[SP-F2] Slayer (COMPLETED)

I rushed the tree, yelling into the incoming wind in a horrid battle cry.  I could still feel the flame in my soul, the burning rage consuming me.  I ducked an overhead slam from the monster and swung Severance around, spike-first.  I felt it spear something and looked the beast in the eye, a smirk crossing my lips...

But it had no reaction.  I looked at my weapon, and the spike had hooked itself on a loose branch.  Oh crap, was the thought running rampant in my head before a gigantic club of a fist slammed into my side, sending me skidding across the grass.  The adrenaline kept me going though.  I held my side and eyed the big guy off.

And I rushed him again.

---

ID: 27412

BD: 1 = Critical Failure

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 10/17 HP

Ent: 10/12 HP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leaped at the giant tree, reaching for my darling, but my legs were soon met by a giant fist.  I felt them crush, and I was flipped A over T through the air... But all that happened was a smile that crossed my lips.  I reached out for a loose branch on the tree and managed to grab it firmly, swinging myself back around and to its front.  I felt like a freaking British Tarzan to be blatantly honest.

I yanked Severance out, but I didn't leave it at that.  I placed her edge to the wooden flesh, and my momentum caused the blade to dig in.  The branch brought me all the way back up, and behind its head.  I wasn't going to be able to land on its back with the state my legs were in, so I had to pick my attack moment carefully.

I plunged my falchion into what would have been the beast's nape and let go of the branch.  Gravity pulled me down, and with me my blade came too, slicing through the tree's neck.  The sword finally exited and I landed on the ground, before rolling backwards to safety, my legs still dead.

Oh, and I was still on higher HP than it, 'cause <<Battle Healing>>.

---

ID: 27414

BD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG)

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG)

CD: 11 = HP +1

Grave: 7/17 HP

Ent: 6/12 HP

I managed to pull myself back up onto my feet, although very shakily.  The giant tree seemed pretty stuffed too; it almost looked like it was puffing.  Do tree men need air that ba- actually, that's a stupid question.

I walked up to the giant - yes, walked - dragging Severance's tip through the grass behind me.  My chest heaved, my lungs burned and my soul was still alight.  The coals still glowed hot, and they wouldn't stop until I was finished.  I stood in front of the creature, and it made a lazy swipe at me, landing directly beside my spot.  But I didn't dodge.  It just missed and that was it.  I raised Severance above the arm and she glowed crimson.  I brought her down and cleaved through the arm, causing the monster to roar in pain as it cradled the injured arm.

Twisted Bloodlust actually suited me, it seemed.

---

ID: 27415

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

MD: 2 = Failure

Ent: 3/12 HP

The poor bastard.  It rocked back and forth, just trying its absolute hardest to hit me.  Each swipe missed, slamming into the earth.  I didn't bother lifting Severance.  All I received was a glancing blow from the giant's blind flailing, and that's it.  One fist came straight at my chest, but I didn't change my stance.  I simply brought my bracer down and caught the now weak fist on it and held it there with ease.

I felt that glancing blow heal up some.  Thankyou, <<Battle Healing>>.

---

ID: 27416

BD: 1 = Critical Failure

MD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

Grave: 6/17 HP

Ent: 3/12 HP

The beast continued to push, but its giant tree feet only slid back along the grass as it struggled against my simple bracer.  It had barely any strength left.  That what happens if you piss me off.

"Let's just finish this already," I told it as I brought Severance up behind my head.  She glowed lavender, and I brought her around, slashing straight through its chest, knocking it backwards with the minimalistic force.

It lay there, helpless, its wooden chest heaving.  I would have been surprised if it could hit me if I gave it a free chance.

---

ID: 27417

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 5 = Failure

Grave: 6/17 HP

Ent: 1/12 HP

I decided to tease the beast a tad bit longer.  My rage had not been extinguished yet.  I strolled over to it and climbed onto its gigantic chest, looking down into it emissive eyes.  I sat down on the thing's chest and placed Severance's tip to the wood, beginning to carve my signature across the branches.

I felt my <<Battle Healing>> go off again and I smiled.  The poor bastard was teased that much further.  I was literally giving it a free hit by sitting where I was.

---

ID: 27418

BD: 5 = Failure

The Ent struggled with all its might; something that left as quick as a lightning bolt.  It felt its AI begin to black out from the exhaustion.  It couldn't avenge its baby, and instead fell to the same cold-blooded killer.  The silver haired man sitting on top of him continued to carve in its chest.  He was making his mark on his prey, even though it was going to disappear as soon as the Ent died.

