[PP-FL1] Training Grounds (Starrine) [COMPLETE]

Following the fall of the game, many players were forced to stay in the Town of Beginnings.  All of them, if not most, were there by fear.  Fear that the world would come collapsing upon them.  There were those that wanted to continue on, but needed the help of others to get there.  Then there were those that went out on their own and got lucky along the way.  Many have chosen their fates here.  What will become of the next one?

Hirru waited outside the exit to the Town of Beginnings.  He didn't really know what for, but something in him said to wait here, and you would know.

((We'll start with a simple introductions before going into everything))

Edited by Hirru

Starrine stayed in the Town of Beginnings for what felt like too long. Shocked, of course, but.. Wasn't the only way to leave the game to beat it? Wouldn't she have to go out and fight? Doubt clouded her mind, and she wandered around the streets. With no money, it wasn't like she could go into an inn and lock herself away like so many others had already done. The only path forward looked like fighting her way out. But she was scared. With a gulp, she pulled her curved sword out of it's sheath, examining it. A sword was her best friend now, huh? This wasn't a joke? She silently prayed that her mother and little brother wouldn't try to remove her NerveGear.

Making up her mind, she took a deep breath, and started towards the entrance to the town. With her gaze fixated on her stumbling, nervous feet, she wondered if she'd die. At the same moment a chill shot up her spine, Starrine slammed into another player, falling back on her butt. "Ahh, I'm so sorry, I--" she paused mid sentence, looking up at the boy she'd run into. Breathing in a swallow of unusually cold air, she realized she still had her mouth open. "Oh, um.. I'm really sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," she spluttered with a sheepish laugh, rubbing her head nervously and pulling herself off the ground. He looked like he was quite a bit more experienced than her. ".. I'm Starrine," she said after a moment, smiling shyly as she offered her hand to him.

(( Sounds good! Thank you so much again! <3 ))

Hirru felt a sudden change in his position when something plowed full force into him.  Taking a quick knee to keep on his feet, he looked over at the figure that just bumped into him.  This thing was actually a person, and from her appearance a novice in the game.  Even though you couldn't see stats or names, a persons appearance could tell you quite a bit.  Her clothing looked new-ish, and she still carried the beginner curved sword; something quickly discarded after getting a better one.  What the actual factor through all that was the eyes.  Eyes would never lie to anyone, and these were showing a mixture of emotions.  Fear, intrigue, but most importantly determination.

Picking himself off the ground, he listened to her apology and greeting before Starrine held out her hand in greeting.  Hirru chuckled before grasping her hand in greeting.

"It's fine.  My name is Hirru.  It's nice to meet you, Starrine.  If you don't mind me asking, where are you off to at such speed to run into me?"

Edited by Hirru

Starrine watched with a grimace as he regained his footing, lifting her shoulders apologetically. This wasn't really going well for her. Of course, the thought of making friends hadn't even crossed her mind until now. Blinking a set of wide, amber eyes, she allowed herself a peek at him. A bit taller than her, stockier as well. She waited for him to make some kind of movement, seemingly examining her for a moment before making up his mind. Breathing a tiny, inaudible breath of relief, her smile returned. Shaking hid hand in a polite greeting, she tilted her head, a short laugh escaping her mouth.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Hirru. I'm sorry we had to meet by me running into you," she giggled, pulling her hand away to cover her mouth, "My apologies for being so rude," she continued, shortly bowing to him. Straightening her posture once more, her gaze fixated on his, pulling upwards a bit. "Oh, uh.. I'm not really sure, myself." Starrine admitted, "I.. just know that I have to fight, is all. I assumed this would be the place to start," she said, gesturing to the field filled with low-level monsters. The girl glanced back up again, shyly shuffling her feet. She wondered if it would be too rude to ask if he could help her out. "..Got any tips for a newbie?" She asked with a little chuckle, once more reaching up out of habit to sheepishly scratch her neck. This was oddly formal for a death game.

Hirru didn't really know what to do with this one.  He has met many players in his time adventuring, but all of them were at least experienced fighters by then.  This one flat out said that she was new.  It was to this regard that he had to help her out.  Not just as an act of kindness, but his sensei did the same for him.

"Well, you can start by fighting a boar out there."

Hirru sighed before turning towards the plains and spotting some boars.  He pointed at a few of them.

"They are like slimes in other games, or that's what everyone says.  Fairly easy for your level like you."

