[PP-F2] Can You See in the Dark? <<Let There Be Light>> (Opal)

Well, that was different. A mother (an NPC, of course) came up to me, crying her eyes out and explained how her daughter had been lost in a dungeon. A quest tab popped up, and I decided to accept it, since I was bored out of my wits. The cave wasn't too far away, only a minute's walk from the mother. When I peered inside, though, the cave was pitch black; I was going to have a tough time fighting in there. My pet Weasel Mage, Hikari, buried her head into my coat pocket and squeaked, quivering in fear. It seemed that I wasn't going in alone though. I could hear the sound of footsteps brushing over grass behind me...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"BOO!" Opal yelled, her body jumped out from below and her breasts bounced as she landed on her feet, "Did I scare you~?" Opal peered in front of Grave, there seemed to be an ominous cave where he was standing. Her lips twisted into something of a frown and looked back at her guildmate, Grave.

"Are you going in there alone? That's pretty bad ass of you to be going into the pitch black darkness of the unknown. I'll tell you what! I'll accompany you, cause where there is a cave...there is treasure! And I like shiny things. Plus two heads are better than one, AND...I think you need a lady companion with you, because you know its dark and stuff in there! Who knows what you'll bump into!" she giggled while twisting her raven hair in her finger. 

Giving a seductive smile and pursing her lips together, she moved her finger along the menu display and sent Grave a friend request [if they weren't already] and a party invite request, this way he'll still be in the lead, "No gettin' out of it." she said smiling. 

(I'm loving this chick already XD They ought to make a great team ;) )

Amazingly, I didn't piss myself when Opal, one of the new Crimson Blades recruits, jumped out of her 'hiding place' to try and scare me. In response, I just grabbed the bridge of my nose and shook my head. "Opal, one thing you're going to need to learn about me is that it take a little more than that to scare me." I removed my hand from my face and threw her a sly grin. "Ask Xion; he ought to have some great tactics."

She asked if I was going in alone, and I was rather disheartened. "No, I'm not alone." I replied, mock acid on my tongue. I patted my coat pocket and Hikari popped her horned head to great the woman. "I've got Hikari with me. But I must say, it will be very nice to have some human female company in there. Bonus points for said company being so drop-dead gorgeous." I complimented her with a wink, before adding something at the end while she twirled her hair. "I will do my best to refrain from bumping any 'precious cargo'."

I swiftly accepted the friend and party invites, and chuckled when Opal told me I couldn't back out. "Oh, don't worry, I wasn't planning on getting out of it from the start. Who'd want to leave a woman of your caliber?" MAN I was on a roll! However, I was prepared for the return fire of flirtatious comments. I'd heard of her flirtatious (and somewhat seductive) personality.

I led us into the cave, and could already feel the darkness obscuring my vision. Not only that, I swear I lost some of my accuracy points. I turned my head and called to Opal over my shoulder. "Need me to hold your hand?" I teased, before looking forward once again. I smacked my fists together, and Hikari shared my excitement as she leapt up and curled around my neck like an orange scarf. "Alright, let's knock some heads!" I shouted, before correcting myself, looking back to Opal once again. "Oh, my bad, I'll be the one knocking heads, you'll be chopping them off." I gave the woman an ear-to-ear grin.

Opal's cheeks puffed at the mention of Xion's name, their second in command. "Oh gods, don't mention that guy. He is a tightwad, that's for sure, ya know?" she said still twisting her hair in her finger. She let the spiral of hair go as she found a cute and adorable little...something or another roll out of his pocket, it must have been his familiar and a cute little critter it was. Opal pocked her head up from as she slouched over to get a better look of the creature and then straightened herself up with a big grin on her face as he complimented her, "Drop dead gorgeous, huh? Keep saying things like that and we'll both be in trouble." she giggled holding her mouth as she placed her arms underneath her well endowed chest. The curves of her womanly figure drawing in the attention of his eyes. 

