on a wondering too close for comfort to the group and pointed to show Takao. "I-I'll go first. If you don't mind." Waiting for Takao to answer after he spoke she would pull her claymore from its spot on her back and held it to the side with both hands. Jogging to the boar she went and swung at its backside causing a red streak to mark itself on the boar meaning she hit it. "Your turn!" She smiled and called out to her friend watching as Sakura growled at their enemy and treaded close behind Glory.

Roll:

2626594168GloryMsg_hover2.png2015-08-03 16:34:26

Takao -- 55/55 (Hate: 0)

Glory -- 17/17 (Hate: 1)

Boar -- 9/12 (-3 HP)

(i will start controlling it after you post :3 also didn't think before rolling so I'mma just go with tha flow)

Edited by Glory
totally forgot to edit stats

Takao glanced over at her with a raised eyebrow, clearly surprised by her knowledge of the systems. He chuckled lightly and nodded along as his hand reached for his back and he grasped the handle of his sword. The scabbard rasped as he pulled the blade free. "Well, you would definitely know better than me. I didn't read any of the guides or anything. I was uh... a bit too excited to get started to care. That sounds about right to me, though.He admitted, his free hand rubbing the back of his neck. The finer details of the game had gone mostly unnoticed by Takao, and much of what he'd learned was through observation and assumptions.

He followed her point to the boar, then glanced back to her when she claimed the first hit. One eyebrow raised again, though he managed to hide his surprise a bit better this time around, and he gestured for her to go ahead. He smiled faintly upon seeing her strike the boar, and approached the monster after she called him forward. "A boar wouldn't make for a very good familiar, would it..? Wonder what kinda buffs it might give..." His eyes became distant as he stared at the boar and raised his sword, much too enveloped in his own thoughts to pay attention to his actions. When the blade came down, he blinked, and noted that he'd only narrowly missed it. "Huh... Whoops!"

- -

» ID : [[ 26289 ]]

» BD : [[ 5 ]] *Miss*

"Nice try Takao." She said feeling like it was her job to keep their group going before smiling at her wolf pup who was trembling as bad as she was probably way more nervous. "It's okay Sakura! I won't let you get hurt." The words seemed to calm her familiar down just a bit but the wolf continued to growl and pose in a stance that showed fear and aggressiveness. An angry boar turned towards the two but had its focus on Glory which made her widen her eyes as the boar charged her way with its tusks ready to smack into her body. With a small step forward and closing her eyes tightly Glory huffed a "hee-yah" out loud as she swung her claymore to the side, the large weapon almost sending her flying to the left. She nervously opened one eye and saw that her attack worked and the boar was just recovering when she opened both eyes. "Phew..." Glory sighed and planted her sword in the ground by the tip waiting for Takao to attack only just noticing the red mark on her arm that meant she got hit in the process too which made her frown and brought nerves back to the surface. 

Roll: 

2629010466GloryMsg_hover2.png2015-08-03 19:19:41

Takao -- 55/55 (Hate: 0)

Glory -- 15/17 (Hate: 3)

Boar -- 5/12 (-4 HP)

(Boar does base DMG of 2)

Edited by Glory

Takao stepped aside to give Glory space for her shot at the wolf, making sure to move out of the way of her wide swing before it got anywhere near him. "Y'know, you're kinda of a natural at this!" Takao watched as she swung her claymore and closed her eyes in the process, though became preoccupied with the disposal of the boar before it could attack again. He approached it while it recovered and raised his sword again, then brought it crashing down on top of the boar's head, cleaving deep into its neck to take the remaining health away. When the boar shattered into colourful shards of data that quickly dissipated, he turned to face her, a smile on his face. "I'm not sure you needed my help after all, to be honest." His eyes shifted to glance at the large two handed sword, then back to her. The game made sure that stats and parameters made even the largest weapons able to be wielded by the smallest players, but he couldn't help but note how unwieldy it looked. "So, how come you picked a big sword like that?"

- -

» ID : [[ 26298 ]]

» BD : [[ 9 ]] (+1 critical damage)

« Boar »
[[ 0/12 HP ]] (8(DMG) + 1 critical = -9 HP)

"Y-You think so?" Glory blushed and shook her head. "Thank you but I'm sure I-I need your help in the long run. Just think...I wouldn't have taken the quest all alone you know." With the boar gone her familiar was back to normal and had stopped growling now sitting by Glory's feet. She pulled the sword from its spot planted in the ground and slowly pushed it back into its holster on her back. "...Just luck." Glory muttered but felt proud of herself on the inside, lifting her head as Takao spoke again. "This? O-Oh... well in RPG's I always picked the biggest weapons and since a battle axe didn't seem very good I went with this type of heavy weapon instead. It will take some getting used to since I'm so short but I can make it work. Don't ya think?" Glory joked and then giggled at the thought of someone so tiny yet chubby like her running around with a gigantic sword.

(Wanna maybe push this to 2 completed pages for more COL or stop sometime soon?)

