[PP-F2] Can You See in the Dark? <<Let There Be Light>> (Opal)

I breathed heavily as I stood up from the cutting winds.  I could feel the trenches in my flesh already seeping, and I squeezed my fists at my sides. "Leave the killing to me." I growled, although excitement still coursing through my tone.  I broke into a sprint and my fists crackled for the third time, glowing blood-red.  I ducked below the immense wingspan of the giant bat, before arcing around with a heavy hook, crashing into the animal's ribcage.  Before it could get too far away, I dashed in and slammed another fist into its abdomen, smashing the stone wall behind it.  Electricity pulsed from my gauntlets and into the bat's body, but I only stayed there, keeping it pressed against the wall. "Sweetheart, come help me out will you?" I commanded teasingly.

---

ID: 30129

BD: 9 - 1 = 8 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 33/35 HP [HATE: 6]

Opal: 19/23 HP [HATE: 4]

Giant Bat: 5/30 HP + Paralyze

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The woman got up and hefted her blade over her shoulder, there was the familiar crimson and silver light pulsating from her blade. She gave a devilish grin and her speed was that of maelstrom and the force of a raging tsunami. After the little blood sucker had done some heavy damage to them both, both Grave and Opal were gonna dish out the pain to it. She launched herself into the air, her blade was singing a tune of harmony as came down as hard as she could with the massive blade splitting the creature almost in half. There were chunks of its flesh being rendered from its body, it's wings unable to beat anymore due to the paralysis. The woman flicked her blade and spiraled around the creature chopping it left and right with The Ifrit and decimated the creature. She ended the combo with a flick of the blade ramming itself into the beast and then she lifted it skywards and spun as if uppercutting it much like Grave had done earlier. The bat gave out a menacing shriek as if it was calling out the other bats in the area. 

"If you score a perfect crit on this next attack Grave...I'll give you a memory you'll never forget..." she said with a husky tone. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30134  BD: 10 [-1 debuff: Negated] +2 Dmg, +3 BD on next roll   MD: Para  

Grave HP: 33 [Hate 6] 
Opal HP: 19 [Hate:6]

Giant Bat HP: 1 [+2 Dmg Modifier]

Edited by Opal

(DAMNIT right when I could have used a 10 the most ;-; )

"Sweetheart, I might be good, but not good enough to force the system." I told the woman with a smirk.  I continued to hold the bat there, its giant fangs snapping at my face. "For... crying... out... loud... nope, if I let the bastard go, he's gonna have my head." I explained, and my face fell. "I guess that 'memory' is going to have to wait until next time, hey?" I asked.  I continued to press the bat back, my right arm under its throat and my left against its abdomen.  I could feel the blood that it had sucked from Opal dripping over my arm as it struggled to eat my face off.

---

ID: 30135

BD: 6 - 1 = 5 = Failure

Grave: 33/35 HP [HATE: 6]

Opal: 19/23 HP [HATE: 7] (A 10 gives 3 hate)

Giant Bat: 1/30 HP

Opal pouted lightly, "Just lost your chance there, Big Boy." she said, her crimson blade resonated with a pulse as she just thrust the blade into the head of the bat, turned it as it made a bone crunching sound and then whipped her sword back to finish it off. Blood from the bat exploded every where in a gory fashion as she sheathed her blade behind her and then proceeded to dust her hands off. "One dead bat...oooh! A bat fang! I can use this for later." She picked up the material and let it drift into her inventory. She turned to Grave and stepped closer to where he was; holding her hand out to feel around in the darkness, "Oh there you are. We should get going, there is a lot more left in this cave, ya know?" She was still a tad bit depressed that Grave couldn't finish the bat off, she would have loved to have given him that special memory.   

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30141 BD: 9 [-1 debuff: Negated]  +3 BD on this roll = 12   MD: 4 
LD: 1+2 = 3 OOC: WRY!??  

Grave HP: 33 [Hate 6] 
Opal HP: 19 [Hate:7] OOC: Time to reread those crit rules then! ftl. 