((Alright, Battle time.  Here we will start with the basics.  To do a proper action with dice you need to make a generic post.  Just have it saying something about Starrine going out to face one of the boars.  From there, "click submit reply" to get a post.  

Now, here is the complicated stuff.  Go to the upper right hand corner of your post where it says "Share this post", copy the url given and go to the dice roller -> http://www.cydel.net/dice.php.  Place the url of your post into the "URL where the rolls will be used" box and  enter your name at the top.  Click the roll dice and await your dice roll result.

You will be given an ID number and all the dice rolls.  We will only be using the Battle and MOB for now.   When you get your dice, go back to your post and "Edit" it with the ID and dice results.  You can post them as such:

[ID = ?????] [BD = #] [MD = #]

For damage, you currently do [2] points of DMG because of your sword skill, but only if you hit it.  The boar does 1 damage, if it hits you.  You hit the boar if you get a [6] or above on the BD.  The boar will hit  if it gets a [6] or higher on the MD.  You can post HP underneath your roll like this:

[Starrine HP = 5/5]

[Boar HP = 3/3]

From there, roleplay how the dice roll effects your character and click "Save"

Now, lets start!

Edited by Hirru

Starrine lifted her brows as he spoke, then pointed at a few little boars. "Slimes, eh?" She mumbled quietly, and nodded. Seemed easy enough. She approached the boar, holding her breath with her curved sword in her hand. Being her first time fighting, she lifted her arm uneasily, unsure of how combat in this game worked. She exhaled a deep breath she'd been holding in, and sprinted at the low level creature, fear still gripping her in the back of her mind. She pushed away the thoughts of dying from a simple failure, and pushed her blade forward. Success! Her blade sank into the monster's flesh! However, she had a bit of trouble ripping it out, earning herself a hard knock from the boar's tusks. Stumbling backwards, she held her sword at the ready, preparing herself for another attack.

[ID = 26835] [BD = 7] [MD = 10]

[Starrine HP = 4/7]

[Boar HP = 1/3]

Edited by Starrine

Hirru watched as the young swordswoman went into battle with the fearsome <<Wild Boar>>.  He whistled a high note when she actually connected the hit, but the boar pushed her out of the way causing a good chunk of damage.  He grimaced as Starrine readied herself against another attack.

"Try a more defensive approach!  If you just charge it, it'll gore you even harder.  It has very easy telltales."

He looked on and wondered what sensei would have done in this situation.  He would probably stop her before the boar would kill her.

Starrine gulped as she blocked another bump of the boar's horns. Her health was already almost halfway down.. Focus, Starrine! Narrowing her eyes in determination, she took a few steps backwards. Nodding as Hirru shouted at her, she doggedly maneuvered around the boar, trying to focus on the backside. "Alright.. I can do this," she whispered to herself, once more bringing her starter sword to attacking height. With a breathy sigh, she spun around, and ran past the boar, aiming a harsh blow at it's side. Spinning around, she huffed in frustration, knowing she hadn't hit it. This battle wasn't going well. Well, at least the boar hadn't hit her this time.

[ID = 26839] [BD = 1] [MD = 3]

[Starrine HP = 4/7]

[Boar HP = 1/3]

Edited by Starrine

Hirru nodded his approval of her using a more evasive technique.  Reminded him of his own style, even though that was from his stats.  He was about to say something when she missed, but decided against it.  He only kept his left hand on the pommel of the Anneal Blade by his side, ready to come in to defend.

"You're doing well!  Just keep it up, and you'll be fine."

Hirru readied himself for anything that should happen from here on.  If it looked like she would be hit by a strong attack, he would rush in to defend her.

((Sadly, right now, all you can do is trust the heart of the dice.  Hirru will defend the next hit if your MD is a crit.))

Starrine glanced up at her acquaintance, a bit frustrated, but not even close to be willing to give up. If things got to their worst, she would retreat. She just hoped that it wouldn't have to come it that. Shifting her stance to fit her defensive stance, she lifted her arms, depending on her speed to hit the monster. Once more jumping around to make sure she wasn't hit, Starrine aimed her sword at the creature, praying that it'd hit this time. Of course not; her sword sailed past the creature, and it jumped towards her, raking it's tusks across her leg. She whimpered in frustration again, jumping back into a defensive stance once more. Why was this so difficult? Was it just karma? Bad luck?

