[PP-F2] Mats or bust! (Mayuri)

Hirru found himself in the woodlands of the second floor on the search for those elusive materials that would help him in the future.  It was funny to him that these materials, or mats for short, were almost as valued as Col.  Maybe, even more so as people used them for crafting everything from swords and shields, to the potions that we drink.  These people would swarm you if you had enough materials for what they needed, and could usually barter with them for the right goods.

He thought about going into some kind of profession, but nothing ever piqued his interest.  Blacksmiths were everywhere; Tailors were few and far between, but hardly anyone uses the light armor skill.  Artisans were glorified jewelers, and he wanted none of that.  Alchemists would be a good one to go for, but he wasn't really sure about it.  He also heard rumors about potion misuse, so he avoided that topic.  Cooking was not his forte, as he was quite impatient; and Performer sounded silly.  Then there was Fisher, which, like cooking, he didn't have the patience for.  Lastly, Merchant was the closest thing that he considered as that was true money coming in and out.  Items for anyone, but the system didn't use mats for much, and would require the purchase of all shop items.

Hirru stood there as he looked around the area, trying to find something that would pique his interest.  An item!  A mob!  A person!  Anything to get his mind away from getting a job.

Mayuri found that her skills were rounding out nicely. She’d been fighting in the woods around her shop for the last couple of hours gathering mats and having little success doing so. Having Cold Star made the job easier for sure, but for whatever reason she wasn’t find what she was in need of. The young woman was close to killing off the Giant Leapus that had attacked her while she was gathering flowers and berries for her potions.

The giant rabbit was something out of her nightmares. It was as big as a car, had glowing red eyes and long incisors just waiting to tear into her delicate flesh. It was lucky for her that this one was near finished. The girl jump spun evading the monster lab creature and brought Cold Star down upon the creature’s head splitting its skull in two. Her skirt and bell sleeves fluttered making her look like a butterfly dancing upon the breeze as she fought. Pixels flew and Mai landed gracefully upon the ground, her Geta clicked softly against the ground. Mai searched for the material, but this one was just too weak for her to have gathered anything from it.

“Ugh… not again!” Mai sighed and clicked her tongue.

Branches cracked behind her and Mai spun about to make sure she was not being attacked. A man was there not too far off and Mayuri gave him a small smile and a wave. She was always polite when she came across other players. It never occurred to her that someone she came across might be a player killer. The young woman was too trusting for her own good.

27323   LD: 6    Nada!

Hirru found someone very quickly when he heard the sound of shattering which accompanied combat.  As he reached the area, he found a young woman having finished taking out a creature.  From her appearance, you would think that she was not a warrior, but SAO would surprise anyone with the appearance that leather armor could take.  He tugged at his Kun Fur Hat and waved back with the other hand.  Hirru wasn't shy, he was just on his way to get more materials for whatever he needed, and didn't have any conversational material at that time.

That didn't matter as he was completely lost on this floor, as he hadn't been here for very long.  Before he knew it, Hirru was approaching the woman.  He had stopped a few feet away to keep distance from any unsuspected blade to the face, and gave a small bow.

"Good day, miss!  I was just wondering if you knew of any good spots for strong beasts?  I'm looking for parts, and the folks in town pointed me near here."

Though fighting low leveled creatures and searching through the undergrowth were simple and safe ways to get mats, there was only one sure fire way: Strong Mobs.

The young man waved back to Mayuri and before she knew it, he approached Shay and stopped a good distance from her. It was a wise thing to do as she had her weapon unsheathed and there was not telling if she were friend or foe. He bowed to her and then asked if she knew where strong mobs might be, and she cracked a smile.  Being that she was friendly, the silly girl slipped Cold Star back into her sheath and closed the distance between them.

“But of course, I live on this floor so I know all the good spots for hunting. I can show you if you’d like.” She said and smiled brightly. 

Edited by Mayuri

Hirru, looking like a green haired Davy Crockett, sighed with relief when the young woman didn't stab him with the pointy end of her sword.  He was also grateful that she would show him some of the better spots around the floor.  Hopefully, there was something that he could fight that would give him something good.

[ID: 27394]
[BD: 10] 3+2=5
[MD: 5-2=3]

Sure enough, before they got anywhere, a <<Bear>> appeared before them.  He could feel the tension as this beast was something else.  Bigger than a wolf, and much fluffier.  Though, not as fluffy as those <<Rakkuns>>, and much more aggressive.  

