[PP-F7]-The Reopening of The Iron Blade

Opal gave a sharp smile as Piera accepted her invitation to sit with herself and Shirosu who seemed to be enjoying her drink a bit too much at this point, casually saying she might go a bit out of character and will be getting drunk. Opal held up her hand to her mouth as she laughed lightly and shook her head, "If these were shots, I could see us all getting up on these tables and doing some Coyote Ugly moves. You seem like a very shy person, Piera. I don't mean to be blunt like that, just an observation. But there is no need to be shy around us girls..." She looked around the room to see if anyone else had joined up, Lawfer had his eyes gazing around the room and their eyes briefly met. Opal's sharp brow raised one higher than the other and she gave a saucy smile to the new recruit. She lifted her ale in her hand momentarily just to acknowledge that she saw him glimpsing over at them and then returned to her female companions. 

"I couldn't help notice, Piera...that you and Mack...have a slight glow around each other. You instantly became more 'alive' when you saw him. Is there a little budding romance we should know about?" Opal didn't say anything out loud, she subtly leaned in on her chair towards the brunette and almost whispered it to her, having the words carry over to her ear. She wouldn't pry into the matter though if Piera insisted it being removed from the topic of conversation. It was just that Opal had a tough time adjusting to life in SAO as compared to her sorority sisters. There was always gossip and fashion tips going about, she didn't get many chances to speak with other women here as this was a male dominating population, but that wasn't bad either. She crossed one leg over the other under the table and enjoyed her beverage, "I am not sure if you can get drunk. I don't think I've been totally wasted yet. But you can get a good buzz off of it. I guess it works under the same mechanic as feeling full when eating? It triggers the same way in your brain and relays it to the rest of your body..." it was theoretical at the very least. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piera's eyebrows raised at Beoreson's warning and wondered if that was what Mack had been talking about. But her attention was quickly taken back by the girls as the white haired girl introduced herself and offered her hand to shake. The brunette smiled at the polite gesture and took the hand with a firm shake, "Nice to meet you as well Shirosu. I've never had ale before but it's not terrible." She chuckled lightly at the younger girl's enthusiasm about drinking and wondered if she'd ever had a drink in the real world. She didn't exactly look old enough but when did that ever stop anybody? "Well it is a party after all, I'm sure Beoreson or Mack wouldn't mind if you cut loose. As long as you don't demolish his newly acquired shop or anything."

When Opal mentioned performing some moves like Coyote Ugly, the brunette couldn't help but laugh, able to see any and all of them doing just that a bit too easily but became a bit embarrassed at her forwardness, biting her lip. At the dark haired woman's assurances that she could relax around 'just us girls', the bespectacled young woman felt a smile tug on her lips and released her bottom lip from her teeth, not sure whether to feel more relaxed or more on guard. Regardless, she hadn't found a reason not to like either of them yet and so took a chance, "Well I suppose the only way we'll find out is if we down every drink we can, right?" A hesitant grin tugged on her mouth a she raised up her bottle in a small toast before tilting it up against her lips and taking a gulp or two with a slight grimace as she swallowed against the alcoholic sourness.

The moment was slightly ruined however at Opal's whispered question, which immediately made Piera choke on her drink. Leaning forward to cough and avoid spilling any of the ale on herself, she had a bit too good of a view before she quietly spluttered, "Wh-What makes you say that? We're just friends." Was she really giving people that impression? Was she giving Mack that impression? The alchemist's face was troubled as she swallowed thickly, her shoulders tense before she glanced back up as Opal remarked that it was theoretically possible for a player to get drunk in SAO, but she had only gotten a buzz. Looking at the brown bottle, Piera then murmured, "Well it's worth a shot." And then proceeded to down the rest of the drink, letting out a mild sound accomplishment and disgust as she finished the sweet beer.

Xion sighed as he stood at the door of Beor's new shop "This is the place....Man am I late..." he said, feeling like hitting himself in frustration. The man was wearing a long black trench coat, which nearly reached the ground, along with this he had some black trousers, and boots. After fumbling with his hair a little, a nervous habit of his he opened the door to see a reasonably large gathering of people, all of which he knew bar one. "Sorry for being late, I was...doing some productive things in my forge" he said, not trying at all to hide the fact that he had been sleeping.  He then walked over to Beor, nodding to other as he did. "Sooo what's there to drink? I wouldn't mind pouring myself a cider if you have any" he said with a chuckle. 

I continued to drink the water that I had been able to get my hands on. Beoreson even acknowledged me on how I had been able to obtain this. I lifted my glass to him and smiled. I saw that we had more than doubled the people here when i had arrived. I knew most of the people by name and face. I had been with most of the people here for at least one "adventure". But, there was a few that i had trouble placing a face or name. However, i continued to "party" from my current location, still sipping on my water. I looked at the table to see if there was another one, but I would need a miracle for that to happen. I noticed Lawfer raise his glass to me and i did the same. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. I might as well interact somehow. "How has Aincrad been treating you my friend" I said to him... 

