Minimum posts for OPs?

Go to solution Solved by Paglikha,

I can't help but notice, but the OPs that exist often have a bunch of posts, some ranging to several pages. I personally don't feel comfy joining them, not because I feel like I'd be interrupting or because there are too many people (most of the time). The main reason is that when that thread closes, the reward col gets split between participants. I don't feel like it's reasonable for me to join a 5 page thread and get several pages worth of col from doing so.

The concept just leaves me feeling kinda scummy, so I feel like there should be some kinda rule to give incentive for someone to keep posting, and cut rewards out from those who do not. I am looking through the tutorials and I am seeing no rule related to this happening. It's a douchy thing to do, but there is no rule against just ninja-ing into a thread as it concludes and getting paid for it.

So in short, am I missing something, or is there any restriction on OP rewards?

Edited by Kalesh

As far as I have read, you wont get any rewards unless you do a full page [20+?] posts of rping yourself. In other words, you will need to meet this criteria every time, OP or Not in order to gain the Col rewards upon page completion in the group. I think that's how it would mostly go, Im running on a common sense scenario in my mind but that can be a little quirky at times.

Sure, common sense is well and good, but the issue I have is that there is no rule to enforce it if there is a conflict. The 20~ posts yourself thing makes sense to me, but do you mean 20~ posts to get one page worth of rewards or the entire thread? There is just a lot of vague space that could lead to just causing GM trouble in my mind.

And that sound reasonable to me, Takao.

Edited by Kalesh
Takao edit
  • Solution

This has been asked before. The gist of what Mari (while she was staff) was that if they jumped in last minute, they receive nothing. For how many pages they participated in, that's their reward and if they do participate in a full page, then they also get an SP.

So basically, for what they've done, that's what they get. Also, it is up to the thread starter to set the requirements of what is needed to get the rewards. The thread starter could say they need to actively post or else they can lose rewards or they'll just get skipped (just don't go crazy with the rule) like how it is done in boss raids (24 hour period in boss raids so at least give them that much time).

Edited by Paglikha