"Excuse me miss, I just saw a good one."

Without really thinking, he bowed again to the girl and activated a <<Sonic Leap>> at the beast.  Hirru ran forward with his sword glowing at his shoulder.  The system would then have him jump in the air and slash downwards onto the beast as he landed.  The bear having been aggroed by Hirru, would target him and try to attack him, but the swipe of its claw was slow, and he was easily able to back off.

[Hirru HP = 27/27]

[Bear HP = 10/15]

Edited by Hirru

The green haired young man smiled at her and she returned the friendly gesture. She was glad he seemed to mean her no harm, and was just looking for a place to farm like everyone else. Mai was about to lead him away from where they were, but the man bowed to her and then leapt behind her. She turned to follow his action and found that he brought his sword down upon a bear that had materialized. The bear tried to return strike, but narrowly missed the young man.

Without hesitation, Mai pulled Cold Star from its sheath and charged in. She took her weapon in both hands and slashed it across the side of the bear as she twirled past the beast to avoid being struck.

“I hope you don’t mind the help…” She asked hoping he didn’t think she was trying to steal his kill.

BD: 8     +5 DMG

Mai    28/28

Hirru   27/27

Bear   5/15

Ready to deal some more damage onto the beast, Hirru could only fathom what had happened next.  A streak colors flashed by him by him and caused a good gash into the bear.  It roared in pain as she escaped its reach making it keep its attention on Hirru.

"I don't mind at all."

[ID: 27429]
[BD: 1] Crit Miss
[MD: 9-2=7] Crit 2+1 DMG
[CD: 11] +1 HP

He would say as his swing went wide as all heck, which gave the bear a chance to bite into him for a good share of damage.  Hirru winced before pushing the beast off of him causing a little more damage.  He checked himself as his battle healing took effect before looking back at the young woman.

"As long as that was the only time that happened.."

[Hirru 25/27] 
[Mai 28/28]

[Bear 5/15]

Edited by Hirru

Mai was safe from the bear, but it lunged at her companion and bit him rather violently. “OH NO YOU DON’T!” Mai shouted at the dirty beast as she came back up behind the mob and jumped. She brought Cold Star down right between the bear shoulder blades and thrust her weapon into the animal as deeply as it could. The bear shattered into a glittering rain of pixels and Mai bounced back and landed gently upon her toes. 

She went over to the young man and eyed him with a worried expression, “He didn’t get you too badly did he? I’m sorry I took the kill; I just didn’t want him to attack you again. The material is yours, you saw the bear first.” She told him as she looked down at the item laying there upon the floor.

BD: 8 (7+1 ACC)     +5 DMG

No Additional Loot

Mai    28/28

Hirru   27/27

Bear   0/15  DEAD

Hirru could only watch on as the bear was killed by the woman having seen him being attacked.  The swordsman bent over with his hands to his knees and let out a long sigh.  Getting back up, he found a very worried version of the woman that he just met looking him over, as if she was coddling him.  At the mention of the material, Hirru raised his left hand, in a motion that said 'calm down, don't worry' as he sheathed his sword.

"No need to worry, miss.  I'm more than happy to let you have it.  Besides you were the one to help me, even if the damage was not that bad."

Hirru straightened himself up as his battle healing would take care of any residual healing needed.  Looking at her with discretion, he was reminded of the many other players that were much stronger than him, but were dressed in the most unconvincing outfits.  She was definitely one of them.

"I'm sorry for interrupting your tour so quickly..  My name is Hirru!  If you would allow me, I would like to re-enact it, miss..?" 

Mayuri smiled as the man motioned that he was fine. She didn’t like seeing others hurt, and when she could help it she would do her best to protect them. It was just her nature. He told her the mat was hers for helping him out and the young woman walked over to where it lay upon the ground.  She picked up the item and held it in her hands. “If you’re sure…” She said and opened her HUD, she put the item away in her inventory. If he asked for it back later she would give it to him.

He introduced himself s Hirru, and she nodded to him politely.

“It’s terribly nice to meet you. I’m Mayuri. You can call me Mai if you want to. Ummmm… I know a good place to go though. There are Leapus Maximus further out in this really pretty valley that’s not too far from here. Just beyond that ridge,” Mai pointed behind the young man, “they’re like twice as big as that bear… meaner too. They drop some pretty good stuff though if you want to go check them out. I know some other places too if that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea.”