Beoreson responds to Xion's question by opening several barrels and, looking inside. The warrior after opening about ten kegs in total, found one with cider. The warrior filled a mug and, passed it to the kid. "I'm going to jail anyway. Might as well make it a longer stay."  " Sorry I haven't been able to have that duel with you yet. I was a little busy." says the warrior motioning to the shop around him. "So, what have you been up to?" asks the warrior as he picks up his mug of whiskey. He was going to try his hardest to get smashed tonight.

Downing the rest of her drink Shirosu coughed and had to pound a fist on her chest to breath properly,"Shoot that stuff go's down hard!"  when Opal mentioned coyote moves, tables and shots she snorted and laughed quietly,"Why can i totally picture that, seems like something i would do when i'm not thinking, kinda embarrassing." She was intrigued by Piera's reacting to Opals Mack comment but didn't press the woman, she wasn't going to ruin a good evening with a few stupid questions. She happily listened to other people's conversations around the pub, all of them seemed rather pleasant, and there were no fist fights.....yet.  She was starting to feel something from the drink and wasn't sure if she should ask Beoreson for another or not, finally heart won out over mind and noticing that Piera had finished her Ale as well she called over to Beoreson," Oi! Beor! If you don't mind spending a little more time in Jail want to pass another two ales over!"  

As Lawfer sat and enjoyed the entertainment from the three lovely ladies, his attention was turned to Abalasster who had taken a seat next to him. Lawfer enjoyed Abalasster's company seeing as how the teenager took him through the initial training processes of the blades. Turning to him he smiled and responded, "Aincrad has been treating me well. I've managed to solo a few quests and gain a significant amount of levels since our last training session. Oh, and I opened up a recording studio not far from here. I owe a significant part of that to the training you gave me. Thanks again for that." He paused to take a drink from his ale, noticing that Abalasster was drinking water he couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. "You do know that this is a party Abalasster, you can drink more than that refreshing water." He commented as he took another swig of his drink. It was refreshing to taste alcohol again. But anyways what have you been up to?" 

"If you two get hammered drunk, I'm carrying you both back to the forge. There's only one bed in there, and it belongs to Chewie. You've both been warned," Mack called across the increasingly crowded party room to Shirosu and Opal after the former had raised her voice to call out of another round of drinks. Placing the rim of his own tankard to his lips, Mack took a long pull from the strong dark imperial stout and made a mental note to go easy on the brew since he might wind up having to babysit Shirosu and Opal later in the evening. From his place across the establishment he watched the three women interact for a few moments, lost in his own thoughts.

Opal gave a wide smile as Piera explained the situation more closely, 'just friends.' Opal's eyes gave a somewhat narrow look as her smile widened, "Just friends, huh? Well, that's fine and dandy. I mean, Mack is a good guy. A little rough around the edges, but I can see him being a great leader. Not for just the guild, I mean...for the whole of Aincrad. There might be some mighty powerful players out there, but none like Mack. He would be a good...'boyfriend' material, Piera. Just saying..." Opal downed her drink as Shirosu was hammering one down. 

"Look at this girl go! Wooooo!" Did she just woooo? Yep, Opal was a sorority girl, wooing came naturally to her. Keg parties were much like this in college and nothing was stopping anybody from having a rowdy fun time. That meant double for Opal. She looked around the room, and smiled a bit looking how everyone was conversing with one another. This party idea was a great one, she wouldn't know when the next time she would be able to something like this with everyone here. Her smile slowly dimmed, her eyes set on the mug before her as she looked at the empty contents. She only had one week of real life freedom to go, then it was two long months of training with Master Myoga. 

Mack's voice boomed over the conversations in all the corners of the room as he explained he would be carrying them back to the forge if they were to get too smashed. Opal shook her head, "Not happening, Doll. I'm an alchemist, I can probably brew something that will take the edge off if needed. Besides, I don't think you'd be able to handle more than I could," she said almost declaring a challenge. 

She shot Lawfer a look, he was busy with Abalasster at their own table. Others had joined them as well, Grave and Xion respectively. It sure was a party now. 

"Piera!" Opal said looking back at the female catching her attention, "Come dance with me, Sugar..."  

