[PP-F1] Akumu's Nightmare: Making a Pact Chapter 1 [Complete

Akumu walked along the dirt path, in silence as usual. Her hood crossed gently over her face concealing it from the world of Sword Art Online. She hated the way the cut on her faced moved across her cheek under her eye. Her deep purple eyes distracted people from liking her for her self, not beauty. Akumu passed multiple flower beds and fields until she found the perfect place to rest. She advanced toward a tree but when she got there, someone else was there. Akumu stared at the boy for a minute, dumbfounded. She finally opened her mouth to speak, Hello. She didn't say much but then again, she rarely spoke.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There he stood in the tree, on one of the higher branches of the tree. He looked down to see that someone staring back at him. He couldnt see her face, but she could not see his face either...Soon he knew he would have to vanish because this spot was no longer safe. He jumped down, landing just to the right of her.

You shouldnt be here he whispered angrily and started to walk away

• 3 months later...

Akumu was a bit startled when the boy jump out of the tree and landed in front of her. Before she could say anything he whispered something to her and walked away. Akumu turned around and grabbed his shoulder. She looked up at him with her purple eyes and stared at him with an angry look on her face. Once Akumu looked at him, she looked down again, covering her face and released her hand from his shoulder. She stared at the ground and asked Why shouldn't I be here?

I looked back to her but was no longer angry.

Its not safe to be here....nor anywhere outside....especially here...you really need to leave i said hurriedly but cautiously.

This area isnt safe, with these monsters running around. youd be better off in the fields with the boars and other things i said nicely

Akumu was sensing his tone lighten as he spoke further. I am fully capable of handling myself out here. I may look "weak", she added air quotations for emphasis, but I can kill things, I'm not afraid either! Akumu said childishly. She didn't say it for him but to reassure herself. Akumu has been alone since she started Sword Art Online, but she wasn't about to give up now.

Akumu stared at the request that popped in her vision. She decided that she could trust him, for now at least. Akumu noticed that he wore a mask and said, Can you lift up your mask?If he trusts me, he will lift it up and show me. She thought. She looked at the ground again when she said this, careful not to show him her scar.

I lifted my hood and took my mask off. There my eyes shown bright. My right eye, scared straight down, was a bright red color that burned like fire. The left eye, plain as could be, was a cool purple. My plain black hair fell over my right eye and covered my scar.

There....happy now? i said emotionlessly. I turned away and began to walk back towards town.

Akumu watched as he removed his mask. Under it she found a pair of different colored eyes, they were beautiful. As the boy walked away she took off her hood and pinned her hair back, showing her scar and deep purple eyes. She felt it was only fair that if when she was around him to take off her hood, since after all she asked him to take off his. Akumu caught up with the boy and began walking by his side with her head held high and a serious look on her face. Akumu had never taken off that hood since the day she got in here, afraid of rejection. She watched as people stared at the odd pair. He was much taller than Akumu but she didn't mind.

When she removed her hood i could see her face...it was just as scarred as mine. I started to not feel so bad. i realized we were much more a like than i thought we were. I noticed the people starring at us...it wasnt as uncomfortable as i thought it would be but it didnt matter. As we walked through town with no actual destination it seemed to get no worse. My hand accidentally brushed hers...i noticed it...but i wasnt sure if she noticed but i certainly did. I smiled for the first time in a long time then continued our walk peacefully, not sure of where to go but i knew...we were going somewhere.

She and this boy, which she didn't know the name of, walked silently to an unknown place, but wandering. Finally Akumu walked into a bar for a drink. She walked, sat at the counter, and asked the waiter for still water. The waiter returned with her water but stopped at stared at her eyes before giving her the drink. And what might I get you sir? The waiter turned to the boy. Akumu drank in silence and stared at the pictures on the wall. Some of them were photos taken recently and some weren't photos at all but scrap metal or interesting trinkets.

I wasnt sure if i was really hungry or not so i just asked for a water as well. I kinda sat at the bar and when the water was put in front of me i kinda just stared at it. There had been a lot on my mind recently and i couldnt shake the feeling that something was off about this entire day. But it didnt matter to me. I looked around the room and heard nonsenseless conversations. Some about guilds...others about this guy named Heathcliff...whomever that was. Other conversations involved us. I didnt like this very much but i kept to myself and didnt want to interfere with other peoples business. I whispered to this girl, whos name i have yet to learn.

