[PP-F8] Branching Out

Concentrate. A small bead of sweat trickled down Thorrissia's furrowed brow. Her eyebrows were knitted into a focussed scowl and her pearly white teeth were bared in a concentrated grimace of frustration at the amount of effort it was taking to balance upside down from a tree. The young brunette had hooked her feet under a thick protective branch, locking them into place so she wouldn't fall, but the strain of hanging there with her full body weight was starting to take its toll on her. The young warrior had wanted to test her stamina, and this had seemed like the perfect place to do so, even if it did look a little odd to see a girl hanging upside down in the middle of Florenthia Village like a very strange tree ornament. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hmm, seems like a nice floor" Xion said to himself as he walked around Florenthia Village, he thought it was pretty cool how the entire village was suspended from trees. He hadn't been walking long when he noticed something in the trees, a MOB maybe? No. It was a girl, she was hanging upside down with a determined look on his face. "Interesting...maybe she's training..." he said, and against his better judgement walked towards the girl. "Hi...you ok up there?" he asked, looking up at her with a concerned look on his face. 

"Hi...you ok up there?Agh! The sudden noise broke Thorrissia from her focus, causing her to panic and flail at the sudden interruption. The tree let out a low creaky moan from the sudden strain on it and the branch the brunette had wound her feet around began to splinter, sending the poor girl hurtling to the ground. "Ack!" She complained, splatting in a crumpled heap upon the ground. "Grahh, well I was fine thank you very much..." Thorry grumbled irritably, picking herself up and dusting off her clothes. 

Xion watched as the girl fell from the tree with a sickening thud. "S-sorry" he said awkwardly, as the girl dusted herself off. "I didn't mean to make you fall...sorry" Xion said, internally facepalming at his stupidity. 'Bloody hell Xion how can you be that god-damn stupid?' he thought to himself. 

Thorrissia felt sort of bad that she'd snapped at the poor fellow when he responded with such guilt. "Ugh, no matter. I was getting down anyway..." She shrugged with a slight sigh, glancing up at the splintered stump on the tree where her branch had once been. The brunette wasn't so good with apologising, so that was best he was going to get. "I was trying to test my stamina out..." She explained, an embarrassed blush tinging her cheeks. She hadn't been expecting anyone else to come by, and certainly not to watch her fail so spectacularly. Ughhhh how humiliating. He'd seen her face plant the ground! 

Xion nodded "There are better ways to do it, namely any way that doesn't involve imitating a bat" Xion said with a chuckle. "My name's Xion, and yours is?" he asked, trying his best to sound friendly as he began to play with his hair absent mindedly, it was a nervous habit of his. 

"Actually I was going for a possum." She joked, trying to lighten the damper of a mood she'd just bestowed upon the atmosphere. "Thorrissia at your service." The brunette responded with a small smile, leaning up against her chosen practice tree. She noticed as Xion's hand began to twiddle with a couple of his blonde locks, a popular nervous tick of the human race. Am I really that intimidating? Thorrissia mused curiously to herself, remembering the two gutter rat guys harassing Jevi that she'd managed to chase away just by threatening them. That memory brought a smile to her face. Well, I am pretty terrifying.

"Thorissia...I swear I've heard that name somewhere before" Xion said,  scratching his chin on thought, until it clicked. "Wait a minute you're not Golden's girlfriend are you?" he asked, rather surprised. He'd talked to Golden about his girlfriend before, but never thought that he'd meet her randomly, maybe with Golden but not like this. 

Xion tried to hold back a chuckle as he thought of Golden's face when he heard that Xion had randomly met his girlfriend. 

"Yeah." Thorry responded with surprise, rather shocked that he knew who she was. "...Yeah I am. Do you know him?" The girl asked curiously, abandoning her tree in order to speak to Xion properly. He certainly wasn't familiar to her, and she didn't remember Golden mentioning him to her. Maybe they were guild mates or something? The girl inspected him with interest, wondering if she'd somehow just forgotten the name. Although then again, I don't really know any of Golden's friends. We've only been going out for a couple of weeks after all. Thorry mused, finding it ironic that she should meet this fellow. What were the chances eh? 

Xion nodded " he's a good friend of mine, helped me out during my first days here" he said with a smile. He then chuckled a little. ' oh boy Golden's in for a surprise' he thought.  "Anyway" he said, shaking his head " what are you doing here? Other than trying to impersonate a possum" 

"Good friend huh? Odd, I've never heard him mention you before." Thorrissia stated with confusion, reminding herself to ask Golden about Xion. He seemed like a nice guy. "Hmmmm, what am I doing here? That's a good question." She laughed, not entirely sure of the answer. "I don't really have a reason to be here other than exploration. Floors eleven, nine and eight were the only ones I'd never seen before, so I thought I'd come here and see what's going down.

