[PP-F4] The Fornlorn Castle - Guild

ID: 32364

BD: 6 (5 DMG)

Xion watched as they all entered the courtyard, a single humanoid enemy standing between them and the boss of the area. Drawing his blade, the tank watched Mack strike the count in the head before said count disappeared, reappearing somewhere else in the courtyard. "Someone who moves each time he is hit?" Xion mumbled to himself before charging towards the count, slashing his chest diagonally before he did his disappearing act again. "This should be quick with the damage that all of us do" he said to the rest of the group with a smile. 

Mack: 57/57
Grave: 33/33 
Xion: 50/53 [HATE: 1]
Beoreson: 39/39 [HATE: 1]
Cursed Count: 37/50 

I clashed my fists together as we approached the castle, sparks jolting from plate to plate. "Whatever is in there, let us kick its ass." I stated, revving myself up.  My curiosity piqued as we approached the silhouette of a man, and barely refrained from clapping as Mack dropped the first blow straight into the figure's side, the latter performing a rather snazzy magic trick to escape, before swiftly being struck by Xion's blade, repeating the disappearing act.  A sinister puff was heard by me, and I lashed out in a hammerfist, aiming to catch the vampire in the face... But he had already packed his bags and left, most likely for Beor. "Bloody fists weren't the most intelligent choice for this dungeon now, were they?" I jested, keeping my eyes peeled for the vamp's next move.

---

ID: 32393

BD: 1 = Critical Failure (OF COURSE!)

Grave: 33/33 HP

Mack: 57/57 HP [HATE: 1]

Xion: 50/53 HP [HATE: 1]

Beoreson: 39/39 HP

Cursed Count: 37/50 HP

Edited by Grave
  • 2 weeks later...

ID: 33622
BD: 11 (10+1)
MD: 7
Mack: 55/57 (Hate: 3) (-2 Dam., Mit. 2, Base Dam. 4)

Xion: 50/53 
Beoreson: 39/39 
Cursed Count: 29/50 (-8 Dam.)

What had been unlucky for Grave had turned out to be exceedingly lucky for Mack. Playing a hunch that the vampire would  reappear near one of the Blades so that it could launch another attack, the enormous blonde figure brought Guillotine back over his shoulder and chopped the bearded axe laterally across his body. As luck would have it, the vampire reappeared directly in Mack's line of attack just in time to receive the sharp end of the blade head with bone shattering force. Even though Mack was forced to pay for his insolence when the vampire lord raked its talons over his chest and face, that hardly mattered. Ripping the weapon through, and then free of, the vampire count, Mack noted with satisfaction that the dread count was bleeding, a positive sign.

ID: 34040

BD: 3 (Miss) 

Xion watched as Mack brought the health of the count  to near half with a brutal swing of his Axe, the damage that the count took being nearly double that which Xion was able to dish out. The blonde then ran in to take a swing at the count, bringing the Slicing Maelstrom around to attack but missing as the Count disappeared, re-appearing somewhere else.  "Bloody hell..." he cursed before backing off. 

Mack: 55/57 (Hate: 3) 
Cursed Count: 29/50 

Lady Luck seemed to have dealt me a winner's hand in the span of fifteen seconds. I watched as the burly Guildmaster dropped a bleeding effect on the vamp, before Xion missed a crucial strike. Thankfully, I managed to pick up where Mack left off. I bent my knees and raised a fist behind my head, the gauntlet sparking with azure lightning. That same eery 'puff' sound was all the confirmation I need to let my fist fly, sending it barrelling into the Count's face and launching a pulse of electricity through his body, shocking him in place for the next blow.

