[PP-F2] The Forage (Teion) - Complete

Rebekah stood here on the outskirts of Urbus. The woodland surrounding the city made it easy to get lost in the woods, but she was not afraid of getting lost. Besides she was on one of several roads leading into the city. The city was by her accounts overcrowded and boring, besides a player such as her prefer floor 11 instead. However, she was gathering things, and running a few errands before returning for herself, and the next raid party. It was better for her to make a few consumables which could help assist in the next boss raid whenever that was. She paid little attention to guild politics, and prefer to stay out most of the big discussions. But at least she was doing something to try to make an effort this time to have some useful consumables to give out. Speaking of the boss raid, she wondered where everyone else had went, the four members who took down the last floor raid, as the others have disappeared.

ID=30570

LD=19+1=20

Total Mat: 1

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 30573
  • LD: 7 (no loot)

Teion made her way through the foliage, scanning the ground for any useful crafting materials. She was eager to open up a blacksmithing shop of her own, but she would certainly need more material before she could make enough to warrant opening a shop. She had just reached the second floor and roamed around outside of Urbus, trying to keep an eye out for any wild monsters. She wasn't sure what type of mobs the second floor housed, and she was hesitant to leave the comfort of the first floor at all, but she knew she couldn't stick around the City of Beginnings forever.

Her search was proving to be less than fruitful, as she couldn't find anything of value among the forest so far, but she tried her best not to get annoyed or discouraged. She was just starting out here, after all. Teion spotted a main road ahead of her, which she assumed led back to the city. She decided not to stray too far from it so she wouldn't have to worry about losing herself in the forest. Glancing between the ground beneath her feet and the road up ahead, she caught a glance of blonde hair, which caused her to pause in her foraging. Upon further inspection she could see a female player, possibly doing the same thing as she was, although from this distance it was difficult to tell. She grew a little nervous, but decided she wouldn't approach just yet--she preferred to keep to herself, especially around people she didn't know.

Edited by Teion

Rebekah thought she saw something in the distance, another player maybe? She wondered if she was just seeing things, but decided to continue nonetheless. There was no way, she was going to be a target of any player killers in the distance, and besides she was strong enough to handle herself. The most important thing was that she did not want to scare whoever was off in the distance, as she suspected it was most likely a low level player searching the floor for useful items the same way she was doing. As she continued, she paid little attention which direction she was heading, but in fact she was actually heading towards the same direction as the player.

ID: 30600

LD: 20+1=21

Total Mat: 2

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 30760
  • LD: 13 (no loot)

Teion kicked around the dirt at the base of a large tree. She had thought she had seen a shine among the tree's roots, but realized she was mistaken and moved on. She flickered her gaze between the forest floor and the outline of a person she saw in the distance. After a minute passed, she realized the person was headed her way. Teion started keeping her body closer to the large trees to hide herself, but as the blonde girl came closer, she never saw her eyes look this way. 'Maybe she doesn't know I'm here?' Teion thought, observing the player for a moment. She looked young, but also experienced. Teion was certain this girl was a higher level than her. 'What is she doing on the second floor?' She wondered. Her question was soon answered when she saw the stranger picking materials from the forest.

As she realized the girl was still heading in her direction, Teion took a breath before deciding she would have to talk to people sooner or later. It might as well be sooner. She stepped out from behind the tree she was using to spy from, and at this distance the girl would probably see her easily now. "Hello!" She called lamely, giving a small wave and realizing she hadn't planned this out. Now she just had to hope that this person was friendly and wouldn't think she was too strange.

When she has a habit of aimlessly wondering searching for things, Rebekah's mind was so focused on it that she did not realize that there was a girl nearby at all. She had gotten lucky today, two searches, two materials, which is something that rarely ever happen to her. She knew that she was about to jinx herself into not finding anything at all, but she continued to search, determined to collect a horde of them before they become needed for the next boss raid. Then, all of the sudden, she heard this loud hello. Was someone trying to talk to me? It had took her a full second to realize that there was nobody else around except for her before her eyes looked up. She lunged quickly at the tree that the girl had stepped out from, and picked out a mat. "Oh, sorry about that. Did I scare you?"

ID: 30789

LD: 18+1=19

Total Mat: 3

Edited by Rebekah

((Sorry for the absence!))

• ID#: 31097
  • LD: 11 (no loot)

Teion stepped back, startled by the other girl's sudden movements. "Oh, ahh..." Teion tried to find her words, "Sorry, it's my first time here. I was just hoping you were friendly." She admitted sheepishly, rubbing at her arm. She was relieved that this other person seemed nice, and by the look of it she seemed much more experienced than her. 'I wonder what level she is...' She thought, curious.

