[PP-F4] The Fornlorn Castle - Guild

Within a few days of having formed the Crimson Blades, which was the name that the guild members had all settled upon for their organization after putting the matter to a vote, Mack was already setting the agenda for their first swing through a major dungeon. Rumors abounded in Snowfrost Town of a cursed castle up in the mountains well outside of the settlement. The villagers told tales of a Count and Countess that lived in the Castle still, having both been cursed most horribly when they had failed to come to the aid of another noble whom they had promised assistance to in a time of greatest need. As the snow fell down around Mack, dusting his crimson guild cloak with a light powder of pure white snow the blonde guild leader reflected that clearing the dungeon and completing the quest would be a good way for the Blades to begin making a name for themselves. No doubt it would also result in a few guild awards and decorations being handed out which could then be displayed on their guild cloaks.

Lindow walked with heavy steps, the new armor which was crafted by the Blacksmith Mack, also Guild Leader of the Crimson Blades was greeted by the sun, and gleaned from the rays as the polished steel covered a good portion of his body. Lindow's thick armor plating made him move a bit more slowly and lugging around a giant greatsword didn't help his mobility at all either. However, with the special enhancements added onto the armor itself Lindow would be a force to be reckoned with as each miss would cause additional damage upon a successful strike. Lindow took a step forward, the snow falling from above landed on his armor as he brushed it off with gloved hands. Mack seemed to be the only one at the meet up point, Lindow was normally early for such meetings just to make sure of his equipment. 

"Mornin'." a voice shot towards Mach, as Lindow stood face to face with him. Lindow was probably a few inches taller, but Mack was entirely made of much more muscle than he could put on his own body. Perhaps if he trained more when he was a younger guy, he would have those hulking arms too, "looks like the others haven't arrived yet. I guess I can just take their share of the loot..." Lindow smiled and scratched his beard, he didn't have a lot of one on one time with Mack, not that he was intimidating but there was that aura about him that Lindow didn't know how to quite describe. He was a military man after all...the two handed swordsman folded his arms and waited for the others.  

((I'll fix the post if my stuff isn't approved))

Beoreson walked up his normal carefree self. He was wearing a rather odd looking armor that looked like it was partial plate that was wrapped in a black fur cloak with a hood of a rather fearsome wolf head. It was held together by a large canine tooth. "Hey, Mack this counts as a official guild event right?" asks the warrior as he switches out his normal armor for the guild cloak he was given. The warrior also had a new sword but, his comrades would be unable to see it as of yet. " Nice to see you guys again." says the warrior with the flash of a grin. "Mack what do you think  the guild's theme song should be. I vote Blood on the Risers." the warrior says jokingly.

"No, I reckon it should be Immortals." I replied to Beoreson's joke, my armoured thumbs slipped in my waistband.  The low 'legs' of my Grim Coat whipped in the frosty wind, slapping against the crimson cloak draped around my torso.  My hood was down, and the high collar of the coat could be seen buttoned up and covering my mouth.  Cobra was nowhere to be seen; I wasn't going to need her for the dungeon, as I had Warvan's Sons to deal out punishment.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say what was happening.  Mack had called the members of the Crimson Blades together to take out the Fourth Floor dungeon, and I instantly expressed my interest.  Thankfully this time I was better equipped for the winter wonderland's sting.  Lindow and Beoreson had already arrived (not to mention Mack; the one who hollered for us in the first place).  We still had quite a few more to go.

While the group stood talking, Xion had been slowly progressing towards the castle, and had finally arrived. The tank was clad in his Maelstrom armour set, with a greatshield strapped to his back (Look in evaluations), to be honest it was a rather intimidating sight for the unprepared as the grey behemoth approached them. Xion smiled as he tried to imagine the faces of the guild members who had not yet seen his armour. 

"Gentlemen..." he said as he reached the group, nodding towards their leader out of respect. "How are you on this fine day?" he asked with a smile. 

