[PP-F8] Branching Out

ID: 26539

BD: 9 [+1 DMG]

LD: 15 [doesn't meet loot requirement] 

MD: 1-1=0

Thorrissia frowned in confusion when Xion said she should stay behind him. "That would be most illogical as I'm assuming that I've got higher HP than you. I can afford to take the damage more.She explained as the bear began to paw furiously at the ground, ripping out chunks of Earth. Maybe Xion thought it would be too much for her? "Look it's really nothing I can't handle I promise I've fought off against worse things than fuzzy over here." The brunette shrugged, twirling her sword in a fancy arc before launching it like a missile at the oncoming bear. Her blade impaled the monster and it burst into a shower of pixels. "Easy peasy." Thorry shrugged, walking over to her fallen sword and picking it up. 

Thorrissia [39/44]

Black Bear [0/18]

Xion [34/34] 

[[ Xion Ive been told to use my new ExP which would make it 44 not 32. Yeah I don't even know I'm not going to ask anymore. What is life.]

Edited by Thorrissia
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(FML I can't even. How to look like a twat with Xion* So sorry Thorri XD) 

Xion's determined frown turned to one of embarrassment in about half a second. "Sorry so sorry.... I swear you had less health before" he said, scratching the back of his head, as he tried to think of ways to salvage the situation. "Sorry..." he said again, not sure whether Thorrissia would be OK and just brush it off or think that Xion was an idiot of the highest degree. 

[[ Nono it's fine. That's quite funny tbh. Poor Xion lil bae. ]] 

It was quite amusing to see the poor embarrassed blonde boy get so flustered that it brought a smile to Thorrissia's face. "Haha don't worry about it, it's fine. I'm assuming that I'm probably a slightly higher level than you are? Hmm, I never asked you so you might have more than me I don't know. I'm level 18, so my HP is 44." The girl shrugged, trying very hard not to laugh. She handn't actually asked Xion what his stats were before heading out, so despite the fact he had less equipment than herself, he may have more HP she wasn't sure. 

[[OMG just realised I have a reputation point again. *screams* yes yes yes yes I don't know why this means so much to me but YES ]]

[Mine hasn't come back what the actual? XD and ok I was worried u were gonna think "Look at this bloody idiot" XD]

[OH I also noticed something, should I be using the lvl 14 stats rather than 13 then? If so I'll edit after] 

Xion looked at Thorrisia "My HP is 34 and I am level 13...I swear you had less before the battle I swear" Xion said with an awkward smile. He shook his head, still trying to get over the embarrassment "Anyways shall we find more stuff to kill?" he asked before sheathing the Slicing Maelstrom. 

Edited by Xion

[[ Nah. When you level up, you start using your new HP straight away EXCEPT when you're in the middle of a battle, in which case you start using it after said battle is complete. The only reason I changed my HP was that you hadn't replied yet when I did it. But it appears you were in the process of replying so oops. 

I think you can only use the equipment that you started off with for the entirety of a thread though. You'll have to double check with people who actually know what they are doing in life to be sure, but I'm pretty certain that's how it goes down ]]

"Nah don't worry about it." The brunette laughed, waving him off with a friendly hand gesture. "Easy mistake to make." Thorrissia smiled, finding this whole situation quite funny really. She was hardly what one might call a high level player, but then again she wasn't really a low level one either. Sort of intermediate in comparison to the front liners. "So how about we go tackle some more bears? I'm pretty sure there's plenty more out there." The young warrior suggested with a slight chuckle. 

[Ok XD] 

Xion was relieved to see that Thorrissia was ok with the whole situation, and let out an audible sigh of relief. "OK let's go kill some more bears, god knows I need the MATs" he said with a slight chuckle, although it was true, he didn't have the MATs to craft anything currently, which was part of the reason why he came to floor 8. 

They continued to walk through the dense forest, which interested Xion greatly, he found it almost magical if that was even possible in SAO. "You know, there must be so many secrets in here that nobody's found, I mean the forest is so dense that it would take a raid party literal months to find everything" he said with a smile, before noticing another bear ahead of them. "You want the first hit?" he asked, drawing his sword. 