[ID = 26845] [BD = 3] [MD = 7]

[Starrine HP = 3/7]

[Boar HP = 1/3]

Edited by Starrine

Hirru watched as Starrine continued to use an evasive technique to try and attack the boar.  This time she missed and the boar hit her again.  Not as bad as he thought it would be, but she was already in the yellow.  If she continued the way she was, Starrine would be dead.  Not having any of that, Hirru stepped into the fray.  He immediately opened his menu/party/create/assist and sent a party invite to Starrine.  In the mean time, Hirru unsheathed his Anneal Blade and readied an attack.

"I'll be your shield.  Now, try to defeat this pig!"

[ID = 26850][BD 1]

[Hirru HP = 23/23]

[Starrine HP = 3/7]

[Boar HP = 1/3]

((Notice how I rolled but only placed the BD?  That is because, as more than one person enters a fight, the mob is only controlled by one person, usually the one that attacks first.  Players of higher levels usually do this, but for this instance, it will be you.

Now there is another thing called Hate which is basically Aggro in the system.  We will be ignoring that for this boar, so go nuts.))

Edited by Hirru

Starrine grimaced once more as she glanced over, embarrassed at her lack of skills. Of course, it was her first time playing a full dive game, but.. She'd played MMOs before; why was this so much harder? She blinked in surprise as a message popped up on her screen, and quickly backed away from the boar to read it. Party invite. She glanced over at him, still embarrassed to take his help, but she wasn't in a hurry to die, so she selected yes. Once more readying herself, she took a deep breath. "One more chance," she spoke to her new party member, and made a last dash at the boar, practically willing it to die with her mind. Her prayers were answered as her blade connected with flesh, and the creature exploded into pixels, of course, not without one last hit to Starrine's leg. Exhaling an exhausted sigh, she sheathed her curved sword, looking at her acquaintance with a triumphant hand raised for a high-five. Of course, she was swaying on her feet from lack of HP. Not a good place to be in, so to speak.

[ID = 26845] [BD = 9] [MD = 6]

[Starrine HP = 2/7]

[Boar HP = 0/3]

Edited by Starrine

Hirru let his guard down as he saw the young woman fly past him and score a killing blow on the boar.  As it shattered, a grin fell upon his face as he watching Starrine sheath her sword in triumph and raised her hand in the air.  Hirru had to oblige and high-five her.

"Good job!  Unfortunately, it didn't give you any items."

Hirru shrugged his shoulders before patting her on her shoulder.

"Oh well, it happens.  Lets get out of here before another boar decides to charge you.  I know this great place with some good food."

((Loot explained:  When you kill a mob, you may have a chance to get something out of it.  This is indicated by the Loot Dice (LD) and usually would have given you a material regardless of what you got on the LD.  Myself being here, however, defeats that purpose as a MOB must be, at least, half the health of the 'highest leveled character' which would be Hirru.

Now, if we did fight a HP 12 Boar, this would have given us some loot and Col, but that's not the case.  Since it didn't fit that criteria, we go to the non-combat loot which requires a 15 or higher LD to get anything.

For now, we will be taking a break from the battles so that Starrine doesn't die first thread.))

Edited by Hirru

Starrine grinned as he obliged, high-fiving her, and shrugged. "Well, I'm sure I'll have plenty of chances for loot in the future. Right now, that's the least of my concerns. Only two out of seven HP," she laughed slightly, still wobbling a bit as she stood. Of course, she said that, but.. She wondered how long it'd take to regain her HP. And the fact that she'd gotten so close to dying in her first battle, against the lowest possible monster? Ehh.. Didn't feel so good. She wondered if she was cut out for this. But fighting was her only chance at getting back to the real world..

Nodding in agreement, she smiled. "Lead the way," she said quickly, happy that she'd made her first companion. "Oh, and, uh.. Thank you," she said with a purely honest, grateful smile.

(( Sounds good! I owe you for helping me out, haha. c: ))

Hirru motioned for her to follow him, and walked down to an old haunt of his.  A rather odd looking shack with a sign saying "Iggy's Curry" on one side.  A low curtain over looked a long table inset into a low wall from which one could see a curtain in the back of the shack.  A row of stools were set up along the long table for customers to sit on while they waited to be served.

"Well that's different."

Sitting down at the table, looked over the other side of the small wall that was between them and the back of the shack.  He couldn't see anything special about it, not even a built in grill or oven.  What happened here?  His question was about to be answered when something from behind the far curtain moved.

"Iggy! Is that you over there?!"