The raven haired swordswoman laughed once more from his comments, she couldn't believe this guy was on the same Concil as Xion and Beoreson, he had a completely different personality, much more welcoming and much less cold and stern. She understood that Xion had to put on that serious business as he was indeed Second in Command, Beoreson liked to keep his thoughts to himself and wasn't one for opening up much. And Grave, he was just as much as a flirt as she was. She might have to be careful with this one though, he was a Council member, and she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to have internal affairs with guild members of the higher up. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. 

The unarmed pugilist had started to lead them through the darkness of the cave, she couldn't see a damn thing. She did hear Grave call back out to her asking if she needed to hold his hand, it was a cute gesture, "I'll be alright, Sugar. I think I can still see a little bit in front of me and I am not exactly scared of the dark. I thrive on dark places where I live so its not too spooky in here." 

Grave seemed eager for battle as he heard his fists smash into one another, Opal nodded, though in the pitch black surrounding them, they couldn't see their own facial expressions instead she replied to his head chopping off comment, "I'll be sure to do that! If I can land a [censored] hit that is. I'm still getting used to swinging this greatsword around. I enjoyed Lindow, but this weapon was made for his hands, not mine, ya know?"   

"Xion's not as bad as he seems." I told her, folding my arms. "It might just be the fact that the two of us can relate to eachother. Both Brits, both hate grass, both have a messed sense of humour... yeah, that might more be the reason." I explained to her, waving my hand with each mention.  When she warned me about the compliment, I couldn't help but laugh. "To be honest, in this day and age a little 'trouble' tickles my fancy." I told her with yet another wink. "I'm sure the Blades would understand." When she crossed her arms, my eyes couldn't be tamed.  They had to take a look at the woman's body, and I swear she even noticed.  Whether that was her plan or not was a mystery to me.

"Oh, good, so I don't need to ask you if you can see in the dark." I called back with an added chuckle at the end.  I felt like Opal and I were going to make quite the team.  When she swore about her skills with landing hits, I laughed out loud.  It reminded me of Xion. "Don't worry.  Xion missed a boar like a champ like, three times the first time I met him.  What made this worse was that it wasn't dark and he had a one-handed sword.  You should feel good about that!" I explained to her, chuckling the entire time.  We made our way further through the dark, until I almost couldn't see my own gauntlets.  It was then that I kind of wished I had spent points on <<Night Vision>>.

"Seriously, Grave. You are killing the mood when you mention Xion." her tone was that of annoyance, she understood where he was coming from but the instances that they were actually together, there was always something about that guy that pissed her off and put her in a bitchy ass mood. As they continued to trek through the cave, the woman couldn't see anything. The darkness was devouring any light that was given away and she ended up holding a hand against the wall and walking gently across the treacherous cave floor. 

"I need to get used to this [censored] if I plan on becoming a Treasure Hunter. <<Night Vision>> would be great here, ya know? I don't have any SP saved at the moment so I can't do any allocation of points. We are stuck like this until we get some light in here. By the way, Grave. Why the hell are we in this cave for? You didn't spot me earlier thinking that this was a good time to make a move on me was it? While I appreciate the novel idea of getting frisky in the dark, this is a cave and I have delicate features and there could be mobs in here. Are you on some sort of quest or something? Not the one of getting me undressed that is."  

"That's an interesting notion, and I'll make sure to keep that in mind for a later point, but no, I accepted a quest not too long ago.  The arrival of a woman with your personality is purely coincidence, but hey!  I don't have a problem with it!" I told her, placing my hands behind my head, still strolling through the darkness.  I'd heard of a couple of massive bats that took refuge in the winding cave, but they weren't the only problem; Beowolves and Orcs used it as a home too.

That was when I heard the swishing of a crude blade through the dark air.  I barely caught a glimpse of the light on the blade, reflected from the entrance almost a whole fifty meters away by then.  I leaned back, letting the axe cry over my face, and backed off towards Opal. "Well, that happened quicker than I had expected!" I exclaimed, my voice rattling with excitement.  I placed my fingers together and cracked them outwards before taking a modified taekwondo stance. "Well, time to show me what Lindow's successor can do!"