"Thats wonderful" I said in reply to Lawfer's comment on his questing. It made me feel good that my training had been able to create such a successful player. He then mentioned that he had opened up a recording studio. "Well my friend, if you ever need back up vocals or even a vocalist, I will be happy to help. Music is a passion that i pride myself in. Bands like Chicago and the Four Seasons are my specialty". He then motioned to my water and what i have been up to. "Well, i have been helping one of my friends with her tailorship. And the thing is, alcohol isn't something that i like. Haven't tried much but from what i have tried, I'm not missing much". I then heard Mack and Opal talking about getting smashed. "Now where is the fun of preventing yourselfs from getting totally hammered. If your are going to make a potion, make one to allow yourselves to get even more drunk. I need some entertainment in my life. If need be, Everyone who gets smashed can stay at my place". I was ready to see some drunken fools... 

Lawfer laughed, he had enjoyed Abalasster's company more than he realized. Taking a giant drink of his ale, he could feel the cool liquor rush into his stomach. "Well, Abalasster anytime you want to come by and record anything let me know. I may need to invest in another stool, but who cares as long as we have some fun with it." He stated with a smile. His golden hair falling forward. He looked over at the dancing honey eyed queen and returned a glance. Raising his glass once more he took another deep drink. Returning his attention to his mentor, he listened once more. "Yeah its definitely cheating. But then again, I doubt she could accomplish such a feat. Can you imagine what could go wrong if a drunk alchemist tries to make a potion in that state?" He paused for a moment to set down his glass then fashioned his hands to look like an explosion. "I might actually pay money to see that." He said with a laugh. Looking over the the dancing women once again, "Hey Abalasster, what information do you got on the girls here? I mean whats there story?" Picking up his glass once more he took a sip. The Ale was getting low and he would soon need some more.

Piera watched Opal's reaction tentatively, not quite liking the wide smile the woman was wearing, or her tone as she said that Mack was a good guy and a great leader for Aincrad as a whole. She was just starting to relax and nod in agreement until the dark haired woman got to the part about him being good boyfriend material. Eyebrows raising, she hurriedly spluttered, "I-I'm sure he is, I mean I know- er. Just- I have-"

Before she could explain the reason behind her reticence, Opal was knocking back the rest of her drink and congratulating Shiruso on finishing hers as well. Piera smiled as Shirosu called out for their host to grab them more ale since they had finished theirs. She was about to get up and help Beoreson, feeling like he shouldn't have to do it when it was his celebration. But just as she was about to, Mack's booming voice sounded, warning in the girls' direction that if 'you two' got drunk, he was carrying them to his forge she assumed. Blinking in surprise, the brunette glanced between the two women with her and then back at Mack, pointing a finger at herself as if asking, 'who, me?'. But as soon as her green eyes would meet his steely ones, the bespectacled young woman would blush faintly and look away, grateful for the distraction of Opal's voice.

"Oh, you're an alchemist too Opal?" Her professional interest peaking before her eyebrows raised at the challenge the voluptuous woman issued to the guild leader. But then she was being called at to dance. "E-Eh? I, uh, I dunno. I can't really dance... Besides there's no music!" She stated, as if surely this would prove to be an obstacle before muttering, "And I haven't had nearly enough to drink yet to try..."

"I can out drink anyone here," Mack rumbled from his place across the establishment, answering Opal's challenge. As he crossed the establishment in the direction of the dark-haired woman he looped one arm through her's and practically dragged her back to the table where Piera and Shirosu were still seated. "The first one to drink the other under the table wins and I nominate Shirosu and Piera as judges. We will need some music for this though," Mack said, throwing back the gold trimmed hood of his crimson cloak and looking around for Lawfer. 

"Lawfer, some music. Make it something suitably epic," the blonde smith called across the room. "Beoreson, we'll need at least a barrel of the stout and maybe a tankard or two of the girly stuff for Opal. We can't really expect her to drink a man's drink."

"That's no fun!" she yelled back across the room at Mack, who had warned her and Opal that if they got drunk he was hauling them back to the Wandering Forge."I assure you i'm pretty good at finding my way around even when i have no clue what the hell i'm doing, pretty much my everyday life" she puffed up her cheeks and stuck her tongue out in their Guild Master's direction.  She grinned when Opal tried to drag Piera , who looked rather reluctant to her feet to dance, only to be stopped by a drinking challenge from Mack as he stomped over, announcing that she was to be a judge. "Fine, i'll agree to be a judge if you DON'T drag me back to the forge deal? she asked holding her hand out to Mack, her face serious. Noticing Gin had given up trying to get along with the other familiars she called him over and when he leapt on her lap hugged him like he was a pillow, which he didn't seem to mind. 

Xion raised an eyebrow when he heard of a drinking contest, he hadn't drunk much in his Life to be honest, but the British where known for their pub culture, hopefully his heritage would help. " I bet I can out drink opal, Mack's the one to beat though. Hope you don't mind but this is now a three way challenge " he said, grabbing as many mugs of cider as he could before sitting down, about seven mugs in total in front of him. "Never been hammered before, time to remedy that" he said with a chuckle.