OOC: We're going to set our combat posting order now... that order is Xion, Mack, Beoreson, Grave, Abalasster (If he Joins)... we already know that Lindow is backing out of the thread. So, after this post that combat posting order will begin with Xion, then me, and so on and so forth.

"I guess Abalasster's not coming, if he is he can catch up," Mack said in a low rumbling tone, throwing back the hood of his cloak to better look each of the members of the Council of the Crimson Blades in the eye as he spoke. "Rumor has it around the village that there's a cursed castle up high in the mountains. I don't know if it's been cleared or not, and I don't know what kind of monsters we may have to face. But, the location has been marked on my map and so we're going to go and check it out. This is an official Guild operation, half of all the loot we take will go into the guild bank and the other half will be divided up evenly among all the Council Members who are taking part. Now, we got a long walk ahead of us so let's move out."

Without another word, Mack flipped the crimson hood of his cloak up over his head, dislodging some of the accumulated snowfall in the process. He then tapped a command in his menu to disseminate the map information to everyone in the Guild. "Xion, take point and do your tank thing. I'll follow then Beoreson, Grave, and Lindow." Once Xion began to move Mack followed after him and the sounds of snow and ice being crunched under foot told him that the others were following in his footsteps.

ID: 29709
MD: 5
BD: 11 (10+1)
Mack: 53/53 (Hate: 2)
Xion: 53/53 (Hate: 0)
Beoreson: 39/39 (Hate: 0)
Grave: 33/33 (Hate: 0)
Frost Giant: 42/50 (-8 Dam.) - Base Damage: 4, Mitigate: 2, Heavy Momentum: 1 (1 Stack)

For the first hour, or so, the trip was a fairly uneventful one. That all changed as the group began to make its way into the foothills. Out of nowhere a massive twenty-foot tall giant with frost blue skin came crashing out of the underbrush to swing a club the size of an adolescent tree at the lead member of the party, Xion. Unfortunately for the Giant, it misjudged where Xion was going to go and the mighty swing of the club sailed harmlessly over the head of the blonde swordsman. Without missing a beat, Mack charged forward into the fray, the sunlight that filtered down through the bare bones of the winter trees glinting off the blade of Guillotine. With a savage roar, the blonde axe-man tomahawked the bearded axe over his head and buried the blade deep in the chest of the Frost Giant before ripping it free from the beast in a spurt of digital blood. "Beoreson, Grave, surround and destroy," Mack barked, falling back after launching his attack. "Xion, do your tank thing."

Xion stood calmly as the tree-sized club sailed right over him, waiting for Mack to finish his counter attack before moving forwards, drawing his blade as he did. He heard Mack bark "Xion, do your tank thing", the player grinned as he neared the giant. "Happy to oblige, Howl incoming!" he said, warning his party members about the incoming <<Howl>>. Xion planted his shield firmly in the ground, as a wall between him and the giant, one which it was not going to overcome. "Howling!" he yelled, before inhaling deeply and letting out an ear-splitting <<Howl>> whicj drew the attention of the giant, as it snapped it's attention towards the tank, it's eyes seemingly flashing with anger. 

"Mack, you may want to refrain from attacking, the aggro different is too small for my liking!" he said. 

Xion (53/53) [HATE: 3]  

Mack (53/53) [HATE: 2] 

Beorson (39/39) 

Grave (33/33) 

Frost Giant (42/50)

ID# 29876

Battle: 6, Craft: 6,

Xion (53/53) [HATE: 3]  

Mack (53/53) [HATE: 2] 

Beorson (39/39) [1 hate]

Grave (33/33) 

Frost Giant (39/50)

The warrior flanked to the right and, hoping that he didn't pick the same direction as anyone else. He covered his ears as he ran and, managed to avoid getting hurt from the howl. He opened his cape and, drew his new sword. The ninjato was black though out and, only the sharpened part of the metal was gray. The warrior took his sword and, plunged it into the giant's ankle. The monster roared in pain as the warrior backed up to avoid picking up to much aggro.

