[SP-F2] Slayer (COMPLETED)

There are days when I can find things to kill or break, and others where I can't and I just sit around, chatting instead. One particular day was the former, and not in a good way. I was walking along the treeline near one of the giant mountains when I heard a giant roar and saw a huge, bulky Bear come rushing out of the forest beside me.

I managed to side step the brown mass's charge and brought Severance around my body and into the giant beast's rear before it could turn around. I gazed into the glassy, brown eyes of my foe and waited for it's next move.

---

ID: 26024

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

MD: 5 = Fail

Grave: 15/15 HP

Bear: 7/10 HP

Edited by Grave
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bear went for another wild and somewhat blind charge. I rolled out of the way of the rushing beast and stood up. I attempted to take a slash at the Bear from my right, but my rolling had messed up my environmental perception and I sunk Severance deep into a tree.

My astonished eyes travelled to the blade in the wood, then back to the Bear. It was strolling up to me and most likely wanting to take a biiiiig bite out of my side. I tugged on the stubborn falchion, trying desperately to remove it.

---

ID: 26025

BD: 1 = Critical Fail

MD: 2 = Fail

Grave: 15/15 HP

Bear: 7/10 HP

And a bite it took. I felt its enormous jaws envelope my ribs and crunch down. I wailed in - well, not pain, as the system nullifies pain, but something more like disappointment and pressure.

Thankfully, the Bear tossed me to the side and I tore Severance out of the tree with me. I landed on my feet and skidded for about a meter and a half. I felt the gash heal up slightly as my <<Battle Healing>> activated, before I pushed off, rushing at the predator.

As I got close, I didn't stop running. Severance glowed a hot white as I placed her blade to the Bear's side and dragged it along the length of its body, cleaving through its rear at the end.

Poor thing. Second time it'd had its ass cut open in the span of three minutes.

---

ID: 26026

BD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG)

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (3 DMG)

CD: 11 = HP +1

Grave: 13/15 HP

Bear: 3/10 HP

The Bear spun around while I was still suffering the motion debuff from using the Sword Skill. I could feel it's raging eyes on me as I counted the last few seconds of the debuff. Three... Two... One... Even though I felt my muscles loosen up, I stayed in my crouched position.

The Bear rushed me and I could feel its presence getting closer and closer. When I felt it stand up to slap - yes, slap - me, I turned my blade ever so slightly and it glowed a brilliant violet. I spun around and slashed, the blade slashing right through the Bear's neck, cutting its head off and sending it flying. The giant brown body disintegrated into blue shards and a menu with my loot from the kill popped up; One Crafting Material and a Grim Tunic, a light armour piece. I let out a sigh at the name as I took it and equipped it.

It materialized on my torso and took the form of a high-collared black shirt with a slightly longer bottom that covered my waist. It didn't look too bad, in my opinion. I guessed it was time to find the rest of the set.

---

ID: 26027

MD: 4 = Fail

Bear: *DEAD*

LD: 13 = 1 Mat + Good Item OR (Mob Health x5) Col

I felt my <<Battle Healing>> get to work once again, but not before I felt a coil of sticky thread envelop my sword arm. I spun around quickly to see a gigantic caterpillar in the forest! The game was just getting crazier and crazier.

At that distance, the caterpillar shouldn't have been able to damage me - or so I believed. I watched as the oversized bug yanked on the thread and I felt my shoulder pop from the sharp jerk, causing me to drop my weapon. I smirked as a determined mask covered my face, although I was still in the bug's grasp.

---

ID: 26028

BD: 3 = Fail

MD: 6 = Success (1 DMG)

CD: 12 = HP +1

Cater-Killer: 8/8 HP

I reached my left hand to the thread and grasped it as the caterpillar pulled me closer. I kept yanking on the thread, trying to break it, but to no avail. I was rapidly approaching the forest where the bug most likely had a host of offspring. I was desperate not to get eaten alive by giant caterpillar babies.

I pulled the thread up to my mouth, and my tongue was instantly covered in a vigorous bitterness. I gagged and almost upchucked on the thread, but I bit the bullet - or more correctly the thread. I chewed down on it, feeling the smaller fibres snapping under the sawing motion, each one producing a sour taste, like a lemon a week prior to being ripe.

Finally I bit through and rolled away, pulling the thread of my arm as I did so. I began to spit on the ground to get the taste out of my mouth as I picked up my sword. I stood up and looked the caterpillar in the eyes - at least I thought they were its eyes. I know nothing about bugs - and called to it, "You do not know how bad that tastes,"

---

ID: 26029

BD: 2 = Fail

MD: 5 = Fail

Cater-Killer: 8/8 HP

Edited by Grave

The caterpillar rushed at me at a speed I wasn't expecting. It swung its long, green body at me and slammed into my chest. I swear that I felt more than a couple of ribs crack.

