[PP-F4] A Second go to the Crystal Cavern [Hirru]

Lindow had woken up early, quite early as he normally did right before the sun was starting to rise. At daybreak he did is morning routine and chatted with the locals about a hunting expedition he was going on today, yet he would not be alone. Recently meeting a vibrant green haired player by the name Hirru, who was at the meeting of the Crimson Blades, he thought it would be a good idea to see what the kid was made out of. Surely, he was probably more experienced at hacking and slashing foes than Lindow was but the point of the exercise was just a casual hunting trip with a fellow guild member. At about 7 am, Lindow had sent the message to the green haired warrior and got himself ready for the expedition to the Crystal Cavern, a small cave he had explored recently but not thoroughly. He still remembers the lingering feeling of me speared in the leg by a pike from a ore eating Crystal Fiend. 

Hey buddy! Good morning! I figured we haven't had much time outside the guild to socialize. How about you come to the fourth floor, bring some warm clothing and come hunting with me. We'll split mats 50/50.

Lindow had opened his menu and sent the message, hopefully he was up and ready for some action. 

((Just to let you know, Hirru is declining the guild offer, but is keeping in contact as most of his good friends are apart of that guild.  So if you find any animosity about the guild, it's that.))

Hirru was coming back from hunting The Wasp Queen on the second floor.  He was pretty tired, as the walk to and from the location where it spawns took a full day, or so.  As he crested the archway into Urbus, the sun was just coming up.  Hirru wondered if it took longer for the sun to come up the higher the floors go up.  It was an interesting thought, and he really wanted to find out if it was true.  Though, they needed to start clearing floors for that to happen, and Hirru couldn't wait to be apart of it.  Ever since he hunted the Wasp Queen, he had accumulated quite a bit of STR and AGI since coming into this world as a hunter.

He reached the warp square where he would have gone back to the first floor to spend the night in the forest there, but something came up.  I ringing sounded out as a small window appeared with a message.

Hey buddy! Good morning! I figured we haven't had much time outside the guild to socialize. How about you come to the fourth floor, bring some warm clothing and come hunting with me. We'll split mats 50/50.

The young hunter sighed as he read the message.  He didn't want any part of the guild, but still hunted with them.  There ain't no rest for the wicked, he thought as he sent a reply back.

To: Lindow

Alright, I'll be at the portal hub for the fourth floor.  See you there.

P.S. Let's not talk about the guild.

After sending the message, he yawned before checking himself and his equipment.  He wore a Wolf Pelt Vest that covered his chest, and his Kun Fur Hat sat perfectly on his head.  He looked like a sword wielding Davy Crockett, whoever that was, he thought while stepping into the portal hub and spoke the magic words,

"Warp!  Snowfrost!" 

Edited by Hirru

((More than likely I missed that connection. Haha))

Lindow received a quick message back from his green haired friend. The message was quick and casual and ended with a note about not talking about the Guild. Something must have happened, or perhaps, Lindow just didn't get the memo about it. Scratching his beard lightly with his rough digits, he made no further replies to the message and would respect his wishes and not talk about the Guild. Lindow respected all people and their wishes unless there was reason to believe that they were hiding something important from him, but that was a real life matter to deal with, and he couldn't just man handle a person like he did in during questioning.  Taking a few steps towards the portal itself, Lindow was garbed in his basic attire, he had yet to receive his fashionable cloak from the Crimson Blades, yet he did sport the crimson colors and gold lining in his tunic and vest. Bound to his back was the Hard Edge, a sword he has yet to be able to use in combat so this hunting trip would be its christening. He waited a few moments by the portal standing steadfast with his arms crossed over his chest and looked straight into the nothingness. 

((It'll be explained more when Grave posts in the guild meeting..if he posts, but for now, it'll just be that Hirru isn't apart of the guild, but is associated with them more than others.))

The feeling of being pulled off of the ground enveloped him, and before he knew it, his feet touched down in the frost covered hub of Snowfrost.  When he did, his survival skill kicked in to regulate his body temperature keeping him fairly warm.  Stepping out of the hub so that others could come to the fourth floor, he was surprised by the grizzled man before him as he had just sent that message only a few minutes before warping.  So much so, that he slipped on some of the ice that develops around the hub, and landed on his rear.

"Do you guys like to surprise a guy at this portal?!  'Cause that's what it seems like.."