Wow... They were all highly skilled.  I could almost feel the blow Mack had inflicted on the giant, Xion used his <<Howl>> right after, and Beoreson was already tearing in... They were working like clockwork.  I shook my distraction out of my head and looked back up to the blue skinned giant.  I broke into a sprint, leaping at his legs and using the knobbly pieces of flesh as leverage to run up his massive body.  One final push and I had leapt up into the air in front of its face.  I cocked my fist back and the gauntlet glowed gold, before snapping forward and drilling into the bridge of the monster's nose.

Oh... Oops... I had forgotten to consider one thing; how was I going to land safely?!  I plummeted from the sky towards the frozen earth... But managed to get my coat snagged on the gnarly branches of a tree.  I just lay there, hanging like a pig on a meat hook.  I looked down to my allies and threw them an ashamed grin. "I'm fine!  I'm good!  I'm not going to die!" I called to them, before hanging my head.

---

ID: 29894

BD: 7 = Success (4 - 2 = 2 DMG)

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 1]

Mack: 53/53 HP [HATE: 2]

Xion: 53/53 HP [HATE: 3]

Beoreson: 39/39 HP [HATE: 1]

Frost Giant: 37/50 HP

ID: 29915
MD: 9
BD: 6 (5+1)
Mack: 53/53 (Hate: 3)
Xion: 50/53 (Hate: 3) - (-3 Dam, Mit. 3)
Beoreson: 39/39 (Hate: 1)
Grave: 33/33 (Hate: 1)
Frost Giant: 30/50 (-2 Thorns, -6 Dam.) - Base Damage: 4, Mitigate: 2, Heavy Momentum: 1 (0 Stacks)

With a bellow of rage at the sight of so many tiny little fleas buzzing about it biting and stinging the Frost Giant went berserk. Swinging its massive club up over its head it wrapped both hands around the base of the club and then brought it crashing down on Xion. There was no way that the tank could avoid the blow, one could only hope that the blonde man didn't wind up as a crimson grease spot in the snow. Ignoring Xion's advice to hold back, Mack rushed into the fray and swung Guillotine laterally across his body, directly into the back of the Frost Giant's left knee. The massive blue skinned creature bawled in anger and turned its attention on Mack while Xion began to recover from the blow.

Xion had little time to brace himself for the incoming tree trunk that was headed straight for him, all that he could do was raise his shield and hope. Mere seconds after he had raised the Aegis of the Maelstrom did the Giant's club impact with it, causing a shockwave which shook the ground beneath him as he fought against the force of the impact. "C-crap" he said through grit teeth before the Giant finally lifted it's club. The tank looked at his health bar, the actual attack had done very little damage, but the sheer force was incredible, he almost shook at the fought of what a crit would be like. 

Slowly he recovered, standing and facing the giant once more. "Howling!" he yelled before inhaling deeply, letting out another ear splitting <<Howl>> Making the Giant focus more on him. 

Xion: 50/53 (Hate: 6) 
Beoreson: 39/39 (Hate: 1)
Frost Giant: 30/50 

ID# 30040

Battle: 9 (Partial Crit, +1 damage)

Craft: 4 (No heal)

Xion: 50/53 (Hate: 6) 
Beoreson: 39/39 (Hate: 3)
Frost Giant: 30/50 -6+2= 26/50

The raven haired warrior covered his ears as the super sonic howl was released from Xion's lungs. Beoreson attacked the giant as it smashed it's giant club into the tank. He ran up and, stabbed his ninjato into the monster's ankle. The raven haired warrior took his ninjato and, twisted his blade. He managed to free his blade from the icy flesh of the monster. The giant roared in pain as it was stabbed by the puny human. Beoreson backed off away from the monster, he defiantly didn't want to pull aggro. He noticed that the hit was kind of strong and, decided to see if Xion was alright,"Xion, are you aight?" shouts the warrior as he waits for the rest of his party to attack.

