[SP-F2] Hunting the Queen <<Long Live The Queen>> [COMPLETE]

Hunting the Queen

The information brokers have told of a small party that was hunting wasps to gain materials for their weapon upgrades.  As they fought on, a field boss spawned from seemingly nowhere, and attacked the party.  Thankfully, no one died, but the very matter that there was a boss type monster around this floor concerned many.  Fortunately, it would give a type of temporary weapon enhancement potion when killed, and respawned like any normal field boss.  Many hunters have gone to tackle this beast, there was now one more to tackle the task at hand.

"Why am I still here?!"

Edited by Hirru

I yelled out to the heavens above, but my cries would be muffled by thousands of mel of tower.  I was getting tired of being on this floor, and was ready to go on to the next floor, but had so many setbacks that I've been getting tired of it.  Today, I thought I'd let off some steam by hunting down one of the field bosses that had appeared around the area.  It would be a better change of pace for me, and would be better for me, in the long run.

When I got to the area that the Queen Wasp was supposed to be summoned from, looked and found nothing around.  The information that I remembered said that the original party that found it had to kill some normal wasps around the area.  I unsheathed aimed sword and aimed for one of the wasps that was hovering above the area.

<<Wind Wasp>>  HP 16 | DMG 2

My blows were easily evaded as the wasp flew in to try and sting me, but I was able to get out of the way, in time.

[ID: 28067][BD = 4][MD = 1]

[Hirru: 31/31]

[Wind Wasp: 16/16]

Edited by Hirru

I haven't fought many flying creatures lately, and it was showing.  Trying to hit a flying thing was harder than it looked, and to anyone watching, it would seem just as silly.  Imagine someone trying to swat a fly, but the fly swatter was a heavy blade, and the fly was twenty times its original mass.  I shook that out of my head.

"Where did that come from?"

That moments hesitation caused me to get stung by the wasp.  The sting hurt slightly, but I was getting used to it.  The pain never bothered me anyway.

[ID: 28120]
[BD = 2] Nope
[MD = 8-2=6] 2 DMG
[CD: 10] + 1HP

[Hirru: 30/31]

Edited by Hirru

I had to wonder what to do at this point.  I was doing nothing to this wasp, and it was tearing through my health, as if it were nothing.  Of course!  I keep neglecting to add to my points into my light armor.  I could be taking much less damage at this point, but I really wanted to get stronger.  If only my armor would have been done before he got here, then he would be able to heal so much more.

The wasp came at me again, and caused even greater damage this time.  If it wasn't for this battle healing, I would be in worse shape.

[ID: 28127]
[BD = 2] 
[MD = 9-2=7] 3 DMG
[CD: 12] + 1HP

[Hirru: 28/31]

Edited by Hirru

This time, things were slightly different than before.  Now, I was able to bypass the wasps attacks, but nothing else changed.  Oh!  There was also the fact that I didn't heal from my skill.  Great!  Everything was just peachy now!  Nothing could get better!

The wasp, on the other hand, looked like it was incredibly pissed, but that was really hard to tell from its constant buzzing.  That and it just looked intimidating.

"One of these days, I'm going to hit you!"

[ID: 28133]
[BD = 4] 
[MD = 7-2=5] 
[CD: 6] 

Edited by Hirru

I poised myself as the buzzing menace flew up to get the drop on me, but that wasn't happening a third time.  As it came down, I rolled away just in time, and it crashed into a large rock formation nearby.  Taking this opportunity, I ran towards the wretched thing and loaded up the sword skill <<Rage Spike>> to hurtle myself at the wasp and cause an upward strike on it.  

"Yeah!  How do you like that?!"

The wasp regained control of itself and buzzed angrily at me.  Its mandibles moving in a way that was really gross.

[ID: 28154]
[BD = 9] FINALLY!!
[MD = 1-2=-1] Take that negative and ...
[CD: 4] grrr..

[Wind Wasp: 11/16]

Edited by Hirru

I watched the little bugger as it flew a round in a rather intricate pattern, but it would eventually attack me.  Sure enough, the buzzing would be heard coming closer to him before it made a straight bee-line towards me.  I stepped away from its trajectory while trying to slice into the buzzing creature of annoyance.  Of course, I would miss cause that thing was going a bit too fast for its own good.

"Slow down you little annoyance!"

[ID: 28164]
[BD = 3] 
[MD = 4-2=2] 
[CD: 7] 

[Wind Wasp: 11/16]

Edited by Hirru

As the wasp turned around in a wide semi-circle, I prepared my sword to cross its trajectory.  It would try to stab me with its only weapon, the stinger on its abdomen.  I wouldn't allow it, and as it tried exactly that, I dodged to one side while pulling my sword into the direction that is was going to appear.  The blade bit into the wasp causing a little more damage as it flew by.  It skittered a bit before coming back to its rhythmic buzz.