Giant Bat HP: DEAD [+2 Dmg Modifier]
Rewards: +1 Material [Opal]

Edited by Opal

"Yeah, let's get moving." I replied in an undertone, forcing a smile.  I made sure to keep my arm brushing against Opal's so we didn't mistake a rock for the other and completely lose each other.  After a little while, I sighed and thought aloud quietly, although all of this was completely unconscious. "I failed her and myself... I need to try harder next time, even if I don't get any kind of reward, I can't just let her down like that again next time." I mumbled.  Who knows how much she heard of it?  To be honest, there was a slight tinge of hope that she heard all of it.

"Poor guy must feel down for not getting that crit earlier, maybe I was putting too much pressure on him..." Opal continued to follow Grave but ended up behind him, her long thin arms reached for his shoulders and started to peel away the heavy jacket until she found his muscled shoulders and his neck slowly rubbing her soft hands into his flesh, "You seem a little tense there, Grave. I can feel all kinds of knots in your shoulders and neck. Maybe one day I can give you a better massage. Just relax a bit, I am here so there is no need to fret. We are still alive and you did score a number of good hits on that Bat. If it wasn't for that paralysis, we might have been in far more trouble than we were. Thank you for being there for me..." She gave him a healthy slap on the back with the palm of her hand and continued walking through the dark cave. 

"I don't like to complain...but aren't we done yet...?" she asked in a half whiney tone. 

I felt a shiver run down my spine as the cold within the cavern suddenly bit at my arms and neck.  I turned my head to see a pair of small hands removing my jacket and working away at my shoulder area.  A tension in my muscles I hadn't noticed earlier began to fade away if only a little.  I had to do my best to refrain from moaning. "I may have to take you up on that offer some time, but to be honest I'd much rather be the one giving you the massage." I told her with a wink, until she went on thanking me for assisting her.  My heart skipped a beat for a moment. "Y-yeah, sure." I turned to her and placed a thumb to her cheek. "Opal, I'll always be there for you, whenever you require it.  And no, that's not because I feel obliged to due to us being in the same guild - you're someone I want to protect and do all sorts of things with." I clarified, before she could question my reasons.

When she complained, I couldn't help the little laugh that was elicited from my lips. "Apparently, there's supposed to be a second bat, but I'm not very sure-" But before I could finish, a giant wing came screaming towards my face, and I raised my hands up, catching the enormous appendage.  An equally colossal screech resounded throughout the cavern, and I stepped back a tad at the force of the sound. "Well, babe, I'd like to know whether the same rule applies to this bastard." I grunted, referring to the 'memory' she had planned to give me.

---

ID: 30278

BD: 6 - 1 = 5 = Failure

MD: 4 = Failure

Grave: 35/35 HP

Opal: 25/25 HP

She narrowed her honey eyes into slits from his earlier comments, and it wasn't a menacing look as it was accompanied by a rather large and sharp smile on her face. She would have made a comment or two of what he said, but they were now engaged in yet another battle with a similar hairy giant bat, "You think we killed its mate?" she said unsheathing the massive blade from off her shoulders. The heavy metal sword dropped low to the ground as she held it with both hands, still incredibly heavy for the young Treasure Hunter. She side stepped one foot over the other to get into position of the bat while Grave fought tooth and nail from the squirming blood sucker. 

"I'll tell you what, Grave. You score two perfect crits on this thing, and I'll THINK about doing something nice for you...In all honesty though, you have already proved your worth to me, so I may end up just giving you a nice prize at the end. Maybe..." she would leave him to wonder if it would make him fight harder, she was tired and hungry, and her feet ached and she wanted a hot bath and a smoke break. This was becoming a longer than expected journey than the woman had wanted, but if she planned on being a hard worker for the Blades, she had to start somewhere. 

As Grave fought of the winged beast, Opal's blade had begun humming with a crimson and silver pulse. She stepped to one side as her blade was lifted from off her shoulder and shot forth in a brilliant array of flashing lights as she danced around the target slashing deep wounds into its digital flesh. When the skill went off, the bat was covered in thick blood like lines as it screeched in pain from the <<OmniSlash>> power of The Ifrit. 