"Anyway, are you gathering here, too? I didn't want to try soloing mobs here, so I was just kind of exploring." She hoped trying to lead a conversation would make her seem a little less awkward.

"Yes, I am here searching for useful materials, they can be anywhere," the blonde replied. It was nice to run into someone after not seeing anyone for a long time, but that also had meant that there were now two people searching the same area for the same materials. That would not be a problem as two eyes are always better than one, especially when it becomes a joint effort, so it was not all on her own. She asked, "Exploring is all nice, but you would not want to get trapped in bad situations by yourself in the forest. There are many monsters around here who would not hesitate at any second to attack you. Of course, they tend to avoid losing battles against stronger players by default." Rebekah wondered if the girl had any map data on her, as she too was trying to gather specific ingredients, which are quite rare to find.

ID: 31227

LD: 12+1=13

Total Mat: 3

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 31187
  • LD: 14 (no loot)

"Ah, you're right..." Teion glanced a bit nervously around the woods. She hadn't seen any mobs on this floor yet, so she still didn't know if they had any specific patterns. For all she knew, the second floor was home to stealthed wolves and poisonous snakes. The thought gave her a quick chill before she shook her head. "Yeah, I should probably make sure I stick closer to town."

"Oh, I'm Teion." She said, realizing she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm still starting out, but I hope to get a lot stronger and help the players on the frontlines." She said with a confident grin. She hoped she wasn't coming off as arrogant, but this girl seemed nice. Maybe she would be willing to give her some advice.

Starting out... That was something she could judge right away just by the quality of their armour. It was good, but not good enough to be leading on the front lines, as she listened to the rest of the story, she felt like she could relate to this girl standing in front of her. After all, she too was once a player looking to make the jump to the front lines, which took her about 4 months to do it, but grant it back then monsters were a lot weaker, and it did not require as much effort. There was something about her confident grin, that made her likable. Thankfully, she was not one of those players that rushed all the way to the frontlines as soon as possible, even if they were ill-prepared and weak compared to everyone else. It felt like she was going to take the time, and when she gets there, she will be on the front lines. "Do not worry about that too much, we are not that far away from the town. Besides, you will be safe with me. My name is Rebekah by the way," the blonde spoke. Of course, she left out the fact that she was from one of the strongest guilds in Aincrad, and a front-liner, since it was not necessary to say all that.

ID: 31443

LD: 11+1=12

Mat: 3

Edited by Rebekah

((Sorry it took me so long to reply!))

• ID#: 31926
  • LD: 20 (1 crafting material)

Teion could tell that this person was far more experienced than her, but she was happy to make a friend. She'd met several different kinds of people so far, but hadn't taken much time to get to know anyone besides her friends from the real world. Her thoughts wandered for a moment, wondering how the brothers she knew back in real life were doing in Aincrad. They'd split ways earlier, but she figured she was bound to run into them again soon.

As this new acquaintance introduced herself as Rebekah, Teion smiled. "Nice to meet you," As they exchanged pleasantries, Teion's eye caught a glimpse of a sparkle in the dirt near her feet. "Ah!" Kneeling down, she pulled a small chunk of ore from the earth, adding it to her inventory. "I was afraid I was never going to find anything."

"Well, that depends. It is just luck anyways. Even I run into times where I cannot find anything," the blonde replied. She knew that it if she really concentrated, it would be really easy to find these hidden mats. But nobody is able to focus that much especially on something such as a treasure hunt. It was either she saw or she moved on, as there was no point standing still in one location waiting for the materials to come to her. As they were talking, she noticed another material lying off to the side of the path and picked it up, and knew sometimes they just appear plentiful in the wild, but most of the time, it took some effort to find them. "Is there anything specific you are looking for, that could help narrow down the search area to make it a lot easier," Rebekah added.

ID: 31989

LD: 20+1=21

Mat: 4

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 32352
  • LD: 20 (1 crafting material)

"Oh, I just started blacksmithing. So I guess I'm looking for any kind of blacksmithing materials." As they spoke, Teion continued looking over the dirt-covered ground until she saw another sparkle in the ground. She pushed back some dirt and pulled out a small chunk of ore. "What about you?" She asked curiously. She assumed Rebekah had a different profession, or maybe she was gathering materials for a guild or something.

"For me, as a chef, it does not matter what the material is. As long as I can attempt to make it edible, and sometimes it works, other times it out right fails," the girl spoke. She knew that it was her responsibility to make the most out of what she has collected, and most of the time the food tastes fine, but there were other times when the food tastes downright disgusting, and those were the ones that she threw away. "Of course, I won't use ores or ingots." added the girl, to make sure Teion understood, that she only used normal ingredients that people use in food.

