[PP-F2] Speed Vs Tank | Hirru Vs Xion [COMPLETE]

Hirru was definitely trying to get that notion through his head to, some how, do that to Xion; but the attempt was lost due to many factors.  He didn't know what Scanners was, and didn't really care.  All that mattered was that he got a taste of what a 'PvP' was, and it got rid of his boredom..

..and a lot of pent up anger apparently.  He was actually much more relaxed than usual.  Though, that may be due to the paralysis, but that wasn't bothering him too much.

"Well, that's that, huh?  Don't worry about me.. Some PKer will whisk me away to a better place, and use me as a new 2 handed battle axe."

He began to laugh as something hit him.  Something came to focus from within

"Hey, Hirru!  You alright there!"

A voice that sounded way too familiar.  The voice called out to me from the dark, but I couldn't open my eyes.  In fact, I couldn't move anything.  Nothing would respond, but would hurt if I tried harder. 

"Hirru, can you hear me?"

Yes, I can hear you, please tell me what's going on?!  Where am I?

"Your mother is talking to the doctors about some...new tech... they say.....VR....

What?!  What do they say?!  I can't speak back.  Doctors... what....

To Xion, it would seem that Hirru became eerily quiet, but still looking at him, before falling onto the bench with his eyes closed.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion was about to laugh with Hirru about his joke, but then the player became quiet, his eyes vacant and lifeless, before he fell to the bench. "Hirru?" Xion said, gently as he nudged the player. No response. "Hirru? HIRRU?" Xion said, his voice becoming panicked as he shook the boy, worried that He had accidentally killed him. ' no, that's not possible...' Xion thought, as the boy would have exploded into data shards by now. But he couldn't think straigh, his hands desperately grabbing Hirru's limp form. "Hirru, no don't die or anything please" he begged, unsure about what was happening, close to tears as he was unable to help his friend. 

Being released from the paralysis, Hirru came to from Xion's jostling.  Hirru wasn't sure what had happened, but something was definitely different.  It felt like a dream, but  dreams don't usually have all that kind of pain in it.  

"You can let go, I'm fine."

He said as he brushed the worried one off of him.  Slowly, he got off the bench and tried standing, but his legs gave out and he sat back down.  Looking from his legs to Xion.

"Alright, now what did you do?"

Xion let go, rather embarrassed. "Sorry...I was just worried" he said, before Horru asked about his legs. "Strange...the paralysis should have worn off by now" he said, scratching his chin in thought as he looked at Hirru's health bar. No paralysis symbol. No status afflictions.

"it's definitely worn off, so I have no idea..." He said, thinking about what this could be. The not thing that game to mind was a bug or a glitch, but those were extremely rare and required specific conditions to be met to trigger.

Hirru, trying to move his legs, but to no fruition.  Looking from Xion to his legs as he said that his paralysis should have been over with by now.  There should be no reason for this to be happening.  Nervegear was supposed to replicate all movement within the system to the users brain, simulating all movement for the user.

Thinking that it was all in his mind, he tried again.  This time, he could feel the twinge in his leg as it started to bend slowly.  After a few minutes of getting them to contort to their regular standards, Hirrru could stand again.

"Alright!  I think everything is back in order."

He said as he tried to take a step, but fell to the ground instead.

"Its going to be one of those days, isn't it..."

As Hirru fell, Xion grabbed his arm before pulling him back onto the bench, a concerned look on his face. " this...this shouldn't be happening" he said, looking at Hirru's basically useless legs. The player sighed, thinking about what to do. "You know we're not that far from the teleport gate,if you want I could take you down to my shop and your can rest there for a while, even stay the night of you need to" he said with a smile

This feeling was quite familiar, but Hirru couldn't figure out from where.  A feeling of uselessness that overwhelmed someone as their hope turned into fear.  A fear that would make many cower back into the corners of a room, if they could move.  The same fears that everyone on the first floor felt when they entered the fields.

The fear that they wouldn't make it back.  That they would change.  That they would die.

Hirru, though, saw this as something that was much more familiar.  It was the feeling of emptiness.  His legs were nothing when he first entered Aincrad, but with time, he was able to start walking.  It feels just like that time, but he could feel his legs instead of back then.  Back then, there was nothing there to feel.  He had to imagine that they even existed to even start feeling them.

"I think I'm just having another snap in my memories.  You remember when we first met?  When I told you about finding my friends, and you helped me with that beast." ((Which..btw.. it is your turn to post in that..)) 

Hirru got back up to his feet, but kept a hand on Xion's shoulder.  He would be able to support himself, but movement will be harder.

"I'll be fine, but we should get back to the village before anything finds us.   Mind giving a guy a shoulder?"

Xion nodded "Sure" he said, before pulling Hirru's right hand over Xion's shoulder so that he could support the man as they walked towards floor 2's main town, slowly but surely. The walk was an uneventful one, but it did take a while, Xion was strong, but not fast so they walked at a rather slow pace. "Sorry...about the pralaysis...and shaking you..." Xion said awkwardly, apologising multiple times was a bad habit of his, mainly because he was almost constantly worrying. Worrying about what people really thought about him, just assuming that they found him annoying, or a nuisance. The blonde shook his head, before walking on.  

Hirru would constantly remind him that it was okay whenever Xion would apologize.  It wasn't his fault that Hirru's memories were faulty and could cause problems.  Which made as little sense as anything else in this world.  What made his mind the most powerful part of his body?  Sure, it controlled the body, but could memories also control that too?  He needed to look into that more as he went along, or else there would be a time where a memory snap will happen, and he was in direct danger.

"You know, after the adventures that we've been having.  You'd think that I knew that much more about you."