Hirru growled out.  He took another look at the one that was called Lindow.  He was at the meeting with the Crimson Blades, and from his looks and demeanor was quite a veteran of life.  If it wasn't for his normal looking clothing, the young hunter would have thought him an expert in swordsmanship.  He shook that from his head as he got up from the ground.  He shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, as this man was more than meets the eye.

Edited by Hirru

Lindow had turned around to see that Hirru had arrived, "Well, I don't know about the others. But I am taking up residence here for the time being. I didn't mean to startle you. Need help getting up?" 

The two handed swordsman took a step forward, but Hirru seemed to do just fine on his own getting to his feet. Holding in a laugh, Lindow shook the peppered hair from his head with his hand and then continued on with getting things started. Through his menu he navigated towards the party screen and sent an invite to his partner. With that he seemed prepared and ready to set forth, "Alright so I found a cavern not too far from here that is a good spot to probably get some material hunting in. Fight a few monsters, take in the scenery. We should be done by late afternoon depending on how well things go for us. Should you feel tired or anxious to leave, just let me know."

Lindow touched the hilt of his massive blade briefly making sure everything was in its proper place before looking back at Hirru, "Ready to go, Hirru?" Lindow gestured with his head as they started out of the safety of the city, "Might wanna watch your step here. The thin layer of snow is covering up a massive frozen lake and it gets pretty slippery here. I can't count how often I have fallen and slipped on this thing. I would have broken a hip by now..." he looked back to make sure Hirru was alright and watching his step. 

After getting up and brushing himself off, Lindow sent him the party invite which the young hunter would accept causing a little health bar to appear below his own.  As much as he didn't want to admit, he was hoping to get to Lindow a little more.  Their only meeting was at the guild meeting which took place on this very floor.  Hirru wanted to know a bit more about the older warrior.  Maybe something would help him towards his own goal, or would trigger another of his memories.  Though, he didn't want another accident, like with the scorpion in the desert.

Hirru listened to the explanation to their current escapade and nodded in agreement to the plan before yawning.  Depending on how it went, he would probably have to bail out, if it took too long.  The body could get incredibly heavy when the body is tired, but he would be able to handle until the late afternoon.

"I'm ready" 

Following Lindow, he was warned about the frozen lake that they were crossing.  Taking him up on his warning, Hirru kept his steps light and spread out.  Even though he was pretty skinny as the body never seemed to develop past their current looks, he was never certain that an area was safe.  After traveling through the floors, Hirru has learned to take each step as if it would be his last.  The traps of the forest taught him that much, though, he would thank she-with-no-name for teaching him an important rule of this land.

Nothing is safe; Everything is ready

They traversed the terrain with little to no problems coming up to a wide mouth of a cave. Etched over the mouth was nothing more than brittle rock, a low light traveled inside which looked warm and inviting, but Lindow knew that was half the trap. He shook his head, discarding the falling snow from it as he leaned a bit and took a look inside. 

"There are quite a few mining nodes inside as well, but the damn Crystal Fiends like to chow down on those. Between the two of us, I think we can handle maybe two monsters at a time. I have never actually gone past the first section of this cave, so we are in for a little bit of exploration. I'll keep track of which turns we are taking as well so we don't get lost. I rather not spend the night inside of this cave. Alright! Just a heads up if it matters, these Crystal Fiends can come equipped with daggers and spears and they are mischievous. Often in fits of rage they pick up large boulders and toss them at you. The snow wolves are nothing special, bite and claw attacks. I believe that is all I came across in here. Perhaps some other winter denizens we should look out for."

With his sword hilt gripped in his right hand, Lindow produced the monstrous blade with the cut tip. It looked more like a tool for smashing than it was for piercing as it had no point to the sword. He hefted the large object to one shoulder and took the lead. He wondered if he should make some light conversation while they had the chance? He didn't know much about Hirru, but he trusted him enough to have his back. 

((IF you wanna set off the first set of monsters, feel free. We can do some exploration as well and try our hand at some non combat gathering))   

Upon approaching the cave, Hirru couldn't help but think how much more powerful the creatures were on this floor than on other floors.  He had been exploring each one in sequence, but he has not gotten past the second floor dungeon, as he was waiting for his equipment to be made by Blue and Xion.  Until then, the hunter figured that he would go out and hunt some of the bigger game that this world had to offer.  Though, he did like to take small jobs on the side, like now.  This was his time to socialize and try to get more information about the outside world.