Edited by Beoreson

I winced as I watched the club descend upon Xion, but I knew from experience that he was going to emerge like nothing happened.  I wriggled a bit in the tree before finally twisting around and punching the branch off, and I landed in the snow in a crouch.  While the giant was busy swatting at the other three flies, I bolted towards its legs once again.  My right fist glowed a brilliant violet, and lightning sparked from the gauntlet.  I swung my arm around in a large arc, not stopping as I ran towards the frost giant's leg.  My fist slammed into the giant, knobbly knee and sent a pulse of lightning all the way up to its head.  Satisfied with my work, I leapt back to let Mack charge of the next attack.

---

ID: 30052

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (5 - 2 = 3 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 33/33 HP [HATE: 3]

Mack: 53/53 HP [HATE: 3

Xion: 50/53 HP [HATE: 6]

Beoreson: 39/39 HP [HATE: 3]

Frost Giant: 21/50 HP + Paralyze (Unsure as to whether Beor adjusted for MIT :| )

OOC: Xion, the MD on this rolls was a 10... amusingly, irrelevant since Grave paralyzed the beastie.

ID: 30054
BD: 6 (4+1 charm+1 concentration)
Grave: 33/33 HP [HATE: 3]
Mack: 53/53 HP [HATE: 4]
Xion: 50/53 HP [HATE: 6]
Beoreson: 39/39 HP [HATE: 3]
Frost Giant: 13/50 HP Paralyzed (-6 Dam., -4 Bleed (I crit'd the first time and forgot to apply the -2 in the 2nd round)

Mack watched through narrowed grey eyes as Xion took the blow from the frost giant's club without flinching. While the blow was surely powerful it barely registered as something worth caring about in terms of health points, especially since the giant only scored one more point of damage on Xion than Xion was able to return with the thorns that imbued his armor. Then Beoreson and Grave followed in quick succession with Grave crippling the blue skinned giant which keeled over paralyzed after Grave landed his hit. 

"Well, that's one way to do it. Line up, everyone take a whack at our friend here," Mack commanded, stepping up next to the giant's enormous head as he spoke. Twirling Guillotine around in a wide looping arc, the blonde man proceeded to bury the bladed head of the weapon square in the middle of the giant's face before stepping to one side. "Xion, if you please."

Edited by Mack

ID: 30236

BD: 9 (4 DMG) 

Xion smiled as Beor asked if he was alright  "I'm fine, it takes more than one hit to take me down" he said, before watching Grave leap from the trees and strike the creature in the leg, paralysing it, causing it to fall to the ground, creating a quake like sound as it impacted with the earth. "Good job Grave..." he said, as he watched Mack strike the creature plain in the face, causing some nice damage. "With pleasure..." he said, his eyes thin slits of determination as he placed the slicing Maelstrom at an angle, before laying an open palm on the blade and dragging his hand up to the hilt. As he did, the amount of electricity arcing around the blade increased dramatically, until the blade was a solid glowing light, made of countless sparks and shocks. "I've been experimenting with new ways of activating the paralysis on it, what do you think?" he said before raising the blade and walking to the crippled giant, looking it straight in the eye as he held the blade above it's face, before plunging it into the creature, electricity surging and arcing throughout it's body, refreshing the paralysis effect. 

Xion: 50/53 HP [HATE: 8]
Frost Giant: 9/50 HP

(CRITS FA DAYZ!)

I chuckled as Xion activated his own paralysis, by stroking his sword's blade. It was definitely an inventive way of activating paralysis, I had to give him that much... But my way had to have elicited a laugh from the tank. "I like it, but I too have special ways of activating my paralysis." I told him, strolling up to the downed giant.  I stood directly in front of it and placed my leather palms together, before rubbing them back and forth.  The crackling of static could be heard generating within my palms, and sparks of golden electricity were emitted from the plates.  Finally the gauntlets were fully charged and ready to go, and I ducked into the giant's chest, placing my knuckles to the icy flesh and let rip a pulse of electricity, the energy reverberating throughout the monster's body.

