[PP-F11] An Imminent Return (Rebekah)

(OOC: To all reading and Rebekah, excuse this atrocity, still rusty :D)

Days...weeks...months... They all run together at this point. What am I even doing back here? I don't deserve the right to be on this floor. To be in the boss fight...I wonder? Probably not... 

Dust kicked up in puffs, as NPCs roamed the cobbled settlement. A hooded figure loomed over the center from atop a roof. His gaze scanning the inhabitants of the eleventh floor. His blue eyes switching from person to person as they passed beneath him. "Tch.. I wonder if they even know I'm alive. Though I doubt they care. I went M.I.A. I wonder if she knows I'm still alive...What is she up to? Where is she?" His weight shifted as he swung both legs over the edge of the roof. After what I've been through, my training, my emotions, all of it, I think a return to the world of people is imminent. Let's just hope she hasn't gotten herself killed. Though I doubt she would. She's stronger than she looks...

As he prepared to jump from the roof a peculiar sight caught his attention. A streak of blonde? It can't be...

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

There was something interesting going on with her friend list, just this morning, she took a quick look at it, and saw a name light up. Was it him? After all those months of going missing? It had been a long time since she saw him, so she decided to use the position check on her friends list. It said he was somewhere on the 11th floor, and she made her way towards it. The blonde made her way onto the 11th floor and decided to search the town, knowing the vast majority of them are front liners who are resting and training for the next boss raid. It was here, that she briskly walked around looking for that white hood. She continued to search but it was to no avail, he just was not here. Rebekah checked her friend list once again, and it said he was around here somewhere.

Inspecting the brisk figure maneuvering below, his eyes widened as he caught a look at her face. So it is Rebekah. Well I'll be.. I wonder what she's looking for? A sly grin tugged the corners of his mouth as he hoisted himself up before descending into the mass of people below. Waltzing through the crowd, he kept a hawk's eye on Rebekah as he followed her through the settlement. As she seemed to come to a slight pause, he pressed forward. Briefly walking past her, only to turn and stop before her. "It's been awhile Beks. What brings you to the floor of despair and misery?"

Oh well. He is not around here. She came to the realization that if he did not want to be found he would not show himself, and instead started to make her way towards the outskirts of the town. Just as she started to walk away, she thought she heard something behind her but continue to walk forward. But those footsteps were getting louder, as if someone was following her. As she began to walk much more cautiously, she was ready to grab her rapier at any moment's notice. Even if she could not hurt anyone inside the town, grabbing it out to defend yourself was the best option that she had. At that moment, she noticed a white cape walk past her and in front of her, meaning only one thing. "Oikawa?" she said out loud to the person in front of her. He spoke at the exact moment, and it had been such a long time since she last saw him. Ever since he disappeared. Hearing only half of what he spoke, "I guess I could ask you the same, but its nice the massive amount of people who avoid the higher floors. You do not have to answer, but what have you been up to lately?" she asked.

Their words tumbled against each other as they spoke at nearly the same time. A stifled chuckle escaped his lips as he stared at Rebekah. "I guess I do have a bit of explaining to do, eh? My hiatus was one of coward proportions and simply put I was at my wits end with upcoming boss fight, relations, and and to be honest, coming to terms with my fear of death. I took some time away to clear my thoughts; steel myself for the next pushing of floors. I trained. If you haven't noticed, my level his jumped exponentially but still pales in comparison to Calrex. Who I've heard is approaching the 60's now. But enough about me. Where were you heading to?"

Training. After all this time, she still was that low tier player that she had always been. She had noticed players lately have been grinding a lot on their own, and flew past her in terms of levels. Mari, Tristan, Oikawa, Calrex were a handful of those who just put in a lot more effort in a short period of time, and soon those who were once weaker than her were stronger. She had this predicament, when was it her turn to go off and train alone. The blonde did not know when or how to do it, but just knew that she had to grow stronger with them or risk being left behind. "I am off to do some more training in preparation for the next boss raid. Seeing how strong everyone is getting lately, I better start catching up to them, before I fall too far behind," Rebekah replied.

So she realizes this as well. Ah it is crazy t think that not too many months ago, Rebekah was my senior in both strength and level. She's the one who pieced together the build I currently wield and exposed the viability of he shield. In a sense, she's still my senior but rather than raw power, she bests me in knowledge. His thoughts faded, as his gaze settled on her once more. As she finished explaining that she was off to go train, a rather obvious though occurred to him. "Given my absence, I've been rather quite the distance from any real challenge in a long time, would it be a bother for me to tag along? My actual combat seems rather rusty..." He hoped she would say yes. While it is true he's been out of actual combat for a while, the blonde was still as agile and alert as before. He shifted his gaze elsewhere, as waited for Rebekah's response. 