As Lindow started talking about the denizens of the cave, Hirru had started thinking about what to do about them.  If there was anything about this cavern, it was that it probably already got raided by the front lines.  They seemed to have cleaned out the other floors and their dungeons by the time they were done.  Thankfully, there were small caches that were either left behind, or never truly found.  Those were his hope to find, but to do that, they needed to get past these fiends.

"They sound like quite the annoying gluttons.  Let's end them before they take all the good spots!"

Pulling the Anneal Blade from its sheath as his side, Hirru followed Lindow inside.  It didn't take long for them to find something to get in their way.  A couple of <<Crystal Fiends>> were not very far from the entrance and were already chowing down on some crystals that jutted out from the wall.  The creatures looked very humanoid in appearance, though it looked more of a crystal golem than a human being.  Having only fought the rock golems of the second floor, the young hunter had no clue at what these things would do.  Both of them were carrying spears that were also of some crystal build.

<<Crystal Fiend>> Hp 20 | DMG 2

Seeing them, Hirru instantly took the initiative.  Running forward, he caught the first one off guard and performed a <<Horizontal Square>> on it.  It screamed in pain as took notice of the young hunter and tried to stab him with the pointy end of the spear.

[ID: 28595]
[BD = 10] 5+2=7
[CD = 8]
[MD = 1]

[Hirru: 43/43]
[Lindow: 23/23]

[Crystal Fiend 1: 13/20]
[Crystal Fiend 2: 20/20]

Edited by Hirru

Lindow followed behind Hirru as he was dragging his sword against the ground, the initial attack by the one handed swordsman had deterred the first <<Crystal Fiend>> the powerful slash combo that was released by Hirru cause the creature to crack and crumble from the powerful blow. Lindow stood on guard looking at the other Fiend making sure it would not make a move while Hirru was dealing with its injured partner. Quickly coming to a stop, Lindow lifted his mighty Hard Edge over his shoulder and took a stance spreading his feet apart. His blade lit up like a burning ember as the metal glowed and pulsed with life. He moved towards the injured <<Crystal Fiend>> adding insult to injury as he jumped up and landed on his feet as his mighty weapon came crashing down into the head of the crystalline figure. The poor wretch seemed to sputter with nonsense as the attack landed and caused the crystals on its body to break off. 

Lindow hefted the mighty weapon over one shoulder once more and readied himself for an attack that never came. The Ore Eater seemed dazed and his friend seemed intimidated by their powerful attacks. Lindow slid a foot across the shimmering floor, his breath hot and showing as he nodded to Hirru, "I got your back..." 

~~

[ID: 28619]
[BD = 9] 3+1= 4 Dmg
[CD = 7] (Whats the CD used for?)
[MD = 2]

[Crystal Fiend 1: 9/20]

Edited by Lindow

"Nice follow through!"

Hirru answered to the great swordsman's attack on the first Crystal Fiend.  A clean hit after a successful combo, that's fair teamwork.  Having caused a decent amount of damage, Hirru had to make sure that the next hits were from Lindow, as he didn't want to destroy the monster without getting something out of it.  Having thought that, the young hunter would bring himself into a certain stance, awaiting the distinctive hum of the glowing sword skills.

"I hope so, cause here we go!"

This stance brought about a small glow as his weapon erupted from his shoulder, in a wide arc that came slashing through the mid right of the body to the bottom left.  Then as the slash ended, the glow continued to push the blade back up, while twisting the wrist, through a higher angle from the bottom left to the top right.  2 Hit Combo <<Vertical Arc>>

The Crystal Fiend would try to make a move while Hirru would have been in a cooldown session, but its attack was both wide and way too slow.  The young hunter was able to duck out of the way by a few seconds.

---

[ID: 28628]
[BD = 8] Hit 
[CD = 9] Nothing (Battle Healing, just for my reference)
[MD = 7-2=5] Miss

[Crystal Fiend 1: 4/20]

Edited by Hirru

Another amazing strike by the green top warrior. Hirru seemed to have an abundance of power and his strikes were on cue now two for two. Lindow continued to keep an eye on the one who seemed to be watching from a small distance, he hammered at his chest as he gave a mighty war cry as the other fell from the mighty blade of the sword skill. Taking stance, Lindow removed the sword from his shoulder and switched stances however it was a miscalculated error. As soon as he placed one hand on the hilt, one Crystal Fiend leapt over the other charging in with its spear. Lindow had little time to reflect, with his massive blade towards the ground, he started to twist the hilt of the blade so that the thick broad portion was facing forward and deflected the attack of the incoming lane strike. Unfortunately he was unable to get off an attack from this point and lost his cue to counter. 