"I'm here for the same thing, haven't been on this floor yet but it seems like a nice place" he said, looking at the forest surrounding them. "So Thorrissia now that we've introduced ourselves how about a bit of adventuring?" Xion said with a smile. 

Edited by Xion

Adventuring? Thorrissia grinned. "I'd love to Xion. Besides, it appears my stamina work out will no longer be happening, so I suppose its time to find something more exciting to do." The girl replied with devious enthusiasm. Ohhhh yes, she was certainly ready to do some exploring. The brunette peered with interest over one of the wooden railings keeping them all from plummeting to the ground below, searching to see if there was anything interesting going on down there. "Have you been anywhere else apart from Florenthia Village yet?" She inquired curiously, wondering if Xion knew a particularly good spot for finding something fun to do. 

Xion shook his head "First time on this floor, so I have no idea where to go" he said as Thorissia looked over the boundaries of the village. "But hunting is always a good way to pass time" he said with a smile, before looking down himself. "I would not like to fall down there" he said. 

"Hmmmm, alright then. Let's go explore!" Thorrissia shrugged, hoping to get to know Xion a little better. It would be nice to get to know some of Golden's friends. Who knows, she might actually make some of her own? When the blonde haired player leaned over the side of the railing and said he wouldn't want to fall, Thorry resisted the urge to do the 'whoops saved your life' thing. She didn't really feel they were quite there yet for that to be appropriate. "Rightyo then, lets go kill some stuff." The girl said, pumping her fist into the air in order to rally their spirits before making her way towards the stairs to the ground below. 

Xion nodded and followed Thorissia to the outskirts of the village. "Sooo...what sort of equipment do you have? I'm assuming you're a glass cannon build based on what you're wearing" he asked, looking at the girl. Xion was trying for a tank  build himself so he was interested by different builds and how they work. The only proper build he had seen was Tristan's, who was a beast of a tank, one that could kill you without even raising his spear. Xion kind of aspired to be like him, but not a copy, he wanted to be his own breed of tank, with his own style. 

Xion sighed as he checked his stats, he was a long way off being anything really, but it was a start. 

"Equiptment? ooh, not much at the moment. All of my orders for armour are still being processed at the moment, but when and if they go through I will have a chest plate and some gauntlets that will give me 3 MIT and 3 Thorns in total." Thorrissia explained as she began to navigate down the steep wooden steps that left the safe zone behind. "I currently rely on being as quick as possible at dealing as much damage as possible in a fight so yeah glass canon I guess. I never really thought about. I've just never been so good with heavy armour. I like to be fast. I have a sword that does +3 DMG and my cloak gives me +1 EVA." The girl shrugged, wondering if she should have chosen her build with more tactical care. 

Xion nodded "I'm trying to go for tank, but not quite there yet" Xion said as Thorissia talked about her equipment. "I actually have a blacksmith shop, not much but it's a shop, you should stop by some time" he said with a smile, before looking on into the seemingly endless forest ahead of them. Xion let out an audible "Woa" as he saw just how much there was. 

ID: 26482

BD: 6

MD: 9-1=8 [crit applies] 

"I might take you up on that actually. Always good to know where a few friendly shops are. What's it called and what floor are you on?" The girl asked him curiously, jumping down with a plop from the last step onto the forest floor. "I've been thinking about taking up Alchemy, although I haven't got a shop yet." Thorrissia turned around to say something else, but a vicious roar cut off her sentence. There was a large stocky black bear with a pelt of thick shaggy hair standing in front of them, and it did NOT look happy. "Right, lets kill this thing.

"RARRGHHHHHH!!!!!" Thorrissia did not rush at the massive creature, but instead began to advance slowly towards it, weapon raised. The bear seemed confused, clearly expecting a sudden attack. The two circled each other slowly, and when the bear least expected it, the girl attack, slashing her sword across its face. Thorrissia tried to leap back in time but the bear still managed to hook her with its claws. Damn.

Thorrissia [39/44]

Black Bear [11/18]

Xion [34/34] 

Edited by Thorrissia
I've been told to use new HP

ID:26485

BD: 6 (5 DMG) 

"Zefra forge, floor one" Xion said before Thorissia noticed the bear and attacked it. Xion watched as the bear's claws ripped through her skin. Xion's smile turned into a frown, his friendly eyes turned into grim slits of determination. "Not on my watch" he said before charging at the bear, thrusting his blade into it's abdomen before kicking it away from them. "Stay behind me, I'll tank" he said, holding his sword diagonally in a defensive stance. 

Thorrissia [27/32] [HATE: 1] 

Black Bear [6/18]

Xion [34/34] [HATE: 1]