"Damn! I'm a [censored] beast, ya know?!" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30281
BD: 10 [-1 debuff: Void] +2 Dmg, +3 BD on next roll
MD: 1 

Grave: 35/35 HP
Opal: 25/25 HP

Giant Bat: 26/30 [+2 Dmg Mod]

Edited by Opal

(I am praying to the dice gods on this one XD)

"Well, I guess I'll just have to do my best, hey?" I responded to Opal when she mentioned that she'd consider it if I got two perfects, and that she might even just go ahead with it anyway.  I continued to press in on the bat, trying to hold it as Opal massacred it... But I forgot the creature had feet.  As the woman finished her assault, the giant animal reached a clawed foot back and scratched the woman across the side, knocking her over. "Crap!" I cursed, before pulling back on the wing and spinning my opponent around. "Bad bat, I'm your opponent, got that?" I taunted while holding it in place.

---

ID: 30282

BD: 2 - 1 = 1 = Modified Failure

MD: 7 = Success: Opal (2 DMG) (I control this bat, as I 'spawned' this one)

Grave: 35/35 HP

Opal: 23/25 HP [HATE: 3]

Giant Bat: 26/30 HP

Opal lifted her crimson and silver blade as it pulsated with the power of its enhancement, when she felt the claws dig into her flesh she had fallen from stance and the wound showing three long red lines going down her chest in revenge of her earlier attack. She cursed as she got up on her feet while leaning on the massive blade. She pummeled the held beast in the face multiple times while Grave was holding it still. Her blade came down and took a chunk of it's wing with the slash as she whipped the sword back and placed it back on her shoulder ready for the next round to begin. 

"Damn it all! I guess a little blood doesn't hurt anyone..." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30284
BD: 4 [-1 debuff: ] 3+3 BD on this roll = 6
MD: 5

Grave: 35/35 HP
Opal: 23/25 HP [Hate 4] OOC: there i go forgetting the Hate

Giant Bat: 24/30 [+2 Dmg Mod]

Edited by Opal

(Well damn, the bat's getting a little luckier this round... Not for long!)

The bloodsucker managed to break from my grasp, filled with rage after Opal's round.  It latched onto her already seeping side and began to drain the red liquid from her.  I was quick to act, grappling the furry monster and latching my hand around the inside of its jaw, pulling its fangs out of Opal before throwing it a few meters across the hall. "But too much blood can kill... Opal, I don't want you to get hurt any further, alright?  I'll take this bastard.Even if it means risking my life, I had wanted to say, but thought I might have sounded melodramatic.  I broke into a run at the bat and leapt into the air, swinging my hips around and landing my right heel into the animal's jaw.  Electricity pulsed from the landing point and reverberated through the bay's body, before the furry mass was sent further down the corridor. I took a look over my shoulder. "Babe, what do you say three normal crits is the equivalent of two perfects?" I asked, my grin widening.

---

ID: 30285

BD: 9 - 1 = 8 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 10 = 4 DMG

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 2]

Opal: 23/25 HP [HATE: 4]

Giant Bat: 19/30 HP + Paralyze

"You know, Grave. I am a big girl...While I love the thought of being protected all the time, I can also handle things myself. I like a little independence, ya know?" She spun the blade in both hands and locked onto

the target, while she thumbed through which attack strategy to go with, she thought about what Grave was saying to her. He had the right intentions, but perhaps he was becoming too strongly attached to her right away. While they were in the cave, they flirted with one another, sure, but he didn't know her very well or what she was like on the inside. Most people see the boobs and then go from there, unfortunately she never had anyone ever see her more than some trophy. She sighed and shook her head, the dark hair unraveling from her shoulders as she sprinted along the long darkness of the cave. Wielding her sword over her head, she leapt over a small cliff in the darkness and slammed her massive blade into the skull of the bat and whipped it around with a secondary slash. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30289
BD: 8 [-1 debuff: ] 7 

Grave: 35/35 HP Hate: 2]
Opal: 23/25 HP [Hate 5]  

Giant Bat: 17/30 [+2 Dmg Mod]

Edited by Opal

(HAHA! DICE GODS ARE IN MY FAVOUR!)