"Damn...I thought I had that one. Watch out Hirru, he's coming for you next!" 

~~~

[ID: 2862]
[BD = 3]  
[MD = 3] 

[Crystal Fiend 1: 4/20]

Edited by Lindow

((Just realized that I made these too weak for Hirru HP wise, so Lindow is going to have to deliver the finishing blow.))

Having taken out most of the Crystal Fiend's health, Hirru was hoping for another good follow through, but the other fiend had finally taken notice and was attacking Lindow.  Hirru wouldn't have any kind of ganking in this party, especially when the enemy was doing the ganking.  Hirru had to take care of this one while having to deal with the other.  His body turned towards the one that they were attacking, but before preparing his sword...

He instead kicked to Crystal fiend for a small amount of damage.  That little stunt brought about an attack from both fiends which pierced through him, causing a fair amount of damage.  If he didn't have the MIT to cover it, Hirru would have been hurting badly.  Thankfully, he had the HP for it.

"Take it out!  I'll deal with the other one!"

---

[ID: 28695]
[BD = 7] 5-3 (No skill) = 2 DMG
[CD = 3]
[MD = 9-2=9] Crit 2+1-1= 2

[ID: 28697]
[MD = 9-2=9] Crit 2+1-1= 2

[Hirru: 39/43]

[Crystal Fiend 1: 2/20]

Edited by Hirru

Lindow cursed lightly under his breath, he should have kept a better watch of the rogue one entering the battle. Hefting the massive Hard Edge over his shoulder, he jumped and landed in between the two Crystal Fiends, but when he came down, his sword unfurled from his shoulder and did a sweeping motion. Dust and debris shot up into the air at both the enemies, it didn't do much but it did separate them out so that Lindow was now facing the injured creature. It was now a back to back action battle, it was the least he could do for Hirru after taking some spear hits to his HP pool, "Sorry about that, Hirru. I didn't think the other was going to join in so quickly. I got this one covered..."

Lindow took a step forward and gave an intimidating stare at the crystal fiend as he shouldered the greatsword. The Fiend was on his last leg of health points and the two handed swordsman made him back away from Hirru. Sliding one foot forward and getting into stance, he waited for the next attack. 

---

[ID: 28704]
[BD = 1] 
[CD =]
[MD = 4] 

Edited by Lindow

After a brief switching of paces, Hirru and Lindow were now back to back facing the two fiends.  Taking on one seemed easier at first, but now the two were having their way, and it wasn't good for them.  They would need to take these two out quickly, or else things were going to get hairy.  Moving onwards towards the second Crystal Fiend, Hirru let his sword choose the action.

It chose wisely, as the sword cut vertically through the Crystal Fiend with blade aglow.  Another slash came from left to right after that, and another vertical before the final right to left slash erupted into the golem type mob.  4 Hit Combo <<Vertical Square>> was completed when the four slashed materialized and shot off into the ground and sky.  Though, now the cooldown gave rise to Hirru getting stabbed again by the spear, but this time his battle healing kicked in to add a buffer to the health loss.

"So that's where you've been!  I haven't seen you in a long time!  How's it fairing on your end?"

[ID: 28706]
[BD = 10] 5+2=7
[CD = 12] +1 hp
[MD = 9-2=9] 2+1-1=2-1=1 DMG

[Hirru: 38/43]

[Crystal Fiend 2: 13/20]

Edited by Hirru

Lindow rested the sword over his shoulder, no skill activation this time as he was whacking away at the air keeping the Crystal Fiend as far away as he could from Hirru while he was launching his attacks. The sound of battle came from behind him, and rock rattling cry from the mob as it was attacked by what sounded like a vicious assault by the green haired warrior. Lindow smiled, Hirru was putting up a great fight behind him, Lindow on the other hand...

Whoosh Whoosh

His clumsy blade swung left and right hitting the air and causing the crystal golem to back away from his massive blade. It hopped up and down on its feet attempting to get its own attack in but the lengthy blade kept it at bay. Lindow slammed the blade down into the ground as the Ore Eater seemed to move left and right stammering out some sort of nonsense in its own language, "I think I am pissing it off...but I'm ok back here...still an even fight. Damn it, I should have been able to make a Hit by now...damn slippery foe..." Lindow's inward thoughts reflected more on his verbal ones, but at least he wasn't taking any damage in the process. Living was the number one priority. 

