[PP-F2] Speed Vs Tank | Hirru Vs Xion [COMPLETE]

Hirru had wandered the second floor for the longest time, and was about to head towards the 2nd floor dungeon when he realized that he was incredibly bored.  After a while of wandering the lower floors, he really wanted to face a challenge.  Though he thought about just soloing the 2nd floor dungeon, he wasn't stupid enough to try it.  Then he thought about going against another player.

"Yeah, that would be an experience!"

He looked through his friends list, but he only knew the exact styles of a few, and most were too high or low of a level.  Maybe, Mack?  No, he's too busy with his smithy.  Same with Beoreson.  Maybe I could.... no, Mai would kill me...  The only one that seemed to not be currently busy looked like Xion, and he was apparently nearby.  Hirru shoveled together a message to Xion.

To: Xion

Message: Xion!  Come to coordinates *INSERT SOMETHING WITTY*!  We shall perform fisticuffs, with swords!

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion had been wandering floor 2 for quite some time, he and nothing to do as his shop wasn't getting many customers and he had no MATs, he sighed before receiving a message from Hirru. 

Message: Xion!  Come to coordinates *INSERT SOMETHING WITTY*!  We shall perform fisticuffs, with swords!l

He had to laugh a little at the fisticuffs comment, before looking at his map and finding the coordinates that were supposed to be Hirru's. So he walked towards Hirru, it took him a good ten minutes but he arrived to see the player standing, waiting for him. "Hirru" he said with a nod as he walked closer " so you wish to partake in a bout of fisticuffs of the sword variety?" He said, putting on his best old-timey British accent, which was rather easy for him, being a Brit.

Hirru waited for about an hour before Xion finally came into view.  It looked like he had changed a little since they last met.  This was definitely going to be fun to throw some stress out.  Hirru opened his menu to send a [Half Loss] Dual Request.  Once he sent it, he tried his best impression that he could.

"Mah boi!  Silence the pleasantries, and put up your dukes, like a proper gentlemen!

((Roll a LD to see who goes first and this will be for 15 HP, if we went 20.. Hirru would be in the red))

[ID 27503][LD: 5]

[Hirru 15/15]

[Xion 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27509

lD: 5 

xion on chuckled as he drew the slicing maelstrom, and his shield the beast aegis from his back. "As I am such a gentleman i shall give you the first shot good sir" he said, accepting the duel and watching the duel timer countdown. 

He then then assumed a defensive stance, his large heater style shield protecting his upper body, while his blade was near the ground, in position to block lower body attacks. 

[Hirru 15/15]

[Xion 20/20]

Hirru grinned at Xion's proposal to have him go first.  Readying himself in a quick stance with his blade on his shoulder, he awaited the timer to go to zero.

"Get ready, cause I'm going over that flimsy thing you call a shield!"

Soon after the buzzer sounded, Hirru stepped forward into a run, but somehow tripped over himself and fell over.

[ID 27510][BD: 1] Silence!..

[Hirru 15/15]

[Xion 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27511

BD: 9 (6 DMG) ( PAR for 1 turn)

Xion chuckled as Hirru insulted his shield before falling flat on his fac. "Now now, don't be so cocky" he said, walking over to the player and thrusting the Slicing Maelstrom into his back, and as he did a great surge of electricity arced from the blade to Hirru, causing his body to become limp and lifeless. Xion grinned as he saw Hirru's HP drop a good chunk "ahh how I do love paralysis" he said with a grin as he looked down at Hirru. 

Hirru (9/15) [ PAR]

xion (20/20) 

Hirru's face during this entire escapade was that of utter disappointment.  Both in himself for tripping and giving Xion the moment to hit him, and Xion for using a petty trick like paralysis.  Though, he wouldn't really say it as they were dualing at the moment.  Instead, he opened his mouth to say,

"Oh how I do love the ground!  It's so peaceful and not trying to stab me with a dirty blade!"

[ID: 27514]
[CD = 11] +1 HP

[Hirru 10/15][PAR]

[Xion 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27515

BD: 5 ( miss)

Xion chuckled "Don't be so bitter, it's not my fault for hitting a crit" he said before raising his blade and attempting to drive it into Hirru's back again, but this time the player was saved by his armour. Xion frowned as his attack didn't have any effect " well well" he said before backing off and assuming a defensive stance once more, as he knew that the paralysis would wear off soon. 

Hirru (10/15)

xion (20/20)

Edited by Xion

Feeling the blade bounce off his armor made him think about the times that the vest should have done the same thing, but wait.. there is more!  Maybe, there should have been some instinct to let him know that a small pebble would cause him to trip!  Thank you spirits of the wild!  You do so much help!, he thought.  After his paralysis finally ended, Hirru jumped to his feet with blade in hand.

"This time, for sure!"

Running towards Xion, Hirru tried to get around his shield, but was blocked in time.

[ID: 27520]
[BD = 5] Miss
[CD = 3] Notta

[Hirru 10/15]

[Xion 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27524

BD: 2 ( miss) 

Xion saw Hirru's incoming attack and moved to block it with his shield "not so pathetic now is it?" He said before lowering his guard to retaliate, aiming to stab Hirru, but the player was too fast for Xion. 'Matters not' he thought, Hirru was an exact opposite build from Xion, all offence and speed, the boy relied on speed rather than defence which meant that while Xion's strikes dealt a lot of damage, actually landing them was difficult. 

Hirru (10/15)

Xion (20/20)

Hirru jumped back as Xion tried to maneuver a stab at him.  Finally, these instincts were acting up now!  Looking into Xion's defense, Hirru looked for an opening in his stance.  Something that would give him the edge.