ID: 26549

BD: 4
MD: 10 [+2 DMG] 

"Sure." Thorrissia shrugged, turning her attention onto the rather furious looking grizzly. This bear was about twice the size of the last one, and it looked considerably more dangerous considering the fact that its eyes were a strange beady red. "Come in straight behind me while its distracted and get a hit on it from behind. I know you want to be a tank, but you're probably more suited for sneak attacks for the time being." The brunette explained, marching with purpose towards the big beast, sword at the ready. The bear certainly wasn't keen to hang around, that was for sure, as the creature began to charge furiously towards her. Thorrissia attempted to stab it with her sword as soon as it was in range, but the huge monster actually managed to thwack her sword out of the way and swat her with one of it's very powerful forepaws. "Gah, it's a lot more powerful than I was expecting. Xion switch." There were now several large ugly orange rents across her face. Thankfully the lack of pain in the game stopped her from feeling actual pain, but the young warrior was experiencing some serious pins and needles right now. 

Thorrissia [35/44]

Xion [36/36]

Grizzly Bear [22/22] [base damage 4] 

Edited by Thorrissia

ID: 26566

BD: 8 (5 DMG) 

Xion watched as Thorissia's blade was swatted to the side by the beast before it's claws ripped through her face. He nodded when Thorissia said to switch "Now can I tank?" he said with a smile before  running towards the bear and slicing it across the face, causing it to roar in pain. "An eye for an eye" he taunted, before holding his blade diagonally in a defensive stance. 

Thorrissia [35/44]

Xion [36/36]

Grizzly Bear [17/22] [base damage 4] 

ID: 26585

BD: 6

MD: 10 [+2 DMG] 

"Like I said, really nothing I can't handle. The wolves up on floor ten are a lot less friendly." Thorrissia responded, slightly irritated that Xion didn't think she was capable of withstanding a little damage, even if it did look pretty gross. The marks would fade. The girl wasted no time in waiting to engage the bear once again. The brunette cleaved her sword right through the monster's face, dealing it a pretty good amount of damage. She knew that this move was probably going to end in her getting sliced again, but it would give Xion the shot at taking the thing unawares. Sure enough, the howling grizzly managed to tear another rent in her, this time across her chest. "Ok Xion, switch!

Thorrissia [32/44] [H:1]

Xion [36/36]

Grizzly Bear [10/22] [H:1] 

[[ It's official, I can't count. 44-6 is 38 I'm an idiot. This is why I dropped maths ]]

(Honestly sorry if I offended u, Xion just wants to practise XD. And basic maths is hard sometimes XD)

ID: 16591

BD: 6 (5 DMG)

Xion was rather worried that Thorrissia was taking offence "Look I don't think that you can't take damage I just want to practice  Ok? No point wanting to be a tank if I never take any damage" he said before charging at the beast once more, thrusting his blade into it's abdomen before ripping it out sideways. "No offence intended I just want to practice...sorry" he said, slightly hurt, before backing off from the bear. 

Thorrissia [32/44] [HATE:1]

Xion [36/36] [HATE: 2]

Grizzly Bear [5/22]  

[[ Dude I'm not my character you could literally drive a freight train into me and I wouldn't be offended XD Well, maybe a little bit with the freight train but you get my point :p Feel free to shout at Thorrissia and call her a butt and swear at her I'll probably just laugh. Now I sound evil congrats Lindsey you sound like a psychopath. Now they all know the truth ]]

ID: 26638

BD: 1 [nuuhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuuu] 

MD: 1-1=0 [hah]

Ok, so Thorry felt like the biggest asshole of the year. "Agh, I um, yeah sure go for it I don't mind." the rather embarrassed girl stammered, feeling exceptionally guilty for being so snippy. She was just so used to being in a house full of brothers, some of which were a little bit sexist, that she'd just automatically assumed Xion had thought she was too frail or something. Way to go jackass. The negative energy she was feeling put the young warrior off kilter a little, and her next strike ploughed into a tree instead of the bear, which made her feel even more ridiculous, but at least this time she managed to successfully backflip out of the way of getting a face full of claws. 

Thorrissia [32/44] [H:1]

Xion [36/36] [H:1] 

Grizzly Bear [5/22] 

ID: 26641

BD: 4 (FAIL) 

Xion nodded "Thanks, again sorry" he said before trying to attack the bear, but missing as it moved to the side. "I swear if this becomes another floor one boar situation I'm done..." he said, having sudden flashbacks of missing a boar on floor one five times in a row...not Xion's grandest moment. 

