[PP-F2] Can You See in the Dark? <<Let There Be Light>> (Opal)

I clashed my fists together, producing a loud crash that echoed throughout the cavern.  I rushed the Orc, my arms pumping like crazy.  I dropped to the stone floor and slid on my side, sliding straight through the monster's legs, before popping up on the other side.  Before he could turn around, I swung my leg up, my shoe glowing red, and smashed into... Something between his legs.  The brief illumination gave me enough time to see a pair of large, thick-skinned hands blocking his crotch from my cheap-shot.  His hands wrapped around my ankles, and I called over his shoulder. "Could use some help here, sweetheart!"

---

ID: 29941

BD: 1 - 1 = 0 (Again!) = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 2]

Opal: 13/17 HP [HATE: 3]

Orc: 2/18 HP

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her hero rushed forward with the swiftness of the wind, her black hair blew in the breeze of his upcoming attack and while she could not see anything, she could hear the noise of battle. With her blade ready and positioned, she waited to see if Grave was able to connect...then there was silence for a brief moment. The sound of battle happened once more and "Oh dear..." she said shaking her head. With the small glimpse of light she made out, she thrust her blade at close distance and rammed it into the Orc's chest and then lifted upwards when she felt the connection. Her feet drove skyward and lifted her body up in the air and she came around like a spiral cutting the Orc in half and released Grave from his...position. 

The monster dematerialized into nothing leave a spray of blood and pixel as she hefted the heavy sword over her shoulder and looked down to him, "Hey, you ain't gonna have me doing all the heavy work around here are you?" she frowned, but he couldn't see her face in the pitch darkness around them...And she was hoping she was talking to him and not a rock. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 29944 BD: 7 [-1 debuff] 6    MD: 2

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 2]
Opal HP: 13 [Hate 3]

Orc HP: Dead

Edited by Opal

I felt the Orc release me and I stumbled backwards as the hulking figure exploded into data.  I bent down and rubbed my foot; it was rather sore from the iron grip.  When I looked up, I heard Opal's voice, talking to me.  Thankfully, I could see her facing me, and not some random stalagmite.  It would have pissed me off if she was chatting up a rock and not me.  I strolled up to her, close enough to look into her eyes. "It's alight; next time I'll be your pugilist in black clothing." I teased before rubbing her cheek lightly with my thumb.  I strolled past her and patted my belt, the rattling of my gauntlet calling her towards me.

Jevi was rather tomboyish (although she did give me a kiss), and Shaya was nice... But could be awkward at times.  Opal though... She was something else, someone more my type.  I guess only the shadows of the cave could know what would happen.

The blade sheathed behind Opal and she gave a low sigh of relief to know that Grave wasn't too banged up. Despite the darkness in the cave, she was able to see the glimmer of his eyes and the soft touch of his thumb upon her cheek. Opal felt red once more flush across her face and felt instantly giddy, "Hahaha!" All she could do was just laugh awkwardly and started to spin her hair with her finger until a knot was created and giving it a light pull.

"We better get a move on, Romeo." she said with a hip check into him and they started once more down the pitch darkness. While there was no monsters in sight, Opal thought of sparking up a conversation and try to get to know Grave a little bit better before she got too attached to him, "So...are you seeing anyone right now Grave? With the amount of flirting you do and sweet talk, I am sure you have a few Juliets falling for ya, ya know? Or maybe you have someone special waiting for you outside the game? I kinda had a few boyfriends here and there but nothing serious. Honestly, I have never been in a real relationship...Most of the guys I have been with were just...Ugh, if I say one night stands, that's going to make me sound like a [censored]...Not my type..I guess. Smooth one, Viv, smoothe..."   