Nothing looked good, so Hirru stood his ground as he healed up from his battle healing.  The one thing about being a tank was that you could take quite a bit of damage so this dual may take a while.

[ID: 27529]
[BD = 4] I will get past that shield!
[CD = 11] First.. I must heal +1 HP

[Hirru 11/15]

[Xion 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27531

BD: 4 (miss) 

Xion watched as Hirru stood his ground, and Xion saw the player's <<battle healing>> taking effect. 'This may take a while...unless I can hit him he'll just heal even more...' He thought before attempting another attack, but once again the attack was dodged by Hirru. With a frown, Xion backed off and assumed a defensive position once more.

Hirru (11/15)

Xion (20/20)

Rolling out of the way, Hirru took a lowered stance to assess anything more about his stance.  Xion kept going back into a defender position, but his back is always open.  If only he could get behind him, Hirru thought as he rushed forward.

Hirru rushed in to get past Xion's shield, but a close quarters a shield could go wherever the arm could reach, and his strike was blocked by the bleed'n shield again.

[ID: 27533]
[BD = 4] It's going to be one of those battles... isn't it..
[CD = 1] 

[Hirru 11/15]

[Xion 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID:27535

BD; 5 (7-2) (miss) 

Xion moved his shield to deflect Hirru's attempted sneak attack, before aiming to retaliate by bringing his sword down upon the player's arm. But once again Hirru was too quick for Xion to follow and the Slicing Maelstrom went straight into the ground, creating a mini crater, which was surprisingly powerful for someone of Such a slim build. Xion sighed as he once again assumed the same defensive stance, prepared to deflect the next attack. 

Hirru (11/15)

Xion (20/20)

Seeing the small after effect of the tank player, Hirru was reminded of their dungeon crawling exploits.  Oh how good they were, but now was not the time to reminisce of good times.  Now was time to get past that bloody shield!

Hirru saw an opening and went for it, running past the shield and catching his shield arm with a good slice, but he noticed that Xion's health only went down a blip.  He jumped back while his battle healing kicked in.

"Finally got past that bloody thing!"

[ID: 27537]
[BD = 8] (3 - 1 = 2 DMG) FINALLY!!
[CD = 10] All the heals belong to me! +1 HP

[Hirru 12/15]

[Xion 18/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID:27540

BD: 9 (5 DMG) [PAR for 1 turn]

xion grunted slightly as Hirru managed to finally break his guard and land a light hit on the tank. "Bravo, bravo. Only 9 more hits to go!" He said, before opening his guard and charging at Hirru, this time predicting his dodging manoeuvre and driving the blade straigh into the player's abdomen. Xion watched as a large chunk of Hirru's health was taken in one blow, and electricity surged and arced from the Slicing Maelstrom to Hirru's body, the boy falling to the floor as Xion pulled his blade out of Hirru. "Apologies" he said, as he looked at the now helpless Hirru. 

Hirru (6/15) [PAR]

Xion (18/20) 

Edited by Xion

Hirru couldn't dodge in time, and found himself on the ground...again.  Paralyzed... AGAIN!  Hirru sighed as he looked up from the ground.

"You know what's more peaceful than the ground?  Not getting electrocuted every bloody time you hit me!"

[ID: 27548] 
[CD = 8] No heals for me...

[Hirru 6/15]

[Xion 18/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27545

BD: 3 (I am getting a SERIOUS case of déjà vu here) 

"paralysis is part of the game, and part of my fighting style. If you have a problem, I Suggest that you take it to Kayaba" he said before attempting to strike the boy, to finish the match, but once again he was saved by his bloody armour. "Bloody hell" Xion said as he say that the paralysis was starting to wear off, backing off and raising his shield once more. "I've won anyway Hirru" he said. 

Hirru (6/15)

Xion (18/20)

Edited by Xion

"Oh believe me!  After fighting a bunch of trap friendly monsters on the first floor, I thought about adding a complaint with Kayaba!  Guess what!  He actually responded!"

Hirru quickly opened his menu to his messages and flipped his menu to public view.

Guess we shoulda let him stick with the Tylenol. :(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

"Who sends that to people?"

Closing his menu, he focused back towards the battle.  Xion mentioned that he had won!

"Not if I have anything to say about it!"

Hirru quickly dashed forward and got behind Xion's shield to attack him again for another blip.

[ID: 27548] 
[BD = 8] (3-1=2 DMG)
[CD = 6]

[Hirru 6/15]

[Xion 16/20]

Edited by Hirru

ID:27549

BD: 10 (7 DMG) [PAR]

xion looked with horror at the message that Hirru showed him "God... Wait isn't that from scanners?" He said before Hirru attacked him far too quickly for Xion to block effectively. Xion frowned, 'that was a cheap trick' he thought before shaking hia head, now was not the time for such thoughts. The player focused on Hirru, waiting until he was in the perfect position to attack...NOW. 

Hirru had mis-positioned himself and was about to pay dearly for it as Xion charged at him, bashing the the poor boy with his shield, knocking him over, before Xion brought the slicing maelstrom down upon his chest, electricity surging from the blade to Hirru once more, his body going limp and lifeless, before the 'Duel winner' text box appeared before him. 

Awkwardly scratching his his head, Xion looked down at Hirru. " sorry..." He said, as he lifted the player onto a bench, the scene would have seemed  touching, almost romantic in a way, were it not for the fact that Hirru looked like he was trying to blow up Xion's head like in the Gif that Kayaba had sent him.