[SP-F2] Slayer (COMPLETED)

I went for a second strike on the Ent with the back swing as the child attempted to attack my leg, but... It just toppled over by my leg.  The tip of my sword whistled over the back of the immobile Ent and let out a heavy, drawn-out sigh.  I plunged my falchion into the dirt beside the creature and crouched down beside it.

I decided to help it this time, to give it a chance at getting me.  I grabbed it by its tiny wooden shoulders and picked it up off the ground, standing its wobbly feet onto the grass before retrieving my falchion again.

---

ID: 27367

BD: 4 = Failure

MD: 3 = Failure

Grave: 17/19 HP

Baby Ent: 5/10 HP

Edited by Grave
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stood up and looked down at the dizzy child.  Those guys were seriously useless.  All thought of taking one as a familiar was absent from my mind.  Seriously, the poor thing stumbled around on the grass, before noticing my leg.

It took one swing at my leg, and did next to nothing.  I crouched down in front of the little guy and looked into his golden, and rather confused, eyes.

---

ID: 27709

BD: 3 = Failure

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

Grave: 16/19 HP

Baby Ent: 5/10 HP

It continued to stare me in the eyes.  It looked like it was waiting for something to happen.  Well, I decided I may as well give it something.  I stood up and towered above the child and placed Severance to my side.  She glowed violet, and my hand swung her upwards, slashing through the bush of a head and sending the little creature to the earth.  Poor thing, if I managed to land just one more hit on it,  I could possibly have killed it.

---

ID: 27712

BD: 8 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 4 = Failure

Grave: 16/19 HP

Baby Ent: 3/10 HP

Edited by Grave

The little wood man tried to take advantage of my post-motion, attempting to kick me in the shin, but the poor fella ended up hurting itself more than it hurt me.  It's little wood foot struck my shin, but I barely felt it.  Instead, the little Ent clutched its injury and hopped around on one foot.

My post motion finished and I looked down at the creature.  Could AIs feel pain?

---

ID: 27716

BD: 5 = Failure

MD: 2 = Failure

The little creature kept bouncing around, holding its foot.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Why was it doing that?  Sure, the game simulated pain well, but it shouldn't have been able to it that well.

I circled around the child, falchion at my side.  I watched the fellow finally stop bouncing and turn its gaze towards me. Seriously, what else could it do to me?  If it was being that useless, it wasn't going to be able to chip away my health much more.

---

ID: 27718

BD: 1 = Critical Failure

It stumbled at me blindly, waving its twiggy fists at my slender legs.  It looked like a young child throwing a temper tantrum.  I kept stepping backwards, over and over again, the strikes whistling past my trousers.  I began to whistle 'Pop Goes the Weasel' as I dodged, and when I finished that, 'Humpty Dumpty' and when I finished that, 'Mary Had a Little Lamb'.

Yeah.  That's how bored I was.

---

ID: 27720

MD: 4 = Failure

I'd finally had enough.  The two of us were getting nowhere, so I decided it was best for us to just get it over with.  I stopped moving around and the child bumped its head into my leg, concussing itself, but also scraping my shin fairly badly; worse than it usually would have.  Seriously, some of the programming was so crap, it was unbelievable.  While the Ent was stunned, though, I took my chance.  I took a golfer's position; left foot in front, legs wide and toes facing to the side.  I placed Severance by my legs, the blade facing the creature, and I brought the falchion up behind my shoulder.

"Fore!" I called as I brought the blade down and up, cleaving through the bushy head.  The Ent went flying across the forest and slid on the grass once more.  I looked at in disbelief.  How bloody much could they take?!

---

ID: 27765

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (3 DMG)

Grave: 13/19 HP

Baby Ent: 1/10 HP

The Ent pushed itself up, and I casually strolled towards it, hands on my hips.  I stooped over it, and it looked up into my eyes with its tiny golden ones.

"You're a tough cookie, you know that?" I told it, unsure as to whether or not it understood what I was saying.  Either it didn't or it took it the wrong way, because the next thing I knew the creature kicked me in the other knee cap, and I grabbed it in pain and began to hop around, miming the child's previous actions.

---

ID: 27766

BD: 2 = Failure

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (2 DMG)

Grave: 11/19 HP

I kept hopping around.  I could tell what the little creature felt like when it had kicked me... Except mine was in the knee, not the foot, because I didn't kick enemies... Yet.

Soon enough, though, I felt my knee sooth a slight bit, and I glanced up at my health.  Yep, <<Battle Healing>> showed itself again.  I placed my foot back down on the grass and prepared again.

---

ID: 27768

MD: 1 = Critical Failure

CD: 10 = HP +1

Grave: 12/19 HP

The Ent was the one ducking and weaving by that point.  I swung Severance around in a wide arc, and the wooden child ducked under.  I quickly changed trajectory and aimed right for the head, but the monster dodged to the right and the falchion sunk into the grass.

"Bloody grass," I complained under my breath.  Nothing like a stupid joke to brighten up my cloudy day.

---

ID: 27770

BD: 1 = Critical Failure

Finally, I landed a hit, the final hit to be exact.  After the Ent dodged to the side, I ripped Severance from the earth and slammed her spike into the head of the baby, lodging in tightly.  The lights in its dark face died out, and it shimmered for a moment before shattering into blue data.  I swung the falchion a few times before sheathing her and turned to exit the forest.

I checked my earnings again; yet another Ent Twig.  I was pretty damn angry, to be rather honest.

---

ID: 27772

BD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 2 = Failure

Baby Ent: *DEAD*

LD: 4 = 1 Ent Twig (Mat)

I caught a strange glint in my vision.  A grin spread across my face and I rushed over.  Ooohh, come on, treasure! Was the thought rampaging around in my mind.  It HAD to be a treasure chest...

But in the end, t'was not.  It was a small fork.  No idea what in hell it was doing all the way out there, but one could only imagine.  Sighing, I turned around to make my way back to town as night began to fall across Aincrad's simulated sky.

---

ID: 27773

LD: 7 = NO CHEST

-----

Completion Rewards:

Grave: 400 Col + 1 SP