"How about now?  Anything that you got in mind?" 

[ID: 28171]
[BD = 7] Hit
[MD = 3-2=1] Missed
[CD: 4] 

[Wind Wasp: 7/16]

Edited by Hirru

My confidence back in my heart and mind, I strove to destroy this insect before its queen would show up.  As it came back at me, my blade found a mind of its own, as it glowed from its position at my side.  My stance changed and I rushed at it before causing another upward strike.  Another <<Rage Spike>> to compliment the other.

Looking at the wasp, I noticed that it wasn't dead yet, with a sliver of health.

"Why won't you die?!"

[ID: 28172]
[BD = 10] 4+2 = 6 DMG
[MD = 4-2=2]
[CD: 3] 

[Wind Wasp: 1/16

Edited by Hirru

I really hated bugs at this point in time.  Not only did they buzz around and bypass all of my attacks, they were ultra-accurate.  Seemingly as such, I didn't noticed the wasp hand swung around me, and stabbed me in the bloody back.  I don't know what to do with myself, as I feel myself being pushed away.  I fell to the ground and watched as the wasp kept its usual random bee dances.

"Come down here, and fight like a humanoid!"

[ID: 28279]
[BD = 2] 
[MD = 9-2=9]
[CD: 5] 

[Hirru: 25/31]

[Wind Wasp: 1/16]

Edited by Hirru

My sword swung true as I hit the wasp for the final time.  It fell to the ground before shattering into many different pieces.  I sighed deeply as a notification of the exp and items gained from that fight.  If this was the only thing that I was going to get from these things, I would have to go back for some potions, if I want to take out this queen.

"Oy.. I'm just going to wait here for a few while I let my battle healing do its job."

I found a comfortable spot, and sat down to watch the wasps buzz around.

[ID: 28342]
[BD = 7] Hit
[CD: 6] Nope
[LD: 7] Nothing 

[Hirru: 25/31]

[Wind Wasp: 0/16] +1 Mat

Edited by Hirru

I found myself going into a small rest as I awaited my battle healing and survival to kick in.  The days have been very tiring.  From what I could tell, I was probably exerting myself too much.  Probably need to settle down somewhere for a while, but nowhere seemed quite right.  The first floor was too crowded right now.  Second had nothing on it except for some for the mountains for materials, and this field boss.  Also that rock that occasionally appears outside the 2nd floor dungeon, but that was about it.  Then there was the nothing on the third floor, as well.  I was not going to live on either 4th or 5th, and then I haven't been able to get to the other floors yet.

"I can't wait for my Regen Armor to be finished."  

I pulled open my menu and looked at my skills.  Apparently I leveled up from that last fight, so my health was topped off.  From my gear, I could use some damage mitigation, but I would have to wait longer on my more needed skills.  I shook my head.  What was I thinking?!  I put my points into light armor and as I clicked apply, I could feel that the armor that I had on was now protecting me more than usual.  The awareness of a Kun, the speed of a wolf, and the toughness of a bear.  It was funny how I was used to this weird concept of stats and equipment that this world portrayed as essential.

Several hours later, the <<Wasp Queen>> spawned, and I was ready.

mb_twq.png

Let the hunt begin!

I stood in front of the giant insect called <<The Wasp Queen>> after it spawned.  I could feel the wind being pushed by the beating of those powerful wings as I prepared myself for the battle soon to happen. There was no telling how this battle would go, but there was one thing that was apparent.  We were evenly matched.

"Let's go!"  

I started things off with a bang as I rushed in to hit it with a new sword skill that I learned not too long ago.  My sword began to glow a bright blue as he charged into the wasp.  The blade, guided by the light, cut a vertical strike down before cutting from left to right.  A third strike spun me around to deliver another vertical strike before the last strike of the combo caused a right to left slash.  All four slashs appeared in a square pattern in the air before splitting off towards the heavens.  1 Handed Straight Sword 4 hit combo <<Vertical Square>>

The Wasp Queen didn't like that much, and came bearing at me while my cool down was going through, but I was able to snap out of it before it was able to slam its stinger down on me.

[ID: 28371]
[BD = 10] Crit 4 + 2 = 6
[CD = 2] 
[MD = 7-2=5] Miss

[Hirru: 38/38]

[Wasp Queen: 24/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Believing that I have a slight upper hand, I planned to keep this up and finish this thing quickly.  Happily, the information brokers told me that it was quite weak and didn't have any adverse status effects.  That relieved any worry I once had, as it wouldn't be able to paralyze me four times in a row again.  At least, that's what Kalesh said happened.

