[PP-F10] Why Don't You Love Me? (Complete)

And just like that she was left all alone, walking in nearly blind in the darkness down the middle path. While she could yell for help if she needed to, she drew out her rapier and was ready to strike the moment she saw anything suspicious. As she continued to wonder forward, she thought about how realistic it was for her to win a battle against some unknown monster lurking in the dark. She continued to walk, as fast as her legs could carry her, but there was nobody, on this path at all. She wondered if it was time to head back and track back to that fork but decided to continue walking. She did not think Azide was this far away from the town, but she continued walking just in case. If anything, she was the one who was lost again on the eleventh floor.

"Hello, anyone there?"

Hearing voices had lost its novelty quite some time ago, so perhaps that was why he did not feel overly alarmed when two new ones called out from behind him. But that wasn't quite right- these voices were familiar to him, and they sounded rather disjointed and distant from each other.

"Don't think for even a moment that I don't know what you are," he growled. Azide turned stiffly, as if his arms and legs had been drenched in honey. His eyes looked sunken and red, as if he hadn't had a good night's in a long time. Even now, they twitched in their sockets as he darted them between the approaching trio. 

"You caught me," whispered a voice.

At this point, he didn't care if this madness was of Kayaba's doing or his own- all he knew was that he'd had enough. Now but a few yards from his face, he eyed the closest of the approaching figures with revulsion. There was no mistaking it- this was the spitting image of Oikawa. So, this was what it had come to?

"I knew it!" howled Azide, as a round of adrenaline struck him like a bolt of lightning. The madness had finally revealed itself in the flesh, and it had dared to take the form of his dear friend. And not just Oikawa- it had manifested before as Calrex, and he was sure that Rebekah would be next.

With the void as his backdrop, Azide threw himself drunkenly at the false-Oikawa.

He was sick of running, and even sicker of hiding. One way or another, never would end today. 

Edited by Azide