[PP-F2] Speed Vs Tank | Hirru Vs Xion [COMPLETE]

"Bought, huh.."

Hirru had heard that from everyone.  Apparently the Nerve-Gear was the thing that was keeping everyone in this world.  A helmet that, when worn, could send signals to the brain that could replicate the senses.  It could also shut off the motor functions of the body, except for the heart and lungs, allowing life to be sustained while the mind was in a different state.  This allowed for people to stay in the world of virtual reality, as it was called, for an indefinite time.  Even hunger was simulated and could be diminished by eating in the system.  Your mind was none the wiser that your body was growing hungry on the other side.

"Hmm.. makes sense, I guess.  Everyone else is trapped by this device, from what I hear."

It made Hirru think, 'Was I in the same situation?'.  Obviously, he was, but there was a problem with all of that.  All records of him ever getting into the world of Aincrad was lost when he first came into this world.  He couldn't remember anything up to the awakening in the Castle Aincrad.

"I don't.. know if I ever did buy such a device... I don't even know if this is really real, and not a part of my imagination."

Thinking that way, Hirru instantly waved it off.  That would have been an insult to anyone else, but he hoped that Xion understood.

"Not saying that you're not... but... it's so..."

Removing the thoughts from his mind, Hirru continued to his questions.  The memories would have to wait.

"Well, how about yourself in particular.  I've seen people act like something that they were not in the 'other life', what were you like?  Again, I don't want you to have any bad feelings from it, or bring up any bad memories.  I want you to be happy with your life so far, no matter what happened!"

Edited by Hirru
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion shook his head "Trust me, this is all too real" he said as Hirru talked about SAO being a dream, Xion hoped that it wasn't, he had made too many good friends in Aincrad. The other player then went to ask about Xion's life on the other side. Xion sighed, trying to keep his emotions under control.

"I'll try to tell you...trust me it's the only thing that makes me cry easily" he said, looking up at Hirru. "Well I was your stereotypical nerd, high grades, very few friends, the target of bullies and the like, mainly because I was an easy target, small and weak, the only thing that I had going for me was my grades... I was awkward, couldn't really deal well with large groups of people, I didn't get things like sarcasm... well that was me in school anyway. I wasn't very strong or anything, I had a medical condition that basically prevented me from doing any prolonged physical labour, but I won't bore you with that. Outside of school I spent all of my time locked in my room playing games on my computer, I didn't talk to my family that much, heck didn't really show much emotion around them either to be honest, although now that I can't see them...I sort of wish I did" he said, stopping momentarily, as he fought to keep his emotions under control. "But that's all behind me now, I'm no longer that person. I'm Xion" he said, forcing a smile.  

"That's some life, if I ever heard of one."

As it turns out, this was the only time that anyone has fully went out of their way to lay out their past.  Though, he could tell that it wasn't everything, it was fine none-the-less.  Not even that one guy who helped him during the drunken escapades of Horunka Village gave him that kind of information.  Thinking upon it, Hirru could feel nothing, though.  Not in the instance that he couldn't feel Xions true memories from his heart, as Hirru was a good listener.  Being a good listener is being able to pick up on the trace hints that people can give.  Some can lie, and that can be shown by their eyes and gestures.  Body language, no matter the physical form of the body, was still the same.

Unless, you were some sort of alien or animal, but that wasn't the case here, now was it?

"I can't remember much of that life, but I can say that it probably turned me towards a good life.  Heck, would I be me now, if I wasn't?"

"Yeah...you're a great person, and whoever is on the other side must be a great guy too" Xion said, looking at Hirru and  smiling a little, but the memory of his previous life was still fresh in his mind, as he wiped a tear from his face "Sorry" he said, his voice strained as another stray tear made it's way through. "I shouldn't be crying...there are people who had worse lives than me" he said, his head hung in shame as the tears continued to drop down his face. 

Hirru smiled at that, and hoped that he was right.  He could see that Xion meant well, but his current condition wasn't helping it much.  The hunter got up to walk over to Xion, and placed a hand on his shoulder.  Kneeling slightly to stay eye level with the young warrior, listening to his voice, watching the small glints of tears dropping to fall onto his lap.

"Your life is your own story, one that is told through your actions, and read through the eyes of others."

Hirru began to pat his shoulder as he tried to console his friend.  He didn't want his friend to think badly of his own past.  There was a reason for everything that has happened to now.

"You wrote what you can, and your past has shaped your present.  Yet that mold is still warm and can be changed with just the slightest intention."

He said as he gestured to what Xion has made out for himself.  This world was his chance to change what he had created for himself.

"Many things have happened for you, I can tell.  Many negative feelings are in those tears, but never let them be the memories that you hold in your heart.  Let those be the happy ones that have carried you to this point."

Hirru pat his shoulder one last time before rising up and going to a counter where some paper was.  After some time, he turned back to Xion with a gentle smile on his face.  He walked back over to his friend, before kneeling once more.

"If it wasn't for the events that brought you here, I would probably have never met you.  I don't know how I know that, and that feeling is what hurts me the most.  That, however, will not stop me."

"Will it stop you?"

Xion shook his head "It won't...it hasn't before and it won't win now" he said, his tears slowing, not stopping completely but slowing to the point where he could talk without being interrupted by his own hiccups. "Thankyou..." he said, looking at the player in front of him, before gently embracing him, in a sort of 'Thankyou' hug. It was only brief, as Xion wanted to avoid being awkward but nevertheless the meaning was there. "I'm sorry...that you had to see me like this" he said, smiling as he did. 

Hirru took the embrace with a little of a surprise, but he was technically ready for it the entire time.  His friend was in need, and he was there to give him the time that he needed.  He returned the hug in kind.

"You're welcome."

He said before getting back up, and hearing Xion apologize to him.

"There is no need to be sorry.  I've seen the real you, and that makes me proud to see."

Hirru smiled back at him before going to the counter where the paper was.  After a while, he opened his menu and six ingots of various ores fell across the counter.  Having thought that it was enough, he turned back towards the Xion.

"I'll give you some time to get back to your work, I have my own work to do, as well."

Hirru turned towards the door, but before he left a small piece of paper fell from his hand.  

"See ya!"

A smile could be seen from Hirru's face as walked out

Completed

Dual Winner = Xion

Summary

Hirru =  400 Col + 1 SP - 6 Mats

Xion = 400 Col + 1 SP + 6 Mats