---

ID: 34066

BD: 10 = Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 33/33 HP [HATE: 3]

Mack: 55/57 HP [HATE: 3]

Xion: 50/53 HP

Beoreson: 39/39 HP

Cursed Count: 23/50 HP + Bleeding + Paralyze

Edited by Grave

ID: 34071
BD: 10 (8+1)
Mack: 55/57 (Hate: 3) 

Cursed Count: 15/50 (-6 Dam., -2 Bleed)

"Nicely done," Mack called to Grave as his fellow guildmate and Council Member succeeded in landing a critical strike on the Count which locked him in place and temporarily putting a stop to the creature's continual teleporting. Walking right up to the vampire, Mack tightened his grip on Guillotine and readied himself to smack the now unmoving and unresponsive enemy. Having someone, or even multiple someones, in the party with paralyze really was a nice bonus. Drawing the axe back over one shoulder, Mack whipped the weapon around laterally and buried it in the side of the vampire before stepping clear of the creature so the others could have a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

My patience was running thin... I was not exactly fond of the idea if waiting for the others to take their shots, so instead I lashed out at the gothic creature, aiming to pummel its face in, but the creature of the night regained its senses as I let fly, and my fist hit nothing but smoke, and I stumbled haphazardly through the grey blur. Twisting my head around, I kept my eyes peeled for any sign of the Count, ready to strike the predator whenever he resurfaced from his hiding.

---

ID: 35298

BD: 2 = Failure

Grave: 33/33 HP [HATE: 3]

Mack: 55/57 HP [HATE: 5]

Xion: (Removed)

Beoreson: (Removed)

Cursed Count: 15/50 HP + Bleed

Edited by Grave

ID: 35551
BD: 11 (10+1)
MD: 6
Mack: 53/57 (-2 Dam., Mit. 2) [HATE: 7]
Grave: 33/33 [HATE: 3]
Count: 3/50 (-8 Dam., -2 Bleed, -2 Thorns) - New Bleed: 2/2

Having figured out, or so he thought, the pattern of the Count's disappearances and reappearances, Mack moved quickly across the courtyard to the next spot that he thought that the vampire lord was likely to appear in. As the massive man tore across the open ground he pulled Guillotine back over his right shoulder and as the Count reappeared, Mack struck. The heavy bladed head of the weapon whipped laterally around the Grandmaster's body in a lethal arc to slam into the still bleeding vampire lord. As Mack pulled the weapon through the vampire's form the Count lashed out with his claws and caught him a glancing blow against the Angelic Sheath which absorbed the worst of the impact and dealt back a little bit of thorns damage in the exchange.

I watched as the guildmaster tore into the supernatural creature once more, receiving nothing more than a bee sting in return for his fatal blow.  I guessed it was my job to finish it, and I had no plans to let Mack down. I kept my ears peeled for the all-too familiar puff, and by the time it sounded, my right gauntlet had already begun to crackle with golden electricity. I spun around and snapped my arm out, and my gauntlet soared past the vamp as he swiftly dodged backwards... but who ever said I was aiming to hit him with my fist?  The sheer force of the swing caused the lightning coursing through the plates to extend outwards, lashing the air like a golden whip, and ripped through the Count, slicing him through the middle and shattering his body into shards of data. Huffing and puffing, I turned to Mack and gave him the thumbs up to show I was done with my job.

---

ID: 36055
BD: 9 = Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)
Grave: 33/33 HP [HATE: Cleared]
Mack: 53/57 HP [HATE: Cleared]
Cursed Count: *DEAD*
LD: 14 = 250 Col

Edited by Grave
  • 3 months later...

Seeing that the threat from Count had been ended through the combined efforts of the Crimson Blades there seemed little left to do for the guild other than to examine their loot and see how well they had done. "Well done, everyone," Mack rumbled across the empty space between him and the other members of the Crimson Blades, speaking in a tone that was loud enough to carry and commanding enough the make sure that the rest of the Blades heeded his few words. "We've completed our objective. Fan out and see if there's any additional loot to be had. If not we'll meet back here in the courtyard in thirty minutes and head back for the Town of Beginnings."

Thread Rewards:

+1 SP to All
+100 Col to All