-----

I looked at the beast's eyes and noticed the golden eyes dull.  Come to think of it, its chest had stopped moving too.  Was it in a coma?  Poor thing; one more hit would kill it.

---

ID: 27419

BD: 3 = Failure

MD: 5 = Failure

Edited by Grave

I was basically surprise attacked by the seemingly spent tree.  It rolled over and pressed its then carved chest into me, attempting to break my bones.  I swear I felt more than a few bones shatter, but that didn't matter much.  I could feel my <<Battle Healing>> activate again for the fourth time in five minutes.

I pressed my face into the carved wood and breathed a heavy sigh, smiling.

---

ID: 27420

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

CD: 12 = HP +1

Grave: 5/17 HP

"Rest in peace," I whispered into the giant wooden chest, and I impaled the creature with Severance from below, and I felt its giant body go limp on me, before shattering into thousands of pieces of data.  I refused to die.

I glanced at the equipment I received from the kill; a crafting material by the name of Ent Log, and... Nothing else.  There was nothing but the Log.

I began to shout obscenities out into the open air.

---

ID: 27421

BD: 8 = Success (2 DMG)

Grave: 5/17 HP

Ent: *DEAD*

LD: 5 = Ent Log (Mat)

I dropped my exhausted body onto the grass under the dark canopy and raised my bracer to my eyes.  Wow... Nearly died for nothing, I complained.  I still had a few hours of daylight left.  Maybe I could have gone hunting for some more Bears?  Well, my brain disagreed and decided to put me to sleep instead.

-----

This girl... The one with the azure hair and blinding light covering everything but her head.  She didn't turn to face me once, she only kept stepping down the hallway, her luminescent feet making an absence of sound each time they landed.  I kept reaching for her, I knew I was within touching range, but something didn't let me.  My hand wasn't being forced back, but it wasn't passing through, either.  She turned a corner and I was swift to follow.  I attempted to match my pace to hers and walk abreast to her, but to no avail.  If anything, she matched her pace to mine; as fast as I, or as slow as I, keeping herself within reaching distance, but alas I could not touch her.  We turned another corner and another right after, and I came face to face with a brilliant white glow, and my mind began to resurface.

-----

My eyes began to slowly open to the shadows around me - or not.  My eyes were held shut by what could only be described as a sticky blindfold, and the same material was wrapped around my body.  To add to the problem, I was not laying on the ground and was instead suspended in a tree (at least I thought it was a tree).  It was another of those bloody caterpillars.  My closed vision drifted to my health bar; Jesus, how long was I out?  It was just about back to full. I guessed I was just going to be fighting the bastard blind.

I bent my wrist forward, trying to fumble for my sword.  The pommel was shaped like a talon, so if I could have grabbed my sword, I could have used it to rip through the threads.  My hand felt the gritty red leather that made up Severance's grip, and I grabbed it with my fingertips.  I slowly slid it from the sheath, feeling it puncture the white thread.  As her sheath had a large crevasse through the top to allow her spike to come out, I was able to push down on the sword and push the talon down through the sticky thread.

I continued to move the talon up and down, over and over until I finally felt the 'cocoon' release, and I rapidly plummeted to the grass.  I landed slightly heavily, but not too much, on the grass and I heard Severance sink into the earth beside my head.  I picked myself up and removed Severance from the dirt, taking up a focused position.

I listened closely.  Where was he?  I heard a shuffling in the grass behind me, getting closer and closer, and I spun around with my blade, cleaving through some unknown matter - most likely the caterpillar.

---

ID: 27561

BD: 8 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 3 = Failure

Grave: 15/17 HP (Not fully healed)

Cater-Killer: 8/10 HP

I could hear the beast rear up for an attack, and I sidestepped out of the way, hearing the soft body crash into the earth.  The grass shifted, and I leapt into the air, feeling the caterpillar's body barely miss my legs in a second attack.  Thankfully when I landed I still had my sword out flat, as the monster attempted to crash its head into me, but it connected with my sword blade.

I pushed the head away and slashed into what I was hoping was the caterpillar's skull.  I'd definitely hit something, as the giant bug moved quickly and flung me away, and I skidded across the grass.  Great.  I was going to have to find it again.

---

ID: 27566

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

Grave: 15/17 HP

Cater-Killer: 6/10 HP

I tuned my hearing again, but I could hear nothing.  Had it stopped?  What was it doing?  My thoughts were soon interrupted by a thick body crashing into my chest and flinging me across the forest.  I tumble on the ground a few times, before landing on my feet and skidding for a few metres.