The topic of whether I was dating anyone knocked me out of my thoughts.  I flushed red at the realisation; she brought up the topic right when I was thinking about it. "N-no, I'm not with anyone at the moment.  Never have been with anyone." My tone dropped in the last sentence. "I'm... Pretty sure I don't have any girls falling for me.  The girls I've tried have either been uninterested, or already with someone.  I don't have anyone waiting outside... No one except for a few friends who were trapped here with me." Oh, great, there I went again. "I was so enticed by the game that... I just ran off and completely left them. I feel like an ass now for that... I want to know if they're safe, where they are.  I want to beat the game for everyone's sake... And if I do find someone to cherish, to bring them safely to the real world, with or without me."

I'm pretty sure I felt a tear roll from my eye.

"Oooh!" she said. 
"ooooh..." she reiterated a few moments after, wait...did he say he has never been with a woman before, as in...been, been? She wondered about that, was he just putting on this show because he was in the game or was he actually like this in person as well? It made a huge difference and a game changer. She met some guys online that were very flirty and very romantic, but when she met them IRL...they turned out to be really, really shy around her. She posted pics of what she looked like so she wouldn't give them any false impression, but apparently her looks drove some men away or just turned them into stone statues for the entire date. She couldn't be blamed for having an absolute killer body and an IQ of 110...she didn't flaunt her IQ around though as she felt it might be a deterring factor when dating guys. They liked to be the smart ones, so she would act bubbly when called for. 

It was sad to hear the stories of the friends that were trapped in the game with him, but she hoped he wasn't going to go into some sort of weird emotional emo goth kid scene and start crying, that was her job. She was the over emotional one well...more or less of the time. Depending on the week of the month. She sighed lightly at the comment, "I am sure they are doing fine. In fact, if you want...We can tag team together sometime and look for some clues to their where-abouts? If you have any idea of their IGNs, I am sure we can find them. Oooh! We can also take a look at the Monument of Life, that displays all the names of the people on Aincrad and those who have perished. But that's only helpful if we know their names, ya know?" 

She allowed the thoughts to simmer as she continued to guide her hand along the craggy walls of the cave. She wasn't sure if she was to lighten the mood by asking another question, or keep up with this awkward silent moment.

"So...you're a virgin?" she asked bluntly? She probably just killed the mood, but she had to know what he meant by been with anyone. 

When she mentioned the Monument of Life, my eyes lit up.  I quickly stepped in front of her and grabbed her shoulders firmly, turning her towards me. "You are a genius!  I never thought of that before... Opal, I could kiss you right now, but that may just be a tad awkward for the both of us." I backed away, heart still pumping.  I could find out if my friends were still alive!  I kept my eyes locked onto hers. "However, any time you feel like it, I would be completely open for one from you." I told her with a wink.

When she asked if I was a virgin, I stood stock still, back as straight as a ramrod. "U-um, well, yeah... I am.  I've done very little in 'that sense' with women, the best I've had is a kiss on the cheek, and that happened not too long after coming here.  My question is... Why do you ask?" I had to put my most serious tone on for that last sentence.  For once in my lifetime, I might actually get lucky.

Her honey brown eyes widened when he had turned her to face him, his hands were on her shoulders in a firm grip, "Genius? Oh [censored]...he's on to me..." she thought to herself but relaxed a bit from the tense situation as she recollected the thoughts, he must have been talking about her suggestion with the Monument of Life. His friends were probably really important for him to be using such an overjoyed and enthusiastic tone in his voice. She continued to smile with her sharp thin lips, the darkness of the cave still eating away any good light for them to visibly see each other but by now, they both could sense one another and the empathy was in the air for both of them just by they way they talked to one another. She gave a light giggle when he mentioned a kiss, bringing her hands up to her mouth to cover her face and she shook the long tendrils of black hair from her face. 

"A kiss is something to be expressed in spontaneity! I won't let ask for one and I won't let you ask me for one either. It just needs to happen. But you are right, right now would not be the best time for that. You have a quest underway and we should prioritize that since we are dealing with mobs." She nodded to him and they started to walk once more, but she noticed he stopped, her hand reached for the hilt of her sword...was there an enemy lurking around somewhere? Is that why he stopped.