In response, I slammed the spike on the back of Severance into the bug's green flesh, letting it swing me around. As the creature stopped its spin, I tore Severance out and let myself fly towards the forest, landing neatly in the bough of a tree, looking down on my prey.

---

ID: 26031

BD: 8 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

Grave: 12/15 HP

Cater-Killer: 6/8 HP

I leapt at the caterpillar and put my sword to my left, the blade glowing cyan as I swung it around, cleaving through the neck of the bug. I landed in a crouched position by the caterpillar, but the debuff took just too long to wear off.

The caterpillar spun around and reared its body up, before bringing it down on my torso, crushing me and pinning me to the ground. I watch my sword clatter to the dusty ground. As I lay there, almost helpless.

---

ID: 26033

Grave: 9/15 HP

Cater-Killer: 2/8 HP

I struggled to get out from under the caterpillar, but it only tightened its legs around my pinned body. I managed to slip one arm out and reach for my sword, but I felt the legs get tighter, crushing my left arm against body.

I felt for the handle of my sword and managed to barely grasp it. I swung around, barely missing the attacker and pulling my left arm in the process.

No way was I going to die by caterpillar suffocation.

---

ID: 26037

BD: 3 = Fail

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

Grave: 8/15 HP

Cater-Killer: 2/8 HP

I managed to get it on the backswing, slamming the blade into the flesh of the bug. However, it wasn't enough. I felt it continue to crush my immobile body as I kept pushing on the handle of the sword, trying to push it through.

I finally pushed hard enough to tear through the caterpillar, and I had to put my sword arm to my eyes to keep the bright light out as I felt the creature shatter.

I saw another tab pop up displaying my earning; One Crafting Material and nothing else. I frowned in disappointment.

---

ID: 26039

Grave: 5/15 HP

Cater-Killer: *DEAD*

LD: 4 = 1 Mat

• 2 weeks later...

My eyes travelled to my level and HP; I'd gone up, my health refilling.  I wiped my brow and let out a deep sigh.  Couldn't hurt to do some more hunting, I figured.  I swung Severance around a few times to test my sword arm, and  it didn't feel too bad.  Sure, healing removed in-game injuries, but man, having your shoulder pop still hurt like hell, even with the pain dampening.

I proceeded forwards into the forest.  Maybe something else lurked in there for me to kill?  The woven canopy of leaves and other foliage overhead obscured most of my view of the already rather obscured sun, adding to the eerie atmosphere of a forest where giant friggin' caterpillars lurked.

I heard a tiny crack in the ominous silence, the minute sound resounding through the trees.  I spun my vision swiftly to see a small person - or was it a tree? - about the size of a primary school child, standing between two larger trees.  I spun Severance around into a backhand position as I gave the little guy a sly smirk.

I rushed him, bringing Severance behind me.  Her blade shone a lush green, matching the canopy I was under.  I brought her around and into the head of green leaves, slashing through as the little fella attempted an escape.  The creature fell to the ground from the slash and tried with all its might to get back up.

---

ID: 27299

BD: 8 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 5 = Failure

Grave: 17/17 HP

Baby Ent: 7/9 HP

Edited by Grave

I strolled over to the little wooden creature and crouched beside it.  Maybe I could give it a chance to make a comeback?  I looked on as the monster finally stood up on shaky, twig-like legs.  It turned its emissive, golden eyes to me, and pulled a weak fist back.  All It did, though, was topple over beside me into the dirt.

I stood up and let out a deep breath before planting Severance in the helpless creature's back, pinning it to the earth.  Now that I think back to it, I was extremely cruel to the poor thing.

---

ID: 27300

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 1 = Critical Failure

Baby Ent: 5/9 HP

Edited by Grave

I decided to give it a third chance.  I drew the blade out, the metal crying against the wooden flesh.  The little thing sure seemed desperate.  It pushed itself up a second time and turned to face me.  It strolled right up close to my legs, and the little bastard kicked me in the kneecap!

But I healed it, because <<Battle Healing>>

---

ID: 27301

BD: 2 = Failure

CD: 10 = HP +1

The little guy went to kick me a second time, but I moved my leg back just that tiny bit and he missed.  I felt seriously sorry for the bastard.  It's next move was a punch, which I just as easily sidestepped.  I gave a very sneaky smirk, realising I could play a bit of a game with the little guy.

It punched again and I sidestepped.  Kicked, and I moved back.  I continued to dodge the little guy's attacks, prancing around it like one of Jolly Santa's Reindeers.  The small wooden appendages kept on whistling past my long legs, until...

He headbutted my shin.  He actually lowered his noggin and barrelled straight into it.  I sighed once again and looked down at the hapless tree, a sorry look printed over my entire face.