ID: 32357

LD: 18+1=19

+ mat

total: 5

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 23260
  • LD: 18 (1 crafting material)

"Ah, a chef!" Teion exclaimed. "I have a friend who's a chef, although he's fairly low level like me." She spoke as she checked the base of some more trees nearby for additional materials. "I've been wondering what kind of food you can make as your level goes higher." She started thinking about her friend Endilix, who owned a shop primarily to craft drinks, calling it more of a bar. She didn't care much for bars in the real world, so she was disappointed he didn't plan on making many dishes. As her thoughts wandered, she came across another chunk of ore, this time pulling out her axe and using the handle to help her dig out the materials.

[OOC: It's a lot easier to count when you keep a total tally]

"Well, I have not tried that to be honest. I only cook for the experience of maxing a level out. The problem is that it is rather tedious, and I am not a fan of running around to collect materials all the time," Rebekah replied. She did not treat it as a way to make col, but rather she wanted to max it out, reach level 10 and become one of the best, the other reasons were just not that important to her. It was a challenge for her to become the best chef in Aincrad, but she has been thinking, if she does not really run her cafe that often, then what was the point? Her answer so far was to keep her busy and it was more of a side hobby than an actual profession unlike others who have collected a massive fortune from it.

ID: 32532

LD: 14+1=15

+ mat

Total: 6 & 3

Edited by Rebekah

((Gotcha))

• ID#: 32723
  • LD: 18 (1 crafting material) (4 Total)

"Hmm, I know what you mean..." Teion commented as Rebekah mentioned the tediousness of gathering materials. "I haven't started up my shop yet, but I'm also looking for a good place to have it. In the meantime, there are so many different places to find materials. Although it does depend on a lot of luck." Teion perked up slightly as she spotted another chunk of ore beneath the surface, once again using the handle of her axe to dig it out. "I'm just hoping to craft my own weapons and stuff, really. If I can be self-sufficient, it would make things a lot easier. Of course crafting does sound kind of hard..." She went on, continuing to probe the dirt for more metals.

"Well, being self-sufficient is nice, but you cannot do everything yourself. There needs to be some sort of specialization, some who are tanks, others who are healers, and ones who put out the damage. That way, there is a lot more maximum potential," Rebekah spoke. She was speaking from her experiences, and that was why there was that to begin with. She hope that she managed to get her to change her mind a bit, as it does become quite hard after all to try to be completely unreliable with others. They formed teams to fight, and guilds for a reason, it was way more efficient in smaller groups than larger ones.

ID: 32838

LD: 15+1=16

Total: 7

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 33085
  • LD: 3 (no loot) (4 total)

Teion nodded, agreeing with Rebekah. "Yeah, soloing is way too difficult. Another person I've talked to was telling me about different roles, too." She recalled her conversation with Mack, where she decided focusing on damage was the best option for her. She dug around with the end of her axe handle, searching for more materials laying around, but coming up empty-handed now. She scooted over a bit and crouched down again, trying a new spot. "At first I thought this game felt way different, but it really is an MMO." She commented, referring again to the different player roles and how people were better off choosing a specialization rather than trying to do it all.

"You forgot the word - virtual," the girl added, after hearing the word MMO. Sometimes she forgot about the fact that she was stuck in this death game and they still barely cleared one-tenth of the floors so far, only 10 floor raids have been successful and the rest were unknown. On top of that, there were no real initiative on clearing them quickly, but rather it has been about safety first. "Damage is nice, as it allows you to do things yourself, but you leave yourself open to being killed if they ever land a clean critical strike on you. That is why you have to quickly trade it, and for that I recommend accuracy and evasion, so that you can not only hit more, but also evade more."

ID: 33149

LD: 9+1=10

Total: 7

Edited by Rebekah
  • ID#: 33232
  • LD: 6 (no loot) (4 total)

Teion continued digging around with no luck, so she took a break and stood up, stretching her arms over her head and giving a sigh. "Mm, yeah... I've been thinking about joining a guild, and there would be people playing a tank role. At first I thought heavy armor suited an axe wielder best, but I think I like the evasion-type armor better." She smiled, tapping on her leather tunic with her knuckle. Noticing neither of them had managed to find anything in their current location for a little while, she placed her axe behind her back and folded her arms. "Well, would you like to try a different spot? We don't seem to be having much luck here anymore." She left it up to Rebekah, looking around for other gathering spots nearby that looked more promising.