I dont think we are welcome here...i hear people talking about us...i feel there is a tension in the air...if anything happens...let me handle it ok...i want you to get out as soon as it starts...got it?

Akumu nodded but has plans otherwise. If things got weird she wouldn't run away, she was training to be a PKer after all. A taller man walks up to the boy and stares him down, then looks at Akumu. She didn't like so many eyes on her, it was time to make a move before things got out of hand. Akumu got up to leave but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. Where are you going? Asked a voice belonging to the hand on her shoulder. Akumu turned around, I'm leaving. Now please get your filthy hand off my shoulder. She said in an annoyed tone. He took his hand off her shoulder but took out a knife and lunged at her. He lifted her up by the shirt collar, What did you just say to me little girl? Akumu's feet dangled in the air, she didn't move. This didn't make her scared, it made her angry.

Let her go... i said loudly but emotionlessly. I knew she could handle herself but this wasnt something i was going to get happen.

Apparently this man didnt have any brains because if he did, he would know that inside of the city is a safe zone, where players cant be killed. I balled up my fists seeing as he couldnt hear me and i spoke louder.

Let go of her right now!! i almost shouted keep my emotions from coming out

The man directed his attention to the boy, looking away from Akumu. Akumu saw this as a chance. She kicked the man's knee hard with her boot. By this time the whole room was chaos, goons coming at them from all sides. Akumu crumpled to the ground but got up immediately with an angered face. Why you little! The man looked back at Akumu and sprinted straight for her. She had about five seconds to come up with a plan, a good one. She glanced at the boy, then the man. When he was about two feet away from her she jumped onto the bar then flew down on his head, making him tumble to the ground. This angered his henchman.

I grabbed Akumus wrist knowing she wasnt going to leave willingly i was going to have to make her leave. I pulled her behind me hoping this would give her some chance to get out but i knew she wasnt going to take it.

I ANYONE lays another hand on her...i swear...it'll be the last thing they do! i shouted sternly and viciously, a raging fire beginning to build in my eyes.

I looked around the room...most people had stopped and stared at me some others turned to look at me with very angry eyes. The man Akumu had just taken down started to get back up and grabbed Akumus arm. I saw this and i balled my fist up and it started glowing a nice yellow color. I drove it into the players face so hard he smacked against the wooden floor of the bar and was practically out cold.

Anyone else! i shouted viciously at them. I wasnt going to let them harm her even if she could handle herself, this was not the time nor the place for that sort of thing. Right now i was in control and while i controlled the situation, i wasnt going to let anyone harm her.

Akumu felt a tug on her wrist and was pulled with this boy outside. She smiled at him, That was fun! She said while catching her breath. But I do have to say, I could have knocked them all off the edge of SAO myself ya know. Akumu looked at the space outside, peaceful almost. She looked at the boy and said Whats your name? And where did you learn how to punch?!

I looked at her, she seemed so amazed at everything, she was easily impressed i do believe so. I smiled at her noticing she was having a good time even if it was just fighting.

The punch...well thats from the martial arts quest...i took that a little while back i answered one of her questions as for the other.

My name....just...call my Ryu..hows that sound kiddo i spoke calmly and gently to her as if i was going to scare her if i didnt...not that it seems i would

It was kinda fun...so...what about your name young one? i asked very nicely placing a hand on her shoulder

I look up at Ryu with my purple eyes. He towered over me, more than usual. I didn't give my name very often so I said My name? Oh its...Akumu. How old are you by the way because your really tall.. I keep looking up at him, waiting for an answer.

Akumu? Akumu...Akumu...i spoke her name in my head and mouthed it a couple of times so i would remember it.

Im seventeen right now...i turn eighteen very shortly...and i didnt realize i would be spending it here... i said with a slight bit of joy but then it slowly faded as i went on.

I looked around for a moment and then walked over to a bench and sat down.

What about you...how old are you? i asked her nicely flipping my hood up as the sun started to get in my eyes as it was now beginning to set.