«Earning a Living» [SP-F1] Following In His Footsteps (Complete!)

Endilix vs. Wolf

• ID: 30565
  • BD: 3 (Failure)
  • MD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG

Endilix continued to try to strike the wolf, but the wolf was just too fast on its feet. His hammer left imprints in the ground and sent dust clouds with each strike, but Endilix was beginning to wear down, his blows coming slower each time. I need to stop and catch my breath. I'll never catch it this way. Lost in thought, Endilix hadn't seen the wolf disappear. He panicked for a moment before he felt the creature rip into his leg and pull it out from under him. Endilix gave a cry as he fell forward into the dirt and the creature tore savagely into the limb. Endilix thumped his hand on the ground and rolled around, before kicking the creature off of him. The wolf hopped backwards and gave a snarl, its jaws now covered in his pixelated blood.

Combat Results:

• Endilix: 10/11 -> 7/11
  • Wolf: 4/6
Edited by Endilix

Endilix vs. Wolf

• ID: 30566
  • BD: 7 (Success)
  • MD: 9 (Critical Success) +1 DMG

Endilix hardly had time to react before the wolf was on him again, this time, his arm was caught in the savagery once again. Endilix held the wolf off better with his free arm. He grunted, and found the hilt of his hammer in the dirt. He grasped it tightly as he brought it around to slam into the wolf's flank. The wolf yelped as it let go of Endilix's arm and went sprawling into the dirt next to him. Endilix pushed himself back in the dirt, and made his way to his feet using a nearby tree. Both combatants were beginning to look haggard, as the wolf unsteadily stood up once again and snarled.

Combat Results:

• Endilix: 7/11 -> 5/11
  • Wolf: 4/6 -> 2/6
Edited by Endilix

Endilix vs. Wolf

• ID: 30568
  • BD: 7 (Success)

Endilix watched the wolf warily as he pushed himself away from the tree. He held the hammer at the ready, in a shaky combat stance. His HP was getting low, and Endilix wasn't sure he was going to win this battle. The thought scared him more than he would've liked to admit. The wolf gave a loud growl, and Endilix's heart skipped a beat as the wolf leapt for the man once again. Suddenly, the world was in slow motion. Next thing Endilix knew, he was giving a loud battle cry, swinging the war hammer in a horizontal arc to meet the wolf in the air.

His arm was hit with a firm jolt as it connected with the wolf's skull, sending the wolf flying off to the side. Endilix watched the wolf's eyes widen in horror as the life trained from them, his tongue lolling from his mouth lazily as he flew. Suddenly, time was back to normal speed as the wolf flew into a nearby shrub and after only another moment exploded into a shower of light. Endilix was breathing heavily, his arms shaking as he somehow managed to keep his feet for only just long enough to turn and begin throwing up into a nearby bush.

Combat Results: 

• Endilix: 5/11
  • Wolf: 2/6 -> 0/6 Defeated!
  • LD: 3 (+1 Crafting Material)
Edited by Endilix

**Out of Combat Health Regen: 5/11 -> 6/11**

Looking Through the Trees (Out of Combat Gathering)

• ID: 30569
  • LD: 1 (Failure)

When Endilix had finished getting sick, he leaned on the tree he was standing next to. A loot window popped up in front of him, and he dismissed it after taking the loot, not even caring about what it really said. He wasn't entirely sure if he got sick because of the near death experience, or if he got sick because he had killed an animal that he normally would have cared about quite a bit in the real world, but he had. His mind was really only able to grasp truths at this moment, and the truth was, he was alive, even if only just. He would take that, as he looked through the trees to see the dim light of the city in the distance. I need to go back. It's too dangerous...

Edited by Endilix

**Out of Combat Health Regen: 6/11 -> 7/11**

Stumbling out of the Woods (Out of Combat Gathering)

• ID: 30571
  • LD: 10 (Failure)

Endilix practically fell his way through the outskirts of the woods and back into the hilly area surrounding the city. He was tired, beaten, battered, and he needed to get some sleep. Without any trees around him, he struggled to keep his feet, but as his health bar slowly refilled, he continued to make his way, one step at a time, back to the city. He was finally starting to breathe a bit more normally as his shakiness started to leave him. At this point, he figured he was more terrified than he was actually damaged. Though that was to be expected when fighting a monster he was obviously unprepared to take on. Next time, I weigh the options. Don't do anything stupid. My life, and perhaps my brother's life, is on the line here.

Edited by Endilix

**Out of Combat Health Regen: 7/11 -> 8/11**

After what seemed like an eternity of walking, Endilix finally made his way back to the city. He was able to stand firmly on his feet now, having gotten over most of the experience that he had just gone through. He looked around, and gave a sigh of relief now that he was actually in a safe zone once more. He took the solace where he could, knowing that to find Emerath he would need to leave again. But for tonight, he could be safe. And after tonight, he could be a cook. He pulled the tea leaves from his inventory and looked at a few of them. Tea was always Emerath's favorite drink. Maybe if I make the best tea around, he'll come find me.

Endilix shook off the emotions that suddenly welled up inside him and put the tea leaves back in his inventory. He made his way to a nearby inn, and pushed his way inside. It was full of people celebrating being alive and hanging out with friends. The din of conversation gave Endilix a good feeling as he remembered that he was still alive too. He made his way to the counter where there was a barkeep cleaning a glass mug. Endilix sat down and looked at the man, a smile forming on both their faces. "Hey, man," Endilix said, and the barkeep returned with a gruff, "Hey. What'll it be?" Endilix's smile grew even wider, "I'll have a training course in the art of the cook, if you'd be so kind." The barkeep's eyes gleamed, and he made a motion for the red haired man to join him behind the bar, "Get on this side, and I'll be happy to show you the ropes."

Edited by Endilix