My heart skipped yet another beat when Opal scolded me.  Often when I was told off by a female, I moped for ages... But Opal only showed how strong she actually was.  That thought gave me determination.  I had to show her that I wasn't viewing her as a trophy.  After yet another tirade of slashes from Opal, I began to rub my palms together, and static pulsed along the plates, this time in a brilliant blue rather than the typical gold.  Soon enough, the gauntlets glowed and crackled all over, enhanced by the azure glow from the Sword Skill being activated while I rushed onwards. "Watch out, sweetheart!  Incoming perfect Crit!" I shouted, before leaping into the air.  The blue light revealed the bat aiming to scratch the woman again, this time across the face. "Oh, you bastard, you've done it now!" In the blink of an eye I slammed straight into the bat, launching both fists into the sides of its head, sending an electric pulse through its skull.  An uppercut followed, before a hook punch slammed the animal against the stone wall.  I stepped back, huffing and puffing. "Well, that's one perfect and one normal.  Let's see what else I manage to do."

---

ID: 30292

BD: 10 - 1 = 9 = Modified Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: Paralyzed

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 5]

Opal: 21/25 HP [HATE: 5]

Giant Bat: 11/30 HP + Paralyze

There was a stream of blue that caught her eyes lighting up the area like a thundering boom as she watched Grave asail into the air and attack the intended target. She was awestruck by the pure ingenuity of the Pugilist as he displayed a hot flash of power and dominance over the Giant Bat. Opal had to admit it, he looked pretty damn good doing those moves. She was so awestruck, that when it was her time to strike, she was so flustered that her giant blade missed the paralyzed bat completely. "God damnit, Grave. Making me swoon and miss the target..." She pouted lightly, her thoughts directed mentally, but she didn't mind missing that one time if she got to see that display of power again.  

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30296
BD: 5 [-1 debuff: ] 4   

Grave: 35/35 HP Hate: 5]
Opal: 21/25 HP [Hate 5]  

Giant Bat: 11/30 [+2 Dmg Mod]

Edited by Opal

"Come on, sweetheart, focus on the bat, not me." I teased.  I could tell my next move wasn't going to be a critical, but I decided to give it a shot anyway.  I began to slam my fists into the furry chest, over and over, hoping that the repeated, rhythmical motion would eventually produce just a tiny spark.  A tiny spark it did, but not enough to do anything to the bat.  I gave up and slammed my last blow into the animal's jaw, jerking its head sideways.  I let the creature drop to the ground, its chest heaving while I backed up. "One more chance?" I pleaded.

---

ID: 30301

BD: 7 - 1 = 6 = Success (4 DMG)

Grave: 35/35 HP [HATE: 6]

Giant Bat: 7/30 HP

She snickered at his comment, "Stop being a show off." She felt even more flustered than before, it was like he was able to read her thoughts or something which was kinda creeping her out. She took a side step with her blade hovering over her head, she slashed at the giant bat and didn't make any impressive hit, unless you count the rock she just decimated to be a crit attack on it? She grunted "[censored] great, there was a perfectly good chance to end this earlier..." she sighed and shook her head, the long tendrils of inky hair coming undone from her shoulders. She took a few steps and was happy that Grave produced enough aggro on him, she didn't like this bat keeping its beady eyes on her. She gave a disgusted look, shuddering after its last attempt to bite into her flesh and suck away her blood. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30302
BD: 2 [-1 debuff: ] =1  

Grave: 35/35 HP Hate: 6]

Giant Bat: 7/30 [+2 Dmg Mod]

Edited by Opal

(I looked at my roll and was like "Fair enough." Looked at Mob roll, I was like "Fair enough!")

Maybe backing off was a bad idea.  The bat picked itself up in a flash and sunk its giant teeth into my shoulder.  Thanks to the game's pain nullifier, it didn't hurt as much as I was expecting, but I could still feel the tension in the bite, squeezing the life out of my poor shoulder. "Well... At least you went for me this time, and not Opal.  I really wouldn't be happy..." My right fist began crackling with golden electricity. "If you did!" I slammed my sparking fist into the bat's throat, tearing the fangs through my shoulder and sending the animal into the wall once again.  I rubbed my shoulder tenderly, feeling it heal up slightly from my <<Battle Healing>>. "Well, I guess you can have the pleasure of the killing blow." I offered Opal.