Even though Rebekah had helped out with his build, in the end, their builds were a lot different. For starters, the girl went for full damage, which easily wrecked any types of monsters but struggle mightily in duels or boss raids when she could not get her damage to work. She relied a lot more on speed, but she knew Oikawa relied a lot less on pure damage, but on paralyze or bleed. "Since you are around, I have collected another good amount of SPs that I have not yet redeemed," the girl said. Rebekah was holding to see if she needed to learn a charge skill which was super effective for Mari against many smaller mobs in a boss raid, parry which was strong in duels, or continue maxing out her block on her shield. There was just too many to choose from, and not enough for her to do everything just yet. But one thing is for sure, neither of them had any armour on. She continued, "Remember that time against that sand shark, anything shy of a true floor type boss does not pose a challenge for both of us. I have not been around this floor much, but I assume you know your way around, so please lead the way."

The blonde nodded and laughed at the memory of the fallen sand shark. The duo had decimated the quest boss very easily and he too agreed they would need a sufficient challenge. "I've been around here and there but the only place I can think of that will pose a real challenge, is the Hive. While seemingly just a cave, the network of tunnels and burrows inside give it a feel similar to that of an ant hill or beehive." The blonde twitched slightly at the vision of Antmen that had attacked him and Dom as they searched for the floor boss. The shudder passed as he focused on Rebekah once again. "If you want, we can go train in there. While they still only take like 3 or 4 solid hits, groups of them are certainly troublesome."

Now it was her turn to laugh instead, "Actually, groups of anything is only annoying," Rebekah replied. She knew that the problem she had with swarms, or groups in any case is that they provide so much problem to the players tackling the issue. "Well, that suggestion is better than randomly walking around hoping to bump into something strong enough." as she had no better ideas in her head. She knew that he had scouted the floor for the boss and maybe more clues may lie in some side quest they just so happen to walk into, or random monsters that they find along the way. Regardless, it is better to over prepare and search for everything rather than be unprepared at all. "So where is this cave that you speak of?"

Oikawa responded with a grin remniscent of his earlier days in Aincrad. "That my friend is the pressing matter. The cave has no exact location. As I stated, it's a network of sorts. If my assumption isn't flawed, all the caves around us should be connected some how or another. I reasoned that if we entered anyone cave and could somehow map it out, we could go just about anywhere on this floor outside of the settlement. But I've rambled enough, lets get moving. I know there is an entrance not too far out past the settlement. We could start there." The blonde quickly turned and gestured for Rebekah to follow him. If they wanted to get any decent training in, they'd need to make haste. 

"Then what are we waiting for. Has anyone else mapped out the entire place as I would love to collect some mapping data," the blonde replied. It had been a while since she had collected mapping data as everyone she went had been charted territory. She knew that mapping caves was dangerous especially with the unknown monsters but it seems as though Oikawa had been there before, so it would not be too dangerous. Besides there was nobody else at the moment who was stronger than him, with the exception of maybe a selected handful, Mari or Zel. From her experiences, she did not want to run into either of them on a bad day.

She quickly nodded and followed him into the cave. As Rebekah walked, she put her hands on the heartstriker, the rapier that Lessa had made for her nearly a year ago, and it was still by her side to this day. It was a fine weapon, one that she hope to never replace, as it had helped her get out of a lot of sticky situations in combat.

"I've yet to map it myself. Even with my hiatus I didn't explore to far. As strong as I am, or was rather, I'm still quite sure the Hive will pose a threat." Keeping a decent pace, the blonde begin to push through the entrance of the cave. The ensnaring darkness, wrapped its eager hands around everything in sight. Allowing visibility of maybe up to fifteen feet to remain. He came to a slowed pace as they reached the first of many forks in the path. "Pull out your map if you don't mind, do you think we can map as we go? The sooner we start, the better. Actually let me ju-" The sounds of scattering feet and snapping pincers alerted the blonde to a rising threat. "Well, we have company. Let me introduce you to the Ant-men Beks."

Skittering across the floor, a group of 3 red five foot ant's came thrashing into view. Knowing that he's no longer as strong as he once was, given the update, the blonde nevertheless swiped through his menu and equipped a two handed claymore by the name of Misfortune and went at the first 2 ants. Dropping his shoulder low, the blonde felt a brief sensation as he heaved the sword over his shoulder. Pausing briefly, he felt the peak of the wave. Exploding forward, he brought his blade cleanly across both mobs. A red streak coursed through both as an explosion of pixels erupted from the wounds. Both halted in movement as static emitted from them. "And that my dear was my Blast Sword Art. They're both stunned so make use of it haha!"

[31233] BD: 7 (7 + 3)

Oikawa: 142/142 EP: 23/33

Rebekah: ?/?

Ant-man 1: 34/44 DMG: 33 STUN

Ant-man 2: 34/44 DMG: 33 STUN 

Ant-man 3: 44/44 DMG: 33

Rebekah watched as Oikawa showed off his new move blast with his brand new sword. She waited and asked, "What happened to your rapier?" the blonde wanted to know, as the sword required the use of both hands and was not as thin as the one he previously had. Without thinking much more, she too pulled out her weapon and looked at the ant-man right in the eye. His rapier was no longer in his hands. Was he holding it with him earlier when she ran into him, or was it missing the entire time? How could I not notice, I was standing right here, walking all this way from the town... Rebekah froze and continued to stand still, for a while, and then looked up after a few seconds, "What just happened? Doesn't map data automatically map as you walk into an unknown place?" She snapped out of her mini confusion, but could not strike the third ant-man in front of her.