Popping their head out of curtain, a lanky brown haired girl came into view.

"Customers!  Welcome to Iggy's Curry!  I'll be with you in just one second."

((Of course, now all there is to finish a thread is to accumulate around 22 posts between everyone in the thread.  This is rather easy to do with many people, but much harder if you solo.  Why is that?  Because you can still be counted against you for spam in a solo if you don't post a good description.

Anyway, this part may take us to 22 posts, or not, but once we do, I'll end the thread there.  Once a thread is ended, the participants get a set number of Col and a Skill Point (SP).  The thread gets 400 Col for the party to divide between so for this one, we both get 200 Col.  We also get a SP each.  Use them wisely.

Starrine followed him after he made a gesture, making sure to keep her head tall as she glanced around. Quietly wondering where they were going, she allowed her thoughts to wander. She wondered how Hirru had gotten trapped in this death game; ah, but then again, it was probably rude to ask about the outside world. She pushed the thought into the back of her mind, and tilted her head as he slowed in his step, looking a bit confused as he looked at their supposed destination. "Ehh?" She asked, wondering what was different about it. Listening as someone peeked their head out and said they'd be a moment, she sank into one of the stools, glancing over at Hirru with curiosity. Curry.. She hadn't had it in awhile; it sounded good, though.

(( Alright! c: Once I get another SP, what do you suggest I spend it on? Another rank for my weapon? ))

Hirru focused back on Starrine to assess how she was doing.  Her health should gradually heal from eating the food, but her fighting needed some work.  Not that he could say anything, he literally had to fight with one arm once.  Hirru chuckled at that memory.  Seeing the young woman looking at him, he waved it off.

"Its nothing.  Old memories popping up.  Anyway, you did good out there, if not a little rusty.  You'll do fine though."

Soon after that, the female waitress/chef came to the other side of the small wall to greet them.  She looked to be around nineteen years of age with long brown hair tied in a ponytail.  

"Welcome!  What kind of curry would you like today?  We have a large assortment of condiments to filled your curry needs."

Her hazel eyes stared into his soul as she realized who it was.  She looked from him to Starrine wondering what this was all about.  

"Oh Hirru!  It's been a while, and who's this?"

"It has been a while, but I've been busy on my own."

Hirru looked at Starrine before nodding her to go on and greet Iggy.  She wasn't going to bite... any harder than she could.

Edited by Hirru

"I see," Starrine replied with a smile, rubbing an eye in a tired manner. "Ahh, thank you! Yes, I think I'll get better at it if I try harder!" She said brightly, happy that he'd approved of her first battle.. well, mostly. Watching as the chef made her way out, she tilted her head. They knew eachother? Well, it was obvious when he'd said her name earlier, and him speaking about old memories. She wondered how they knew each other. "I'm Starrine! Pleased to make your acquaintance!" The girl laughed, rather carefree for her low health. Making new friends was almost always one of Starrine's first priorities, however, making it quite easy to take advantage of her with just the word "friend."

"It's nice to meet you, too."

Iggy smiled at her before bringing a glaring look at Hirru.  What was he doing now?

"I see you're getting along fine then.  What can I get you, before my oven gets cold again."

Hearing that he was on a time limit, Hirru began to think.. and think.. thinking about food was never his strong suit.  After some time, Iggy gave up on him and turned her attention to Starrine.  It would be some time until he actually chose something anyway.

"So, what can I get you?  I got curry rice; chicken cutlet, egg, corn, beef, pork."

She smiled her most sincere smile that Hirru has ever seen on her.  Though that made him lose his focus on what he wanted.  Did he want the thing that wasn't chicken, but tasted like it, or something else.

Starrine's eyes sparkled as she stared up at Iggy, admiration obvious in her features. She'd always wanted to be a cook, and while she loved cooking in the real world, it still intrigued her on how it worked in SAO. She had some stale-looking bread and water, but.. Real food? Her gaze glimmered, and she glanced at Hirru. After a few moments of no words from him, she giggled and nodded to Iggy as she turned to her, instead. "Just a normal curry rice, please!" Starrine said politely, finding it rather hard to keep her head up. However, she was very excited at the thought of actual [not technically] real food. "This is kind of fun, don't you think?" She asked Hirru with a happy, closed-eyes grin. She never really went out to eat in the real world; usually her mother brought leftovers home, or Starrine ended up making dinner herself. In the meantime, however, her thoughts were fixated mostly on the two people near her, interest completely piqued by them.