[SP-F2] Hunting the Queen <<Long Live The Queen>> [COMPLETE]

Playing defensive was never a fun game, but it was definitely a better strategy than just standing around and waiting for death.  It was a chance to learn something about the enemy as you dodge his moves.  Or, in this case, she.  I couldn't figure if it was something in my head, or the huge stinger that seemed to be hurtling towards me, but I ducked out of the way before moving to a new position.  The Wasp Queen returned to her erratic pattern, if you could call it that.

The investigation into this things combat style was going horribly, but at least I wasn't getting paralyzed.

[ID: 28413]
[BD = 2]
[CD =9 ]
[MD = 7-2=5] Miss

[Hirru: 32/38]

[Wasp Queen: 14/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

I wasn't ready for the next little thing that the Wasp Queen had in store for me.  It twirled up into the air before aiming its stinger at me, as it usually would, but then it started spinning like a corkscrew, whatever that was.  Fearing a huge amount of damage from it, I dodged out of the way, but it was able to clip my leg as it flew past.  It regained itself as it continued its little erratic pattern.

"Can you not move around so much!  Trying to catch you!"

[ID: 28414]
[BD = 1]
[CD = 1]
[MD = 8-2=6] 2-1=1

[Hirru: 31/38]

[Wasp Queen: 14/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

As the Wasp Queen continued on, I thought I figured out the pattern that it was flying in.  Trying to position myself for just the right moment was the harder part.  It would slightly change its trajectory every time I moved a long distance, so I had to shorten my steps, but I had a good rhythm going,  I was able to get to a point where the Queen would pass by every so often.  Taking my blade, I slashed with a fair amount of power into the Wasp Queen as it passed.

It screeched as it got to a third of its health.  It was coming to the end game for it. 

[ID: 28419]
[BD = 6]
[CD = 2]
[MD = 2-2=0]

[Wasp Queen: 10/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Having found the strategy needed to win this battle, I continued to stalk around the Wasp Queen while it continued the erratic pattern that kept it more than swords length from me.  I kept going slowly as any sharp movement would reset the queens position tracking.  After some time, I was able to get to a point that the Wasp Queen would pass by again.  Waiting for my chance to strike, I lunged forward with an upward strike to catch the field boss as it flew by.

With only a sliver of its health left, the Wasp Queens looked like it was on its last leg.

[ID: 28505]
[BD = 6] Hit
[CD = 5]
[MD =6-2=4] Miss

[Wasp Queen: 6/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Since it was on its last leg, there was one thing that it wanted to do: get rid of me once and for all.  Though, I would have been intimidated by a giant wasp that had a huge stinger to poke me with, if the damage it was doing to me actually made me fear for my life.  I was literally more scared with the scorpion when I couldn't remember what happened.  That being said, I would definitely remember this fight, as being my first boss battle, and my first true challenge.

"So, now I'm where you started!  Let's see how long that lasts!"

[ID: 28508]
[BD = 5]
[CD = 3]
[MD =8-2= 6] 2-1=1 DMG

[Hirru: 30/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

Sure enough, I was answered by the new barrage pattern that the Wasp Queen had now inherited.  I found that it was going to be relentlessly attacking me from now on, and had to be on the defensive from now on.  The Wasp Queen circled around from the last attack, and drove into me without warning; its stinger gouging through my body.  I was collecting quite a few orange holes in my body by this point, and was wondering where my battle healing was.

Seriously though, where is my battle healing?!  I haven't healed a single point in over the past few minutes.

[ID: 28512]
[BD = 1]
[CD = 2]
[MD =10-2= 10] 4-1=3 DMG

[Hirru: 27/38]

[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

The Wasp Queen seemed to be swaying slightly as it flew around.  It was nearly done for, but not by a long shot.  It still had some fight in herself, as it lunged its stinger at me.  It connected with me, and it decided to do its little pulling me into the air to throw me around.  This time, I was able to get a close range <<Vertical Arc>> on the huge wasp before it threw me to the ground for a little more damage.  If it wasn't for this insects health pool, the royal line of wasps would have ended with that last strike, but the Wasp Queen stood resolute with only a blip of health left.

"This is it!"

[ID: 28527]
[BD = 9] 4+1=5
[CD = 5]
[MD =9-2= 9] 2+1-1=2 DMG

[Hirru: 25/38]

[Wasp Queen: 1/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

"Have you ever seen a huge wasp that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?  No?  Me neither.."

Wait.. who was I talking to?  The Wasp Queen?  Myself?  Maybe, but that hasn't happened in quite some time.  Heck, I haven't had a single day of peace for quite some time, it must be getting to me by now.  I think I need a real distraction from the adventuring, or else I'll probably go made from the voices, or something along those lines.  Maybe, if this Wasp Queen could stay in one place for one second, I could do just that.

That's not how wasps work..

[ID: 28530]
[BD = 3]
[CD = 2]
[MD =5-2= 3] 

[Wasp Queen: 1/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Edited by Hirru

[ID: 28555]
[BD = 10] Crit 4+2=OVERKILL!!
[CD = 6]
[MD =6-2= 4] 

[Wasp Queen: 0/30]
[Base DMG = 2]

Finally having enough of this Wasp Queen and the second floor in general, my sword found itself near my waist.  My stance crouched down as I pulled forward.  The Wasp Queen was attacking at the same time, and we collided along the way.  That's when the glow of the sword that had enveloped it made its move.  Pushing off, my sword made a wide slashing attack from the right side into the Wasp Queen's abdomen.  From there, a quick 90 degree turn of the sword while still inside of it causing a quick stabbing attack.  Afterwards, I turned around to face away as I forced my sword upwards through the Wasp Queen.

One Handed Straight Sword Skill | 3 Hit Combo | <<Savage Fulcrum>>

The Wasp Queen's wings stopped vibrating as it gave one last cry before the iconic sound of shattering glass sounded out behind me.  As the light bathed the air around me, the notifications for the boss battle came up.  I couldn't believe it myself, though.  My first boss battle.

I had won!

Congratulations!

Summary

Hirru: 400 Col + 4 SP + 1 Mat

Item Get!

<<The Matriarch's Stinger>>
A potent venom from the stinger of a royal wasp.  Can be applied to a weapon for extra damage.
[+1 DMG for 1 Battle]

Edited by Hirru