(You make the first attack :) )

The name brought a sudden chill up her back when Grave mentioned Lindow. Of course she did mention him first and went on about telling him how she failed to attack anything with the monstrous weapon known as The Ifrit. She simply sighed and slid into stance as the massive blade was withdrawn from the sheath on her back. It was still so heavy in her petite hands. The weight of the blade caused her to slouch over as the crimson and silver sword fell into the cavern floor with a dull thud. She wretched and made a noise that sounded like a grunt when she hefted the heavy sword over her shoulder. 

"[censored]! I can't see a god damn [censored] thing in the darkness! Do I even have enough room to swing my sword?" she called out to Grave as she felt his arm brush up against hers, or at least she hopped that was Grave's arm and not something else. 

There was a grunt in front of her and the glint of a metal weapon. Whatever it was, she didn't like the sound of it and she slashed wildly in its direction and wasn't sure if she hit it or not, "Did I get it?" 

The axe came up and over her and came down with hell's fury as it sank into her arm, the raven haired woman cursed and backed away. "Damn it!" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29766 BD: 6 [-1 Debuff]  MD: 6 [hit]

Grave HP: 35
Opal HP: 16

Orc HP: 18 

Edited by Opal

"Opal!" I shouted as the woman backed off. I rushed in and launched my shoulder into the orc's chestplate, not heard enough to damage it. I took a step back and grabbed ahold of his axe, bare managing to grasp the shaft with my right in the imposing darkness. I turned my head and called over my shoulder. "Hit him now while I have hi-" But I was cut off as the hulking monster launched me towards the female, and I felt the tips of her shoes poking into my ribs as I stopped on the stone floor, groaning.

---

ID: 29774

BD: 3 - 1 = 2 = Failure

MD: 4 = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP

Opal: 16/17 HP

Orc: 18/18 HP

Edited by Grave

There was a sort of snarling and the beating of a chest as the Orc moved in on them. Grave was tossed away like a rag doll towards his female companion landing by her feet. Opal bent her knees and felt Grave and touched his arm, "Hey, Doll. Are you alright? Thanks for trying to help me back there. But I think we just pissed it off some more..." Opal brandished  her weapon as it glowed a magnificent hue of crimson. Her eyes narrowed at the Orc as it grunted and beat its chest like a savage brute. She whipped through the cave as if her eyes could see the target clearly as the light of day and charged in for the attack leaping over her fallen comrade. She dives under the legs of the Orc, her petite body sliding on the ground. As she is lowered, with cat like reflexes she springs upwards and the blade goes through the creature's gut. The massive blade is jiggled free as he dislodges The Ifrit and cleans the blade free of the blood with a quick slash to the air. 

"I think I got it good there, but I generated some aggro...Sorry, hunny. You ain't getting any of this hot piece of ass today!" she stated towards the NPC run Orc. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29784 BD: 10 [-1 debuff] 9 [+1 Dmg] [+3 BD on next Roll]  MD: 1

Grave HP: 35
Opal HP: 16 [Hate 1]

Orc HP: 15

Edited by Opal

I watched as Opal's massive blade cleave through the Orc's thick hide.  I threw her a smirk (although she couldn't see it) and picked myself up, dusting my clothes off.  While the Orc was distracted, I casually strolled up to it and tapped on its armoured shoulder.  The horrid beast turned around, a dumb expression upon its face.  However, that didn't last long.  I raised my right fist up, the cestus glowing a brilliant cyan before crashing into the monster's face, breaking its protruding teeth off and launching it towards Opal, creating a loud thud as it crashed to the stone and slid to the woman's feet. "All yours, sweetheart." I offered the female.

---

ID: 29785

BD: 8 - 1 = 7 = Success (4 DMG)

MD: 4

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 1]

Opal: 16/17 HP [HATE: 1]

Orc: 11/18 HP

She watched as Grave nailed the Orc with a bruising shot to the face. Slime and saliva spilled from it's maw as it twisted and turned swinging it's axe wildly in the air while grunting from the last two attacks. Opal had her sword ready as the Orc came spinning her way, lifting the blade with both hands the Orc stopped as it leaned down on her sword. The weight of the orc plus the sword was almost too much for her, her limber body leaned back and then pushed with all her might to whip the giant green skinned foe back. The sword came sweeping across it's chest as it shot a hot flash of red liquid from it's belly. Opal gave a war grunt as her blade flicked a stream of hot crimson against the walls painting it red with Orc blood. She leaned into the orc and pushed it back once more towards Grave, "Thanks! Let's see if we can continue to juggle it like this!" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29789 BD: 5 [-1 debuff] 4 [+3 BD on this Roll] = 7  MD: 5 

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 1]
Opal HP: 16 [Hate 2]

Orc HP: 9

Edited by Opal

When Opal mentioned juggling, I had to laugh at that. "I can't juggle." Those precious moments of distraction, however, sent my fist soaring past the grotesque beast's head, the creature stumbling over behind me.  Barely hearing the slice of a blade through air, I ducked under the wild strike at my head before standing straight back up again, still facing away from the Orc. "Well, I think it's your turn again."

---

ID: 29792

BD: 1 - 1 = 0 (Who would have thought this was possible? XD) = Failure

Opal: 16/17 HP

Orc: 9/18 HP

Opal got into her stance, sliding the blade along the surface of her shoulder and inching closer to the Orc. When she lifted her blade up and over her head, it came crashing into the ceiling getting lodged in place. With her body wide open for attack, the Orc snarled as a gruesome yellow translucent saliva plastered all over her face. She gave the most ear shattering scream when it happened and felt the sticky substance sliding down her face. With her hands still on the hilt of the dislodged blade, the Orc wound up its sword arm and slashed her midsection, the force was hard enough to blow her and the sword out of its prison and towards Grave and the ground. She fell over backwards and tumbled with her ass sticking straight into the air. She grunted and groaned, as she got up to her feet using the massive weight of the blade to hold her up. 

"[censored]...[censored]! I've been 'slimed' before, but not like this...Ugh!" She didn't even care she was damaged, it was more so the effect of this gnarly slime covering a good portion of her face that was sticky as she attempted to clean it off with her hands, which in turn became sticky. She flung the slop off her but ended up getting some on her chest. 

"Damn it!" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29797 BD: 5 [-1 debuff] 4   MD: 10 

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 1]
Opal HP: 14 [Hate 2]

Orc HP: 9

Edited by Opal

I sighed as Opal was flung through the air towards me.  Not in disappointment; no, that's highly I characteristic of me.  I was sighing at the fact that for the first time, I had to save a female from peril.  I strolled up to the woman while she attempted in vain to clean herself off.  My hand found it's way upon Opal's mid-back, and spoke in a hushed tone. "Let me handle this, babe." I half offered, half-teased, trying my hardest to not smile.  I traipsed past her and towards the Orc, who began to prematurely raise its weapon.  Bad move.

I watched the axe slash through the air, and I simply stepped out of the way ever so slightly and the blade lodged itself in the stone.  I decided to be a tad cheeky, and dropped to the floor, my fist glowing violet, and popped my fist up in an uppercut, slamming into the monster's crowned jewels.  The creature shut up its roaring almost instantly as it stood there in pain, its knees shaking, and electricity sparked from its body.

I back-pedalled towards Opal to escape the Orc's wrath. "Well, it should be more pissed at me, now, not to mention that it's too 'shocked' to do anything more.  Go ham."

---

ID: 29809

BD: 9 - 1 = 8 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyse)

Opal: 14/17 HP

Orc: 4/18 HP

Opal still had a disgusted face as she was slinging slime off the top of her breast as Grave stepped up and said he was going to handle it. She looked up to him with a smile and gestured him to have at it. The pugilist sized up the Orc and ended up shocking the target with his skillful fists. After declaring that the target was indeed paralyzed, Opal was asked to go ahead and have some fun. She raised a thin brow over the other as she hefted the heavy blade over to one shoulder, "Babe, huh? So I'm a babe now?" She smirked with her thin lips. Despite the Orc being stunned, the darkness all around them was still dominant in the area and she couldn't see worth [censored] in here. Hey eyes squinted to see the tall shadow and leapt into the air and came down crashing the blade right into it's head! 

"I got it!!" she declared as she jumped and down, then realized...she just broke a really large rock formation. She frowned, sank her head into her shoulder and let loose a stream of foul mouthed words that echoed into eternity in the cave.  

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29921 BD: 5 [-1 debuff] 4   MD: 1  

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 2]
Opal HP: 14 [Hate 2]

Orc HP: 4

Edited by Opal

"Well, if you don't mind being a babe, that is." I told her with an unseen wink.  I smiled as she leapt in the air, but that smirk quickly dropped to a wince as I heard the smashing of rocks. "If I tell you to go ham, you're supposed to hit the bastard!" I playfully scolded her before chuckling. I have her a teasing run on the shoulder before strolling forward once more.  I decided to leave the kill for Opal, so rather than punching the terrible maw, I crossed my fists above my head and scissored them on the axe blade already raised above the Orc's head, the edge caught in the hard plates of my gauntlets. "Well, come on, take your shot!" I called, chuckling.

---

ID: 29930

BD: 4 - 1 = 3 = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 2]

Opal: 14/17 HP [HATE: 2]

"Ham? What are we? Chowing down on pig now?" she said getting into her stance. She watched as the Pugilist took for the Orc his fluid movements like water as he parted the sword from the beast and gave her a chance to attack. Ridding The Ifrt from the the crumbled rock formation, Opal hefted the heavy blade over her head and made a charge for the target. As she was running the blade slipped off her shoulder and she was unable to get a full swing in, "[censored]!" the sword came in sloppily slashing through the air and ended up bouncing off the wall, "I can't see [censored] in here still, god damn it!" The Orc felt threatened by the petite woman, wound up his fist and hurled her backwards with the might of a freight train. The woman flew backwards as it roared and stomped. The woman skid to a stop as her bosom bounced from the movement before getting back on her feet, "[censored] Cunt!" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29935 BD: 2 [-1 debuff] 1   MD: 6  

Opal HP: 13 [Hate 2]

Orc HP: 4

Edited by Opal

I sighed again.  The poor girl... I was amazed I had to assist her... But that only gave me more reason to try and impress her and win her heart!  I pushed up against the crude weapon, before twisting to the right and tearing it from the Orc's grip.  I backed off and swiftly snapped the axe in half over my knee, the two pieces shattering into data.  I backpedaled again and placed a hand gently to the top of Opal's head. "Well, come on.  We've nearly got him.  He's all yours, sweetheart." I teased the woman, hoping I might eventually get something from it.  It was sure to happen with Opal.

---

ID: 29938

BD: 6 - 1 = 5 = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 2]

Opal: 13/17 HP [HATE: 2]

She tilted her head at him while her thin lips smiled, too bad he couldn't see the expression on her face as it made her light up with a heavy tint of red. She felt good, and his touch on her head make her feel warm inside. She felt...rejuvenated, spirited like she could take on the world, "Thanks...Grave." She said and stepped forward. She took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly, her chest going in and out with the movements of her lungs, "Alright...This Orc is just up ahead of me...I just need to angle myself just right here..." she said speaking to herself. The heavy two handed sword that was Lindow's Legacy switched from an overhead stance and was brought down over to her side and she bent her knees. She started with a light gallop, the blade dragging against the ground creating light sparks as if it were flint striking together. Then she made for a full sprint, the blade crashing into the ground and made a metal against rock sound as she lifted the blade just at the right moment. It came from below and she twisted on her feet and slid to position the strike. The crimson and silver blade came diagonally against the Orc as it broke through his thick chest plate and created a deep red gash on his chest. 

"Damn! I got it good there!" she exclaimed hearing the sounds of pain from the Orc. She took a step back as the Orc's fist came crashing towards her. She flipped her blade broadside up and deflected the blow away, she looked back to Grave, "All you, Sugar!"  

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29939 BD: 7 [-1 debuff] 6    MD: 5  

Opal HP: 13 [Hate 3]

Orc HP: 2

Edited by Opal