I wiped the spit from my lips that fell out as I was hit and called to the bug, "I see you did a bit of damage there," I told it, "It'd be a shame if I," I felt my <<Battle Healing>> activate, "Healed it,"

---

ID: 27567

MD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

CD: 12 = HP +1

I could hear the giant bug rushing at me at full speed this time.  I gave a smirk as I raised the bracer on my left wrist and managed to stop the thing right in its tracks.  It definitely worked like a makeshift shield.  I pushed against the caterpillar, shifting it backwards across the grass.

I swung Severance around, but with the blindfold, my swipe soared over its head.  Before the caterpillar could make a move, I pushed on it and skidded backwards, away from the bug.  I had to get that blindfold off.

---

ID: 27571

BD: 4 = Failure

I brought Severance's spike up to my eyes and carefully slid it into the threads, splitting them slowly.  Soon enough I felt the blindfold fall loose, and the first thing I saw was a giant caterpillar charging at me.

I managed to sidestep out of the way and let it rush past me.  I raised my falchion to my shoulder and she glowed a hot orange.  My arm struck out, and I covered the distance between me and the bug, cutting straight through it.  I spun around to face my opponent again.

---

ID: 27574

BD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG)

Cater-Killer: 2/10 HP

Edited by Grave

It retaliated by swinging its large green body at me, and I barely ducked under it - but it messed up my hair, which I really wasn't happy about.  But what really caught me off guard was... The thing was continuously spinning around, like a spinning top.  Was the AI confused or something?

But I soon realised it was a defensive manoeuvre.  As I attempted to attack the bug, each slash soared past the body, it was spinning that unpredictably. I sighed as I lifted my blade to my shoulder.

---

ID: 27576

BD: 2 = Failure

"Oof!" I grunted as the caterpillar body slammed me into a tree.  It had suddenly lashed out from its spin and caught me by surprise.  Thankfully, it wasn't like the giant tree guy.  It didn't keep pushing me into the tree and instead let me go.

I stood up, my legs slightly wobbly, and I began to circle around my foe.  When the beast hit me, Severance had flown over it and sunk into the earth.  I had to go and retrieve her.

---

ID: 27577

BD: 2 = Failure

MD: 6 = Success (1 DMG)

Grave: 14/17 HP

The caterpillar began spinning wildly again, this time to stop me from retrieving my sweetheart.  However, a stupid spin wasn't going to do anything.  I bent my knees and leapt at the caterpillar, landing on its head.  I pushed of and it quickly stopped its spin.

I snatched up Severance as I flipped past her.  I didn't leave a moment to spare when I hit the ground.  As soon as my feet touched the ground, I brought severance up behind my head and charged caterpillar, slashing downwards as I approached.  The blade cleaved through the green flesh, and the beast shattered into data.

I looked at my earnings and read I only received some Cater-Killer silk.  Well, at least I knew their names, now.

---

ID: 27578

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

LD: 7 = 1 Cater-Killer Silk (Mat)

Grave: 19/19 HP (LVL Up)

Cater-Killer: *DEAD*

Hell, I'd levelled up again!  It was happening pretty damn fast.  I swiped open my menu and checked the time.  Three o'clock, still a couple more hours of sunlight.  I strolled further into the forest, looking around for another Baby Ent, hopefully not coupled with a parent.  Thankfully when I found one, that was not the case.

I unsheathed Severance, her blade singing against the leather embracing her.  I held her atop my shoulder, and her blade glowed flame orange.  My arm brought itself down and launched me towards the little wooden creature, a fiery line crossing through it and revealing the red cross-hatching in its wooden flesh.  I spun to face the small foe.

---

ID: 27364

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

Grave: 19/19 HP

Baby Ent: 7/10 HP

I was met with a tiny fist to the gut and I dropped to a knee.  This one was a little tougher than the first, but it was still going to be more than an easy kill.  It went to strike me again, but I just stood up and stepped out of its range.  I held my falchion behind me with her tip facing up, and her blade glowed azure.  My arm swung in a large arc from the bottom and through the baby's body to the top.

I was hoping I wasn't going to need to be so cruel with this one.  I didn't need a second Twisted Bloodlust.

---

ID: 27635

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (2 DMG)

Grave: 17/19 HP

Baby Ent: 5/10 HP

Edited by Grave