His grin could be seen from a mile away, with how big it was.  As they walked, Hirru's legs started carrying their own weight, and by the time they would get to the town, he could probably support himself.  In the meantime, he had a good friend to help him.

Xion cocked his head quizzically as Hirru said that "What do you mean exactly?" he asked, still helping Hirru to keep himself stable as they walked towards the slowly growing town in the distance. "If you mean about the real me then..." Xion had to stop himself, as he felt a tear roll down his cheek, despite his trying to keep his emotions under control. The blonde shook his head, now was not the time for such thoughts. "How about when we get to mine I tell you a little more about myself, whatever you want to know" he said, forcing a weak smile. "I would say the same about you...but you don't remember anything. Maybe it's for the best, I've become friends with Hirru, and that is all that I need to know"

"I would truly enjoy that."

He said as they finally got to the gate of town.  Tapping on Xion's shoulder signaling him to let him go, Hirru slowly squatted down to see the full length of control that he currently had.  He could fully maneuver his legs for what he could tell, but it was probably better to not exert himself.  Signaling that he was fine, they continued onward.

"Well, I could tell you what little I do remember.  Especially the more recent one." 

Walking through the town, they had finally reached the portal hub for all floors.  Looking at it, Hirru had to brace himself for the unsettling feeling that it gave.  Personally, he would have rather went back through the 1st Floor dungeon again, than to experience that.

Xion let go when Hirru tapped on his shoulder, before walking towards the teleport gate. "See you on the other side" he said before walking up to the gate, and saying "Teleport: Floor one" before he disappeared, reappearing on floor one. Xion shook his head as he re-materialised on floor one "That always gives me a funny feeling..." he said to himself, before turning around and looking at the teleport gate, waiting for Hirru to appear.   

"Teleport: Town of Beginnings!"

Hirru shouted out to nothing in particular, but the system registered his action and replied in kind.  A blue field surrounded Hirru, as his vision blurred with the bright light.  A feeling of being lifted from his current position on the ground over came him.  It kind of felt like those dreams where you were infinitely falling, but after a while you would hit the ground.  Hirru hit the ground all right, as he appeared from the other side, Hirru stumbled a bit before getting his footing.  Slowly walking away from the portal, he saw Xion waiting for him.

"Lead... on!"

He could barely stand the sickening feeling that was building up in him.

Xion nodded as he walked in the direction of his house, on the outskirts of the town of beginnings. The walk was a reasonably long one, that took them threw a few alleyways and the like but eventually they arrived at the small building which  Xion called home. "Give me a minute" he said, as he went through the process of unlocking the door, before opening it and walking in. 

As he entered the shop he took in a deep breath, the smell of metal and fire filled his nostrils "Ahh nothing like the air of a forge" he said, before walking towards the back of the shop. "Hey Hirru, do you want to talk down here or upstairs? I have a couple of chairs so either is good with me" he said as he absent mindedly went on to check the forge. 'Everything seems ok' he thought to himself as the player unequipped his gear, putting it into his inventory, before walking out from the back of the shop. 

Entering the smithy, Hirru was hit with the atmosphere of fire and metal.  All of which made him gag from the feeling of nausea. He preferred the solitude and grace of nature, but he wasn't going to say that to the hospitality that Xion was showing.  When asked about where he wanted to talk, Hirru didn't really care where they talked at as he took to a chair nearby.

"I'll be fine down here.  The less stress on the legs, the better.  You know?" 

Hirru said as he sat down, the entirety of his body resting in the chair making it creak slightly.  Looking around, Hirru hadn't realized that Xion had a smithy, nor did he realize his distaste of the environment, again not showing it out of hospitality.

"I didn't know you picked up the blacksmithing profession?"

Xion chuckled " yeah I picked it up a while ago along with this place" he said, as he sat down opposite Hirru " it's nice, but not many people come in, actually saying that I have a couple of outstanding orders that I need to complete..." He said, remembering that he had a perfect sword and gauntlet to make. 

Xion then looked at Hirru once more, noticing that the player looked a little...off. "Are you sure that you're ok?" He asked, a concerned look on his face.

Hirru waved Xion away from the subject.

"Just not used to industrial works; been living in the forest most of the time."

Which has been true.  Ever since his venture into the forest, he's felt more at peace near a forest.  Mostly the one south of Tolbana, where he would get regular visits from a certain friend.  Nature was his home, where the boar do roam and you can throw rocks at them all day.  Of course, he would get yelled at by she-who-is-not-named for it, but that wasn't his problem.

"Well, you can get to those when I'm out of here.  In the meantime, let's learn a bit about each other, shall we?"

Xion nodded "Well I don't know where to start really..." he said, as he scratched the back of his head in thought. Nothing came to mind, he didn't know what to say. "How about you ask me some questions and I'll answer them, saves me from boring you too much eh?" he said with a smile, and a slight, awkward chuckle. Xion had never been that good at starting conversations like this, so he decided that letting Hirru ask was a better alternative. 

"Alright, let me think!"

Hirru was quite excited about this.  After a while of knowing him, you could tell that he enjoyed knowing more about people.  Though, true intentions were not always applied.  Most of the time, he was interest in your story to see if anything triggered his memories.  Lately, not much has, but that hasn't stopped him.  Especially with the latest surge to hit his system.  Hirru was ready to ask as many questions as need be, but he was decent enough not to flood individuals with thousands of questions at once.

"Let's start with how you got here.  Though I prefer if you keep any dramatic portions to yourself, please be as open as you want."

"How I got here?" Xion said, as he scratched his chin in thought about the question, before deciding to answer. "Well just like everybody else, I bought the nervegear and logged into SAO on release and got trapped here with everyone else" he said, remembering his first day of SAO, the fear, the confusion. But that was behind Xion now, he had grown much stronger since then, if his past self saw him now, he would be proud.