Edited by Glory

"I'm sure you would've been fine either way." Takao raised his sword up to his back and aligned the tip with the mouth of the scabbard, then slid the blade down into the weapon's protective housing. The metal clicked when the cross guard locked in place, and he turned his attention back to Glory. "Especially now, since you've got Sakura with you." His own weapon paled in comparison to the size of her claymore, though he didn't seem to mind much. As an avid gamer, the concept of numerical statistics on weapons taking priority over their shape and mass wasn't foreign to him in the slightest. "Oh yeah, definitely. You and Lessa have that in common actually, she uses a claymore too, 'n she's great with it. She's even a blacksmith, so I bet she could forge you a better one no problem."

(We can push this to 2 pages easy. gotta get them dolla dolla bills y'all)

Edited by Takao

"I guess I'll have to find that out next time." Glory shrugged and referred to the next time she would go out hunting but all by herself instead which was unlikely but necessary in the future if she wanted to level up but had nobody to tag along with her. The wolf pup yipped one time and rubbed against Glory's leg which made her blush and nod. "Sakura will be a good ally I just know it." She felt confident of her familiar's ability even if the pink wolf didn't give buffs plus Glory was already in love with the adorable animal that seemed to feel the same about her owner. "Lessa sounds amazing alright. I really can't wait until I get to meet her... I-I hope she likes me..." Glory muttered feeling admiration for a woman she hadn't even met yet. "W-Wanna take on one more animal with me?"

(good answer yo let's get us some cash money)

Edited by Glory

Takao nodded along in agreement, feeling confident that the two would end up getting along. "I'm sure she will." He said after catching the muttering, his calmly spoken words accompanied by a warm and reassuring smile. His hand moved back up to grasp the handle of the sword he'd just placed back in the scabbard and pulled it out again, the tip of the blade held out and pointed away from him. "Yeah, let's go find another real quick. We should probably head back after that, though." Takao said as he adjusted his attention to their surroundings in search of another monster that seemed like a good quarry for the two.

"Good." She was glad to hear that Lessa would most likely enjoy her which always made Glory so much happier knowing she was safe from criticism and hate in the company of even strangers. Seeing Takao pull out his sword again made her reach for the heavy weapon strapped across her back once more to pull the sword out and drag it behind her with one hand as she searched for monsters to tackle. "That's fair I'm getting tired anyways." She nodded and spotted a wolf, swiftly turning away from that monster and headed for another but much larger boar instead. "I-I don't think I should kill wolves in front of Sakura just yet." Glory whispered to Takao kindly minding the familiar treading shortly behind the two. With that she pointed to the boar she wanted to attack and grabbed her sword handle with both hands now ready to go into battle.

Although she was very nervous Glory took one look back at a now growling Sakura that noticed the boar and felt slightly better especially with a friend around. With that reassurance Glory went for the boar herself that already noticed Glory and was in a defensive stance while huffing loudly and angrily. Now she headed for the much larger boar and lifted the claymore above her head while moving forward quickly to slam the blade down diagonally on the boar before backing off into her spot once damage was dealt. "Phew"

Roll:

26457103178GloryMsg_hover2.png2015-08-05 12:49:37

Takao -- 55/55

Glory -- 17/17 (+2 HP recovered from being out of combat)

Boar -- 16/20 (-4 HP)

(man i'm just on a roll today. pun intended)

Edited by Glory

Takao glanced down at Glory as she whispered to him, and he nodded slowly in response. With limited knowledge about how monsters operated and reacted to other monsters, and even less knowledge when it came to familiars, he could only offer his agreement. "That sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't want to take any chances just yet." He cast a fleeting glance to the wolf pup before he followed her hand to the boar, immediately noticing that it was just a bit larger than the last.

While she moved closer to the boar, Takao placed his left hand over the pommel of his blade, crossing beneath his right hand. The blade was held across his front as he approached the boar following her hit. He raised the blade upward by pulling with his right hand, then swung it up and over his head before alternating between pushing downward with his right hand and pulling with his left in one fluid motion for additional leverage as he stepped into his strike. His blade crashed down into the boar's side, leaving a large glowing stripe of a wound in its wake. Takao pulled his blade back and only shifted his position to keep himself between the boar and Glory.

- -

(pls send some of your dice magic my way ;-; except not this time apparently but i missed like 11 times in a row earlier)

» ID : [[ 26487 ]]

» BD : [[ 8 ]]

« Takao »
[[ 55/55 HP ]] [[ HATE : 1 ]]

« Glory »
[[ 17/17 HP ]] [[ HATE : 1 ]]

« Boar »
[[ 8/20 HP ]] (8(DMG) = -8HP)

Glory side-stepped so Takao wouldn't be in front of her anymore and moved towards the boar with efficient speed but she moved so quickly and trembled at the same time that her sword shook and long swing missed as the heavy weapon hovered over the animal, safe from her attack. Now the boar attempted to get its revenge on her but it seemed scared of the claymore so close to its body and stopped midway perhaps preparing for a more powerful attack in the future. Breathing deeply through her nose and being embarrassed she turned her head to avoid meeting Takao's eyes while awaiting his own move. 

Roll: 

265284915GloryMsg_hover2.png2015-08-05 20:55:56

Takao -- 55/55 (Hate: 1)

Glory --  17/17 (Hate: 1)

Boar -- 8/20 (Miss)

Edited by Glory