---

ID: 31047

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (5 - 2 = 3 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 33/33 HP [HATE: 5]

Mack: 53/53 HP [HATE: 4]

Xion: 50/53 HP [HATE: 8]

Beoreson: 39/39 HP [HATE: 3]

Frost Giant: 6/50 HP + Paralyze

OOC: Do we want to shift to the new system for the rest of the thread? Also, in this thread, henceforth, you shall have two days to post. At the end of two days, you will be skipped. I want to get this done, and we all want the SP :)

ID: 31057
BD: 11 (10+1)
LD: 1

Xion: 50/53 HP [HATE: 6]
Frost Giant: -2/50 HP Paralyzed (-8 Dam.)

"You three are adorable," Mack rumbled, walking up to the downed and paralyzed giant. "You're like the buzzing of flies to this thing, this is how a real man takes care of business," Swinging Guillotine loose and easy between his hands, Mack raised the bearded head of the axe above his head and then brought it slamming down on the frost giant's head. As the beast was paralyzed there was nothing it could do to escape the strike and Mack buried the bearded head of his axe deep in the frost giant's skull. The creature wavered for a moment and then exploded in a shower of pixels. "Alright, let's keep moving," the Grandmaster rumbled, continuing to lead the group along the path up to the castle after stopping to add the crafting material the giant had dropped to the group storage.

Beoreson notes to himself how much more powerful Mack is compared to himself.The warrior decides to ask the blond soldier a question as he needed to find a smarter way to level. "Hey, Mack. Got any good leveling spots? I think the mines I've been using are not very effective for me anymore." asks the warrior, as they move out towards another area. This was the third time Beoreson had asked something of the guild master. He tried top avoid asking for handouts whenever possible.

Edited by Beoreson

I pouted in jest when Mack took the final blow. "Aww, come on, Mack, you're spoiling our fun!" I complained, placing my gauntlet-bound hands to the back of my neck and following the group further across the frozen wasteland.  Beoreson began to speak of levelling spots, and I thought for a moment; I didn't have a particular spot myself.  In which case, I sped up my pace and lengthened my stride to come abreast to Beor, so as to catch the leader's reply.  If I wanted to get up there with the rest of the guild... I was going to need to level up quickly.  To be honest, I felt like the weak link in the council, and I wanted to change that...

ID: 32097
BD: 8 (7+1)
MD: 5
Mack: 57/57

Grave: 33/33 
Xion: 50/53 
Beoreson: 39/39 
Cursed Count: 42/50 (-8 Dam.)

After a few more hours of uneventful walking the group of Council Members of the Crimson Blades arrived at the massive and imposing wrought iron and oaken gates of the forlorn castle. The gates themselves were set in an imposing stone wall complete with crenelated walls, guard towers, murder slits, and a draw bridge over a frozen moat. “Well, this seems to be the place,” Mack said, turning to address the Blades that had made the trip out to the castle with him. “Since the gate seems to be open, let’s head on into the courtyard and see what awaits us. Honor and glory, of that we can be assured.” Slinging Guillotine down off of his back, the massive blonde man slung the axe over his right shoulder, keeping it at the ready to attack, and led the group through the imposing gate and into the courtyard where a sole figure stood waiting to greet them.

“Have you come to join the ranks of my retainers,” the man asked in a slightly accented tone, his voice carrying across the empty space separating him from the rest of the group as a light dusting flurry of snow began to rain down from the slate grey skies above.

“I’m afraid not. The Crimson Blades have come to cleanse this castle of its taint,” Mack growled, rolling his head from side to side on his neck to pop the joint before slinging his axe down off of his shoulder and springing to the attack. Before the count could react to defend himself, the steel head of the bearded axe had made solid contact with the side of the count’s head, snapping it roughly to one side. With a feral hiss, the count disappeared in a puff of white smoke, only to reappear in a different area of the courtyard a few seconds later, now sporting a wicked looking pair of fangs.