ID: 31275

BD: 1

Oikawa: 142/142 EP: 23/33

Rebekah: 114/114 EP: 24/26

Ant-man 1: 34/44 DMG: 33 STUN

Ant-man 2: 34/44 DMG: 33 STUN 

Edited by Rebekah

His blonde companion seemed to be slightly confused. By what he was unsure of until she asked about his rapier and how map data was recorded. Her stupor made her unable to attack which wasn't a huge deal, at least for now. Twirling the massive blade around, he rested it on his shoulder as he answered her inquiries. "Given the updates, a change in my build has occurred since we can now reallocate our skill points That being said, I guess I would be considered a status dps. I also took some points and invested in First Aid. I figure healing will be important for the boss. But enough rambling, lets take these pests out so we can finish mapping the tunnels."

Taking a step forward, he brought his blade down in a large swoop. The whistling sharpened metal smacked into the stomach of the first Ant-man, sending it tumbling a few feet back. Looking up, he saw the second ant-man still stuck and watched as Rebekah and the third ant-man had a stare off. "Well if staring him to death works hahaha!"

Battle Log:

[31515] BD: 7 (4 + 3)

MD: STUNNED

[?????] MD: STUNNED

[31516] MD: 1 (1-?)

[2][1][0] Oikawa: 142/142 EP: 23/33 (+1)(-1)

[0][0][0] Rebekah: 114/114 (-0)

Ant-man 1: 28/44 (-6) DMG: 33 STUN

Ant-man 2: 34/44 DMG: 33 STUN 

"Status DPS?" The girl was a bit surprised, and the new skill first aid. That did not sound like the Oikawa that she knew from the past, he was one of the strongest fighters, now trying to play a support role. It just did not sound right, the 5 of them, with now Oikawa a support, and Tristan a tank, made her one of the highest damage dealers in the guild, next to Zel. She knew he had something planning for his build, and as for Kiru, she has not been seen in a while, so she wondered where she fit in, with more diversification of their roles.

Rebekah launched a simple sword skill, "Accel Stab", and launched three stabs into the upper torso of the first ant-man before he could respond. She still had the speed, and she needed to practice these basic combos over and over again. One down, two more to go, and that was a rank 2 rapier skill that she had used, even though she could launch a rank 5, there was no way she was burning her energy against these easy monsters.

ID: 31527

BD: 6+3=9 (no crit)

Accel Stab: 3x1x[10] = 30

Oikawa: 142/142 EP: 23/33 (+1)(-1)

Rebekah: 114/114 (-0) EP: 22/26

Ant-man 1: -2/44 DMG: 33

Ant-man 2: 34/44 DMG: 33

Edited by Rebekah

The blonde nodded in affirmation as he maneuvered around the second Ant-man's strikes. Not wanting to explain during the midst of combat, he shouted over to her, "I'll explain once we get rid of these pests." Not waiting for her confirmation, he quickly positioned himself between the two remaining mobs and purposely allowed them to enclose him. As they neared, he dropped low and entered a crouched stance. Keeping his blade steady, he felt the energy collect as he activated yet another sword skill. Tapping into half his energy, he unleashed the skill as the two ants pounced him and quickly decimated the second one. He tore it into several data bits before unleashing his wrath on the third one. Catching a few slices, the third ant was sent skittering to the ground as the blonde ended the display with an emphatic slam to the ground.

Flicking the digital blood from his blade, Oikawa hauled it over his shoulder as he offered a slight bow and gestured for Rebekah to finish he mob off. Catching his breath, he rested against the cavern wall and observed Rebekah's final blow.

"Once..you're through with ...that one.., I'll explain.."

Battle Log:

[31546] BD: 8 (5+3)

[31547] MD: 5 (6-1)
[31548] MD: 8 (8-0)

[2][1][0] Oikawa: 142/142 EP: 12/33 (+1)(-12)

[1][0][0] Rebekah: 90/114 (-24) [33-9]

Ant-man 1: DEAD

Ant-man 2: DEAD

Ant-man 3: 8/44 (-36) DMG: 33

Just like that, there was only one left. It was the type of thing that the girl had excelled at, with the rapier skill, single target combat. If ever, she was going to face a swarm, or even a small group of monsters, that was the thing that would land her in trouble. Rebekah was deadly accurate with her skills, and knew that if there were not so many of them, this battle would have long been over. While it may not seem like three is much, it is a lot to handle for the girl. She questioned his expression, "What is there to explain?" Rebekah was clearly puzzled by his reaction, but it would be time to listen afterwards. She choose the easiest of skills that she knew, linear, a simple one strike skill to finish off the monster. It had been a long time since she used this skill, but she knew that she had to practice each one to be highly proficient in all of them in battle.

ID: 31846

BD: 5+3=8
Linear: 1x1x[10]=10

Rebekah 90/114, EP 23/26

Oikawa 142/142

Ant-Man 3 -2/44

Edited by Rebekah
  • 6 months later...