Xion [36/36] [HATE: 2]

Grizzly Bear [5/22]  

ID: 26651

BD: 5

MD: 6 [as your character is generating more hate, attacks will now fall on you]

"Yeah sure, no problem." Thorrissia shrugged it off, still blushing a little from her own stupidity. Her next attack on the bear just barely missed. Volundraesia passed inches away from raking the unnaturally large monster down the side and injuring it, but the grizzly was too focussed on its new target: Xion. "Here's your chance! Watch out for it's frontal assaults! It's got a pretty powerful swat!" Thorry warned the blonde haired boy, but it appeared he was not going to be able to move in time. 

Xion [32/36] [HATE: 2]

Grizzly Bear [5/22]  

ID: 26653

Xion attempted to dodge but wasn't able to in time as the bear landed a rather nasty hit on his chest. "Damnit" he said before counter attacking by thrusting his blade into the beast's chest, causing it to burst into millions of glowing shards. "Well that's two down" he said with a smile as he turned to face Thorissia. "Shall we move onto the next one?" he asked. 

"Yeah! We're plowing through these bad boys today." Thorrissia exclaimed with enthusiasm, heading off deeper into the woods. "Did you get any loot from it?" The thought occurred to her that she hadn't actually asked. Sometimes you could get some pretty wicked item drops from monsters. That's where she'd managed to pick up her cloak, although come to think of it, maybe she wouldn't remind replacing it. As good as +1 EVA was, having a perfect quality item equipped might be a lot more useful. 

Xion shook his head. "Nope, not even col" he said, before walking onwards to find the next bear "You know if you want better gear I can always make some when I have enough MATs" Xion said, trying his best to be friendly before noticing another bear "Another for the slaughter" he said, pointing it out to Thorissia, before realising that he had the opportunity to make THE BEST JOKE IN THE WORLD. "Thank god PETA isn't in this game" he said with a chuckle. 

Thorrissia frowned. No loot? "Huh, that's strange. You would usually get just a material drop if the HP is at least half that of the highest level party member..." Well that was pretty unusual. Oh well no point worrying about it now. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind stopping by your shop and checking it out." She replied honestly, quite interested to check out Xion's stock. When he mentioned PETA, that earned a laugh from the raggedy haired girl. "Good one. Hey, I'll give you the first shot. It'll keep the bear's focus on you for the majority of the battle if you generate the most hate." She explained, eager to make it up to Xion for her idiotic behaviour earlier. 

ID: 26672

MD: 7 (4 DMG) 

CD: 12 (Battle healing activated,+1 health) [I think] 

Xion nodded "Thankyou" he said with a smile before drawing his blade and running towards the bear, taking it by surprise as he drove the Slicing Maelstrom into the beast's back. The player smiled, but his victory was short lived as the bear retaliated with a claw to Xion's face, leaving large red wounds on the left side. 

"Damn" he said, backing off as his <<Battle Healing>> Skill activated and his wounds began to heal. "All yours now Thorry" he said, his eyes focused on the bear as it growled at him. 

Thorrissia [44/44] 

Xion [33/36] [HATE: 1]

Grizzly Bear [17/22] 

ID: 26677

BD: 5

Being a tank wasn't too fun in Thorrissia's opinion, she preferred to be swift and dangerous than heavy and difficult to damage. But somebody needed to do it, and Xion was certainly very eager. She had a feeling that he'd do a pretty good job out in the field on the front lines when he actually managed to reach a high enough level. So would you, if you ever got your ass in gear to go there. The brunette sighed, making another move on the bear, but the furious grizzly began to slash furiously at her with its claws and it was all Thorry could do to get the heck out of the way, let alone deal it any damage. 

Thorrissia [44/44] [H:0]

Xion [33/36] [H:1]

Grizzly Bear [17/22] 

ID:26678

BD: 7 (5 DMG)

MD: 1 (FAIL)

After Thorrissia had attempted to attack Xion decided to charge. 'Best not give it a chance to block' he thought before bringing his sword down across the bear's arm, slicing through most of it as it roared in pain and backed off, still growling at Xion. "This one's easier than the last" he said with a chuckle, happy that he was doing a good job as a tank. 'Just think what I would be able to do with better equipment' he thought, smiling a little. 

Thorrissia [44/44] 

Xion [33/36] [HATE:2]

Grizzly Bear [12/22]