---

ID: 30303

BD: 9 - 1 = 8 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze) (What is with me and 9s? XD)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG)

CD: 12 = +1 HP

Grave: 33/35 HP [HATE: 8]

Giant Bat: 2/30 HP + Paralyze

Opal watched as the fangs of the giant bat sank it his shoulder and attempted to alleviate him of his precious blood. His distinct golden aura wrapped around the gauntlets in an electrical fashion as he belted the creature with his relentless barrage of blows. The last hit shook the giant bat so hard that the fangs were ripped from its jaw, leaving the flying rat with barely a sliver of life. On its back with torn webbed wings, Opal only felt sympathy for the creature. While she didn't like bats that much, they were creatures of the darkness much like herself, and who didn't like Batman? She almost drooled over herself thinking about the tall, dark and handsome brooding hero. Lifting her blade over her head, which has yet to make any sort of impact on the beast, slammed her blade towards its. Still too dark for her to see and what she thought was the bat was another rock formation crumbling at her feet. 

Her head lowered and her fist raised lightly at the level of her eyes and the last word from her mouth was a loud resounding "[censored]!" that seemed to echo for eternity in the darkness of the cave.  

<<Battle Engaged>>

ID: 30208
BD: 5 [-1 debuff: ] = 4 OOC: RNGesus has abandoned me  

Grave: 35/35 HP Hate: 8]

Giant Bat: 2/30 [+2 Dmg Mod]

Edited by Opal

(OH MY GOD PRAYING TO RNGESUS WORKS!)

I heard the whine of Opal's blade through the air, before making a heavy crashing sound as it found purchase on yet another rock formation.  I couldn't tell if she actually failed or whether she was giving me another chance, but I decided to believe the latter, as that was the option that gave me the most determination.  I knew I could do it.  I had to.  I strolled up to the bat and picked it up by the scruff of the neck, and flipped it into the air.  I then began delivering a barrage of kicks and punches to the hairy mass, golden sparks flinging off of my whirling body, before evolving to a sapphire blue, and at that point I didn't think I could go any faster.  I was wrong.  The blue bolts began to darken to a cool but vibrant purple, sparking all throughout the corridor, hitting everywhere but Opal.  I finally delivered the finishing cross punch, shattering the bat into millions of tiny shards of data.  I sat there my chest heaving heavily, my breathing raspy and shallow.  I turned around to face Opal. "So... What was the score? One normal, two partial crits and two perfects?" I asked, a half-assed grin on my lips.

---

ID: 30309

BD: 10 (AWW YEAH!) - 1 = 9 = Modified Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

Grave: 33/35 HP [Hate cleared]

Opal: 21/25 HP [Hate cleared]

Giant Bat: *DEAD*

LD: 20 = (JACKPOT!) Uncommon Item (Submitting for approval) + 1 Bat Meat (Mat) (Do you want the item?)

She slammed her blade into the dirt encrusted ground and rolled her tongue inside her mouth when he made his comment to her. She couldn't tell if he was being over confident or what, surely though, he finished the beast and looked on as it seemed to have dropped some treasure behind, "To the spoils go the victor she said..." gesturing the shiny glints of items where the giant bat had laid to rest. Opal lifted the heavy blade off the ground and spun it towards her back and sheathing it. Her long arms swept through the inky tendrils of black hair and smoothed them out over her body. That was two dead bats, and of course he was keeping track of his crits along the way after she had indeed told him if he scored decently during that battle..."MAYBE...I would give you that special reward. Maybe still being emphasized there, hun." she gave a soft giggle. 

"So, what else for the quest? We done, just needed to kill a few bats...?" she asked. She had enough of this cave and its darkening grasp around her. She wanted to be bathed in sunlight or moonlight, whichever it was right now, but overwhelming darkness in a dank cave was not what she wanted to be in right now. She stretched her arms high into the sky and gave a soft yawn, "Lead the way, Crit Master Grave."