---

ID: 27302

BD: 1 = Critical Failure

Grave: 16/17 HP

Even after dealing with my hard shin, it kept pushing against it, even bothering to wrap its arms around my calf as its tiny legs kicked up the dirt behind.  I didn't even budge.  That was really sad, and I felt I should probably have put it out of its misery in the first place rather than teasing it.

I shook my leg lightly, but it didn't let go, so I decided to get a little rougher, and my shin actually slammed into its head.  As it reeled back from the concussion.  I brought Severance toward it from below and sliced through what would have been its chin.  It was so painful to see it try so hard and get nowhere.

---

ID: 27304

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 16/17 HP

Baby Ent: 2/9 HP

Aaaaand my <<Battle Healing>> showed its muse again.  Really, I kinda wished I could help the little guy.  He was so helpless, he felt like a young child who was play fighting, not realising he was going to die.  One more hit would have put the guy out of his misery.

I raised Severance overhead, but I was going to give the poor guy some special treatment; he was going to meet my darling's back spike.

---

ID: 27305

BD: 2 = Failure

CD: 12 = HP +1

Baby Ent: 2/9 HP

I brought Severance's spike down into the helpless tree monster's bushy head, and the yellow lights in the blackness faded away, before the poor creature shattered into data.  At least it wouldn't have been in agony any longer.

I looked over my earnings; a glove item (although not of the Grim series), Twisted Bloodlust (quite coincidental, I must say).  I equipped it, and it was more like a glove and a bracer.  On my right, my sword hand, a full-fingered glove of black leather had materialised, a flame pattern woven into the back in glistening scarlet thread.

On my off hand a crimson bracer had wrapped itself around my wrist, its clips a deep blue alloy, and the seams embroidered in a dark gold. The top seemed to have a plate of metal inserted, which could possibly function as a bit of a makeshift shield.  After flexing my fingers and rolling my wrists, I concluded that they were some pretty comfortable gear.  Oh, and I also received an Ent Twig.

My 'look at my loot' moment was rudely interrupted by the earth shaking behind me, and I whipped my shock of silver hair around to see...

Oh, bloody hell, I think that might just be the daddy.

---

ID: 27306

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 3 = Failure

Baby Ent: *DEAD*

Ent: 12/12 HP

LD: 14 = Good Item + Ent Twig (Crafting Material)

Edited by Grave

This giant tree man loomed over me.  I think it was pretty pissed that I killed its little baby.  I gave it a nervous grin, before it produced an enraged roar, its already bright golden eyes burning even brighter.  It raised a fist and brought it down at me, and I barely managed to dodge.

I spun around and swung Severance at the creature, but the blade just glanced off of the thick wooden flesh, bouncing off and causing me to recoil.  I managed to backpedal out of the way of the next swipe, but wasn't so lucky in escaping the whopping uppercut it gave me, knocking me into next week (in other words right into a tree five meters away).  I sat up and shook my head to clear it of the concussion, and I rubbed my sore jaw tenderly.

---

ID: 27403

BD: 4 = Fail

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 14/17 HP

Well, I managed to pull myself up, but not before I was quickly pushed down by a thick, wooden foot.  I felt my back dig into the earth as the creature's weight was upon me.  Thankfully, Severance was still in my grasp.  If I could get a good strike in, I could possibly have gotten the beast off.  I brought Severance above my head and swung at the leg...

But the blade bounced back off of the giant.  No matter how many times I flailed my weapon at the wood, it glanced off each time.  Was that the end for me?

---

ID: 27404

BD: 5 = Fail

MD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

Grave: 12/17 HP

The foot continued to push me down into the soft earth.  I just couldn't get it off of me... But I refused to die.  As I felt like my lungs were about to pop, fires lit in my eyes.  I could feel my <<Battle Healing>> do its job, and that's all it took to distract the giant.

"I... Refuse... To die!" I shouted at the tree before sticking the back of Severance's blade in my mouth.  I grabbed hold of the big tree's foot and pushed up.  It didn't budge, but I kept pushing.  The fires in my eyes began to consume my muscles, and they burned in pain.  However, I proceeded, pushing harder and harder, and eventually I felt the monster's weight lift off my chest.  I levered the foot up, sliding my legs below me to help me push.

I gave a sharp twist to the leg, and I watched the 'ankle' splinter.  In the small moment I had when the beast stumbled, I pulled Severance out of my mouth and swung her from my left, the blade glowing a hot white and sinking itself halfway through the leg.  I jerked my weapon out as the tree stumbled away, favouring it's injured leg.

The fire had consumed me.  I was not going to die.

---

ID: 27407

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

CD: 11 = HP +1

Grave: 13/17 HP

Ent: 10/12 HP