Anyway, my wits were about me when it came to my new sword skills as I rushed at it with blade glowing and sliced the queen from the mid right to lower left.  Then the glow covered my hand, telling me to move my wrist as another slash was brought up through the bottom left to top right.  It made a V shaped strike area.  2 hit Sword Skill <<Vertical Arc>>.

This time, The Wasp Queen wasn't very happy with me.  It flew at me while I was frozen to stab me with its stinger.  It felt like a solid hit, but my health didn't budge much.  It must have been my new defense skill for my armor, and to add insult to injury, my battle healing kicked in to heal so that only a blip of health was lost.

"Sorry, your majesty!  Not today!"

[ID: 28377]
[BD = 10] 4+2=6 DMG
[CD = 12] +1 HP 
[MD = 9-2=9] Crit 2+1-1MIT=2 DMG

[Hirru: 37/38]

[Wasp Queen: 18/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Thinking back to all the adventures that I have had till this point, I could see the improvement that I've had since I first started to roam these lands.  It was quite thrilling, and something was always happening.  I couldn't wait to continue onward to the next floors, and soon be with the front lines.

The two of us circled around each other as we measured each other up.  Now, when I said 'circle', it could more be an awkward zigzag of a figure eight (8).  As with any flying insect, they didn't stay in one spot for very long, and tried to zip everywhere while I kept on the move, just in case.

[ID: 28385]
[BD = 5] Miss
[CD = 2]  
[MD = 1-2=-1] Miss 

[Hirru: 37/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

You wouldn't believe that someone that started out without being able to move very well, could be hunting monsters twice his size.  Who ever raised me on the other side must be proud right now.  I could feel the memories of the one that I called mother from before.

"You would be!  Isn't that right, mother?!"

As if to answer me, The Wasp Queen decided that it would take that time to attack me while I had my head in the clouds.  It pierced me for another good blip.  Surprised that my battle healing wasn't going to insult that attack to.  I would probably have to wait until it came back up.  Maybe, something good will come of it.

[ID: 28388]
[BD = 4] Miss
[CD = 3]  
[MD = 9-2=9] Crit 2+1-1= 2

[Hirru: 35/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Here it comes, I thought to myself.  The bug hatred is coming up again, and it was ready to squash a huge one.  Though, that would have to wait as The Wasp Queen whipped around with its little dance of exaggerated movements.  Soon it would fly around me before going in for another strike.  This one wasn't as bad as the others before it, and my health only went down a blip.  

Looking at the wasp with a stern look, I made sure that I would take joy in destroying it.

[ID: 28396]
[BD = 4]
[CD = 1]  
[MD = 8-2=6] 2-1=1

[Hirru: 34/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

I found my footing and began to flank around while it continued its little pattern.  After a while, one could easily learn its pattern so it was just a game of when it was at a certain position.  When it was getting closer to the place that I was, I quickly started to prepare a simple <<Slant>> sword skill.

My attack connected as the Wasp Queen was flying by, getting a short screech from it as its first health bar was diminished and shattered.  One more health bar to go, and I could go back to my rest.

[ID: 28398]
[BD = 8] Hit
[CD = 9]  
[MD = 7-2=5] Miss

[Hirru: 34/38]

[Wasp Queen: 14/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Something changed in the Wasp Queen as it started acting much more erratically.  The pattern changed from its ever moving figure eight (8) to some intricate puzzle that I could not figure out right now.  The Wasp Queen took this time to fly by me before appearing behind me and piercing me with its stinger, but that wasn't all.  It kept me on its stinger as it flew up and threw me from the stinger into the air.

As I fell, I wondered if all boss type monsters are like this.  If they are, they were going to be that much more thrilling.  I landed hard on the ground, but got up quickly.  This one might take longer than expected.

[ID: 28400]
[BD = 4]
[CD = 9]  
[MD = 10-2=10] Crit 2+2-1=3 DMG

[Hirru: 31/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Trying to figure out this things pattern was like trying to have a boar not hit you while you were first learning the ropes.  What was worse was this Wasp Queen was technically the boar of the field bosses.  If I couldn't figure this thing out, how would I fare against the other creatures of darkness that roam this world.  Who knows if I'll ever survive until then, as each floor brings more wonders and traps that could take my life, at any second.

No, I needed to survive!  I had to survive to know the truth!

[ID: 28410]
[BD = 1]
[CD = 10] +1 HP
[MD = 2-2=0]

[Hirru: 32/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru