[PP-F2] Can You See in the Dark? <<Let There Be Light>> (Opal)

"Oh, Opal, you're such a tease." I teasingly complained, followed by a light, affectionate whap on her shoulder. Well... That was two bats down... Next step; find the girl.  As we walked on, there was only silence; not an awkward silence, a listening silence.  We were doing our best to try and hear the young girl in the cave.  Well, I was, I wasn't sure what Opal was doing.  However, soon enough, I could hear the sounds of a young girl crying further in the cavern, and I turned to look at Opal before proceeding.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opal was slightly jostled by the players playful slap to her shoulder. A foot leaning forward as she was unprepared for the gesture. She blinked and smiled walking down the darkness of the corridor once more. The voluptuous raven haired beauty was looking at her nails with a sort of a frown, she was covered in dirt and slime, and dried up blood..."Really could use that bath right now..." she almost muttered to herself as Grave seemed to be listening out for something. Then there was the soft crying of what sounded like a child. Opal...wasn't good with children, in fact, they hated her. Opal stopped and Grave had stopped as well trying to pin point the location of the noise. 

He looked to her, or what she thought...It was still so freaking dark in the cave is what hard to tell what he was looking at, her or otherwise. She just tilted her head to the side, "Nani?"  

"You going to come help out?  The child's the aim of the quest." I explained to Opal as I proceeded onwards towards the sound of the crying child.  I might not have been good with most women, but children absolutely loved me.  I'd probably make a pretty awesome father one day.  I strolled onwards towards the source of the crying, clicking my feet along the stone so I could be heard.  When I turned the corner, I could barely see the young girl's figure in the darkness... Or was that a rock formation?  With a sigh, I opened up my inventory and navigated to the new item; Crimson Cross, a mask with an accuracy buff.  Maybe that could help me see in the dark?  When I materialized it, I could see through the red glass cross that came down over the face, and I was grateful that the accuracy buff at least provided some night vision.  When I glanced back to the girl, I was correct in thinking that was where she was located.  I jogged over and crouched down in front of her, lifting my mask so she could see my face, and I gave her a friendly smile. "Don't worry, we're here to help." Why is it that whenever I want to sound cool, my British accent really shows itself?

"I'm not good with children..." she said in a defeated sigh throwing her hands up in the air with a shrug. They fell down with a clap against her thighs as she followed the silver haired charmer. Opal wasn't a fan of the crying thing, but she cried a lot herself even in her mid 20s, she still blubbered on like a baby. She shook her head as they got closer to the screeching sound of the child. Grave seemed father like in the regard he was wanting to help the child out. Opal followed him in suit but she leaned up against the wall and folded her arms and watched as Grave triggered the Quest NPC

She watched the events unfold, but her mind was elsewhere. Opal lifted a finger and began to chew on it as she was thinking. She would have to talk to Grave at some point about what happened here in the cave. There was a lot of emotions regarding the two of them and while they had some awesome chemistry, Opal was always like that. When she met an awesome guy like Grave, something bad usually happened. She wanted things to go right, perfect, just once in her life for things to go well. How did she always end up destroying her relationships, or lack there of? Booty calls, that's what she was pretty much to most men. When was the time she could just be in a normal relationship? 

The young girl stopped crying when I talked to her, and seemed to change; I guessed I could pick her up, then.  I stepped to the side and slid one arm under her knees and one under her back, lifting her as I pushed up with my knees.  I nodded my head to bring the mask back down, and when I looked at Opal she seemed deep in thought... And somewhat distressed... Maybe I was going to have to talk with her once the quest was over.  I strolled up to her and brushed my shoulder lightly onto hers. "Well, sweetheart, shall we get out of here?" I asked softly, proceeding down the corridor, back towards the place from whence we came.

Opal was bumped out of her own thoughts just as Grave lightly bumped into her. She gave a quick smile and nodded her head, "Yes! Finally..." she said, almost relieved that she was getting out of this foreboding darkness. She shot herself off from the wall with her hands as they were heading back towards the entrance. The thick sound of bat wings were high above them giving a dark ambient of the area. 

"I never wanna see another bat as long as I am alive here, Grave. I still feel all icky from that blood sucker slobbering all over me..." Opal was silent for a little bit after her last comment, only to break the silence. Why was there this awkward silence now? "So...you seem pretty good with children. The child seems to have taken a liking to you, unless that's just the way this quest goes? In either case, you have a very warm aura about you. I feel comfortable knowing you are nearby." she gave a smile in his direction, the darkness around them was now easing up, finally she could see faint traces of light and warmth from out of the cave. It was a much shorter walk back as there was no mobs they have to dispatch, for the love of God, she hoped the thrills of combat were done for now.  

I blushed when Opal told me she felt comfortable with me nearby.  Thanks to both the darkness and the mask, she couldn't see that. "Y-yeah, I'm pretty good with children, very much unlike me with women." I gave a light chuckle.  Maybe I shouldn't have said that last part; she'd probably see me as weak after that.  As I felt the cave begin to become brighter, I flicked the mask up on my head, the afternoon light filling my vision.  Only a few more steps and we were back out into the open air of Floor Two.  Obviously the NPC mother came back without a second thought.

"Oh, thankyou, thankyou so much for finding my daughter!  I was worried sick about her!" She thanked me, and I gave her a now in return. "Glad I could be of service, ma'am." I told her, and the 'Quest Complete' message popped up over my head as the mother walked off, daughter in her arms.  Sighing, I slid the mask off my head and slid it into my coat pocket before turning to Opal, a smile on my face.

"Another days work done in the books, eh?" she said leaning against the mouth of the cave. "Listen, Grave...we should talk about something..." The talk, the ever so dreadful talk. Opal kicked off from the base of the cave and walked towards him, her head tilting up light as he was a taller person than she was, her feminine arms wrapped around his neck, and her wrists locking into place, "So...I think we can be a pretty good team, ya know? But, I don't know about us in the physical sense. You are pretty much my superior, since you are a Council Member and all with the Blades. I am just a lowly recruit at the moment and I am still finding my way..." she sighed lightly, but she kept her eyes on his, a little squint with a smile. 

"It's difficult for me to adjust to new things. And...honestly, the image of Lindow is still fresh on my mind. He was someone I could really look up to, and while I know he had a wife and child, and he was like twice my age...I still felt very keen to him. And when we partied, it was the same feeling I had with you. The sense of being safe, and comfortable. With his passing...a lot of things changed, I slowly reverted to my wild and wicked ways of an adolescent school girl without even knowing about it..." she explained to him, her wrists still locked over her neck, keeping them very close to one another. 

"So for right now, can we just be friends? I don't mind the flirting, I do often and without even knowing I am doing it. But because of the way the guild is right now, you being my Superior...and with Lindow still..there inside. I can't quite...make that leap, ya know? And I am telling you this now, because I don't wanna lead you on like a bitch thinking that we'll eventually hook up. I can't honestly say what's going to happen to any of us. While I am positive we'll all be alright, its not certain. Nothing ever is...So..."

She stopped to collect her thoughts, "Think we can just...take a step back and see where that lands us?" 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting what Opal had to say.  I knew from the start that she was close to Lindow, and I knew nothing was going to happen between us right off the bat.  I only returned the smile she was giving me, her wrists locked at the back of my neck. "Don't worry, in the cave... I could tell you were distressed.  Whether it was because of me or something else, I wasn't sure... But when I saw you thinking in there, I knew I was probably going to have to talk to you." I explained. "I knew nothing was going to happen just like that.  I may be inexperienced with women, but I'm not that blind.  However, I still want to protect you as much as I can, and that's because I like you, it has absolutely nothing to do with the guild.  If the Blades for some crazy reason ordered me to slaughter you, I'd more than happily betray them." I let silence, a necessary one this time, take over for a moment, before placing my hands on her waist. "So, let's make more memories like this in the future, hey?" I asked, my tone low and soft. "And even though nothing's going to happen any time soon, I still have a shot with you, don't I?"

Edited by Grave

Opal felt his hands on the flesh of her waist as he spoke to her, she almost seemed to melt gradually away from him from the mere touch. She felt warm and giddy on the inside, and even after everything she had said, she felt somewhat defeated. Her hands unhooked from his neck, she was happy he had such a strong attachment to her...as for the Blades comment, she honestly hoped it would never come to that. This was the guild Lindow trusted in, this was the guild that she would trust herself in. Her hands mingled through the mess of his silver bladed hair, her lips pursed and she leaned upwards to his. The silky velvet lips of hers pressed to his in an affectionate manner, her mouth slightly opened as her tongue gently licked his upper lip before kissing it once more, her body pressed against his and then she slowly started backing away.  

"That was your reward for protecting me, and for you excellent skills shown in the cave. I am a woman of my word, Grave...Now..." taking a few more steps backwards, she placed her hands around her back and eased away from his embrace, "I'm gonna go take a bath, and that is not an invitation for you to join me. I shall be seeing you around..." she brought her hands up and kissed the tips of her fingers and blew him a kiss and wrinkled her nose with a smile before trotting off back to the Inn.  

I closed my eyes as I felt Opal's lips against mine, followed by her tongue and then her lips again.  Why did it feel so... natural?  The best I had before was a kiss on the cheek, but this was a whole different sensation.  I could have stood there and let Opal kiss me forever, but my pleasure soon faded away once the woman began to release.  I was too dumbstruck to speak, and I bet I looked like a total idiot in front of her.  However, what she said next snapped me from my thoughts.  A grin grew on my lips. "I hope there comes a day when that is an invitation." I teased as she strolled off.  The only thing I could do was sit on the grass, look to the sky and mumble to myself with glee. "Opal... I will earn your heart if it's the last thing I do."

Quest Completion Rewards:

Grave: 2 SP + 175 Col

Opal: 2 SP + 175 Col

ID: 30453

LD: 7