Then she heard the smallness in his voice as he was talking about being a virgin, her eyes stayed on him, "Hey! Ya know, that takes guts to say that you are. Don't feel ashamed about it. I won't tell you when I lost my virginity, but it was a long, long time ago. Maybe when we are both more comfortable with each other I'll tell you more about my...ugh...adventures downtown. So he is a virgin after all, I don't know how I feel about that. I've never been with a virgin guy before, I wonder how old he is? Maybe that's why...Oh God, Viv...don't start robbing the cradle now." her thoughts were jumbled and he asked her a question in return, she was quick to answer.

"You just mentioned that you have never been with anyone, so I thought I'd ask about it. I was merely curious from the way you worded your earlier comment. By the way...how old are you? Please be over twenty-one, please be over twenty one..." she chanted the last bit to herself, wait...if he was older than twenty one, how in the world was he still a virgin? She felt a little bit ill inside, not because of him, but because of her. "Maybe I really am a [censored]...Ugh...." 

"Well... This started in November, right?  I'd say... Maybe two to four months at this time until June?  I turn twenty five then." I told her.  I didn't know whether to ask or not.  Would she take it well?  In the end, I picked up the balls to ask. "So, how about you?" I asked her, before letting out a subtle breath.  That was harder than I thought... We continued to make our way further into the cavern, and it continued to grow darker.  In the end, I tapped the back of my hand against Opal's, offering to hold it. "Just so we don't get lost." I explained, my tone soft but serious.  When were we going to find those damn bats?

"Oooh. Well, that's awesome. That means you are old enough to drink, that's good. I was beginning to fear you were more like in the teens or something, ya know? You gotta be careful with some people in these MMOs, they wanna try to act older than they are in real life, but it's the personality and maturity level that really surface..."

She could tell that Grave was not one to lie about such a thing, though she wondered how with his good lucks and great charm that he had remained celibate for so long. A fresh virgin man before her eyes, she placed a dainty finger in her mouth and chewed on it casually thinking and wrapping her hair in a twist around her other finger. She continued to think of the possibilities between the two of them until he asked her about her age, "Oh? I'm twenty-four, Sugar. Actually, I'll be twenty five on Halloween. I'm gonna get [censored] faced drunk probably...but we might still end up being stuck in this game by then, I guess I'll have to deal with what I can get." 

She felt the light touch of his hand bump against hers, his fingers slowly entwined with her hand, "H-hey!" then he proceeded to explain so that they wouldn't get lost. It was getting far more darker in the cave than it was before, any signs of light have been extinguished now and while she enjoyed the darker side of things, being in a cave with monsters didn't settle well in her stomach and the faster they got out of here the better. As they we walking along she heard a sort of chirping and the ruffling of wings. As they entered a small opening in the cave, she could see up in the ceiling dozens upon dozens of black rats hanging upside down, the slightest noise would most likely startle them.

I couldn't help but smile when she said that I was able to drink at my age. "I'm pretty sure you wanted to know for another reason, but I'm not going to press the matter" I told her.  Man, I had quite some chance with this woman.  I just had to keep up my good record, or I might lose some points in her books.  Not to mention that she was my age. "So, my age huh?  That makes possibilities between us even likelier, don't you think?" I teased her.

We could hear the bat; just past a ceiling of rats.  A shiver ran up my spine as I looked at the contaminated animals hanging from the stone roof.  I looked forward as we passed underneath, doing my best not to look at them, but I wasn't going to show that kind of weakness in front of Opal.  I kept my back straight and my chest out, still looking forward as we were rapidly approaching our first target.