Hirru listened to the woman who was called Mayuri.  She started to describe an area that seemed to be not far from their current position.  The mobs there sounded quite dangerous, and that only excited Hirru more.  Being acquainted with danger was becoming apart of him, so having become a hunter made that itch, much itchier.

Looking behind him to where she pointed, he thought for a second before returning his gaze back at her.  He grinned before waving his arm in a fashion saying to 'lead on'

"I would like to enjoy such sights, as much as a good hunt.  Please, lead on!"

Hirru would keep beside Mayuri while she took him through the area.  In the meantime, he would be looking for anything that may help him later.

[27507][LD: 4] Nope..

Edited by Hirru

Mai smiled and nodded as he agreed to go hunt the killer rabbits with her. She had not had a chance to fight them, but she saw others farming them and from what she saw they were a rather rotten lot; all teeth and claws and powerful hind leg kicks. Hirru bid she lead on so she started down the path and skipped along under the sun as it shone down brightly upon them. While they walked along Mayuri kept her eyes out for anything she might be able to use in her alchemy.  Sure enough there was an herb she could use and she bounced over it and clicked on the trying her luck at obtaining it. Sure enough she was able to collect it and she added it to her inventory.

“Do you have a profession Hirru?” Mai asked him curiously trying to think of what it is the young man would choose to do.

27992  LD : 16     Material Acquired

Found: +1 Material

Hirru continued to scan the area for anything that could possibly be of use to anyone, but had overlooked the flora of the area.  As Mai went over to the plant and added it to her inventory, he kept a mental note to look for any plants that may or may not be useful.  Though, he didn't really know what would be considered a usable material, but didn't want to start ripping plants out of the ground for no good reason.  She-who-has-no-name would kill him for sure.  

When asked by Mai about if he had a profession, he had to shrug.  He thought of the question in detail.  It had been on his mind ever since he got to the second floor.  Out of all the professions, he thought of a few, and those didn't have much of a competition as the others.  

"No, I haven't searched too much into it.  Been keeping to exploring the floors as I make my way to the front lines, on foot.  That way, I can be sure to be the proper level by the time that I get there."  

[ID: 27999][LD: 7] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

The path began to lead around the ridge Mayuri had pointed out and soon they were walking on the mountain pass down into the valley below. There were cliffs above them and blue sky, and trees dotted the mountainside and cast shadows down upon them as they moved through the pass. Without warning, rocks began to slide down the mountain causing the young dark haired woman to look up. Her eyes went wide as she saw a Rock Golem come sliding straight down over their heads.

“Oh no… not this guy!” Mai exclaimed and pulled Cold Star from her sheath. The girl went after the monster before it could come down upon them.

Mai quickly ran up the slope evading all the sliding rocks and jumping over the small boulders the rock monster was bringing down the mountainside with it. She leapt up and swung her Hwando at the creature using both hands. Her blade didn’t cut into the creature far, but her strike was enough to cut into its solid exterior causing the creature to roar angrily and swipe at Mai with its stone fist. The girl was far too quick to catch and she hopped back and away to keep out of its strike zone.

Rock Golem   (HP: 18   MIT: 2   DMG: 3)

BD: 6      Mai hits Rock Golem for  +4 DMG

MD: 1 (3-2 EVA)     MISSES  MAI

Hirru   26/27

Mayuri     28/28   (Hate: 1)

Rock Golem     14/18

Edited by Mayuri

Hirru was lead through a mountain pass which lead down into a valley below.  Looking down towards the upcoming terrain, he didn't notice the bevy of rocks falling down until he heard Mai call out to it.  Looking on, he watched her run up the slope to deal with, what looked like, a huge rock formation that had come to life.  Managing to take out a small blip of its health, Hirru drew his Anneal Blade to deal with the new menace to their tour.

"Now that's a beauty!"

He grinned as recalled his previous encounters with higher-than-he-was enemies brought him one tactic.  Sword Skill: <<Sonic Leap>> was a sword skill that could be aimed in the air for airborne targets.  Doing just that, as he ran forward with his sword glowing, the world seemed to push his blade along as he leaped into the air to deal a downward blow on the Rock Golem.

[ID: 28022]
[BD: 10] Crit 3+2-2 = 3 DMG
[CD: 1] No heals though..

[Hirru: 26/27] [Hate - 2]
[Mayuri: 28/28] [Hate - 1]

[Rock Golem: 11/18]

Edited by Hirru