--

[ID: 28707]
[BD = 5]
[CD = ]
[MD = 1]

[Crystal Fiend 2: 13/20]

Edited by Lindow

"Doesn't sound good!  I'll pick up the pace!"

Hirru said as he dodged an oncoming attack from the right from his Crystal Fiend.  Having found a way around it, Hirru spun around to start a series of normal slashes crossing through fiend's leg and up.  Each slash wasn't supported by the grand light that would accompany a sword skill, but they were definitely doing their part before Hirru dropped the attack to fall back towards the grizzled great swordsman.  If Lindow couldn't get that one soon, Hirru would have to take care of both of them, and he would have none of that.

"Are you sure you have that?"

There was one more move that he had not used yet, but hoped he didn't have to use it.  It only worked if there were multiple enemies trained on him.  Trusting that Lindow could take that one out, Hirru kept his attention on his fiend who was quite weak now.

---

[ID: 28727]
[BD = 7] Hit 5 DMG
[CD = 5]
[MD = 1-2=-1] Negative!

[Crystal Fiend 2: 8/20]

Edited by Hirru

Lindow looked over his shoulder for a brief moment towards Hirru, he seemed to be doing well back there wich was not the case with Lindow as his clumsy greatsword swung several times with a miss. Frustration was clearly showing up on the otherwise stoic expression of the Crimson Blade member. Cold eyes looked towards his foe, with both hands and digits wrapped tightly around the massive hilt of his monstrous blade, Lindow took a step forward. There was such a force from his attack that it disintegrated the crystal fiend but not before it had the chance to counterattack by tossing its spear right at the warrior. Lindow grimaced as the spear flew by his cheek lightly cutting it, but enough to drop his HP. Lindow hefted his heavy blade to one shoulder and swung his body around, "Then there was one...Having too much fun without me, Hirru. That won't do at all..."

--

[ID: 28740] 
[LD = 5] Notta 
[BD = 8] 3 Dmg
[CD = ]
[MD = 7] 2 Dmg

[Lindow: 21/23]

[Crystal Fiend 1: Dead/20] +1 Material

Edited by Lindow

Lindow was successful in taking out the first fiend causing the crystal golem to fall into smaller crystals before shattering into many light crystals.  Too many crystals.. Hirru thought as both of their focus came towards the second Crystal Fiend.  Having lost the other fiend, this one would have found itself outnumbered as it decided to attack in an enraged wide arc.  Hirru would have been able to get out of the way in time, but that distracted him from his thoughts, making any attempt to attack wasted.

"Be careful!  It's not having any of this!"

---

[ID: 28741]
[BD = 4] Miss
[CD = 11] +1Hp
[MD = 5-2=3] Miss

[Lindow: 21/23]

[Crystal Fiend 1: 0/20]

Edited by Hirru

Lindow had stepped side by side with his comrade with his massive weapon over hsi shoulder. One hand kept it on the hilt while his body slightly slouched from the weight of his oversized weapon, "I see...We'll let's see how it likes me!" Lindow took a step forward as he placed both hands on the hilt of his Hard Edge, the weighty instrument of destruction came down in a cleaving manner that made the surface of the cave rumble like a mini earthquake. The Crystal Fiend laughed as it easily dodged the strike, even though the floor had shaken the Ore Eater was not intimidated by the weapon or its size. In fact, in mockery, it lunged at Lindow as he was removing his weapon from the broken earth and was gouged in the ribs. He roared and staggered backwards gripping the wound with his hand, "Just a light scratch...I'm alright." 

--

[ID: 28784]
[BD = 5] Miss
[CD = ]
[MD = 7] +2 Dmg

[Lindow: 19/23]

Edited by Lindow

As Lindow was easily dodged by the Crystal Fiend as it took a small bit from his health.  After seeing this, Hirru burst in from the side to attack the fiendish creature with sword a glow.  A long slash to the right side collided with the fiend and was lodged inside.  Then, Hirru turned the blade a full ninety degrees before stabbing it further into the gut of the crystal golem type monster.  Afterwards, he would turn around and slice upward, out of the creature causing the skill to end.  3 Hit combo <<Savage Fulcrum>>

The creature would be at its last bit of life as Hirru called out,

"Finish it!"

---

[ID: 28882]
[BD = 10]
[CD = 5]
[MD = 4]

[Lindow: 19/23]

[Crystal Fiend 2: 1/20]

Edited by Hirru