Her hand wiggled free of his, "Time to get to work, Sug." She prepped herself for the oncoming battle as the giant bat was revealed to them. It had course looking hair all over its body, large black webbed wings and red beady eyes. As the wings of the bat flapped, Opal's hair was moved off from her shoulder and was waving behind her. She removed The Ifrit from her sheath and drew upon Lindow's Strength to help in the first few rounds of the battle. Calling upon a prayer, it seemed to have been answered as the blade pulsated with a crimson glow, and then a soft shimmering white. She had seen this before and she knew it was a good time to destroy this Giant Bat. Her feet took to the ground in long strides, she would show Grave that she could fight as well and took blade to fang against the giant bat. Her sword arms rippled with small muscle as she danced around the bat cutting it several times with the trigger of a skill <<Cyclone>>. On her last spin, the blade cut through the entire body causing the flying rat to shriek in pain. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30045  BD: 10 [-1 debuff: Negated since its still a natural 10?] +2 Dmg. [+3 BD on next roll]   MD: 3

Grave HP: 35 [Hate ]
Opal HP: 23 [Hate:1]

Giant Bat HP: 26 [+2 Dmg Modifier]

Edited by Opal

(Internet messed up right as I posted, so I had to write it up again ;-; )

I cracked my knuckles through my gauntlets as Opal began her plethora of slashes through the giant monster.  She was definitely good, that was for sure. "Make way, sweetheart!" I called to her while she recovered.  I rushed the bat, the Sons glowing brilliantly; one red, one blue.  I struck out my right, a pulse of crimson energy smashing into the monster's jaw, before following up with my left, sending a wave of azure into the bat's chest.  I broke into a flurry of fists, the gauntlets eventually sparking with electricity.  One final blow sent bolts of electricity all throughout my position in the cavern and sending the bat flying down the corridor.

I leapt back a few times, landing behind Opal.  Sparks could be seen pulsating from the large, hairy body down in the darkness. "Well, honey, take it from here." I offered her with a playful elbow to hers.

---

ID: 30048

BD: 9 - 1 = 8 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 35/35 HP

Opal: 23/23 HP

Giant Bat: 21/30 HP + Paralyzed

Opal watched as her Pugilist's fists flashed with dual colors. The glowing colors illuminated the area lightly and she could see through the piercing darkness of what was the massive gaint bat. It shrieked and beat its wings heavily unable to cope with the double attack from the vivacious duo. Feeling the wind against her back and her hair flowing over her body, she nodded to her partner and rushed in. The glowing aura of his skill had dispersed, but the remnant of light left behind was enough to get a clean swipe off the frozen in air bat. She clipped the wing with a downward strike to finish the onslaught. She turned to Grave, "Damn, we make a pretty bad ass team, ya know?"  

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30053   BD: 4 [-1 debuff:] 3 [+3 BD on this roll] = 6   MD: 2 [Para]

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 1]
Opal HP: 23 [Hate:2]

Giant Bat HP: 19 [+2 Dmg Modifier]

Edited by Opal

(Wow, Opal should be pretty bloody impressed. Second crit on the bat in a row)

"You bet we do!" I replied, adrenaline still pumping in my veins.  I ran towards the still downed bat, and my fists began to spark again for the second time in a row.  As the poor creature was still trying to get up, I stopped and turned my body sideways, before planting both fists into its chest like a set of defibrillators.  Lightning pulsed through the oversized animal's body, and I hooked one fist underneath its bony chin, lifting it from the ground.  I spun around and slung the bat towards Opal. "Here you go, love!  He's all yours!" I called to her as the massive body hurtled through the corridor.  I stood up and rubbed my still sparking fists.  I could only hope that if she missed, she'd at least get out of the way.