Beoreson looks to the people around him with a grin. He knew that he could out drink anyone here. He once managed to drink an entire night and, not pass out. The raven haired warrior grabbed a few kegs and, put them on the table. "I'll be drinking as well. If any fights breakout after this I take no responsibility. If anyone passes out there are several tables that they can be propped on in till they are carried home by the victor." says the man. He gives the first true smile since Lindow died a few weeks ago.

Lawfer turned in his chair after hearing the overbearing voice of his guild master. "You got it boss man." He responded with a loud sarcastic tone.  It looked as if there was to be a throw down... An alcoholic throw down of which legends are made. Taking the last sip of his ale he slammed the cup to the table as a wide smile grew across his face. The blonde performer had competed in too many of these to count, and a lot more than he would ever remember, but this time he would be the catalyst for such an event. "If you would excuse me Abalasster, looks like I have a job to do." he stated as he began standing up, grabbing the top rail as he did so. As he drug the chair to the competition table, he locked eyes with the honey eyed woman. "Don't worry, you can do this. If anything Abalasster can steal you some water a little later if you need it." he stated sarcastically followed with a wink. 

He positioned his chair outside of splashing range for the entertainment that would commence. Looking to the white haired woman, that was the judge he smiled. "Hi... I'm Lawfer. I'll be the announcer and the musical entertainment for the evening. Just make sure you call this thing fair and we can probably get out of here in one piece." As he chuckled he looked at the contestants. "Well if there are no other contestants I can get this thing started." Pausing for a moment, he looked around the room. "Is there anyone else that wants to join? I don't want to get started unless we have all our ducks in a row." Raising his hand he opened his interface and materialized his guitar. As ran his fingers down the strings a few times, he reached up and fiddled with the tuning keys. 

"You two louts can bout at another table!" Opal said looking Mack dead in the eyes as if this was going to be a hand wrestling match. She was speaking to Xion and Beoreson, this was an Opal vs Mack match, "I still need to pay you back for what you did to Shirosu the other week...And I can handle whatever ale you can, so let's get this started!" 

Opal sat down in her seat and watched as several kegs of the dark beer were set out before them on another table. Mack was handed a freshly topped off mug as well as Opal. The thick and dark beer had a unique scent to it but that did not stop the Sorority Sister from eyeing Mack with her big honey colored eyes. 

The woman sat in her seat as the others gathered around the table before them, or shuffled off to do their own thing. When Mack insisted on Lawfer start them off with a song, Opal's eyes widened brightly, "Just fueling the fires there, buddy. With an epic song playing, I'll be able to drink you under the table in no time. Play us a lively tune, Lawfer. I'm not going to let this Military Man show me off. I party every other day at College and those parties are usually full of alcoholic drinks, and none of that pussy [censored] either. So don't think I can't handle myself..." 

Opal was only lying a little, she wasn't a hardcore drinker, sure she could hold her own, but the less Mack knew the better for her and perhaps she could intimidate him with her sorority life style. In any case, the drinking challenge was about to begin. 

"And how do you think I unwind every day after having to deal with junior enlisted that don't know their butts from holes in the ground and officers that are in constant need of having their hands held and their egos stroked," Mack asked, his grey eyes boring into Opal's golden ones. "Sororities and Frats are the bush leagues of drinking compared to what we can do," Mack rumbled, taking his freshly topped off mug and raising it to his lips. "Bottom's up," he said, shooting Opal a decidedly loaded wink. Then he threw back his head and downed the entire mug in one long continuous pull. "Your turn." Mack held up his mug for a refill and waited on Opal.

Piera watched with widened eyes as Opal and Mack butted heads and challenge each other to a drinking contest, dubbing herself and Shirosu as judges. The white haired girl only agreed on the condition that she would be excluded from being carried to Mack's forge if she got too drunk. The brunette hoped that since she wasn't a guild member that that would also keep her safe. Picking up another bottle of ale and uncorking it, the alchemist watched awkwardly as the buxom woman ordered Xion and their host to take their drinking contest separately. She really had a bone to pick with the guild leader for some reason. Piera glanced at Shirosu and asked quietly, "What did Mack do to you that she's so upset over?" The bespectacled young woman honestly couldn't imagine the blonde man doing anything too harsh, but judging from what little she had seen of Opal's personality, perhaps his military style was rubbing her the wrong way. Her eyebrows raised as each combatant boasted about their drinking prowess, Opal apparently having taken part in alcohol filled college parties and Mack being the older more experienced drinker. A smile tugged at her lips despite the somewhat tense atmosphere. "Any bets?" She called out before taking a sip of her ale and watching the hulking blonde man take the first drink, which completely finished off the full mug. Piera couldn't help but smile as she watched the competition unfold and stood to refill Mack's mug to the brim before sitting back down.

Edited by Piera