---

ID: 30064

BD: 9 - 1 = 8 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 4] (Crits give extra hate, depending on the level of crit)

Opal: 23/23 HP [HATE: 2]

Giant Bat: 14/30 HP + Paralyze

Opal took several steps back watching Grave pound on the bat with his mighty glowing fists of furry. She placed the massive blade over one shoulder and tapped her foot against the ground, he was making a lot of successful attacks not to mention paralyzing the creature. She found him to be someone she can trust in danger and felt more at ease now that he was able to keep going with his strong attacks, "I guess you are pretty reliable, Grave. I'm glad to have partied with you~" She watched as the bat came flying towards her, she swung her blade to her side and slashed through the air as it came towards her knocking it back towards Grave like a baseball, "Its going...its going...it's gone!!! I seem to be a better hit when I am in the dark, how does that work out? Unfortunately my damage output is abysmal. I'll have to work on that one day." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30076  BD:7  [-1 debuff:] 6  MD: -- [Para]

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 4] OOC: Completely slipped my mind.
Opal HP: 23 [Hate:3]

Giant Bat HP: 12 [+2 Dmg Modifier]

Edited by Opal

I was not expecting the bat to come back to me.  I felt the large, furry body crash into me and send me into the floor.  I was quick to roll the animal off of me and stand up, brushing the contamination off of me.  I turned back to Opal. "Are you batty?  Tell me when you're going to bat the thing back, eh?" Damn, I was on a roll with the puns.  I chuckle as I approached her, leaving the bat behind.  I placed a hand to her shoulder. "Well, your turn again." I told her.

---

ID: 30091

BD: 4 - 1 = 3 = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 4]

Opal: 23/23 HP [HATE: 3]

Giant Bat: 12/30 HP

She laughed with a sort of snort at the end holding her mouth with a hand to stifle the on going nerdy laugh. She coughed lightly and readied her blade, every time he touched her, she felt a sudden warmth in her like she could do this all day long. She gave an inward smile and blushed lightly, good thing they couldn't see her light up like a christmas tree in here. She rushed towards the bat creature, staying in the vicinity where it fell and slashed horizontally at her target. It gave a squeal and then came back, its mouth sank into her neck, she thought it was going to devour her head. She was lifted up the ground as it chomped on her and spat her out, causing her to fall on her butt, "[censored]! The thing is a [censored] thing is a vampire bat! I like being sucked on, but come on now. Not by giant rats with wings..." she gave a disgusted look and hefted the blade over her shoulder once more in a defensive stance, "I'm not just batty, I'm [censored] crazy!" she said yelling back at Grave from his earlier comment. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30126  BD: 7 [-1 debuff:] 6  MD: 7

Grave HP: 35 [Hate 4] 
Opal HP: 21 [Hate:4]

Giant Bat HP: 10 [+2 Dmg Modifier]

Edited by Opal

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when she mentioned that she liked being 'sucked on'.  I grasped my abdomen as I bent over, laughing until I couldn't breath.  She was absolutely awesome.  Soon enough, the bat was back up, although still stumbling.  Before it could attack, I rushed up to strike it.  However, it had already crossed its wings in front of itself and caught my hand in the thin flaps of skin. "God... Damn it..." I cursed.  I wasn't going any further than where I had been locked.

---

ID: 30127

BD: 2 - 1 = 1 = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 4]

Opal: 21/23 HP [HATE: 4]

Giant Bat: 10/30 HP

Opal looked on into the darkness as she heard the sounds of battle coming directly to her right where Grave had attempted to strike the bat. Whatever he was doing, it was pissing the creature off. It had let go of Grave and ended up beating its wings into a vorpal wind, the blades were tinted with a green aura as they were launched from the fierce wings of the creature. Both Opal and Grave were caught in the powerful gale force wind as their bodies were shredded by the menacing wing attack. 

"Holy Hell!! That hurt!" Opal dropped to her knees, small red line gashes appeared over her flesh much did the same as Grave. She shakily got back up to her feet with the help of The Ifrit acting as a crutch, "It's becoming more aggressive, we need to kill this thing asap." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30128  BD: 4 [-1 debuff:] 3   MD: 10 [+2 Dmg] 

Grave HP: 33 [Hate 4] 
Opal HP: 19 [Hate:4]

Giant Bat HP: 10 [+2 Dmg Modifier]

Edited by Opal